Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The Dan Bell where he films a K Marts liquidation sale over three months is pretty cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

So I ended up doing a bunch of rewrites to that script I sent out a while back, and it's a little bit shorter, and has so much less exposition and a retweaked final act if anyone wants to read it.

Email me celticpredator@ymail.com.

Also you have my permission to rip and tear into it in this thread!

Be mean if you want I guess!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CelticPredator posted:

Be mean if you want I guess!

You're fat.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
A k Mart on its last day is absolutely the most depressingly American thing

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

You're fat.

I'm bigly boned

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/wyatt_privilege/status/873957293502726144

:O

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I'm just left confused what this protest was even about. Hearing "Get that Nazi bastard out of here!" Is pretty heart-warming though.

Also, I love that one of the militia(?) dudes is in a utilikilt.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

I'm just left confused what this protest was even about. Hearing "Get that Nazi bastard out of here!" Is pretty heart-warming though.

Also, I love that one of the militia(?) dudes is in a utilikilt.

I think they were protesting against the removal of a confederate general statue. So this loving idiot managed to disgust people on the same "side" as him.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I think they were protesting against the removal of a confederate general statue. So this loving idiot managed to disgust people on the same "side" as him.
I looked into it and it was a statue of Sam Houston? Sam Houston wasn't a Confederate general and was against secession. There's absolutely zero risk of Houston removing a Sam Houston statue.

What the gently caress was the point of this protest.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Is it unfair to assume that men who bring their rifles to a protest suffer from micropenis?

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Safety Factor posted:

Bored angry white people need something to pretend they might shoot people about.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This was apparently people getting had by a fake protest so they counter-protested nothing.

:lol:

I can't stress enough that a statue of Sam Houston is under zero risk of being removed. It's sad people fell for that.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Safety Factor posted:

I looked into it and it was a statue of Sam Houston? Sam Houston wasn't a Confederate general and was against secession. There's absolutely zero risk of Houston removing a Sam Houston statue.

Seriously? What the gently caress?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Safety Factor posted:

It was a bunch of Houston liberals trying to make the right look like asshats, and succeeding with flying colors.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Movie pitch: a Die Hard remake written and directed by Jeremy Saulnier and starring Paul Rudd.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Wheres the sequel to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tenzarin posted:

Wheres the sequel to the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

Wasn't that Penny Dreadful?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Safety Factor posted:

Well he'd already won a war to secede from Mexico so Texans could own slaves legally, he just thought the Confederacy was gonna lose. He was a piece of poo poo

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

Conservatives would love Shariah Law if it was under the christian god

Love it? At least half of them probably masturbate when they think about it.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Yea, totally looking forward to getting decapitated for what I post online. Can you get in trouble if you learn the written islam language and pose as some guy other there in islam online on facebook insulting their culture?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

DeimosRising posted:

Well he'd already won a war to secede from Mexico so Texans could own slaves legally, he just thought the Confederacy was gonna lose. He was a piece of poo poo
Yep. Turns out most of the major figures in history are pieces of poo poo. American/Texan history is no exception.

I wasn't trying to say otherwise, I'm well aware Sam Houston owned slaves and the motivations behind the Texas Revolution. I just find the idea of a Houston statue in Houston getting torn down laughable. Texans look upon him as their own little George Washington.

Tenzarin posted:

Yea, totally looking forward to getting decapitated for what I post online. Can you get in trouble if you learn the written islam language and pose as some guy other there in islam online on facebook insulting their culture?
"The written Islam language" :wtc:

Safety Factor fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Jun 12, 2017

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

:psyduck: whats the character limit on usernames I wanna be written Islam language

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Safety Factor posted:

"The written Islam language" :wtc:

gently caress if I know what they call their language.

Safety Factor posted:

Yep. Turns out most of the major figures in history are pieces of poo poo. American/Texan history is no exception.

Look the Texans just wanted some slaves and Mexico just had to make it an issue. Like no one in Texas thinks of Sam Houston as George Washington. There's a way better statue of Sam Houston on the highway anyway.

Hes got a cane and everything, just chilling on the highway.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 12, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tenzarin posted:

Given that there's Muslims on every continent on the planet they use more than one language.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/AttitudeMag/status/873842253130735616

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
@sounds biphobic but okay
@sounds like toxic masculinity but ok

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Daughters of the Dust is streaming on Netflix - I haven't seen it since I saw a faded VHS transfer in college, so this'll be a GOOD NIGHT

Hot

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
My wife and I watched High Noon this weekend and had a mini-debate about it.

