Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Skex posted:

Guess no one told them that Sam Houston was against Secession? Thus I can't really think of why antifa would want to do anything to his statue
It was a painfully obvious fake account too. Like "hey drug using teens, do you know where I could purchase marijuana?" fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh man McCain is real concerned this time

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/337340-mccain-says-american-leadership-was-better-under-obama-report

so concerned

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Evil Fluffy posted:

She's an eldrich abomination trying to pass itself off as human. Her smile/grin is literally trollface.jpg as well and it's eerie as hell.

I'm convinced she's Coulter's hive queen.

Also, if you want some hilarity - notice that her husband's (George T. Conway III) picture on Google is a court drawing, because the reality is far less flattering. He kind of looks like a slightly more well-kept version of the Mt. Gox guy.

That being said: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/6/5/15740894/kellyanne-conway-husband-trump

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

dude has brain bugs.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Hill: John McCain Made Noise Today

next

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Skex posted:

Guess no one told them that Sam Houston was against Secession? Thus I can't really think of why antifa would want to do anything to his statue

It was a hoax.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Sab0921 posted:

This entire twitter thread is pretty pro-click. Apparently, a bunch of Trump supporters, and alt-right weirdos showed up to counter-protest a fake protest that a different alt-right group set up claiming antifa and BLM were going to try and remove the Sam Houston statute from a park in Houston.

https://twitter.com/evan7257/status/873570946484981760

the great clash of pepe vs. nazi

https://twitter.com/sam_kriss/status/874019528925171712

"What about the memes?!?"
"Get the gently caress out."
"These are good memes."
"THIS IS NOT COMIC CON"

hanales
Nov 3, 2013
http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/337323-dem-we-need-investigate-whether-lynch-gave-cover-to-clinton

Feinstein says the Judiciary Committee should look into Comey/Lynch.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

"These are good memes."
"THIS IS NOT COMIC CON"

What?! You mean the Nazis don't want to be friends with me??

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

"These are good memes."
"THIS IS NOT COMIC CON"

drat those are some pretty good memes

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

People are kind of unfair to McCain. He's a lovely conservative, but short of unilaterally calling for Trump's removal, which he couldn't make happen yet if he wanted to, saying he's a worse leader than Obama is pretty big, even if it's self evidently true to non partisans.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Sinteres posted:

People are kind of unfair to McCain. He's a lovely conservative, but short of unilaterally calling for Trump's removal, which he couldn't make happen yet if he wanted to, saying he's a worse leader than Obama is pretty big, even if it's self evidently true to non partisans.

It's not big unless he actually does something about it.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Am I reading this incorrectly, or is a democrat wanting to bring up investiagting Clinton again.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sinteres posted:

He's all talk. When it comes to voting he bends the knee just like everyone else.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

"These are good memes."
"THIS IS NOT COMIC CON"

At the end when one of the Oath Keepers yelled "Get that Nazi poo poo out of here!" I was like woah :crossarms:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Mustached Demon posted:

He's all talk. When it comes to voting he bends the knee just like everyone else.

He votes for conservative things because he's a lovely conservative, but if impeachment charges somehow made it to the Senate, and a strong case was made, I think McCain would vote for Trump's removal.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm for this out of fairness, but I also don't want it to be a distraction from Russiagate, which seems like a much bigger deal.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

"These are good memes."
"THIS IS NOT COMIC CON"

lol that's a whoooollleeee lotta economic anxiety

wonder what prompted them to turn on the sign dude

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Sinteres posted:

The only way Trump's removal will happen is if people like McCain start calling for it first.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

What?! You mean the Nazis don't want to be friends with me??

Hey remember the Oregon stupid from 2016 Q1/2015Q4? The youngest guy was some crazy nerd obsessed with live streaming the thing and even those terrible fucks didn't want to deal with him.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm for this out of fairness, but I also don't want it to be a distraction from Russiagate, which seems like a much bigger deal.

If Republicans are going to pursue an investigation of the Trump Justice Department, however reluctantly, Democrats need to be willing to make gestures of nonpartisanship. From what Comey said, Loretta Lynch actually was out of line, so it actually should be looked into. I don't think Mueller is suddenly going to decide it excuses anything and everything that Trump has done, so that's fine.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

The only way Trump's removal will happen is if people like McCain start calling for it first.

