Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
She has talked about how she is the actual world title holder as she is overall the top ranked 145er in the world. So I guess they finally signed Megan Anderson on, that will be a fun fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I am very down with watching Megan Anderson beat the poo poo out of Cyborg hell yes let's gooooo

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Germaine De Randamie winning the 145 title in controversy then immediately relinquishing it is probably the most embarrassing title run in UFC history.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
pound for pound lists seem inherently retarded anyway

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Le Saboteur posted:

Germaine De Randamie winning the 145 title in controversy then immediately relinquishing it is probably the most embarrassing title run in UFC history.

the title is running back to non-existence, sounds good to me

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Kilometers Davis posted:

I am very down with watching Megan Anderson beat the poo poo out of Cyborg hell yes let's gooooo

I have not watched much Megan Anderson but she seems kind of not that good

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Flying knee causes fighter to hallucinate end of round bell, causing him to drop his hands and get ko'd. Two spectators rush the ring thinking it was a dirty shot

https://streamable.com/8fce8

https://twitter.com/GrishamMMA/status/873657504588341249

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Megan is still super young in the sport and will more than likely get torn up by Cyborg after some early competitiveness but it will be fun fight.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Skip My Posts posted:

pound for pound lists seem inherently retarded anyway

"Pound for pound" is a way to market smaller guys that web guys have adopted as a way to virtue signal what smart fans they are. It means nothing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Fat Twitter Man posted:

I have not watched much Megan Anderson but she seems kind of not that good

Hope, friend

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Flying knee causes fighter to hallucinate end of round bell, causing him to drop his hands and get ko'd. Two spectators rush the ring thinking it was a dirty shot

https://streamable.com/8fce8

https://twitter.com/GrishamMMA/status/873657504588341249

loving hell that was the sickest superman punch I've ever seen

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Both fighters ended up with a broken jaw.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
I guess he got his bell rung

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://puu.sh/wgXlh/c93950514a.webm

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Work Friend Keven posted:

"Pound for pound" is a way to market smaller guys that web guys have adopted as a way to virtue signal what smart fans they are. It means nothing.

Bullshit. Jon Jones was crowned for quite a while, and it took him being inactive plus Mighty Mouse going on an absurd run before people reluctantly went "oh fine, OK MM is PFP #1 I guess"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rigel posted:

Bullshit. Jon Jones was crowned for quite a while, and it took him being inactive plus Mighty Mouse going on an absurd run before people reluctantly went "oh fine, OK MM is PFP #1 I guess"

P4P existed as a concept long before Jon Jones

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
tyool 2017 43 year old mark hunt is winning fights via superior cardio

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Lid posted:

tyool 2017 43 year old mark hunt is winning fights via superior cardio

~-~heavyweight~-~

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Da black beast sucks

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Unmoved by the possible retirement of Derrick Lewis, Francis Ngannou took the opportunity to do some broken English poo poo talking on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/francis_ngannou/status/873765683565273088

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

manyak posted:

Da black beast sucks

Perhaps, but if I said that then I wouldn't be able to take as much joy in a Mark Hunt win in 2017.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

EmmyOk posted:

Wow Artem must be talking about Conor! A new dawn for him.

https://twitter.com/RusHammerMMA/status/872464865440477184

Artem is going to lose to higher and higher ranked fighters for the rest of his career until he takes a 2 year break and comes back to beat Amir Sadollah

mewse
May 2, 2006

Congratulations to Mark Hunt and Mark Hunt's shorts

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I miss Amir Sadollah and his graduation picture.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

Da black beast sucks

Yeah embarrassing performance lol

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

mewse posted:

Congratulations to Mark Hunt and Mark Hunt's shorts

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I will always remember the good times

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jun 12, 2017

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

threeagainstfour posted:

I will always remember the good times

Same. Da black beast, still better than tarvis browne

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Iirc da Black Beast was getting his rear end kicked by Travis Brown until he hit him and then his fight before that against unranked Shamil Abdurakhimov was one of the worse fights of 2016 so yeah seems bad

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

vaginal facsimile posted:

Iirc da Black Beast was getting his rear end kicked by Travis Brown until he hit him and then his fight before that against unranked Shamil Abdurakhimov was one of the worse fights of 2016 so yeah seems bad

I think Shamil was ranked like 10 or 15 lol but still you're right

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He was about to quit in the brown fight too when he was gettin kicked in the body. But brown found a way to do what he does best

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
derrick lewis is definitely a terrible flawed fighter. but that's good enough to be the legit 6th best heavyweight on the planet. he also probably made as much money as the entire flyweight roster for the browne & hunt fights, I'm guessing.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i'll always be fond of him for "swangin and bangin" Travis Browne and for trying to locate Ronda Rousey's apprently high quality rear end on public TV

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

The Black Beast has a lot of love to give, apparently. To his fianc and Ronda Rousey fine rear end, and the exercise instructors he jerks it to.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Skip My Posts posted:

He was about to quit in the brown fight too when he was gettin kicked in the body. But brown found a way to do what he does best

Actually Derrick Lewis just needed to take a poo poo in that fight and was able to destroy Travis once the bubble guts passed

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

threeagainstfour posted:

Actually Derrick Lewis just needed to take a poo poo in that fight and was able to destroy Travis once the bubble guts passed

Ah he was trying to clone himself

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah Black Beast was never going to break top 5, but could still make a good amount of money hanging around.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
There's always a place for horrifically flawed heavyweight fighters that can embarrass the real trash weights.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Yeah: The Toilet Store.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I'd buy a black beast endorsed toilet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Google Butt posted:

I'd buy a black beast endorsed toilet

bidet up in this ho

• Locked thread