Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

HGH posted:

So when I finish The Gathering, am I supposed to repeat the final stage and hope for Giancryst drops?
And hey, BF is coming back around!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZpESXSnOmo

Ahhhh, I'm not going to have enough mats for both Amelia and Tilith until the 12 event rolls around.

Looks like Vargas is getting some global exclusive buffs. Eyeballing it, he should be on par with Gilgamesh with a fire-element slant.

Dates are 6/16 to 6/29, so this week.

Based on what Fujimoto said in the live letter, we can be expecting 6* Garland/Warrior of Light on either 6/23 or 6/30.

Esper resets are coming with the anniversary event.

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
Guess I'll try again for Tilith. Bleh.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Lol, Warrior of Light "this summer". Enough time for people who got Wilhelm to not feel cheated I guess.

Based on this, I guess I'm going to have to wait until Roy has been around for 2 months before they'll enhance Ramza.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

PaybackJack posted:

Lol, Warrior of Light "this summer". Enough time for people who got Wilhelm to not feel cheated I guess.

Based on this, I guess I'm going to have to wait until Roy has been around for 2 months before they'll enhance Ramza.

He snuck in the word 'June', so we'll be seeing him in the next couple weeks. I'm assuming not this week because BF, but week after to help with Maxwell trial, prolly.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
The following Global characters gain ability enhancements on Thursday:

Ace
------------------------
Tri-Beam Laser gains additional hits, a lower MP cost, a chance to spike to a 1200% (!!) multiplier and an imperil Fire/Ice/Lightning effect.
Spirit Hand becomes an AoE effect and costs less MP.
Devotion gains a 40% magic power passive.

Elza
------------------------
Madness Rush gains more damage, more hits and more burst stones.
Ravaging Blow gains a larger DEF/SPR debuff and more damage.
Dark Reaper gains a much greater attack/dark resist up effect.

Firion
------------------------
Fin Briar gains more defense piercing and damage.
Lance gains additional damage and a greater absorb amount.
Legend Killer gains human and ghost killer effects, and also has a greater effect on all affected types.

Cloud of Darkness
------------------------
Omni-Veil costs less MP and gains status effect resistances.
Man Eater effect increased.
Barrage damage, number of attacks increased.

Jake
------------------------
Break Style damage and DEF down effect increased.
Assault Style damage and ATK up effect increased.

Karl
------------------------
Gleaming Cleave damage, number of attacks increased.
Call to Arms ATK/MAG up effect increased to 60%, lasts 5 turns.

Seria
------------------------
Champion's Surge DEF/SPR up effect increased to 60%, lasts 5 turns.
Heart Blaze damage, number of attacks increased.

The following Japan characters gain ability enhancements tomorrow:

:siren: RIKKU :siren:
-------------------------
- Mix effect doesn't end after using an ability, number of turns active increased.
- Tidal Wave gains more damage, additional hits.
- Overdrive Boost gains an attack bonus when using fists and a max MP boost effect when using a shield.

:siren: SETZER :siren:
- Double Dice minimum damage increased, maximum damage increased to 666666.... but the MP cost becomes 99.
- Red Card damage increased, MP cost reduced.
- Quick Gamble gains a max MP boost and even more attack power when using a throwing weapon.

Seabreeze Dark Fina
- Ultima gains additional defense piercing, more hits and costs less MP
- Physical Fall turns into an AoE 50% Full Break.
- Retaliate proc rate increased, also buffs her magic when triggered.

Beach Time Fina
- Instant Cure proc rate and recovery amount improved. (counter heal like Minfilia's Blessing of the Gods)
- Raise HP recovery increased to 70%/100% (basically, upgradable to Arise)
- Cheer ATK/DEF buff increased, MP cost reduced.

Werei
- Fencing Master gains an attack and health boost, allowing you to double dip if wielding both an axe and a broadsword.
- Rice Cake attack bonus increased further when NOT dual wielding.
- Stone Fall gains more damage, lower MP cost.

Prishe
- Dragon Kick gains an imperil effect, additional defense piercing and allows Prishe Special to be used twice instead of once.
- Will to Live reraise effect is increased to 100% and lasts longer
- Passive stat buff gains refresh and bigger stat increases when fists and a robe are equipped.

