Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Does it matter which company I apply for? I did see each is allied with a different grand company.

It doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Kobata posted:

If you're spending any tomestones, make it lore, since that's most likely to not be very useful. Save up poes and scripture.

That actually doesn't say anything about whether scripture will be rolled into poetics. Nobody actually asked them directly about tomestones, just about whether RDM and SAM will get class specific gear added for them. Either way, I'm still going to have to spend the poetics for the SAM magitek gear anyway.

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

I am so Stormblood ready for RDM/PLD goodness.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Paladin Anima Sword is ridiculously good

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It'll be bad for the launch window I think, especially in EA and the first couple of days of official release.

Then people will get bored of the new classes or decide they don't want to play at all and the amount of SAM/RDM will drop off a bit.

That'd be a change of pace from HW's launch. I had zero issues getting fast queues as a solo DPS during early access. :shrug:

nuru posted:

What's the feeling on SB monk? I tended to play SMN for dps since I main Scholar, but I'm tempted to go melee for my dps job this time and have drg at 50 already.

Edit: oh hey person above me just said it

I honestly don't think FFXIV's designers play MNK much because they either think it's perfect and thus needs little to no changes (:lol:) or they simply don't know how to rework the job to make it more worthwhile. Especially since SAM seems to be taking the "contribute little/no group synergy while dealing tons of damage" role that MNK theoretically held.

Mordiceius posted:

Some (probably fake) changes coming:

i320 from the launch EX primals would be less of an ilvl gap than Ravana EX since it'd be 275->320 vs 135->190.

Some of the videos and screenshots of players in the AF3 gear are i290, too. So if that claim is valid then level 70 gear progression will likely also go AF3->TomestoneA(unlimited)->TomestoneB(limited).

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

That actually doesn't say anything about whether scripture will be rolled into poetics. Nobody actually asked them directly about tomestones, just about whether RDM and SAM will get class specific gear added for them. Either way, I'm still going to have to spend the poetics for the SAM magitek gear anyway.

The SAM Magitek gear should be the same as the MNK gear, since they share armor. Samd with RDM and SMN/BLM.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

I honestly don't think FFXIV's designers play MNK much because they either think it's perfect and thus needs little to no changes (:lol:) or they simply don't know how to rework the job to make it more worthwhile. Especially since SAM seems to be taking the "contribute little/no group synergy while dealing tons of damage" role that MNK theoretically held.

It really doesn't need many changes, though. Monk needed a trick attack style cooldown, and you could probably argue that trick attack is too strong as it is. Brotherhood is a selfish kind of version of that, so we'll see how good it gets.

Hunter Noventa posted:

The SAM Magitek gear should be the same as the MNK gear, since they share armor. Samd with RDM and SMN/BLM.

I melted down all of my magitek gear many moons ago. It's a perk of having everything at 60.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Evil Fluffy posted:

That'd be a change of pace from HW's launch. I had zero issues getting fast queues as a solo DPS during early access. :shrug:

There was a new Tank and Heal to try back then though too so it was directly addressing the probably supply issue with SB's EA.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

FortMan posted:

Can't say I have seen you for a while. I'll check once I got back on Friday.

I checked. Nope, I think I was maybe remembering the goon linkshell? I know I've seen you running around before because I remembered the name.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

I remember for LLDR at least, DPS was in need pretty frequently since everyone was dark knighting. Also I remember there were a lot of really bad tanks.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

There was a new Tank and Heal to try back then though too so it was directly addressing the probably supply issue with SB's EA.

Yeah but to play that tank and heal you had to do 30-50 again. Early access is either people getting SAM/RDM to 60 so they can join the flood of launch day people or just taking one of your current 60s and enjoying quicker DPS queues and keeping ahead of the curve.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

It is done.

... until next week :kheldragar:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
When did the other ARR tomestomes like Soldiery or older all become Poetics? Was it as soon as 3.0 hit or a little bit after? Also, how did that work? Did all of your old tomestones just convert automatically, and any under the cap were lost, or was there a conversion vendor?

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Mordiceius posted:

Some (probably fake) changes coming:

Source looks to be 4chan.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/6ggxcm/no_idea_if_this_is_real_or_not_but_heres_a_small/diq7m4t/

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

People were synced to 64 in the press preview thing and couldn't use their level 70 skills so unless they changed a huge thing like this late, that's false

Smart Car
Mar 31, 2011

People were synced to 64 in the press preview thing and couldn't use their level 70 skills so unless they changed a huge thing like this late, that's false
It's also a large enough change that it would almost certainly have been mentioned by the devs at some point.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Ciaphas posted:

It is done.

