Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

MadBimber posted:

i stopped reading this thread 500 pages ago and just uninstalled the game. did i miss anything good?

Jaal is gay now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Jaal is gay now

Bisexual.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DancingShade posted:

There is no maybe about it. The whole franchise is shelved.

If you think it'll come back in a few years then you don't know EA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullfrog_Productions

Yeah, the financial decision to not invest in Mass Effect is pretty clear at this point for EA. Maybe they'll sell the rights to it in 5 years time, but as things stand Bioware massively hosed this up and if Anthem and DA4 don't come out as a golden geese I expect EA to kill the studio.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

No he's either straight or gay

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I just bought this on super sale and for what it is worth, I am enjoying the beginning of the game more than I did with Inquisition. Maybe my expectations are sufficiently lowered that I might actually enjoy it.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Is there a list of changes since release somewhere?

EDIT: Nevermind, there have only been 3 patches, I thought there would be more.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
When is da 4 due

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

No he's either straight or gay

Technically he's Ryder-sexual, there's no evidence he willingly fucks other people.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

Jastiger posted:

When is da 4 due

Unknown, they won't even really acknowledge that it's in development right now.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Jastiger posted:

When is da 4 due

It'll be released as a DLC content pack for Anthem.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I just bought this on super sale and for what it is worth, I am enjoying the beginning of the game more than I did with Inquisition. Maybe my expectations are sufficiently lowered that I might actually enjoy it.

There's a turning point for a lot of people when they realize the extent of the monotony of its design.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Technically he's Ryder-sexual, there's no evidence he willingly fucks other people.

What about, theoretically, Shepard? :thunk:

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Strategic Tea posted:

What about, theoretically, Shepard? :thunk:

Would a man who is horny for Ryder, also be horny for Shepard??? They are so different... and yet...

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Chill Nazi Frog posted:

Would a man who is horny for Ryder, also be horny for Shepard??? They are so different... and yet...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This Anthem "gameplay" trailer is giving me The Division flashbacks with how rehearsed the "gamer dialogue" is.

Magical Zero
Aug 21, 2008

The colour out of space.
The game itself looks pretty dope though

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Anyone can make a good looking action game trailer these days.

This is Bioware. Show me the story and characters.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Anthem looks like a mix of elements wholesale borrowed from various games (Titanfall, HZD, Destiny, Firefall) with nothing of its own but it's graphically gorgeous so people will eat it up. Bioware is back, all will be forgiven.

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
I like how many AwesomeMcCool names for everything they were able to get out in such a short period

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
This looks as real as Killzone 2's E3 trailer.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Bioware is a studio known for their awesome MMO and open world games.

This is what they should be making.

Incidentally, I'm a monkey that is pleased by anything that is shiny.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
Ahahaha, somebody at EA literally saw Destiny and Division and told Bioware, "Hey make that!"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Bioware is a studio known for their awesome MMO and open world games.

This is what they should be making.

Incidentally, I'm a monkey that is pleased by anything that is shiny.

It's so blatantly riding the Destiny train that there's no way it doesn't fail to live up to their sales expectations. That's not exactly a genre that requires multiple games to get your fix.
Even if it's technically competent it's still directly competing with the sequel of the game that started the craze. Not a good place to be.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
DESTINY 2: TITANFALL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5GSfs9fi4

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Anthem seems right up my alley, but it's going to have less content than Destiny did at launch.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Whoo boy this is still one buggy game. Haven't hit any truly broken parts but I've had to shoot a lot of enemies out of midair as they jogged in place ten feet off the ground.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Well, Anthem looks cool. If it plays anywhere close to what that stage demo looked like, it will blow Destiny out of the water for me.

If nothing else, it really seems like they nailed the power armor niche, which seems pretty unique. Can't really think of another game that has done that aside from like... Vanquish. Most just go the Halo route of "actually just a dude, but slightly more durable to bullets."

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
Anthem does look cool but I play BioWare games for the talking to NPCs and there wasn't much of that in this!

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006

Generic American posted:

Well, Anthem looks cool. If it plays anywhere close to what that stage demo looked like, it will blow Destiny out of the water for me.

If nothing else, it really seems like they nailed the power armor niche, which seems pretty unique. Can't really think of another game that has done that aside from like... Vanquish. Most just go the Halo route of "actually just a dude, but slightly more durable to bullets."

Cough Titanfall cough.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

When I think of the Bob Dylan of videogames, one that will be discussed for decades to come, I too think of a game whose every element is ripped from other, more popular games.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

That game will sell but there's nothing unique or niche about any of it.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

that loving voice chat

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Here's a thought for you: how well do you think a free range of flight is gonna mesh with MMO gameplay? I can answer that: awfully. Cause the enemies are either gonna be easy to outwit with the movement or they will have pinpoint accuracy and will be able to shoot you down with ease.

Like the trailer shows them running from a giant lizard enemy. What's he gonna be able to actually do? If he's stuck in melee then you just fly around him. More likely that in the actual game he will just use some bullshit ranged attack to blow you up instantly. Stuff like that happened all the time in Xenoblade X, a game I see as being very similar to this.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Wish I liked these sort of games. On paper I should, dense worlds with shooting and looting, but something doesn't click. I think it's because it's hard to get immersed in a shared experience. It never feels like a personal journey, and the necessarily shallow mass generated quests reflect that. When I'm playing Mass Effect I'm in that world. In Destiny, similarly to MMOs, I'm a step further removed from my avatar.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

lalaland posted:

that loving voice chat

it's the exact same poo poo that they had in the original Destiny trailer years ago

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Megazver posted:

Cough Titanfall cough.

Mech =/= power armor. Titanfall is absolutely fantastic, but a walking tank is pretty different from being Iron Man. :colbert:

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Doesn't look bad, but doesn't look like anything particularly original, either.

Not seeing anything to hook me on story or characters, which is traditionally where Bioware shined.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Palpek posted:

That game will sell but there's nothing unique or niche about any of it.

I'm sure you'll get to gently caress your cyber wife inside the armor suit. Or the suit will have an AI of your preferred orientation and the suit will ram you on autopilot.

I don't see any other major pub/dev really entering Bioware's niche this year.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Those certainly are some pretty corridors to cram that bland generic game play into.

I'm sure they won't lose any graphical fidelity on the road to launch :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.

Zachack posted:

I'm sure you'll get to gently caress your cyber wife inside the armor suit. Or the suit will have an AI of your preferred orientation and the suit will ram you on autopilot.

I don't see any other major pub/dev really entering Bioware's niche this year.

You and your partner can just crawl into the same suit and have sex like you would in a car.

When this Javelins a rockin' don't come a knockin'.