Victoria
- Meteor gains multiple hits and a damage boost.
- Witchcraft gains a max MP boost and larger magic boost when using a hat and robe.
- Overflow gains even more damage per use and a reduction in MP cost.

Not sure exactly what the upgrades are yet, but both Rikku and Setzer are already workhorse characters. Even minor buffs would be worthwhile.

Varance fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jun 11, 2017

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

HGH posted:

So when I finish The Gathering, am I supposed to repeat the final stage and hope for Giancryst drops?

Don't bother trying to farm this event. Apparently giancryst drops weren't added until later story events.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I wonder if the NRG to Rank EXP on that last gathering run makes it worth it to farm for rank

hagie fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 11, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Shiiiiiiiiiiit I barely have awakening mats and I have Tilith and WoL ready to 6*. Also I'm one bloom away from getting minfilia to 6* and losing the rest of my stocked up mats.

Still dont understand why they waited so much for WoL. Its not like WoL was THAT much better than the rest of the 6* tanks, but the games meta necessitate that he be the tank you used because AoE damage and the need to have a breaker in your team.

e-Rikku's enhancements are eeeh. Mostly quality of life but the extra hits on her water attack makes Tidus chaining even stronger. Mix makes it so she can null all twice in one mix before having to prepare again. Extra MP doesn't mean much when she doesn't have an innate built in refresh.

Setzer's are also kinda eh. Extra damage on redcard doesn't mean much, you are using it to chain for stronger attacks but he might be able to pull his own weight at least. The doubledice change though has the potential to royally gently caress up some earlier trial's and challenges. The ultimate gamble, cheese the trial or fail trying.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 11, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Not sure if I should go for any of these enhancements... I have Ace but gambling for magic damage (even if it is huge) isn't my style. Plus I haven't farmed up magic TMs for him.

Killing Vector posted:

Don't bother trying to farm this event. Apparently giancryst drops weren't added until later story events.
Oof, thanks a lot, you just saved me a lot of energy not going there.

hagie posted:

I wonder if the NRG to Rank EXP on that last gathering run makes it worth it to farm for rank
Don't even think about it. It's 100 NRG for 3305 rank EXP, or 33.05 EXP/NRG. By contrast Wicked Peaks - Alluring Winds (the last map before the Diabolos fight) is 44 EXP/NRG and the best place in the game to farm rank.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hey, I'll take a boosted Firion. Could use a strong chain finisher.

On the subject of chaining madness, I think I finally have something that works. Just need to make some story progress to get the Gale Key for Sonic Knuckles and the Air Knife. Fohlen is a totally legit chainer in the vein of Orlandau. I have him with Dual Wield, my Crimson Blood and a Gungnir, plus some attack boosting stuff. I have him paired with my Reberta, who is using a Wind Spear and my Bowie Knife. If I get another Reberta or Trance Terra friend I can almost kill ELT Titan on round 2. If I had some of the better TMs, I could probably do it. It's pretty hosed that he can apply his own -75% wind debuff after dodging an attack. Everyone else on my team wants a spin-up turn, so him needing to use Vortex first is totally fine.

Chocobro, best bro. Still a pain in the rear end there's not a wind sword. It's all daggers, knuckles, spears, and katanas, which don't fit super well with a lot of the better chainers.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 11, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Completely fumbled the gatherings moogle and ticket rewards when I underestimated my T.Terras chaos wave chains and chunked the boss before I could summon. Then I missclick Eileens limit when orlandu was doing DR and instead piledrived making me fumble the limit break one. Feels bad

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
Fuuuuck, I was dumb and didn't realize that the game considered esuna recovery magic. Gonna have to blow 100 energy again for that Gathering run. :smith:

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
6th time was the charm with Dana to beat Ultross. Got lucky and Setzer was procing max damage pretty often, I don't think I even use Noctis to do damage in round 2, pretty much used comeback every round to keep healers alive. But now we're done! 240 energy later...

