Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

though to be clear i would have said yes so long as you made it clear you had oranges for both weapons regardless of their modifiers.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
One of the best pubbies I ever played with was a level 12 dwarf with a blue one-handed hammer and a green grudge raker, and this was before the patch that buffed the grudge raker. If you believe in yourself you can kill rat no matter what.

ReebTop
May 17, 2003
So I cannot find any games at all. I assume I need to get the DLC or something? I've never played before but it looks great and it'd suck if this was just wasted cash.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Use the lobby finder, plus there's usually games at night on discord. I can usually find games at most times and basically certainly at nights/weekends

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

ReebTop posted:

So I cannot find any games at all. I assume I need to get the DLC or something? I've never played before but it looks great and it'd suck if this was just wasted cash.

If you are using the automatic finder you might want the change the range options to world. Depending on where you are there might simply not be any games in the area.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Hey when i made that handgun hate post it was before they increased the number of SV and made specials spawn in pairs every 10m. The handgun is crap at dealing with hordes compared to literally every other dwarf ranged weapon but when you need a special dead the instant it spawns theres no better weapon. Its annoying that almost every class has a ranged weapon that can silence specials but no one seems to use them right.

Red handgun paired with a KB(n) mining pick is likely the best dwarven weapon combo ever. Now that i have floating damage numbers turned on its amazing to watch KB proc constantly. The fact that a mining pick can also stagger SV works amazingly well with RGn+KBn because you just keep staggering them until KB poofs them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Arghy posted:

Hey when i made that handgun hate post it was before they increased the number of SV and made specials spawn in pairs every 10m. The handgun is crap at dealing with hordes compared to literally every other dwarf ranged weapon but when you need a special dead the instant it spawns theres no better weapon. Its annoying that almost every class has a ranged weapon that can silence specials but no one seems to use them right.

No, you wrote that post well after 1.5 which was when stormvermin multiplied, and even if it was before 1.5 it would still be a terrible opinion because ever since release the handgun has been the best weapon in at doing the most important job of ranged weapons. Before 1.5 it could also shoot at about 2.5x the rate which was borderline overpowered.

This isn't L4D where your ranged weapon can be considered a primary no matter what it is. Killing hordes is something both melee and ranged weapons can do. Killing specials at any distance is something only ranged weapons can do. How good a ranged weapon is for chump rats should only be considered after the team has special killing covered. The handgun is still one of the only ranged weapons I feel comfortable using on cataclysm no matter the team.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

handgun...handgood?

food for thouhgt

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Handgun only does one thing.

The thing the Handgun does is incredibly important and useful, so this is fine.

I prefer the Repeater Handgun now, but the Handgun is a 'never go wrong' choice.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

The handgun has always felt pretty awesome and that's all I ask of my weapons really, aiming in to snipe a gutter runner mid-jump or just blasting through multiple stormvermin faces has always felt badass.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
nothin' quite like handgun vs crossbow races to instamurder the most stormvermin and specials

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
handgod

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Putting a crossbow bolt through 6 rats at once is also acceptable and hilarious as hell.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I loving love the crossbow.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Verminnews:

Game's just under $10 in the sale which is a real good price for this real good game that you should play with real bad goons.

There's a spring inn right now with flower wreath hats if you missed the ones from last year, so be sure to log in. They seem to be identical to the ones from last year except some tiny details are blue instead of red, sienna's one is gold instead of iron, and the descriptions are different.

We've mostly just been using the goonintide discord as the thread, so you should check that out if you haven't been using it.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
This has been my worst performance in Cataclysm ever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8jUNm-BQqw

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Bots with grims seem to have a death wish, twice tonight the bots tried to wipe us by deciding to run into a horde of rats instead of fighting. On horn we were at the window then the elf runs all the way to the other side and grabs a loving tome in the middle of a fight then kruber decides he wants a bomb a few seconds later then runs off into the horde.

South
Apr 9, 2001

I am the highest paid lifeguard in the world. Love me.
Just picked this up in the steam sale. Whats the Discord we are using?

