Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Space Skaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I also vote space skaven.

They should be like Ferengi but rats.

Alternatively:

goose willis posted:

Silicon-based life is actually not a bad idea and would be one of the few sci-fi species tropes that doesn't currently exist in the 40k universe

Eh that's basically Necrons. I know they're made of ghost-metal or whatever but comeon, they're Terminators.

Caros
May 14, 2008

I wouldn't mind seeing a very alien race of humans.

40k has all of these pockets of humanity spread out and forgotten, it'd be nifty to see a human culture and tech line that diverged from the imperial line ten thousand years previously that has somehow been revealed due to the current events.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Here is a World Eater for your images.

Shadin
Jun 28, 2009

Caros posted:

40k has all of these pockets of humanity spread out and forgotten, it'd be nifty to see a human culture and tech line that diverged from the imperial line ten thousand years previously that has somehow been revealed due to the current events.

This would be a really cool and interesting type of species to add.

That being said, my heart desires Space Skaven.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

I dug this guy out for you, enjoy! I remembered where the head's from, it's an old Heresy minis Big Boris spare.

God I loving love this head.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Shut up, nerds! Watch this!
https://youtu.be/6z0klMZ7r8M

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just looking over the designs it seems like Skorchas might be terrifyingly effective this edition. Decent toughness, fast, and cheap at 49 points each. Plus they can be taken in small units and not affect deployment.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ok, here's what I'm thinking for the two marine/chaos marine subfaction images. If you've got Iron Warriors, Emperor's Children, or World Eaters, POST THAT poo poo

Also post if you have Iron Hands, Salamanders, Space Wolves, or Ultramarines. Or also blood angels, cause I need a single mans photo there

I know you've already used my tau (thanks!) so no hard feelings if you don't want to use any of these, but a few Blood Angel options since I still have my lights up and just finished this squad.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Caros posted:

Are the Interex still around or were they wiped out in the crusade? I always figured if they had been around back in 2000 they'd be the Tau instead of the blue dudes.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Master Twig posted:

Come on space skaven!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Space Skaven.

Zaphod42 posted:

I also vote space skaven.

They should be like Ferengi but rats.

Alternatively:

Eh that's basically Necrons. I know they're made of ghost-metal or whatever but comeon, they're Terminators.

These guys know what's up. :respek:

But also gently caress you if this happens. I have about 1500 points of Tau, working on an Emperor's Children/Slaanesh army and space Skaven would break me.

Not to mention holding out hope for a sisters army.

:negative: :homebrew:

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Booley posted:

I know you've already used my tau (thanks!) so no hard feelings if you don't want to use any of these, but a few Blood Angel options since I still have my lights up and just finished this squad.

That'll do nicely!

Here's where I'm at on Marines. Lot more work to be done here, plus I still need "Space Marines" and "Space Wolves" banner images, so :siren:POST PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS:siren:

GreenMarine posted:

Here is a World Eater for your images.

This is perfect!

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Are the Interex still around or were they wiped out in the crusade? I always figured if they had been around back in 2000 they'd be the Tau instead of the blue dudes.

They got put to death because Erebus stole a weapon from them and torched their Smithsonian.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Had a rematch with the tyranid player, 2k points.

I had a jump pack captain, terminator librarian, 2 tac squads, guard infantry squad, vanguard squad, assault squad in a razorback, contemptor, cataphractii, 2 guard special weapon squads in a chimera, guard mortar squad, predator, leman russ.

He had a flyrant, 2 broodlords, trygon prime, 2 units of 20 genestealers, 2 units of 30 hormagaunts, 3 or 4 units of 11 termagants, 3 carnifexes.

On the left flank was my chimera, center-left was a tac squad, librarian, mortars, and contemptor. Center was guard squad in a ruin on an objective, leman russ, tactical squad. Right flank had my predator, razorback, vanguard, and captain.

He won the roll to seize, so I got one turn of firing off. The hormagaunts and termagants essentially formed a wall across the entire board, with 1 unit in the back to prevent deep striking. Tyrant on the left flank, 2 carnifexes in the middle and the third on the right, one unit of genestealers in the center-left behind hormagaunts the other deep striking with the trygon prime.

My chimera immediately disembarked a special weapon squad with 3 flamers, which killed about 10 hormagaunts.. My various marines and heavy bolters and poo poo thinned out the gaunts some, but there was around 140 of them so I didn't put much of a dent in that. Heavy weapons largely missed or failed to wound his big stuff on 3+, did manage to drop one carnifex to 1 wound with the multimelta. Vanguard stayed back as a counter striking force, terminators were deep striking.

