Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

maskenfreiheit posted:

Just the other day I said "Hey females do any of you have boyfriends" to some ladies on the train and one said "oh yeah that's not creepy" so yes yes they will

Phew good. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

corn on the cop posted:

a good sign is if they seem legitimately bothered by your presence

Maybe they just have to take a poo poo or something though? :shrug:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

that is so loving hot

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Women don't poo poo you dingus

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

maskenfreiheit posted:

Women don't poo poo you dingus

Oh yeah I forgot they are perfect beings who metabolize 100% of the food they eat as pure energy. :smuggo:

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
No women pee out their butts and leak perfume through their skin, but that's it. :biotruths:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dinosaurmageddon posted:

No women pee out their butts and leak perfume through their skin, but that's it. :biotruths:

They have a penis in their butt? :staredog:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

They have a penis in their butt? :staredog:

Yeah! Dance all night!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

HoAssHo posted:

Creepy dude posted his picture and he's totally normal looking and even could be cute if he had a good personality to go with it and was confident. Whenever someone asks the question "how do I be less creepy?" there's always someone who pipes up with "be good-looking" and that's such bullshit. Good-looking people can totally be creepy. It's a whole vibe.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

He must have been hyper creepy to not be able to meet girls as a teen with a nice car. Teens are stupid. 

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Jun 11, 2017

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

He must have been hyper creepy to not be able to meet girls as a teen with a nice car. Teens are stupid.

Also he was rich and had a dad who worked in hollywood. Turns out none of those things can offset being a total whackjob.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

HoAssHo posted:

Creepy dude posted his picture and he's totally normal looking and even could be cute if he had a good personality to go with it and was confident. Whenever someone asks the question "how do I be less creepy?" there's always someone who pipes up with "be good-looking" and that's such bullshit. Good-looking people can totally be creepy. It's a whole vibe.
Calling an ugly dude creepy because he showed interest in someone even if he didn't really do anything skeevy is def a thing that happens. Not to say its not a common excuse too, particularly when it comes to weirdos that believe in ladder theory or the whole incel thing about women only dating the highest quality chads but that doesn't mean its not a thing at all either. As with most internet stuff There are legit examples of a phenomenon and then a bunch of people latch onto it and use the idea incorrectly.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Naerasa posted:

Also he was rich and had a dad who worked in hollywood. Turns out none of those things can offset being a total whackjob.

"My dad made the Hunger games, want to see it in my awesome car?" That's all it would have taken, Jason Vorhees could do it.

He must have been hyper hyper creepy.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

Calling an ugly dude creepy because he showed interest in someone even if he didn't really do anything skeevy is def a thing that happens. Not to say its not a common excuse too, particularly when it comes to weirdos that believe in ladder theory or the whole incel thing about women only dating the highest quality chads but that doesn't mean its not a thing at all either. As with most internet stuff There are legit examples of a phenomenon and then a bunch of people latch onto it and use the idea incorrectly.
Especially common for younger women to call guys they don't find attractive, physically or as people, creeps or creepers. Or it was 5+ years ago. I've never been called a creep, somehow, but I've seen it happen a ton to people who weren't being creepy at all. I've also seen actually creepy people get called that.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I think the point is if you're consistently being called creepy all the time and people appear to be put off by your behavior, you're probably actually creepy - not just ugly.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It must have sucked for Elliot to see a film his dad made, where the hero was a woman.

Why didn't he hang around on set meeting actresses and being chill. A dating site profile photo with filmstars? It was all there for him.

What a retard.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Its the edits that make this.

quote:

Me [32 F] with my husband [33 M] 10 yrs, found his medical records showing he got tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea. I dont know if I should suspect infidelity or notRelationships
submitted 18 hours ago * by dpressedgirl
I will try to keep this short due to time.
Lately he was acting very distant from me, going out all the time, getting angry at me for little things
All of a sudden he got sick and ever since he completely changed and became extremely loving but also very very nervous.
I've read that this is the typical way people react when they cheat due to guilt.
I saw some papers which were his medical records showing that he got tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea (besides culture and urinalysis).
I know the urinalysis was negative but no results for the other tests yet.
Should I assume he cheated on me? Or is it standard practice at the clinics to do those tests WITHOUT telling the patient?
Will the department of health contact me if it is positive?
Please help I have nowhere else to seek advice
EDIT: thank you all so much! I learned a lot from you and have decided not to immediately assume that it was cheating although everything points into that direction. I will get myself tested instead and I can use that as proof if it comes positive. I am experiencing vaginal symptoms so I wouldn't be surprised if it came out positive
EDIT 2: I brought it up to him and turns out that he did know about it and actually asked to check for everything. Mentioned his penis was touching toilets and wants to make sure he didn't get an STI. Is that even possible???
EDIT 3: he did cheat (he said that she gave him a hand job only. Could one get infected this way?)
tl;dr: Saw my husbands medical records laying around and said he got tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea (besides culture and urinalysis). Should I assume he's cheating on me?

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011

My [14M] brother [20M] is an successful youtube/switch person and he keeps rubbing it in my face about how much money he has

quote:

I am so sick of my brother. He keeps rubbing it in my face how much money he has and makes fun of me for having none. I mean moms a lawyer, but I don't have free reign with her money. All he does is play loving video games, and these people are stupid enough to donate money to him. I'm to young to get a job and I get $50 allowance every 2 weeks.

It really pisses me off how arrogant he's become. It pisses me off that I have to study hard and go to college one day to get money, but he sits there and he plays video games for money. It's not right. There's nothing special about YouTube personalities. Therte losers who could not get into college like my brother. Why? because he hosed around his entire life and he's making money., He taunts me everytime I see him. I've spoken to my mom and sister about this. They told me to just study hard, go to college and get a good job.

tl;dr: I hate my brother and I don't know what to do about him anymore.

:3:
I choose to believe this is real

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

quote:

All he does is play loving video games, and these people are stupid enough to donate money to him. I'm to young to get a job and I get $50 allowance every 2 weeks

You're going to have to get your punctuation and grammar together before I could possibly care.

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax

corn on the cop posted:

how many women do you think have actually called that dude creepy to his face? 0? 1?

someone asked why girls called him creepy and he replied

quote:

Robertmoro02 [S] -8 points 5 days ago
Like I asked this girl if I could pay her for her time to tell me why women won't go out with me and she called me creepy

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

putrid aidsman posted:

someone asked why girls called him creepy and he replied

Reminds me of the guy a few pages back who preemptively sent his (now ex) GF a pic of him nutting on a picture of her the instant she showed signs of thinking he might have done something creepy. Some guys just can't resist sticking their dick in a blender and then going "help why is my dick always getting shredded by these spinning blades???"

putrid aidsman
Apr 13, 2017

by Lowtax
here's a big wall of crazy... you only need to read the first paragraph tbh

quote:

Me [31/f] visiting my bf of 2 years in South Africa [23/M] His parents are making our lives hell. Should I leave SA and go home?Non-Romantic
(self.relationships)

I met my boyfriend on Reddit a couple years ago. He doesn't make much money and still lives with his family. They live in South Africa, I am American. This is the second time I have visited him. I have incurred a lot of expenses coming here, but I came to spend time with him. He loves me and wants to marry me. There is an 8 year age difference between us, but we don't even notice it or think about it when we are together.

I've been here about a month and a half now. Since he still lives with his parents, we are staying on their property in a separate flat. His parents moved a month ago and I went through the move with them. His mother, who we will call Jan, is controlling and has a, shall we say, "odd" way of doing things. For instance, before they moved, she had all of the bed frames/box springs packed up and made everyone sleep on just a mattress on the floor. So when I got there, I had to sleep on a mattress on the floor. When his parents moved (15 hours away), they didn't hire a moving van, oh no. They just used a trailer hitched to the back of their car and threw a tarp over it. It rained, etc. They wanted to put my suitcase on it too. My boyfriend told them no. His dad told him he needed to "sort his woman out and put her suitcase on the trailer." His mom shoved a bunch of her crap on top of my suitcases like random stuff and damaged a bunch of stuff, went through one of my suitcases and lied about it. The cat peed on my boyfriend's lap (in the carrier) on the drive down when we were moving and she refused to stop and clean out the carrier, so the stench of cat pee wafted through the car for 15 hours.