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I hear the Shark at the end of the gathering is a step up, like how much? If I chain 2 TGC DR's and drop Olive's LB during the chain will that be enough?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McSpankWich posted:

The fact that you can't go back and redo one of the stages while you're still in the map if you miss a condition is retarded

These story events are basically an improved(?) version of the Grand Quests from Brave Frontier and those can be far more annoying (gently caress Krantz's GQ, seriously).

Varance posted:

JP Update: White Lotus Fina is this week's new overpowered character, another "Season 2" main character. Limit burst is damage + Light/Dark imperil and grants the party Reraise. Trust mastery is a hat with 10 DEF, 24 MAG, 51 SPR and immunity to all status ailments.

Three other characters are also included, but I'm unsure of the name translations. Maintenance hasn't happened yet, so moves are still yet to be datamined.

That dog isn't Repede From ToV but it's close enough. :3:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Pulled Krile and Exdeath today, I think BE is as pumped for FJF as I am

(And wanna pet that doggo)

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

hagie posted:

The difficulty spike in this is cracking me up. Everything so far has gotten destroyed quickly.

Then I get to the shark and realized I underestimated the situation greatly...

Got the no-heals but not the limit burst kill

As my two best characters by far currently are Cecil and Gilgamesh, limit burst kill requirements make me die a little inside.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

KDdidit posted:

So I hear the Shark at the end of the gathering is a step up, like how much? If I chain 2 TGC DR's and drop Olive's LB during the chain will that be enough?

It definitely isn't that bad, your setup is pretty overkill. The final map has two bosses that might warrant such punishment but they'll likely also die to a single use of that combo.
It's not that the bosses are hard, you just can't take them for granted and come in without a proper Provoke tank and defense buffs.

Ugato posted:

As my two best characters by far currently are Cecil and Gilgamesh, limit burst kill requirements make me die a little inside.
Cecil has High Tide for faster charging and his LB is universally the best till Rikku drops, could be worse.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

KDdidit posted:

It isn't "bad" however it is a significant jump from everything else you have been used to in this. It is not Trial difficulty, but when you get used to crushing poo poo quick, it can catch you off guard. My party for this has been Fryevia, Setzer, Sohze, Firion (after this fight I swapped for Rain because of breaks) and Ysholta. Every thing else was a breeze.

This shark took Fryevia, Setzer and Sohze chained limits to like 1/10 health. I said "oh gently caress" and tried to regain ground. The battle then became tricky due to the requirements for the battle not using recover magic, and the fish spamming waterga. The rest of the fight involved me trying to gain back limit crystals with out dying because of the spam. Eventually I just used the friend to Divine Ruinate him to death, with out the limit kill.

hagie fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jun 11, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

KDdidit posted:

Super overkill. Like seriously, sure its a step up and you could be blindsided but its still a very easy story event. My T.Terras easily destroyed everything in it without actually trying and double TGC chains are way way stronger.

Chasiu
Dec 30, 2007
Ugh I give up on the True Titan trial. Tried 4 times and I either can't count and hit a threshold 1 round too early and eat Landslide or am 10% from winning and wipe. Really hurts to not have a Ling or decent DPS :(

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

achoo! :(

Side-note, when Chupon is very low on health there is a potential for a one-shot from the two of them, it might be safer to defend and Point-Warp the last 5% of his damage.

Yeah, about that...

Hailstone + a dangerous series of attacks will crush Noctis. Defending when his health is too low won't allow you to outheal the damage, I think.

The only way I think I can do this is if I make absolutely sure I've risked the sneezes and used Warp Break enough to get enough of a lead before Ultros starts using Hailstone.

So what I'm saying is maybe 6th time is indeed the charm? I'm gonna beat those MOTHER FATHER CHINESE DENTISTS!!!

After my latest crushing octopus-related defeat this morning, I got a half-price pull, and got Fohlen. He seems neat, high natural evade (but the wrong equipment types to get 100% Evade with the stuff I have, I'm almost to a 100% evade Lightning, just gotta keep grinding those TMs) and he can chain perfectly wth Reberta, and decently with Orlandeu? Plus he is a chocobro, so there's that.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

I just don't have the drive or desire to even try the Titan or the Octopus trials.