Turn 2 most of his poo poo charges. His flyrant wipes my mortars out with shooting and smite. Because of me not realizing how bad their pile ins and consolidations were, virtually every model in my army was engaged by hormagaunts. The chimera couldn't disembark the other guardsmen inside of it because of hormagaunts consolidating into it. His tyrant goes down to the left flank and drops my chimera to 1 wound, gants and gaunts are swarming everywhere killing my tactical marines. My captain and vanguard are held in reserve on a flank to try and attack the broodlord, but he brings the trygon and genestealers down onto that flank. Trygon drops my predator to 2 wounds. Most of his termagants are dead because he charges them in first to take overwatch fire (They jammed up my predator so it couldn't shoot the trygon, and another unit jammed up my contemptor) but there's still 40+ hormagaunts and genestealers behind them. The tactical squad on the left gets destroyed by genestealers but my librarian beats down on them a bit in melee when they consolidate into him. The way pile in and consolidation works is he's able to put them basically wherever he wants as long as they end up 0.000001in closer to the nearest enemy model. His broodlords just hang back casting smite and catalyst.

Bottom of 2, my few unengaged models are shooting at genestealers a bit and killing a handful. Can't get anything to hit the wounded carnifex. My captain and vanguard try to counter charge the deep strikers but the vanguard are wiped out to a man by the stratagem that interrupts charging. My captain halfway kills the trygon at least. My predator fell back, letting my assault marines disembark and wipe out the remaining termagants with their flamers and kill a few hormagaunts in melee, eviscerator sgt whiffs both attacks on the carnifex. My terminators deep striked and charged the tyrant, putting about 6 wounds onto it. My contemptor kills the rest of the termagants engaging it letting it move on to trying to fight the genestealers that are tearing my librarian apart. Librarian lives though thanks to might of heroes making him T5 and some lucky invulnerable saves. Hive tyrant kills my chimera and the guardsmen inside can't disembark due to being surrounded by hormagaunts. The special weapon squad is still holding their own, killing a few gaunts a turn in melee.

Top of 3, the tyrant flees from the terminators and kills my guardsmen, but he didn't activate the hormagaunts on that flank to fight so he wasn't able to pile in with them to tie up the terminators. Hormagaunts on the right pile into the guard squad on the objective and kill them and the rest of the tactical marines. One broodlord finally makes an appearance by killing my assault squad. Trygon kills my captain, carnifex and genestealers kill my librarian and dreadnought.

Bottom of 3, my terminators wreck the poo poo out of the hormagaunts guarding his tyrant, then charge the tyrant and pretty easily kill it. My leman russ and razorback kill the trygon, but at this point there's nothing really left but them and the terminators. The tanks are quickly overrun and the terminators are too far out of position.

What really ruined my army was those 6 inch pile ins and consolidations. Other than the first turn my guns never really did a whole lot. I couldn't really fall back during most of it because I was completely surrounded, and even if I did fall back I'd just be immediately charged. I think in total all my predator accomplished was running over 1 termagant. I definitely should've positioned my mortars more center, I tried hiding them behind some terrain but they were pretty quickly killed out there.

Should've disembarked both guard squads too, I was thinking I would save them to demo charge his tyrant but they were never able to disembark. Also definitely ditching the vanguard for more terminators, maybe fielding a second unit of them for more coverage. The tyranid player is wanting to sell me the Space Hulk terminator model set for $60, does that seem like it's worth it?

Any advice on dealing with this? I definitely need to keep stuff further away to avoid those pile ins. Maybe have a screen of cheap infantry at the edge of my deployment and keep everything else like 8 inches behind.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

It might be a little old fashioned, but here is an Emperor's Children Man.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Also here's my lovely iron hands if you want them

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Not mine but it should work well for Ultramarines or generic Space Marines.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here are some Space Wolves as well.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I think it's all I'm gonna get, so that's fine. Do you have a larger image I can use?

This would be the final Chaos image,btw

MonsterEnvy posted:

Here are some Space Wolves as well.

Also cool, but do you have anything bigger? If not, I can make this work. E: Also, which goon did it? I don't want images that aren't goon-made if we can avoid it

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Jun 12, 2017

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

TheChirurgeon posted:

Here's where I'm at on Marines. Lot more work to be done here, plus I still need "Space Marines" and "Space Wolves" banner images, so :siren:POST PHOTOS OF YOUR MANS:siren:

If you need a Black Templar for this:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I think Salamanders were linked earlier.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

TheChirurgeon posted:

Also cool, but do you have anything bigger? If not, I can make this work.

Sadly no. They belong to a friend, So I only took one picture.

Here is a EC that may work better

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 12, 2017

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Going to be starting 40k with the new box set. Decided I'm going to main Death Guard. Since I'm hype AF, but have nothing to paint. I have been working on creating the bases ahead of time, but most of my ideas that I have tried ended up garbage. This is my latest attempt, yay or nay?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

I had a jump pack captain, terminator librarian, 2 tac squads, guard infantry squad, vanguard squad, assault squad in a razorback, contemptor, cataphractii, 2 guard special weapon squads in a chimera, guard mortar squad, predator, leman russ.