My contention was that High Noon as a text does not realize that Marshal Kane is as toxically masculine as his fellow townies are cowardly. I felt like the film believed Kane was The Last Good Man and that we were meant to believe he was doing the right thing, but that, here in 2017, we can recognize Kane as being an ego-driven patriarch who would rather rope innocent people into a manly man shootout than leave town like everyone asked him too.

My wife believes that the film does understand Kane to be "wrong" or as wrong as everyone else. She thinks even in 1952, the filmmakers knew that Kane was perpetuating toxic masculinity and that I don't give old films enough credit for nuance.

Obvious arguing about "what a movie thinks" is a little abstract, but I wanted to get some expert opinions on it, and since everyone but Lloyd Bridges is probably dead, I'm relying on you.

edit: Timby has broken the news to me regarding my last sentence.

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 12, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tenzarin posted:

Ignorance is a cool and good thing. The language you're looking for is Arabic, but this pretty much sums up the real situation:

Skwirl posted:

Given that there's Muslims on every continent on the planet they use more than one language.

Tenzarin posted:

Look the Texans just wanted some slaves and Mexico just had to make it an issue. Like no one in Texas thinks of Sam Houston as George Washington. There's a way better statue of Sam Houston on the highway anyway.

Hes got a cane and everything, just chilling on the highway.
I grew up in Texas. I am more or less a Texan. We absolutely treat Sam Houston with a ton of reverence and, yes, as our own little Washington. Houston was the original capital and was named after the guy for gently caress's sake.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

mary had a little clam posted:

Obvious arguing about "what a movie thinks" is a little abstract, but I wanted to get some expert opinions on it, and since everyone but Lloyd Bridges is probably dead

I, uh, have some bad news to tell you.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

Timby posted:

I, uh, have some bad news to tell you.

hah holy poo poo in 1998?

Why was I not informed?!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Ignorance is a cool and good thing. The language you're looking for is Arabic, but this pretty much sums up the real situation:

I'm just annoyed no one bit on the "every single continent" thing with a witty retort about Antarctica, since I bothered to make sure Pakistan operates several scientific research stations there.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Real quick you guys, should I rewatch:
-The Raid
-The Purge: Anarchy/Election Year
-London Has Fallen

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Coffee And Pie posted:

Real quick you guys, should I rewatch:
-The Raid
-The Purge: Anarchy/Election Year
-London Has Fallen

The Raid, without a doubt. I think the Purge movies are horribly overrated by genre fans and London Has Fallen is a complete mess.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Timby posted:

The Raid, without a doubt. I think the Purge movies are horribly overrated by genre fans and London Has Fallen is a complete mess.

Winner! Plus that's the only one I own already.

London Has Fallen has like a neat scene iirc? White House Down should've gotten the sequel.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Skwirl posted:

I'm just annoyed no one bit on the "every single continent" thing with a witty retort about Antarctica, since I bothered to make sure Pakistan operates several scientific research stations there.
Nah, man, you did your research and covered your bases. That's always a good thing.

Maybe if you'd waited just a little longer someone might've taken the bait and you could've snarkily linked them a wikipedia article or something. :shobon:

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
YTotD is Ju-on: The Curse, the V-cinema prelude to Ju-on: The Grudge and eventually just The Grudge, all done by the same director https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KX0iuOOCiI

It's actually just the first forty minutes only, hardcoded with bad english subtitles, but there's a full length, spanish hardcoded subtitles version for the rest of it. I am happy to report that, much like Gakko no Kaidan G, it's compelling regardless, and very captivatingly shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caAbOaBjpcU

Double feature suggestions: Funny Games '97, Cat People '42, and The Evil Dead

K. Waste fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 12, 2017

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Aw that's cute.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

K. Waste posted:

YTotD is Ju-on: The Curse, the V-cinema prelude to Ju-on: The Grudge and eventually just The Grudge, all done by the same director https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KX0iuOOCiI

It's actually just the first forty minutes only, hardcoded with bad english subtitles, but there's a full length, spanish hardcoded subtitles version for the rest of it. I am happy to report that, much like Gakko no Kaidan G, it's compelling regardless, and very captivatingly shot https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caAbOaBjpcU

Double feature suggestions: Funny Games '97, Cat People '42.

Im pretty sure this was on Shudder at least very recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/RobbieGramer/status/874018587090063363

• Locked thread