She snapped at my boyfriend and screamed at him for trying to rearrange some suitcases in the car so I would have more than less than an actual seat to sit in. I was shoved in the back with a bunch off stuff and two cats. My seat was so small and there was so little room left that it wasn't even enough to buckle the seatbelt. We stopped overnight to sleep somewhere and were woken up by his mom gossiping about us to his younger brother. The next morning, his brother went up to him and said that "the general consensus is, you both can go f*** yourselves."

That day, his mom complained to his dad about my boyfriend and I and that I didn't offer to drive on the way down (my boyfriend can't drive and I was working remotely til 2 am). She never asked me to drive. And also, I'm not used to driving on the left side of the road like they do here in SA (but later had to rent a car, which I will get to). So this resulted in his whole family having a screaming argument and his dad called him a "silly f***" over and over again. I had to sit in a room alone overhearing all this and I was scared.

His parents think this is totally okay. Their house is filthy. I have never complained. The old one was and so is this one. His dad and brother ash on the floor in the house (from their cigarettes). I am not used to this type of living at all. I have scrubbed and cleaned the flat we are staying in since day one. It was filthy when we moved in and I did all the work and didn't complain. Since the house is in the middle of nowhere, we are trapped here. Even though we live in a separate flat apart from the main house, ours doesn't have a kitchen or laundry. He goes in the house to get things and I don't go in there... it was initially because they chain smoke, but now I won't go in there because of everything that has happened in the past few days.

The other day, my boyfriend made a comment to his brother that it was "real classy" that he washed his hands in a sink that had dishes soaking in it. It was an offhand remark. His mom complimented my boyfriend for cleaning the kitchen and said how nice it looked (she never cleans). Then his brother went behind his back and told his mom that my boyfriend and I said they were low class. She went to him and screamed at him and said "Where does this come from? She (me) is TOO OLD for you. She just wants a younger guy she can manipulate and wants a free ride here in SA. You're being manipulated! She thinks she's some kind of madame!"

WTF. My boyfriend told me everything and I cried and cried. He later told her I had been crying and she rolled her eyes. His family had a "talk" that night (his dad and mom were just screaming at him and cutting him off) with his brothers there as well. His mom kept saying "She is 8 years older than you! Women int heir 30's want to settle down and have a baby and you're not ready for a baby." How is that any of her business? And I have never once mentioned anything about having a baby to that woman! His dad kept screaming to him "Bring her here now and make her tell me to f*** off! Bring her here now!" (talking about me). My boyfriend refused and told him he's not putting me in that position. His parents honestly scare me. These people are vile. I wasn't raised this way. It's shocking the things they say to him.I love and care about my boyfriend and it physically hurts to overhear his dad call him a "stupid f**, piece of sht" over and over and over. He was doing that throughout the "discussion." She kept discussing my age in front of his brothers. It made me feel freakin' old and like my life is a joke and that I shouldn't be here. He can't stand his parents and wants to go NC with them. His dad said I'm "rude" because I barely talk to them. He can't put down a cigarette for more than 5 minutes and when I have talked to him (and he knows I have a heart condition) he still refuses to put down the cigarette. This family doesn't eat together or do anything together, but his parents will take the two brothers out to dinner and leave me and my boyfriend at the house.

I've had to rent a car since being here. I've spent about 60,000 Rand in total since being here and they made the claim that I'm just here to "stay for free and to have a younger guy to manipulate" (my bf and I have been together 2 years). When his mom was screaming all that BS about me, she said "I don't give a sh*t if she can hear me!" His dad said I'm rude also because I didn't greet him the other day. He was walking looking down at the ground and looking pissed off, I was going to say hi but was waiting to make eye contact with him. His body language seemed like he didn't want to be spoken to.

His family is violent and aggressive. His parents just scream and shout over him. They have left him with horrible memories because of their abuse. I don't want to go speak to them. My family would be mortified if they knew what's going on here and I don't want to worry them and it's too embarrassing to tell them. My flight is scheduled to go home mid july but my boyfriend wants me to extend my visa for another 3 months (I said the most I would stay is til mid or end August)...