He had a flyrant, 2 broodlords, trygon prime, 2 units of 20 genestealers, 2 units of 30 hormagaunts, 3 or 4 units of 11 termagants, 3 carnifexes.

On the left flank was my chimera, center-left was a tac squad, librarian, mortars, and contemptor. Center was guard squad in a ruin on an objective, leman russ, tactical squad. Right flank had my predator, razorback, vanguard, and captain.

He won the roll to seize, so I got one turn of firing off. The hormagaunts and termagants essentially formed a wall across the entire board, with 1 unit in the back to prevent deep striking. Tyrant on the left flank, 2 carnifexes in the middle and the third on the right, one unit of genestealers in the center-left behind hormagaunts the other deep striking with the trygon prime.

My chimera immediately disembarked a special weapon squad with 3 flamers, which killed about 10 hormagaunts.. My various marines and heavy bolters and poo poo thinned out the gaunts some, but there was around 140 of them so I didn't put much of a dent in that. Heavy weapons largely missed or failed to wound his big stuff on 3+, did manage to drop one carnifex to 1 wound with the multimelta. Vanguard stayed back as a counter striking force, terminators were deep striking.

Turn 2 most of his poo poo charges. His flyrant wipes my mortars out with shooting and smite. Because of me not realizing how bad their pile ins and consolidations were, virtually every model in my army was engaged by hormagaunts. The chimera couldn't disembark the other guardsmen inside of it because of hormagaunts consolidating into it. His tyrant goes down to the left flank and drops my chimera to 1 wound, gants and gaunts are swarming everywhere killing my tactical marines. My captain and vanguard are held in reserve on a flank to try and attack the broodlord, but he brings the trygon and genestealers down onto that flank. Trygon drops my predator to 2 wounds. Most of his termagants are dead because he charges them in first to take overwatch fire (They jammed up my predator so it couldn't shoot the trygon, and another unit jammed up my contemptor) but there's still 40+ hormagaunts and genestealers behind them. The tactical squad on the left gets destroyed by genestealers but my librarian beats down on them a bit in melee when they consolidate into him. The way pile in and consolidation works is he's able to put them basically wherever he wants as long as they end up 0.000001in closer to the nearest enemy model. His broodlords just hang back casting smite and catalyst.

Bottom of 2, my few unengaged models are shooting at genestealers a bit and killing a handful. Can't get anything to hit the wounded carnifex. My captain and vanguard try to counter charge the deep strikers but the vanguard are wiped out to a man by the stratagem that interrupts charging. My captain halfway kills the trygon at least. My predator fell back, letting my assault marines disembark and wipe out the remaining termagants with their flamers and kill a few hormagaunts in melee, eviscerator sgt whiffs both attacks on the carnifex. My terminators deep striked and charged the tyrant, putting about 6 wounds onto it. My contemptor kills the rest of the termagants engaging it letting it move on to trying to fight the genestealers that are tearing my librarian apart. Librarian lives though thanks to might of heroes making him T5 and some lucky invulnerable saves. Hive tyrant kills my chimera and the guardsmen inside can't disembark due to being surrounded by hormagaunts. The special weapon squad is still holding their own, killing a few gaunts a turn in melee.

Top of 3, the tyrant flees from the terminators and kills my guardsmen, but he didn't activate the hormagaunts on that flank to fight so he wasn't able to pile in with them to tie up the terminators. Hormagaunts on the right pile into the guard squad on the objective and kill them and the rest of the tactical marines. One broodlord finally makes an appearance by killing my assault squad. Trygon kills my captain, carnifex and genestealers kill my librarian and dreadnought.

Bottom of 3, my terminators wreck the poo poo out of the hormagaunts guarding his tyrant, then charge the tyrant and pretty easily kill it. My leman russ and razorback kill the trygon, but at this point there's nothing really left but them and the terminators. The tanks are quickly overrun and the terminators are too far out of position.

What really ruined my army was those 6 inch pile ins and consolidations. Other than the first turn my guns never really did a whole lot. I couldn't really fall back during most of it because I was completely surrounded, and even if I did fall back I'd just be immediately charged. I think in total all my predator accomplished was running over 1 termagant. I definitely should've positioned my mortars more center, I tried hiding them behind some terrain but they were pretty quickly killed out there.

Should've disembarked both guard squads too, I was thinking I would save them to demo charge his tyrant but they were never able to disembark. Also definitely ditching the vanguard for more terminators, maybe fielding a second unit of them for more coverage. The tyranid player is wanting to sell me the Space Hulk terminator model set for $60, does that seem like it's worth it?

Any advice on dealing with this? I definitely need to keep stuff further away to avoid those pile ins. Maybe have a screen of cheap infantry at the edge of my deployment and keep everything else like 8 inches behind.