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
I want to get the Ifrit Claw but I just don't see it happening with my current options. I have two 6*/100s - Cecil and Gilgamesh. I have 5* Rain, Y'shtola and Setzer, along with a 4* Setzer (who will be 5 as soon as the last &$&%#!^ seed drops). I have no breakers to speak of and I still have a ways to go to finish my first real TMRs to make Gilgamesh a strong damage dealer. Currently it doesn't even look like I can finish Pro even with a strong dps'er. I got Siren down to about 25% on my best attempt (with Ifrit still alive).

Basically I'm just curious if there is anything that can hard carry through that fight. But based on the mechanics of it I don't know that there is such a character/build.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ugato posted:

I want to get the Ifrit Claw but I just don't see it happening with my current options. I have two 6*/100s - Cecil and Gilgamesh. I have 5* Rain, Y'shtola and Setzer, along with a 4* Setzer (who will be 5 as soon as the last &$&%#!^ seed drops). I have no breakers to speak of and I still have a ways to go to finish my first real TMRs to make Gilgamesh a strong damage dealer. Currently it doesn't even look like I can finish Pro even with a strong dps'er. I got Siren down to about 25% on my best attempt (with Ifrit still alive).

Basically I'm just curious if there is anything that can hard carry through that fight. But based on the mechanics of it I don't know that there is such a character/build.

Yes. There is.

GameFAQs poster Fallofgreen posted:

With the Gilgamesh queue cleared, it is time for Ling to shine.

Here's her build for those who are interested:
Whichever knife/knives you want
any hat / Rainbow Robe
Ring of Lucii x2
Melody of life x3 / Quick Assault
Diabolos esper

Here's how she works:
While the dark debuff is active (first 3-5 turns) she can take 300-400 damage from each of Siren's magic attacks SO YOU MAY NEED TO CHAKRA HERE, but once the dark debuff wears off, you are invincible for the remainder of the fight. You can use Alterna to make the fight go faster and can deshell to even out the espers' hp. Ling also has analyze so you can see where their health is at, but with the holy counters there is always the chance for that to screw up killing them at the same time.

For the no KO achievement:
Take one unit that has Hide or Lie Low and have them do this for the entire fight while Ling does her thing.

For the summon Ifrit/Siren achievement:
Take two units with Hide/Lie Low with Ifrit and Siren equipped and fire them off when the esper gauge is full (they will probably die afterwards) and continue to let Ling do her thing.

There is a queue forming in his topic on GameFAQs, if no Goon is able to slap this unit together (I certainly can't.)

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

minor heads up: humble bundle has thier E3 bundle up this year, and it includes a code for 500 amazon coins.

500 isnt much but it'll buy you a few free slots, so be sure to send 1 or 2 dollars to humble bundle or mooch off any of your friends who buy it and don't use amazon underground. One code per account, so don't bother trying to hoard them.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jun 11, 2017

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Yes. There is.

There is a queue forming in his topic on GameFAQs, if no Goon is able to slap this unit together (I certainly can't.)

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up!

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Got to the end of the gathering. Chained DR on one boss and hit esper summon. He was left with 1 pixel of life.

Tried to rebuild my gauge on the 2nd one, but got him low enough that I had to kill with an LB, which killed the other.

Oh well, something to do tomorrow.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This time I made sure not to gently caress up. Everything from the gathering claimed except for one white purecryst because I was an idiot and gently caress redoing that for something I'll never use because Tilith will never get enhancements.

Ive got one DW completed and one at 80%. This moogle will get it to 90%. Ive got 3 other zidanes. I could smoosh two of them and get another DW. I seriously dont think I need a 4th DW given that tilith has no arms and WoL cant dualwield shields (He can since I have him with a winged guardian on)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tengames posted:

minor heads up: humble bundle has thier E3 bundle up this year, and it includes a code for 500 amazon coins.