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

South posted:

Just picked this up in the steam sale. Whats the Discord we are using?

You can use this one if you like

https://discord.gg/t4EvJVx

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
So would anyone like to play with a level 1 stupid newbie tonight around 9/10 EST? I got this game, my rig died and I finally finished my new one

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Waroduce posted:

So would anyone like to play with a level 1 stupid newbie tonight around 9/10 EST? I got this game, my rig died and I finally finished my new one

Join the discord channel linked a post up from yours :)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Balance: Traits
Berserking - Damage taken reduced for duration of the effect by 50%
Channeling Rune - Increases vent speed
Earthing Rune (Charged Attack) - Increased vent amount slightly
Earthing Rune (Normal Attack) - Increased vent amount slightly
Endurance - Restores all stamina when effect triggers
Haste - Ammunition is not consumed for a short duration after the effect triggers
Hawk Eye - Adds 2 to your current headshot multiplier (eg: 3x becomes 5x) as well as increased zoom distance
Improved Guard - Blocks cost half stamina
Improved Pommel - Pushes costs half stamina
Off Balance - Increase debuff duration from 2 to 4 seconds
Perfect Balance - Reduces stamina regeneration start delay
Regrowth(Normal Attack), proc chance 3-10%: No changes
Regrowth(Normal Attack), proc chance 1-5%: Changed healing value from 5 to 10
Regrowth(Charged Attack), proc chance 3-10%: Changed healing value from 5 to 10
Regrowth(Charged Attack), proc chance 1-3%: Changed healing value from 5 to 10, in addition shield heavy attacks proc regrowth on all targets hit
Rupture - Penetration increased to two targets, up from one
Scavenger - Restore 10% of ammo based on amount available to the weapon. Ranged attack Scavenger attacks now properly apply on kills and not hits
Second Wind - 30.0 - 50.0% chance to instantly replenish all stamina if the player's block is broken as well as now reducing stun duration when block is broken
Skirmisher - In addition to 50.0% increased movement speed while aiming with this weapon, spread no longer increases while moving
Swift Slaying (Charged Attack) - Increase move speed for duration in addition to the original benefits
Swift Slaying (Normal Attack) - Increase move speed for duration in addition to the original benefits
Targeteer - Decrease of weapon spread up to 50% (from 40%)
Balance: Trinkets
Spine Rune Fetish - Reduce ALL damage taken when hooked by the Packmaster from 60 to 80%
Assassin's Skull - Increased damage reduction from 60% to 80% reduction from Gutter Runners
Badge of Warding - Increased damage reduction from 60% to 80% reduction from Ratling Gunners
Pouch of Relaxing Herbs - Increased damage reduction from 60% to 80% reduction from Poison Wind Globadier clouds

Silver Dove of Shallya - When using Medical Supplies to heal an ally, you heal 40/60/80% of your missing health. Up from 10/15/20%
Sturdy Emblem of Shallya - When using Medical Supplies, you will now automatically block incoming attacks in addition to being uninterruptible. Whew!
Master Engineer's Tools - When throwing a grenade there is now a 20/30/40% chance that it won't be consumed (up from 10/15/25%)
Gunnery School Guide, Expert - While equipped, the effective radius of all grenades you throw is increased by 60% still, but now additionally causes no friendly fire

Bale Taurus Head Ornament - While equipped, your health is increased by 25/50/75% while knocked down, up from 20/30/40%
Arcane Lustrian Flask - While equipped, your attacks have a 4/8/12% chance to apply a deadly poison, up from 2/4/6%
Seal of the Swift Strider - While equipped, your movement speed is increased from 2/4/6% to 4/8/12%, and now in addition allows for infinite dodges…!

Looks like there's some new ratfighting to be done.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
that's some power creep

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Holy smokes.

There might actually be a reason to pick other trinkets now?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

that's some power creep

I'm starting to suspect Fatshark just hates rats.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Movespeed trinket... good?

