Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Glad to see ICO's castle is still finding work.
Hello mr. robot Masamune, do you have a collegue named Muramasa somewhere?

'Sup 1B. Maybe 0B or PB (P for prototype). Something tells me you'll fit right in here in :yokotaro: land.
Please tell me the new android is actually Kainé that got the Motoko Kusanagi treatment. (Ok it would be a terrible twist, but I miss Kainé)

AradoBalanga posted:

Correction: there is no safe anywhere in a Yoko Taro game. Well, maybe except the start menu, we haven't seen any character get killed off there yet.

Remind me, did the narrator in D3 get the Zero treatment before or after the start menu?
In any way, give it time and have faith in the dark side of the force.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I'm not going to lie, Pascal has anyways struck me as being TOO nice. It seemed like a front to me, to cover something way more sinister. That feeling really solidified during this whole area. I felt like he just aimed me at the Forest King and knew 2B and 9S would murder the poo poo out of the king and all his subjects. The fact that 2B didn't kill the king never mattered. Pascal knew that brat was going down.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Josuke Higashikata posted:

TDI didn't make it clear but 2B and 9S start laughing very momentarily before the Forest King gets crackered by best girl. Definitely catch the video
I'm almost certain that was just the beginning of their gasp at baby-stabbing android appearing.

Now that I'm looking for it I sort of see what you're talking about, but I think if it was intentional it would be a lot more obvious.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

TDI didn't make it clear but 2B and 9S start laughing very momentarily before the Forest King gets crackered by best girl. Definitely catch the video

I thought we'd all agreed Jackass was the best.

One skewered baby doesn't match up to creating a drug ring for science.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

So how many languages has this game been translated into, and what's 9S's lame nickname in each of them?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

AirborneNinja posted:

Relevant to 9S face tanking the most dangerous enemy and our new challenger.

Okay, I can't hear the words "Okay but why though?" without thinking of Cell vs Kenshiro.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib

The Dark Id posted:

Roger that, Nine...ze.
Huh!? Wait, what did you just say!?
Roger that, 9S.

Still not sure if subconscious slip or deliberate troll.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So here's something I do know, you don't have to drag the box all the way to the right, in fact you don't need the box at all to get back up. If you have a weapon with a rising strike, which I think is all of them if they're equipped in the heavy slot, you can jump, upwards blow, jump and pull yourself up or just land on the ledge anyway.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Omobono posted:

'Sup 1B. Maybe 0B or PB (P for prototype). Something tells me you'll fit right in here in :yokotaro: land.
A1. Codename: Steak Sauce.

Given the state of her clothes she's either been through some serious poo poo or she's been on earth for a long, long time so...
VVVVVVVV

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 11, 2017

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

InequalityGodzilla posted:

A1. Codename: Steak Sauce.

She's that important?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Vonnie posted:

She's that important?

No.

She's A2.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
What the hell.

I've been avoiding spoilers for this game but still I'm amazed 'new character important enough for cutscene out of nowhere, stabs a baby by way of introduction' managed to completely slip by my radar in this day and age.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Zoe posted:

What the hell.

I've been avoiding spoilers for this game but still I'm amazed 'new character important enough for cutscene out of nowhere, stabs a baby by way of introduction' managed to completely slip by my radar in this day and age.

She's, er, literally on the cover.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

For the longest time I thought they were supposed to start laughing here because of the open mouths and the shocked sound they make coming pre-emptively before mystery lady swoops in

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Also I just noticed that while 2B does a cool backflip when she gets pushed back, 9S just falls on his rear end like an idiot.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012

Dzhay posted:

So how many languages has this game been translated into, and what's 9S's lame nickname in each of them?

Steam page says 6 official ones, 4 of which are subtitle only. "Neuner" in German, "Nueve" in Spanish, "9 tout court" in French, "Nove" in Italian, and I can't read the Japanese subtitles, but the voicing sounds like "Nineza".

Update XXXVIII

The Dark Id posted:

Just missing a fully Havel’s set.

She doesn’t stop on dime nor does she instantly turn around.

Pretty sure that should be "full", but I'm not immersed enough in the DS community to be certain.

Update XXXIX

The Dark Id posted:

There may be more to a few past locations we've yet to plunder.

That's like a midboss ... would name himself.

Now just line up for you decommissioning and we'll be on our way

Those enemies are the worst design thing in this game by miles.

1st just feels a little awkward. Maybe put in "that we've yet". 2nd should be "like what a"

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
I died in one of the more narrow 2D hallways in this area and my body spawned in the "background" where I couldn't access it, so I had to reload my file and do the whole castle over again.