Was he piling in to units he hadn't charged, and then attacking them? If so that's against the rules. Also be sure he's following the rules about movement. Any model that's in contact with an enemy model can't pile in or consolidate, because they're already at 0" and can't move any closer (which is a prerequisite for consolidation and piling in). The rules are also pretty strict about only being able to consolidate/pile in next to the nearest enemy model.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
That EC guy looks like Devin Townsend.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Was he piling in to units he hadn't charged, and then attacking them? If so that's against the rules. Also be sure he's following the rules about movement. Any model that's in contact with an enemy model can't pile in or consolidate, because they're already at 0" and can't move any closer (which is a prerequisite for consolidation and piling in). The rules are also pretty strict about only being able to consolidate/pile in next to the nearest enemy model.

He wasn't attacking them, he was just engaging them so they couldn't shoot and then attacking next turn. And he was making sure not to be base to base. Yeah he'd lose a few gaunts when models that wouldn't have otherwise been able to fight now could, but when those models are tanks that hit on a 6+ who cares.

The rules actually aren't very strict. As long as you end up 0.0001 inches closer to the nearest enemy model, you can move past them. Very easy with large groups of hormagaunts that don't start out very close to the enemy but get a 6 inch pile in and 6 inch consolidate. He'd basically have wings of hormagaunts peel off the back of the mob and envelop stuff.

This was his list btw:

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 12, 2017

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Is this better?

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

chutche2 posted:

How big is that board you played on? It looks absolutely loving tiny, 2k points you should be on a 6x4'.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
If you don't get better submissions, I have Dark Angel and Ultramarines single model photos:

Don't want to crowd the OP with too much of my poo poo though; thanks again for doing these banners man!

If anyone knows a better way of contacting this guy than his Twitter, let me know. I love his stuff so much.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Not mine but it should work well for Ultramarines or generic Space Marines.

Irondog did these, he's one of my favorite painters out there. He also did the Mr. Potato Head Stompa years and years ago.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

How big is that board you played on? It looks absolutely loving tiny, 2k points you should be on a 6x4'.

It was 6x4. There's just a 4x4 mat in the middle to show where the 4 feet was, we were using the full width of the table which is about 6 feet 4 inches.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

SRM posted:

Irondog did these, he's one of my favorite painters out there. He also did the Mr. Potato Head Stompa years and years ago.

It is pretty nice.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I wish my eidolon was done so he could do his thing and steal your credit.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I dare you to use this for Black Templars:

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My humble submission

:heysexy:

Irate Tree fucked around with this message at 06:04 on Jun 12, 2017

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

TheChirurgeon posted:

Rad. I think you just beat BuffaloChicken to the punch!

Dang, glad I skimmed this - girlfriend went to bed and I just finished some things that needed to get done for work tomorrow, and was about to (at 1am) head up to take you a Cult picture.

Still want a Catachan photo, right? I'll send that your way.

So many excellent goon minis brought out by the banner search. I love this scheme!

Matgash
Apr 25, 2008

Know no fear!

I haven't posted in a long time, this was the last thing I painted last year, hopefully 8th will get me pack in the painting seat.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
We should probably include a 3rd banner of non-standard Space Marine chapters that people have done up, cause there are lots of those that are real good.

Not everyone's, obviously, but an amount to equal the first founding chapters so the banners are the same length.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheChirurgeon posted:

Ok, here's what I'm thinking for the two marine/chaos marine subfaction images. If you've got Iron Warriors, Emperor's Children, or World Eaters, POST THAT poo poo

Also post if you have Iron Hands, Salamanders, Space Wolves, or Ultramarines. Or also blood angels, cause I need a single mans photo there

That's a pretty solid set of banners that you've been doing.

But I think the model for the World Eaters is way too brown and you can't see its eyes and other features very well. Maybe Greenmarine has another image that he can share for it. Perhaps one in their traditional post-Heresy bright red?

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Can we get a whole view of KingCobra's Alpha Legion (Or better, make sure the banner links to an album of each army, that would be SWEET.), because that's the colour scheme for them I love the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

TheChirurgeon posted:

I was actually just stopping by to show off my lovely efforts.

Been out of the hobby for about...11 years? But just got back in with the announce of 8th edition.

Anyway, here is my Iron Warriors kill team. I mostly have pictures of the 'Sarge' (pseudo warpsmith) because he was the guy I put a bunch of effort into.

Hmm, my bases look like a chocolate mousse.

That undrilled melta barrel haunts my dreams. I need to fix that poo poo pronto. Still got a think layer of rust on my hobby skills, here's hoping that shakes free as I start beefing out my Iron Warriors for 8th. Will revisit these guys also to add more detail, they looks so...basic?

A 'final' final image from the local GW store:

a cock shaped fruit fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Jun 12, 2017

• Locked thread