He knows his party's not there yet. If he shoots off now, it won't mean anything when the time comes to influence people. If Mueller comes back with something, that's when we need a McCain to stand up.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

skylined! posted:

maybe they did it for the lulz

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Evil Fluffy posted:

Trump can't force a congressional committee to do jack poo poo unless he does it at gunpoint.

She's an eldrich abomination trying to pass itself off as human. Her smile/grin is literally trollface.jpg as well and it's eerie as hell.

In her defense, she's considerably better at it than Ted "I have gone to the store of groceries and brought back one hundred cans of your human soup for sustenance" Cruz.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Mustached Demon posted:

He is like number three for voting against the party line. He's still a republican but few republicans break with the party more than he does

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

skylined! posted:

lol that's a whoooollleeee lotta economic anxiety

Seems like they don't like capital N Nazis. Or gadfly nerd Nazis at least.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Sinteres posted:

it's not like this is going to sway trump's base, so no, it's not a big deal. everyone outside mccain's voting base hates mccain.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

skylined! posted:

it's not like this is going to sway trump's base, so no, it's not a big deal. everyone outside mccain's voting base hates mccain.

Even if it doesn't "matter," it's a big concession from someone who was a huge critic of Obama's leadership in the world. Twitter's broken everyone's brains into thinking if something isn't resolved in a 24 hour news cycle it's 100% pointless. Unfortunately it's also made that closer to being true.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

He is like number three for voting against the party line. He's still a republican but few republicans break with the party more than he does

Ok so the leopard didn't maul a few faces. Big whoop.

Still voted for sessions and DeVos.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Sinteres posted:

did you see his meltdown during the comey testimony??

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

WeAreTheRomans posted:

drat those are some pretty good memes

I give them a 5/7 looool

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

did you see his meltdown during the comey testimony??

Yeah. His brain's totally broken, and he's still a partisan for sure. I'm not disputing that. If he gets a chance to take down Trump though, I think he'll take it.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

mcvey posted:

I give them a 5/7 looool

Meh, you give them too much credit. I'd give them 14/88 and that's being generous

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Now look at how many of those votes actually mattered.

"This person crosses the line and votes with the other party often" is meaningless when it's not actually changing the outcome of anything. All it does it give them a false air of bipartisanship and potentially make their reelection campaigns easier (see also: mcmagic's favorite dem senator).

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

"These are good memes."
"THIS IS NOT COMIC CON"

Jesus Christ how do you even get that pathetic? Like, the other people there I can understand, even though I pretty well detest them. But that guy must have been hotboxing his own farts for,the past year or something.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

"mccain understanding when it will be time to go against trump and call for impeachment" and "mccain being of sound mind" are two trains passing in the night. his dementia is setting in faster than trump's.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i still lol at his original defense of his mental break as it going over people's heads.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

skylined! posted:

"mccain understanding when it will be time to go against trump and call for impeachment" and "mccain being of sound mind" are two trains passing in the night. his dementia is setting in faster than trump's.

He's had one very bad public senior moment, but he still seems pretty with it most of the time. I don't think he's 100%, but leaping from one bad moment to imminent vegetable status is probably a bit much.

He obviously shouldn't be planning reelection, but I don't think it's crazy to assume he'll be around through the midterms at least.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Isn't McCain not running for re-election, on account of the fact that he's old and done with this? Of course republicans say that kind of stuff a lot and don't mean it (I'm looking a you lil' marco).

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sinteres posted:

Yeah. His brain's totally broken, and he's still a partisan for sure. I'm not disputing that. If he gets a chance to take down Trump though, I think he'll take it.

Don't put your hopes on a Republican to do justice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Isn't McCain not running for re-election, on account of the fact that he's old and done with this? Of course republicans say that kind of stuff a lot and don't mean it (I'm looking a you lil' marco).

idk but he just won re-election this year and is 80 years old

if he ran again it would be in 2022 and he would be 85-86

• Locked thread