But at this point even staying another week feels so uncomfortable. I'm afraid to go talk to these people. They can't be reasoned with and I'm hurt over all the things they've said. I feel lost. I love my boyfriend... I want to help him. But every day he comes to me with all the stuff his family is doing that pisses him off (pisses me off too) and this feels unhealthy, toxic, and it's draining me. I could rent somewhere else possibly for us to stay, but my boyfriend has NO MONEY whatsoever... so everywhere we go, I have to pay every expense for him (including food, etc... everything). I've already spent a small fortune here and his parents know this and don't give a poo poo but they still accused me of coming here to manipulate him and for a "free ride" basically (it costs a lot just to get to SA in the first place).

I've done a lot of nice things for his family in the past, like bake them things, brought his mom flowers, got her a card and small token gift when their dog passed away (which they promptly replaced with a new puppy and never spoke of the dog who passed again)... they seem to quickly shove all these things under the table.

What should I do?

Obviously, I want to stay and spend time with my boyfriend, but staying will mean spending a lot more money (rental cars, etc)... and he thinks we should stay here at his parents' house to avoid renting another place but it is so uncomfortable and next weekend his older brother is coming and his mom will gossip to him about this situation as well.

I feel so uncomfortable and I know that when I leave it will take a while to heal from this. I spent a fortune just getting here and this has been a horrible experience.

tl;dr: His parents are violent and abusive. His mom said I'm "too old" for him after his brother twisted a comment my boyfriend made to him telling him his brother is "real classy". His mom blamed ME for all of it, accused me of being manipulative and coming here to use him. I am uncomfortable and miserable. I have to spend money to rent cars here and have to pay for everything for my boyfriend (food, etc) which I don't mnd to some degree, but it's getting a bit difficult... each day is hell due to his parents. His dad told him we don't have to leave, but I think I should... I've never felt so uncomfortable. My bf doesn't want me to leave. What should I do?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Everytime she says SA I think SomethingAwful not South Africa, and it makes the story feel a little less crazy.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Esoteric Scientist posted:

My [14M] brother [20M] is an successful youtube/switch person and he keeps rubbing it in my face about how much money he has

:3:
I choose to believe this is real

well if you played more video games like your brother instead of doing stupid "school" maybe you could be a youtube star

:goonsay:

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeDk6ZeGNnU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah i cant believe this mass murderer was a weirdo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I'm pretty sure everyone is saying he's a huge weirdo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

maskenfreiheit posted:

Boyfriend [26/M] "friendzoned" a girl in his circle and it's making me [25/F] uncomfortable/hot mess.

If my GF puked and pissed my bed then scooted off while I was out buying cleaning supplies I'd stay with her long enough to upper deck her toilet

Two months in, reacts to stressful situation by getting so drunk she pees and vomits in his bed, then doesn't help clean up. Bye, don't do this with your next boyfriend.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Tender Bender posted:

Two months in, reacts to stressful situation by getting so drunk she pees and vomits in his bed, then doesn't help clean up. Bye, don't do this with your next boyfriend.

I love how the story just seamlessly transitions from her being a little jelly into a mostly pieced-together account of getting blackout drunk, incontinent, and encrusted in her own effluence, but the main problem is still that this other human being exists and interacts with her boyfriend sometimes.

Clark Nova fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jun 11, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Esoteric Scientist posted:

:3: I choose to believe this is real

By the time he graduates college, there aren't going to be any entry level jobs with advancement prospects left, so he may as well start asking his brother for tips on maximizing clickthroughs now.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Clark Nova posted:

I love how the story just seamlessly transitions from her being a little jelly into a mostly pieced-together account of getting blackout drunk, incontinent, and encrusted in her own effluence, but the main problem is still that this other human being exists and interacts with her boyfriend sometimes.

i'd bet that some of the "snide" comments involved things like "hey, maybe you should drink some water too" or "uh, that bottle of vodka was for everyone"

I [14M] cut through a graveyard to get home and my grandpa [80M] thinks i'm possessed because of it. Moms made him leave early and I feel bad.Non-Romantic

quote:

I live in Queensland Australia with my mom and older sister. I was born in America, but I moved here when I was 6 months old. I think I was born in Los Angeles. Somewhere in California. My mom did not always live in California. She attended college there, but she came from a really small town somewhere in New Mexico. She met my father who is no longer with the family due to him bailing on us. My grandpa wanted to come and visit us here in Australia for a while.

