Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ramos posted:

That's why we have AUs my dear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

End of Shoelace
Apr 5, 2016
undertale fanart exists for people who do not like undertale

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

ΕΥΦΡΟΣΥΝΟΣ

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

ΕΥΦΡΟΣΥΝΟΣ

translates to "jubilant?" idgi

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Captain Fargle posted:

It got accidentally sorted into Netflix's LGBT category for a while and turned into a meme.

That happens sometimes

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Teen Titans don't have a space base where the gently caress are they

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Also, Saurian just released its first demo, so I'll throw this in too:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

has anyone ever told you that you appear to be wracked with a perverse sentimentality

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Did dark souls have any kind of wall traps? I remember King's Field had them out the rear end. The first king's field's illusory walls were just "here is a wall texture but you can walk through it" and it didn't have any wall traps, but the second and third games made it so that you had to examine walls like you would in shooter games in order to move the wall away or open a secret panel for some goodies. King's field 2 and 3 also had wall traps where you'd examine a wall and spears would immediately shoot out at you, most likely killing you unless you've leveled up a bunch. It is a means of preventing the player from just mashing search around walls since there is a potential chance of, instead of finding a fake wall leading to treasure, discovering spears in your face.

King's field also didn't have mimic chests, but it did have something that I wish would come back in the souls games that is similar to the mimic chests. It had skeleton chests. You'd open up a treasure chest and immediately a skeleton would pop out and you'd have to fight it. If you were good at the game or leveled up a bit, you could survive the encounter, but it was still neat the few times it happened since you'd open up a chest and bam a skeleton just rises up out of it like "hey sup" and probably murders you.

King's field also had lots of floor traps which I'm relatively certain did show up in souls games, with some floor traps leading to secrets if you were a high enough level to survive the fall.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

King's field also didn't have mimic chests, but it did have something that I wish would come back in the souls games that is similar to the mimic chests. It had skeleton chests. You'd open up a treasure chest and immediately a skeleton would pop out and you'd have to fight it. If you were good at the game or leveled up a bit, you could survive the encounter, but it was still neat the few times it happened since you'd open up a chest and bam a skeleton just rises up out of it like "hey sup" and probably murders you.

thank you for reminding me of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv2b_r_La94

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lol that's the one KF game I haven't played. Motherfucker goddamned laughs at you.

Though I haven't played it I bet that chest is hidden somewhere towards the start of the game. The first three KF games had a little tradition of hiding a shield in a chest in a secret room, except there would be a skeleton wandering around in there you'd have to dodge around, and then for KF3 they made it so the secret room was surrounded by those traps I mentioned so you'd get killed looking for it and even then, there was a better chest behind the shield chest in KF3 if I recall correctly.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This was also something from Tomb of Horrors.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Evilreaver posted:

has anyone ever told you that you appear to be wracked with a perverse sentimentality
nope. There haven't been multiple page-long derails of people trying to psychoanalyze me for posting fanart in this thread :thunk:

remove the L at the end of the filename for huge

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.

FirstAidKite posted:

Did dark souls have any kind of wall traps? I remember King's Field had them out the rear end. The first king's field's illusory walls were just "here is a wall texture but you can walk through it" and it didn't have any wall traps, but the second and third games made it so that you had to examine walls like you would in shooter games in order to move the wall away or open a secret panel for some goodies. King's field 2 and 3 also had wall traps where you'd examine a wall and spears would immediately shoot out at you, most likely killing you unless you've leveled up a bunch. It is a means of preventing the player from just mashing search around walls since there is a potential chance of, instead of finding a fake wall leading to treasure, discovering spears in your face.

King's field also had lots of floor traps which I'm relatively certain did show up in souls games, with some floor traps leading to secrets if you were a high enough level to survive the fall.

The DS series doesn't have any hidden wall traps. There are switches that are "bad" to use in DSII and DSIII, but those are heavily warned against with fake messages on the ground. That's probably like the only thing that's directly interactable on/near a wall that is detrimental.

Pressure plates on the ground have been a thing since Demon's Souls in the storm castle or whatever it is. Then that got super carried away in Sen's Fortress and basically became a series staple. Depending on how you define floor taps, DS has had pits that had survivable falls and featured hidden stuff in them. Most trapdoors seem to also have survivable falls, but they usually lead into terrible gank rooms instead of (or as well as) treasure.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bluhman posted:

The DS series doesn't have any hidden wall traps. There are switches that are "bad" to use in DSII and DSIII, but those are heavily warned against with fake messages on the ground. That's probably like the only thing that's directly interactable on/near a wall that is detrimental.

What kind of switches are detrimental? Like, is it stuff where pulling a switch causes arrows to fire at you, or something else like that?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

What kind of switches are detrimental? Like, is it stuff where pulling a switch causes arrows to fire at you, or something else like that?

I don't remember the DaS3 ones, but in DaS2 the big bad switch is the one that released Navlaan.

From then on he's a prick that invades you in specific areas.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Yup, the caged sorcerer who sends you on missions to kill other NPCs.

The switch I'm thinking of in DS3 is the one that summons Nameless king. Which is less a directly detrimental effect and more a way to get a really hard boss fight. It might shut off certain areas of the keep until you beat him?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I thought Navlaan was the guy who wheel and deal.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

I thought Navlaan was the guy who wheel and deal.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

http://marcosclopezblog.tumblr.com/
The face of marios best friend toad with the tender thighs of a man

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

rumble in the bunghole posted:

Sorry Russ, but Nintendo doesn't bother with SA.

Please tell Griffin that I can't wait for his next nuzlock run!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Teen Titans don't have a space base where the gently caress are they

Obviously they're visiting the Justice League at the Watchtower.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

rumble in the bunghole posted:

hey, that is a good toad

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I didn't knew twitter could do this(click on the picture)

https://twitter.com/coroha12/status/873861095638814720

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Didn't Nioh have something like this?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Didn't Nioh have something like this?

Not really. It had emote walls where you used gestures at them and if you did the right one it would open, but if you did the wrong ones it would try and kill you.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
If you hit it though it would immediately aggro on you.

The Dreamer
Oct 15, 2013

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Yeah there's a wall demon that I think usually has treasure behind it that will fight you if you attack it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Kwyndig posted:

Not really. It had emote walls where you used gestures at them and if you did the right one it would open, but if you did the wrong ones it would try and kill you.

See I didn't know this and just attacked it.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z0klMZ7r8M

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Why did you link the 5th part?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Who What Now posted:

Why did you link the 5th part?

Because it just came out, and I linked the first four parts earlier in the thread when they came out.
Here, have the other parts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D4jr-0_COg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhqpYcFkeCE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOtSVTvH8bM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXXE_2mGiuc

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 00:14 on Jun 12, 2017

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I think this counts as fanart, this guy makes foods based on stuff in TV shows, movies, and cartoons. Usually he'll follow the stated recipe as closely as he can but if that turns out bad then he'll improvise.

Seinfeld Special, including one of the Soup Nazi's recipes

Archer's Egg Woodhouse

Jake from Adventure Time's Perfect Sandwich

Szechuan Sauce from Rick and Morty

Some disgusting foods from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Homer Simpson's Patented Space Age Out-Of-This-World Moon Waffles

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER

Nanomashoes posted:

Rando and Buddy

This slipped by unnoticed but my god are those some interesting proportions on Rando. I especially like his iddy biddy waist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread