Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Brother Entropy posted:

really makes you wonder how krillin convinced 18 to use that name in the first place

Obviously he didn't tell her, and then Yamcha made a comment after Marron was born and it was too late.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I liked how 17 and Krillin instantly warmed up and got comfortable the second they started to discuss punching and poacher murder

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Dias posted:

"How old are you" "I'm 17"

...did I start a Nichijou episode by mistake?
I instantly thought of this old and completely inappropriate WTS clip when that line came up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m83HaOw5fg

Caros
May 14, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

really makes you wonder how krillin convinced 18 to use that name in the first place

I just assumed she was pissed off that her brother forgot his niece's name. That'd irk me as a parent.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

17 better stick around after this arc. i hope he doesnt just gently caress off to animal island forever once its over

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kelp Plankton posted:

17 better stick around after this arc. i hope he doesnt just gently caress off to animal island forever once its over

he's gonna gently caress off back to animal island and never be seen outside of the ending again

but maybe he will come over for dinner

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I hope Marron handles those poachers herself.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Rudoku posted:

I hope Marron handles those poachers herself.

I want Pan and Bra to be there too

I want all five of them murdering poachers during the best sleepover ever

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
Looking at the preview for the next episode did it look like Sidra was in U7 too? It should be the dogman shooting that purple blast out of the water, but they have a short shot of Sidra with one just like it. Are they going to end up murking the U9 GoD before the tournament?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

OB_Juan posted:

Looking at the preview for the next episode did it look like Sidra was in U7 too? It should be the dogman shooting that purple blast out of the water, but they have a short shot of Sidra with one just like it. Are they going to end up murking the U9 GoD before the tournament?

If you want people to take goldboy seriously, then having him butcher the weakest Destroyer would be a pretty good way to do it

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Sidra's a moron and he's going to be erased before his team even get to scrap.

I wonder how many people who were going to be on his team were just sent to be slaughtered by Frieza?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Black August posted:

If you want people to take goldboy seriously, then having him butcher the weakest Destroyer would be a pretty good way to do it

and then after the tournament Freeza gets stuck in a poo poo-tier universe as their new God of Destruction which would actually probably play to his strengths

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Black August posted:

Holy poo poo that'd be awesome

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I can't stop watching that edit of the Frieza transformation. It's :perfect:
It even lines up with the flow of the music.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Kelp Plankton posted:

and then after the tournament Freeza gets stuck in a poo poo-tier universe as their new God of Destruction which would actually probably play to his strengths

hes way too capricious. like beerus can be a dick and all but hes doing, sorta, what a god of destructin is supposed to do. freeza would have a zamasu-type universe within two weeks

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

tbp posted:

hes way too capricious. like beerus can be a dick and all but hes doing, sorta, what a god of destructin is supposed to do. freeza would have a zamasu-type universe within two weeks

Maybe not

The thing with Freeza is, he really cannot control himself in his final form. In his first form, he has some modicum of restraint. Once he starts to transform, he starts going wild.

So if he staid in his first form he'd run it about as well as his empire!

And we all remember how well run his empire was

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

tbp posted:

With seven universes facing complete annihilation if they fail to entertain the god babies enough Freeza is probably exactly what they look for in a god of destruction.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Make Freeza one of the other universe's God of Destruction

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy9PREwjChs

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Golden Frieza is in, so Super content can show up. :toot:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Some of it almost looks like traditional animation and I was super, super excited for a second. :saddowns:

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

I love how Goku's just standing there with a look on his face like "What the gently caress is this rear end in a top hat doing?"

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

Some of it almost looks like traditional animation and I was super, super excited for a second. :saddowns:

um the artstyle is incredibly good

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

I'm a little miffed at how Toriyama has treated Buu, but then I'd imagine that if you had to draw, like, fifteen different versions of Buu during the last arc of DBZ, you'd probably be looking for an excuse to sideline him for another character too

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Parrotine posted:

I'm a little miffed at how Toriyama has treated Buu, but then I'd imagine that if you had to draw, like, fifteen different versions of Buu during the last arc of DBZ, you'd probably be looking for an excuse to sideline him for another character too

Buu isn't really a very dynamic character, in all fairness. I mean, pretty much all he contributes is his relationship with Satan and theatrics.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Toriyama isn't drawing anything

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

Buu isn't really a very dynamic character, in all fairness. I mean, pretty much all he contributes is his relationship with Satan and theatrics.

But I love that relationship! Mr. Satan and Buu antics are heartwarming :D

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Aurora posted:

Toriyama isn't drawing anything
Besides maybe snow angels in his huge piles of money.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

PMush Perfect posted:

hey real talk

this looks better than that

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

PMush Perfect posted:

A traditional 2D-HD fighter would probably look worse and this technique lets you do fun dramatic camera changes, character costumes/reskins, etc that are very difficult to pull off with traditional 2D. Arcsys has made one other game with this technique (Guilty Gear Xrd) and its gorgeous, go check out some footage and tell me you're disappointed.

They also make really fun fighting games, including a few DBZ games in the past (which are their weakest fighting games, honestly: Supersonic Warriors 1 & 2 and Extreme Butoden).

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I hope Krillin, Yamcha, and Raditz are in the game and somehow end up being top tier characters.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

if life was good every anime game would look as good as xrd does

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

A traditional 2D-HD fighter would probably look worse and this technique lets you do fun dramatic camera changes, character costumes/reskins, etc that are very difficult to pull off with traditional 2D. Arcsys has made one other game with this technique (Guilty Gear Xrd) and its gorgeous, go check out some footage and tell me you're disappointed.

They also make really fun fighting games, including a few DBZ games in the past (which are their weakest fighting games, honestly: Supersonic Warriors 1 & 2 and Extreme Butoden).
Okay, that's fair.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Parrotine posted:

But I love that relationship! Mr. Satan and Buu antics are heartwarming :D

It's great, but Mr. Satan doesn't influence the plot much either.

They're better as side characters.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's great, but Mr. Satan doesn't influence the plot much either.

They're better as side characters.

Mr. Satan saved the world. :colbert:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Goddamn that was quite the transformation sequence considering its a form we've already seen.
Krillin's awkward interaction with 17 was great.
Episode kicked rear end.

That new fighting game looks pretty dope.

Augus fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jun 12, 2017

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Rhonne posted:

Mr. Satan saved the world. :colbert:

yes he did.

but that was once and you can't really repeat that kind of thing or else the heart and humor of it gets stale.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

lookin forward to the frost/freeza and caulifla/goku conversations in 100 episodes when the tournament actually starts

only 5 more minutes until planet namek explodes...

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

lookin forward to the frost/freeza and caulifla/goku conversations in 100 episodes when the tournament actually starts

only 5 more minutes until planet namek explodes...

It's already like a month tops confirmed, unless you think they'll extend the opening ceremony to a ridiculous degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was just a joke

• Locked thread