When I'm walking home from school I typically cut through the graveyard near my home. I get off the bus and if I walk around it, it will take me 30 minutes to get home. When I cut through the graveyard it takes me 12-15 minutes. Call me lazy is you must, but it's a short cut. I walk through the graveyard for 10 minutes, 5 minutes through the wood's like area, until I reach my back fence and hop over it.

My sister can speak Spanish and I can't. My sister is 20 years old and lives at home while she goes to university. My grandpa can only speak Spanish. Friday night my sister, mother and Grandpa were yelling at each other in Spanish. My mom was really angry at my grandpa and she made him leave. I had never seen her that mad before. I asked my sister what they were arguing about, and she told me that grandpa thought I'm possessed because of my graveyard short cut and that's all she's allowed to say from mom.

tl;dr: My mom made my grandpa leave early because he thought I was possessed by a ghost. My sister said she's not allowed to tell me anymore than that while she lives at home rent free. I feel bad.

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Jun 11, 2017

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Mom sets boundaries with religious nutbag grandpa instead of indulging his dumb superstitious nonsense. It's the exact opposite of nearly every other post about dealing with relatives and OP still manages to feel bad about it.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
Confused on who should pay for first date (self.dating)

quote:

So last week I went out with a girl from Tinder to a casual bar/grill type place in Manhattan. The date is going well and there's good conversation throughout it. We each had 4 drinks and split some food. The bill comes and I'm a little tipsy but I remember taking my wallet out and talking to her and she then takes out a card from her purse, so I assume we're splitting the check.

Anyway, we talk more and she keeps talking about how this was fun and how we should get together soon (she even said she might be in my neighborhood tomorrow if I wanted to go out).

A week passes by with no response from her from any of my texts until last night. I said something like, "So I guess that date didn't go as well as I thought."

She replied by saying there were a couple of things that made her think it wouldn't work with the first being that I didn't pay for the whole date.

Please keep in mind that I've gone in dates in the past where I was lectured about feminism and how the girl was capable of paying whenever I offered to pay. Majority of other dates I've been on the girl has always said "Let's split it." (my ex-GF refused to let me pay the whole bill except on her birthday, FYI). Some other dates I've just paid the whole thing.

I told her this and she basically laughed and said BS that I had plenty of time to pay and that she took her card out because I wasn't quick enough.

FWIW, the bill was $120ish and I'm pretty sure she even makes more money than me.

TLDR; We split the bill on the first date and apparently that's not good, even though I've been lectured a few other times about feminism when I've tried to pay on the first date. What do I do so I don't run into this problem again?

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Keep splitting it and use it to weed out the assholes.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

maskenfreiheit posted:

Confused on who should pay for first date (self.dating)

I want to know what the other things the woman mentioned as being clues that they shouldn't have another date. Op says that she mentioned a couple things, not just not paying for the date. Those might have more weight than he thinks

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Usually I just say I forgot my wallet and ask the girl to pay, that has proven to be a major stumbling block in getting second dates

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

maskenfreiheit posted:

i'd bet that some of the "snide" comments involved things like "hey, maybe you should drink some water too" or "uh, that bottle of vodka was for everyone"

I [14M] cut through a graveyard to get home and my grandpa [80M] thinks i'm possessed because of it. Moms made him leave early and I feel bad.Non-Romantic

This is fake as poo poo, there is no way someone living in Australia all their life would spell it 'mom' instead of correctly as 'mum' like we do here.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

maskenfreiheit posted:

is that you Randy Stair?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Its the edits that make this.

Chlamydia from a handjob, jesus christ lady you are 32.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
[22M] need help! No black girls in my area! What to do? (self.dating_advice)

quote:

I'm a 22 year old white male living in a town of just 10 thousand people in the Midwest. My girlfriends have always been white except for my most recent one who was black. We dated 3 years then things went tits up and we broke apart. For some reason I'm super attracted to black women now after being with one (I think because I liked the contrast difference of our skin) but there are no more around here. I've been on MeetMe and other dating sites but there's just no black women.. what are my options?