Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

How many of those 70 jobs are actually miners? Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Lol drat 70 to 100 entire jobs? All at the same time and place? American economic power​ is truly unrivaled.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

Lol drat 70 to 100 entire jobs? All at the same time and place? American economic power​ is truly unrivaled.

Burt Sexual posted:

How many of those 70 jobs are actually miners? Lmao

You better hope Democrats don't share this attitude in 2018 and 2020 or they are doomed forever.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I'm trying to imagine what kind of Democrat finds it funny to belittle bringing back working class jobs and it makes me want to throw up.

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

if you take this seriously either positively or negatively you're just as much of a broke brain as he is

he's the political Andy Kaufman

Unfortunately, I work with a whole lot of people who take his word as scripture. I thought it was a male soap opera kind of poo poo at first like the WWE but these guys walk around with their earbuds in at work more and more hosed in the head as days go by. I hope they all move to South America and create another Jonestown.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

lunch on a train posted:

Unfortunately, I work with a whole lot of people who take his word as scripture. I thought it was a male soap opera kind of poo poo at first like the WWE but these guys walk around with their earbuds in at work more and more hosed in the head as days go by. I hope they all move to South America and create another Jonestown.

Why do you want to murder children? What's wrong with you?

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Yug posted:

Why do you want to murder children? What's wrong with you?

I'm gross and not a nice person.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I support anyone who makes commoners angry at those higher up

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yug posted:

I'm trying to imagine what kind of Democrat finds it funny to belittle bringing back working class jobs and it makes me want to throw up.

He's not really bringing back jobs though, is he?

You know given that this was scheduled to open starting years ago and these 70 jobs are temporary as the mine isn't expected to even be open for longer than 15 years before it closes.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

lunch on a train posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Tallgeese posted:

Let me ask you a question that hopefully illustrates my point: divorcing your mind from the fact that white nationalist groups are really loving bad, how are they actually nothing more than an expression of identity politics for white people?

That's exactly what they are

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Yug posted:

His coal policy is really moving the needle.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

lunch on a train posted:

Certainly a fair number of people take him seriously, but then again those people would have listened to Art Bell 20 years ago

That's literally what Alex Jones is, Art Bell turned up to 11

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

VikingSkull posted:

if you take this seriously either positively or negatively you're just as much of a broke brain as he is

he's the political Andy Kaufman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUIcCyPOA30

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

I dare you to take a huge bong rip and loving not love this

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

VikingSkull posted:

Certainly a fair number of people take him seriously, but then again those people would have listened to Art Bell 20 years ago

That's literally what Alex Jones is, Art Bell turned up to 11

You're correct. And to be fair, there might only be a handful of "true believers" in the mix while some are just listening for entertainment, but they are all still weird to me. Some of them even pepper other peoples cars and toolboxes with infowars stickers.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone who compares the 70-100 jobs to 0 jobs is a retard.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
I mean c'mon how is Alex Jones not hilarious

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

VikingSkull posted:

Hillary 2020, this time, it's personal

trump never shouldve killed her dog

Bholder posted:

So Alex Jones is a fraud.

Sure it's hilarious entertainment but that's not how it is advertised.

so is maury but sometimes you just have to suspend your disbelief to enjoy this life

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Prorat posted:

Welcome to Obama's America, where in his presidency, education spending was cut more than any other time in recent history.

But we did bomb more countries than ever before and removed habeas corpus

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

I posted this just a few pages ago but it's so good we should post it every page. This is basically pure condensed Alex Jones and the fact he's getting drunk and high with joe rogan to experience it makes it even better.

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
"As a member of the workers party excuse me as I laugh at your 70 jobs created while my team lost millions over 8 years, also I am a retard"

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Prorat posted:

In the grand scale of things, it's literally nothing

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Yup you are retarded.

Whats a higher number? 70 or -100,000.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Prorat posted:

Yup you are retarded.

Whats a higher number? 70 or -100,000.

You are asking this yet you still don't understand?

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Bholder posted:

optics is a word I learned this last election

I wonder if promising to add coal jobs and then doing it would fall under that term somehow

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
So all these unemployed former coal workers, when they see the first coal plant opening after years of Obama's war against their livelihood, are they going to think "Ugh only 70-100 that's nothing" or "loving finally things might be turning around for us"

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
They don't want jobs they want welfare and to sit around working on collages or lovely poems while 3rd world slaves do everything for them

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Beholder and people like him are the greatest advantage of the Trump party. Please keep posting.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

They don't want jobs they want welfare and to sit around working on collages or lovely poems while 3rd world slaves do everything for them

loving this I cannot take any more of the sneering from liberal arts majors who are hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt against working class and trade people who are actually doing productive work and getting paid well for it.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Yug posted:

So all these unemployed former coal workers, when they see the first coal plant opening after years of Obama's war against their livelihood, are they going to think "Ugh only 70-100 that's nothing" or "loving finally things might be turning around for us"

That's what we call false hope and being tricked.

Coal has no future, most of this 100 jobs are not even miners

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
No actually what they all want is middle class lifestyle with no work to get it (while do everything possible to undermine the actual middle class)

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Yug posted:

Well coal is loving dead whether or not you can life support it for another decade so maybe give them pensions and their kids a free education while investing in better adult education while working out a good strategy for how to transition tons of jobs as industries change in the future.

Of course that would require actual leadership haha.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

No actually what they all want is middle class lifestyle with no work to get it (while do everything possible to undermine the actual middle class)

Maybe they just want to work a decent job for 40 hours and be able to live a middle class lifestyle.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Please take this message nationally, I'm sure it will be a winner for the Democrat Party.

"You have no future your jobs aren't coming back you've all been tricked so you better vote for me"

Sounds like a winning message!

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Bholder posted:

Coal, Natural gas, and oil are the main source of energy for the USA for foreseeable future.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

COMRADES posted:

Well coal is loving dead whether or not you can life support it for another decade so maybe give them pensions and their kids a free education while investing in better adult education while working out a good strategy for how to transition tons of jobs as industries change in the future.

Maybe they just want to work a decent job for 40 hours and be able to live a middle class lifestyle.

How about they all go work on the Solar Powered wall then? Oh, I forgot you don't like that either

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Prorat posted:

Coal, Natural gas, and oil are the main source of energy for the USA for foreseeable future.

There won't be much foreseeable future then.

Also natural gas and oil is the reason why coal is not a thing.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
The regulations repealed make it more profitable to use less labor intensive methods of mining coal. This will mean companies will shift to these methods to capture these profits. This means LESS JOBS FOR MINERS.

hahahaha

Bholder posted:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

Coal's dead because Democrats smothered it and there's no party offering what you're proposing. Who're they gonna vote for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prorat
Aug 3, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

Coal is a live and well, please stop making things up. Guess what, electric cars will never mainstream either, crazy i know. Not that they are actual electric since you plug them into a coal produced outet.

• Locked thread