Holy poo poo there's a Spellforce 3 being made?!?! :aaaaa:

It's probably too much to hope for it to have full co-op.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
spent three tickets today and pulled two amelias consecutively :coal:

leveled both to max 6* and am now stopping everything in arena muahahaha

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

PaybackJack posted:

i 100% genuinely believe we wont see ramza enhancements until roy has been out for awhile. wol 6* is still one of the best tanks but enhanced ramza is very strong so obviously those of us who have the current one can just keep using him as a doublecast ultima arena unit

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
Updated event schedule:

On Thursday, 6/15, we get the Brave Frontier crossover.

(sorry, I don't have an Elza gif)

Warrior of Light and Garland are coming with Mog on June 29 for the 1st Anniversary.

The FF12 event will likely start at the same time, on June 29. Maybe a week later, depending on what they have planned for the anniversary. Poor Rasler... he never had a chance. Not even in his home game.

Lunera's FFBE story event should arrive around July 13. It'll be the same in structure to the current event that's going on.

The real question is... when are we getting Wakka? I'm guessing somewhere around July 27. Might get bumped to August by Tactics or 11, though. They know we want it.

I could be wrong, though.

Varance fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Jun 12, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This time I made sure not to gently caress up. Everything from the gathering claimed except for one white purecryst because I was an idiot and gently caress redoing that for something I'll never use because Tilith will never get enhancements.

Ive got one DW completed and one at 80%. This moogle will get it to 90%. Ive got 3 other zidanes. I could smoosh two of them and get another DW. I seriously dont think I need a 4th DW given that tilith has no arms and WoL cant dualwield shields (He can since I have him with a winged guardian on)
White crysts are among the most useless because they upgrade White magic spells that are not healing, which have their own crysts. Now think a moment and ask yourself if you'll be using stuff like Holy and Esuna when other magic and AoE abilities have supplanted both of them even if they were upgraded.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
So which Crysts should one be aiming for?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Power, Support and Tech are the most important.
Tech actually upgrades a lot of important future weapon passives as it turns out, bur not right now.
Power is very in demand because it'll pretty much be used for any damaging ability that's not a colored magic, even Counters and passives. If it does damage and doesn't have a color, it's Power based.
Support upgrades a range of stuff from various buffs and debuffs, evasion, passives... Anything goes. You'll need it a lot.
I was partially wrong about White, as it does help spells like Curaga and Raise. But healers like Tilith and so on will be using their own abilities (and Healing crysts as a result) so White's importance isn't too great.
So ultimately it's Guard, Black and Green that are the least used.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
goddamn I loving hate No Black Magic

Absolutely the stupidest arena week

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

Shoenin posted:

goddamn I loving hate No Black Magic

Absolutely the stupidest arena week
Run a Bladeblitz team. Free wins versus most mage teams right now.

Emperor can still Starfall, Exdeath can still Wicked Light, Dark Fina can still Dystopia, etc.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Varance posted:

The FF12 event will likely start at the same time, on June 29. Maybe a week later, depending on what they have planned for the anniversary. Poor Rasler... he never had a chance. Not even in his home game.

Rasler has a fantastic TM though(HP 30%, DEF 20%, Light Resistance 30%).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Holy poo poo the cat spell blade 5* is basically freyja on steroids. You ain't giving cats tm to Frey you are giving Frey sword to cat

Gumi looking at tilith- "How can we make something stronger than her so that people whale on another healer? Tiliths kit is fantastic, but she's not very flexible, she can only do one thing a turn. She has to pick if she wants to revive, cure status, raw full heal or mp restore. Lets make someone that can push out incredible scaling heals, while having the flexibility to revive someone or cure the party of status effects, also lets make her immune to all control impeding status effects.

Gumi looking at Ayaka- "poo poo, we made her way too good. What do we do to make a healer stronger than her so that people whale on second season characters? Ayaka is already perfect as a healer, how can we make something even better? Well have her be as good as Ayaka healing but also have her do completely insane damage!" And so Maiden of the White Lotus Fina is born.

Healer power creep effectively stalled out for like a year when Gumi came out with Tilith 6*. Then Ayaka came out and it really loving ramped up and now went unnecessarily hard with WL Fina. No point in whaling for Ayaka now that I know WL Fina is just way better than her in everything but not getting hit (no built in camouflage but she counters with heals and damage)

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Jun 12, 2017

• Locked thread