Also, they added nightmare/cata achievements for completing the vanilla maps with some special condition, like never dropping a sack on Wheat and Chaff or taking out both warehouses at once on Waterfront

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

The move speed trinket lied about how much it helped before today so it's possible it's still lying. Infinite dodge is a nice bonus regardless though

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

gunnery school guide removing friendly fire on bombs :captainpop:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is the kind of balance patch i like to see. actually makes a lot of trinkets worth more of a poo poo? nice.

and those trait changes...

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Seems like they took a lot of our suggestions to heart, i.e Hawk Eye.

Every red Weapon has new traits now...Kruber's Red Mace can have Swift Slaying (N), Bloodlust, Killing Blow (N). Unless the mod works I'm not relishing the idea of putting together any videos however. Also, changing the red traits seems to be free. Bardin's 1h-hammer is Dev Blow, Regrowth (N), and KB(N) on the swap.

Oh my god, the Red Rapier can have Killing Blow, Swift Slaying (N), and Devastating Blow..

Saltzpyre's Red Axe can have Berserking in place of Swift Slaying (C).........

The Red Brace of Pistols, which sucked rear end originally, now can have haste, Rupture, and Skull racker. Rupture having an additional penetration and Haste being faster and freezing your ammo now. oh lordy lord.

:eyepop: Bardin finally gets Channeling Rune, for the swap on his red Drakefire Pistols. Bloodlust, Distraction, and Channeling Rune. Lol @ Distraction, kills the swap anyway.

Kruber Sword and Shield can have Swift Slaying, Regrowth on Normal Attacks, and Improved Guard (30% chance to not cost stamina on Block, half block stamina)

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 10, 2017

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

I like how Payday Secret is being paid homage by Vermintide Secret. This stupid Wizard's Tower sequence of events that must be performed to even find the 'Trial of the Foolhardy.' I genuinely hope there's nothing actually there, maybe just a party whistle and some dunce caps.

1. Pull lever in Illusion room
2. Someone has to stay behind at the 2nd Tome, a door opens with a Drachenfels Statue. Has to be dropped somewhere, but apparently it requires 2.
3. Can push the stone block before dropping down after the illusion room.
4. ????

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Jul 10, 2017

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Weird stuff like that is very much my jam, can't wait to have some new things to play with while bashing rats again.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Yardbomb posted:

Weird stuff like that is very much my jam, can't wait to have some new things to play with while bashing rats again.

the conversation we had on steam about it amused me:

Lunethex: This stupid wizard's tower secret.
Lunethex: It's Payday Secret.
Lunethex: But Vermintide Secret.
Coolguy: hahahahahah
Lunethex: You pull a lever. Someone has to stay far back at the 2nd tome. A door opens. Get a statue.
Lunethex: Can throw it somehwere. Don't know yet. But there's 2 you need.
Lunethex: Can push a stone block.
Lunethex: What the gently caress does it do, nobody knows yet.
Lunethex: Sadly this isn't something you just out of bounds your way through.
Lunethex: They actually coded this properly.
Lunethex: Or rather, they just did it on this map because it was set up like this to begin with.
Coolguy: so many stupid bugs in so many stupid places
Coolguy: but THIS
Coolguy: THIS they spent TIME on, damnit.
Lunethex: Are we talking about Vermintide or Payday 2
Coolguy: yes.
Lunethex: :same:

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

if Payday Secret was called Overdrill, then what do we call Vermintide Secret?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

rat

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lunethex posted:

if Payday Secret was called Overdrill, then what do we call Vermintide Secret?

Overdodge.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
You have to split into two groups to do it? I'd say call it Where'd They Go They Were Right Here Just A Minute Ago, or alternatively Ingrates Let's See How They Do Without My Bow

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
gently caress

Someone hold my drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Swift slaying makes you run as fast as a speed potion

Skirmisher makes your handgun as accurate while moving as a targeteer brace

Scavenger gives you back 10% of max ammo every time it triggers

Red weapons have absurdly good sets now

You can throw 160% radius bombs that don't do FF and have a 40% chance to come back

Everything plays a cool sound when it triggers

• Locked thread