Forget forest zone, gently caress forest castle.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Zagglezig posted:

Steam page says 6 official ones, 4 of which are subtitle only. "Neuner" in German, "Nueve" in Spanish, "9 tout court" in French, "Nove" in Italian, and I can't read the Japanese subtitles, but the voicing sounds like "Nineza".

It's just "Nines" in Japanese. Technically, it's "Ninez", with the S voiced... but Japanese tends to voice S when it's at the end of a loan word like that all the time, so "Nines" is really the better translation.

わかった、ナインェズ。 - Understood, Nine-esz. (She kind of slurs the 'e' a little so it's all quiet-like, and voices the 'S'.)
え!?今何て言いました? - Huh!? What did you just say?
わかった、9S。 - Understood, 9S.
え? 違いますよね?もっと、こう「ナインズ」的な発音でしたよね? - Eh? That was different, wasn't it? Just now, you pronounced it kind of like "Ninez", didn't you?
黙って敵を倒す。 - Shut up and kill the enemies.

Hyper Crab Tank fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jun 11, 2017

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

chiasaur11 posted:

Taro Yoko is a creative man.

I'm sure he'll find a way to include child-killing even in a world without children.

Been sitting on this one.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Don't forget creepy boy made out of stolen YoRHa chips! Other than we only hear about it in the quest conclusion as text rather than seeing it on-screen.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

9S is pretty childish looking. Maybe he'll die?
:pray:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Hopefully they will all know the peace that death will bring

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
A fate too kind for one of his games

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

9S is pretty childish looking. Maybe he'll die?
:pray:

he's already died in the prologue

you sick bastard

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Good point. 2B and 9S endlessly dying over and over again, being rebuilt and have no memory of their failures or demise. For all we know it could have been happening for hundreds of years by now.
Truly a :yokotaro: level of depressing.

Edit: So, any theories as to why all the forest machines considered an apparently non-communicative baby bot as their king?

Now I'm just imagining Emil's head all wrapped up in a sheet metal swaddle like the baby bot was :3:
VVVVVV

InequalityGodzilla fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 11, 2017

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Edit: So, any theories as to why all the forest machines considered an apparently non-communicative baby bot as their king?

:shrug:
They thought Emil was inside the baby-bot?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Omobono posted:

:shrug:
They thought Emil was inside the baby-bot?

Hey wait, that's right? Where did Emil go? I can't imagine this is the last we've seen of him.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

It's a metaphor for the current political climate. A figurehead that can't give actual orders is at the top while the army/secret service/other elite is really in control.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
The infanticide represents the Democrats.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Let me regale you all with my theory on how the storylines of Drakengard 1 & 2 are actually a complex, metaphorical retelling of the October Revolution with Caim and Angelus represtenting the bolsheviks, Inuart representing the Mensheviks, and Manah's role as the Tsarist system. Furthermore *faaaaaaarrrttt*

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jet Jaguar posted:

Hey wait, that's right? Where did Emil go? I can't imagine this is the last we've seen of him.

He's around.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Pascal actually sent you in because lil' sis heard there was a robot baby and wouldn't shut up about wanting to know how it was made

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Begemot posted:

He's around.

Actually he's a sphere.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Jet Jaguar posted:

He's finding a better means of transportation than rolling around on his face. You get tired of chewing rubble every other foot or so after a while.

Bruceski posted:

Actually he's a sphere.
This fuckin' guy right here :v:

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Fun fact, Nines translated in norwegian is Nier.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Attitude Indicator posted:

Fun fact, Nines translated in norwegian is Nier.

:aaaaa:

Just as planned?!?!

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Because his dead dad was the previous king, duh. It's like you've never heard of a monarchy.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

WrightOfWay posted:

Because his dead dad was the previous king, duh. It's like you've never heard of a monarchy.

But...but how is baby m-- oh wait we already saw that. D:

Zoe fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jun 12, 2017

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

And now it's a baby-pop.

How will 9s deal with this? We've got good wholesome down-home 2b, or the wild and crazy mystery girl that shares his burning hatred for the machine race! What a corker!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Ratoslov posted:

And now it's a baby-pop.

How will 9s deal with this? We've got good wholesome down-home 2b, or the wild and crazy mystery girl that shares his burning hatred for the machine race! What a corker!
In the second playthrough you play as 9S, and just like many times before there's a radical shift in gameplay. Except, instead of turning into a side scroller, or a shoot 'em up, it turns into a dating sim.

• Locked thread