... until next week :kheldragar:

{Same}

(gently caress DoL classes im not doing a million leves of that poo poo)

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I have five days to get to il230 pray for me

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Kuvo posted:

{Same}

(gently caress DoL classes im not doing a million leves of that poo poo)

But past 50 is the point where DoL gets easier? Due to the magic of collectables.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
miner and botanist were both done 1-50 on GC turn-ins alone. gently caress going into the woods and picking berries.

fishing was finished by blowing a ton of gil on leve turnins

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kuvo posted:

miner and botanist were both done 1-50 on GC turn-ins alone. gently caress going into the woods and picking berries.

fishing was finished by blowing a ton of gil on leve turnins

Levelling gathering classes 50-60 is super loving easy. Don't even use leves that's dumb, just do collectables. The time and effort does not even remotely compare to 1-50.

I say this as someone who thought 1-50 gathering was a nightmare hell from which there was no escape.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

a 1-50 boost potion for DoL might actually be worth it at the stupid price they're charging for combat class ones

FaintlyQuaint
Aug 19, 2011

The king and his men.
Grimey Drawer

a 1-50 boost potion for DoL might actually be worth it at the stupid price they're charging for combat class ones

They could quadruple the price of the jump potion and it would still be worth it, to be honest.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

have you ever, accidentally or otherwise, had a good thought about this game? assuming casual play the jump potions probably save you money compared to paying your sub for the duration of time it would take you to level that high.

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jun 11, 2017

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

I did leves for gathering classes up to level 52 just for the chunks of XP but boy howdy are they unfulfilling. You don't get any useful crafting mats or anything so it's just busywork. Clearcutting a forest or stripmining might be better overall if you just watch netflix while you gather stuff.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

have you ever, accidentally or otherwise, had a good thought about this game?
Literally always.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Literally always.

your mother would be ashamed to have raised such a brazen liar.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

your mother would be ashamed to have raised such a brazen liar.

My mum died last weekend so nah, I have my doubts.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
4/10 attempt imo

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

People had access to the full level 70 job and they had access to every ability.

It's only the one dungeon available that synced them.

E: Oh I see what you're saying. I didn't see that dungeon quote in the leak at first.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Jun 11, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Returner's Bounty doesn't seem like that much of a boost, though I guess it's nice for leveling up spare classes.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Okay, I thought I would go ahead and buy the soundtrack, and I thought doing on iTunes would be simpler than ordering a giant Bluray since that's apparently the only store Square Enix know about, but no, apparently you can't buy the whole album of A Realm Reborn or Heavensward; you have to buy all 100 tracks separately.

Like, wow.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

One of the earlier soundtracks was only released on AUDIO BLU-RAY so I mean your life could actually be worse right now.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Very late to the yearbook thing:

L'appel Duvide
President of the Interior Design Club.
Voted most likely to procrastinate on the MSQ.
"Please come visit my house!"

Speaking of the MSQ - I'm currently on 3.2 and if I wanted to catch up before Stormblood, about how long would that take?

Note Block fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 11, 2017

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Note Block posted:

Speaking of the MSQ - I'm currently on 3.2 and if I wanted to catch up before Stormblood, about how long would that take?

iirc there are two more dungeons and a trial, if you're already 230+ should be very quick

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Shy posted:

iirc there are two more dungeons and a trial, if you're already 230+ should be very quick

Nice, thank you! I'm 250+ on several jobs, so it seems like it'll be quick.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

I would often check the database to see which quests I'm on, 3.2 makes you in progress of dragonsong
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/quest/?category2=1&category3=4 ('An End to the Song' is the trial) [edit: the previous quest is also a dungeon!]
followed up by this
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/quest/?category2=1&category3=5 (two dungeons here, quests with a 5000 reward)

Shy fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Jun 11, 2017

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

There wasn't a lot of filler in the HW MSQ content compared to ARR, so 3.2 to 3.5 is pretty short if you have the item level.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Tyberius posted:

I am so Stormblood ready for RDM/PLD goodness.

I was the ninja jumping around in front of you last night :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Hell, why not...

Ouhei Itsmi
Voted most likely to have someone "get" their name 3/4 through a dungeon.

• Locked thread