Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think the developers are lying and it's just that old engine with a couple tweaks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empathe
Nov 9, 2003

>:|
I don't need feature parity when being able to play anything portable is the main feature.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Not me

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

To be fair it doesn't sound like a cross-port, but an entirely new game built from the ground up.

That in and of itself is a remarkable thing, and shows a lot of support for Switch as a platform.

Yeah, sure.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Like if a game is better on ps4 im getting it there and ill just play more nintendo game i already own on switch or like look at my phone or something maybe even just enjoy a moments peace on the train instead of paying 60 dollars for the convenience of a game.

I learned my lesson buying game gear sonics.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wheany posted:

Yeah, sure.

EA's been getting pretty adamant about all their studios using the Frostbite engine to build their games, so having a stable engine that works on the Switch means we might actually see more games from EA studios.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah you can't give players feature parity, they would be confused. Gotta ease them into it.

It's a game built from the ground up on a new engine rather than a port, so while a lack of feature parity sucks it's better to actually get a basic solid game working on a new engine than reach for the stars and gently caress it all up with buggy features.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Like if a game is better on ps4 im getting it there and ill just play more nintendo game i already own on switch or like look at my phone or something maybe even just enjoy a moments peace on the train instead of paying 60 dollars for the convenience of a game.

I learned my lesson buying game gear sonics.

That's cool, if the portability isn't enough of a selling point for you you should buy the version you prefer. Everyone should do this and be happy with their video games of choice.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Tender Bender posted:

That's cool, if the portability isn't enough of a selling point for you you should buy the version you prefer. Everyone should do this and be happy with their video games of choice.

what the gently caress?

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Just be happy their stupidity didn't lead to a Switch version of the Mass Effect disaster

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Anyone want to convince me on why I should buy Thumper on the Switch instead of the PS4? I've been wanting it for a while but haven't grabbed it yet. Portability will be fun around the house but I have no plans of using my Switch out anywhere.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

XyrlocShammypants posted:

Just be happy their stupidity didn't lead to a Switch version of the Mass Effect disaster

Ironically, having to code a version of Mass Effect Andromeda on an entirely different engine from the ground up would probably help it considerably.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Anyone want to convince me on why I should buy Thumper on the Switch instead of the PS4? I've been wanting it for a while but haven't grabbed it yet. Portability will be fun around the house but I have no plans of using my Switch out anywhere.

HD Rumble? It's in 1080p still so it looks basically the same on both.

I hear it's good on VR so if you have that than get it on PS4, if not then get it on Switch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The best version of Thumper is on PSVR but if you can't do that then yeah either regular PS4 or Switch.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ironically, having to code a version of Mass Effect Andromeda on an entirely different engine from the ground up would probably help it considerably.

It still would be a game with massive pacing issues, bad story, and unmemorable characters.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kilometers Davis posted:

You can play it handheld and on your tv with Switch.

I also have a PS4 but chose Switch just because being able to play it handheld is a feature. It's a legit way of thinking. Portable version is a feature.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Kilometers Davis posted:

One of the things that is nice about Thumper on PSVR is the fact that there is little to no latency. You can enjoy zero-latency Thumper with the Switch in portable mode.

The PS4 version is definitely prettier, but it's a darn good Switch port.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Spacebump posted:

It still would be a game with massive pacing issues, bad story, and unmemorable characters.

I figured that went without saying; There's no salvaging that game's writing.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Dr Cheeto posted:

One of the things that is nice about Thumper on PSVR is the fact that there is little to no latency. You can enjoy zero-latency Thumper with the Switch in portable mode.
You can also enjoy low latency gaming on Switch if your TV has low input lag.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Neddy Seagoon posted:

a lack of feature parity

Neddy Seagoon posted:

gently caress it all up with buggy features.
Why not both!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Can't wait for Battlefield 1 on Switch

Without Multiplayer or any of that other confusing stuff.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man goons hate everything I like :(

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Turtlicious posted:

Stop liking bad things?

;)

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Turtlicious posted:

It's okay. Goons aren't always right, just look at the Star Wars threads in CD.:)

Do all the pro controllers have dpad issues or just some?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I couldn't tell if you were talking about Andromeda or when the PS3/360 were getting the Trilogy pack the WiiU just got 3.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

It's okay. Goons aren't always right, just look at the Star Wars threads in CD.:)

Do all the pro controllers have dpad issues or just some?

Its not an issue it was designed that way. You can break it in to be less touchy or wait for a revision

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
it was designed to malfunction?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

EpicNemesis posted:

My guess is it's on the eshop already and waiting to be a surprise e3 announcement. When it went up it disappeared from the coming soon list. My cousins uncle's best friends former roommate works at Nintendo so I kind of have it on good authority.
That's what I'm hoping. It's been on my to-do list for ages but I haven't picked it up on PC so I'm really stoked for it on Switch assuming the port is even decent.

(Also, when my mom found out I bought "the new Nintendo console", one of the three questions she asked was "do they still make those farming games?" because she remembered how much I loved HM SNES, 64, and FoMT for the GBA :3:)

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I would like a shooter akin to Battlefield (whatever the Star Wars one is). Just something I can play online but doesn't take more than 30 minutes a round.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
if you press right but you exert force upwards towards the up button it'll press up, but i dunno how anyone is doing this accidentally. i have to go out of my way to push the right button upwards instead of right

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

I would like a shooter akin to Battlefield (whatever the Star Wars one is). Just something I can play online but doesn't take more than 30 minutes a round.

While I want to say Splatoon should satisfy that, the feeling I got from Splatoon on WiiU was that it was a LOT of fun but it didn't really satisfy my shooter itch.

That said I do my shooting on the PC so it didn't really bother me, but a WiiU MP gun game would be great.

As an aside and purely theoretically, I wonder whether the Switch could run the old frostbite engines. Obviously they're dated but I still had a TON of fun with BF:BC2 and BF3. Both games still look good. Getting ports would never happen but that would be my ideal shooter right now.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jun 11, 2017

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Is there not an overarching E3 thread?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Yeah I'm getting Splatoon no matter what but I want something with explosions n'poo poo.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah I'm getting Splatoon no matter what but I want something with explosions n'poo poo.

Wait for the Super Mario Odyssey Syria DLC

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Is Xbox One X the new worst name for a hardware? Does Nintendo have to hand over the trophy now?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Is Xbox One X the new worst name for a hardware? Does Nintendo have to hand over the trophy now?

jfc microsoft :stare:

Jcam
Jan 4, 2009

Yourhead
Any American buttlords willing to do another PayPal exchange for Has-Been Heroes?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
They also announced that there aren't going to be any Xbox One exclusives in the foreseeable future

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Why the gently caress do we have to wait until Tuesday, everyone else is getting their conference today or tomorrow. Show me the games Reggie.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Viewtiful Jew posted:

It knocked my XOX off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
does it at least have the right ram?

• Locked thread