Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I thought Baron was the obvious choice for months, but now that they have a heel champ who's apparently keeping the belt for a long time, I'm less sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I am hyped for Big Baron to cash in on Jinder and become top face.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

I thought Baron was the obvious choice for months, but now that they have a heel champ who's apparently keeping the belt for a long time, I'm less sure.

Cena wins #17 at SummerSlam just in time to eat a briefcase to the head followed by an End of Days on to a briefcase.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Benne posted:

***RNN news update***
MITB is in St Louis, hometown of your friend and mine, the viper Randy Orton.
***Update ends***

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

hyper from Pixie Sticks posted:

***RNN news update***
MITB is in St Louis, hometown of your friend and mine, the viper Randy Orton.
***Update ends***

So yeah Jinder's retaining

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

So yeah Jinder's retaining

Randy and Cena are sometimes immune to WWE-Hometown-itis. (Orton actually won his last PPV match in St Louis.)

And yeah, Corbin can hold the case for a few months before cashing in, and it allows them to have him as a featured player without having to constantly be in title matches.
I also presume Carmella's winning the women's.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Gaz-L posted:

Randy and Cena are sometimes immune to WWE-Hometown-itis. (Orton actually won his last PPV match in St Louis.)

And yeah, Corbin can hold the case for a few months before cashing in, and it allows them to have him as a featured player without having to constantly be in title matches.
I also presume Carmella's winning the women's.

I'd actually be really cool with Carmella winning the women's. Anything that gets James Ellsworth on screen more is awesome.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

MITB isn't the Royal Rumble. A heel can win despite the current champ also being heel. The cashin can happened whenever.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/873694279176245248

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

feck sake.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Dave to issue first first 3.999... rating

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
Dave has rated 7 Money In The Bank Ladder Matches less than 4 stars to date.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Depends. Is Roman in the match?

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Depends. Is Roman in the match?

Nope. Styles, Owens, Zayn, Corbin, Nakamura and Ziggler. So yeah, it'll probably be good

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire
Corbin is the likely winner, and it's only 5/6.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Has Nakamura ever done a ladder match before?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

Looks like no.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mkay0 posted:

Corbin is the likely winner, and it's only 5/6.

"Only?" You don't even double your money on a win.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Venomous posted:

Nope. Styles, Owens, Zayn, Corbin, Nakamura and Ziggler. So yeah, it'll probably be good

Owens is a fat waster who gets gassed, Zayn is a loser, Nak is lazy and Ziggler is bad. Without the Big Dog i'm projecting ***1/2 max.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gaz-L posted:

New Japan never did a ladder match before Omega/Elgin prior to last year's Dominion

mkay0
Nov 7, 2003

I crawled the earth, but now I'm higher
2010, watch it go to fire

IcePhoenix posted:

"Only?" You don't even double your money on a win.

I was responding to Rovert's tweet about Dave giving it four stars being easy money. I don't think it's a good play, because the ROI isn't good enough. Dave loves to overrate WWE multiple man matches, no doubt. But, I think it's clear that there is a major chance that the match will be a showcase for a wrestler Dave doesn't care for, Baron Corbin.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Baron Corbin is probably the second worst pick to win after Dolph

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

bradzilla posted:

Baron Corbin is probably the second worst pick to win after Dolph

He would actually be good

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Corbin would have been an okay choice for the case before they pushed Jinder. It felt like Jinder is taking Corbin's "big man heel" spot, and while he's been beating on Sami, he still hasn't been able to buy a win in recent memory, so I don't think he's the best call to win the case at this point.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

If anything, a person losing a lot before the match makes them more likely to win the briefcase and then lose a lot while holding it

I think there's been maybe three times that didn't happen? RVD, Cena, and :siren:KANE:siren:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Junpei Hyde posted:

He would actually be good

To be fair, both your and his statement can be true.

Dolph is really the only Bad End here

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

If anything, a person losing a lot before the match makes them more likely to win the briefcase and then lose a lot while holding it

I think there's been maybe three times that didn't happen? RVD, Cena, and :siren:KANE:siren:

Ambrose also, for the same reason as Kane.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Ambrose also, for the same reason as Kane.

That was such a good loving show. The first Styles/Cena match, good MitB match, all of the Shield holding the title in one night with the rightful Best Shield Member standing tall at thend. Also I looked at the card and have no memory of Apollo Crews beating Sheamus at all :confused:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bradzilla posted:

That was such a good loving show. The first Styles/Cena match, good MitB match, all of the Shield holding the title in one night with the rightful Best Shield Member standing tall at thend. Also I looked at the card and have no memory of Apollo Crews beating Sheamus at all :confused:

Yeah the WWE Network aired this last night.

Apollo Crews went over Sheamus a year ago. Today he's in a story with Titus.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Wasn't the finish to the Crews/Sheamus match a rollup?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vaguido posted:

Wasn't the finish to the Crews/Sheamus match a rollup?

Crucifix after he kicked out of a top rope White Noise and Sheamus was complaining to the ref.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

Yeah they really didn't try hard with Crews did they

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bradzilla posted:

This time last year was such an incredible stretch for WWE. MitB, Battleground, Takeover Brooklyn, SummerSlam, Backlash. It was just, *puckers lips, puts fingers on lips* MWAH.

And even though Raw fell apart after SummerSlam, SmackDown was still incredible right through to the Rumble.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah the WWE Network aired this last night.

Apollo Crews went over Sheamus a year ago. Today he's in a story with Titus.

Then he got a shot at a singles title at SummerSlam.

Miz pinned him clean with his finisher.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Jinder demolishes Corbin based on hairline alone.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Allegedly the Smackdown main event for Summerslam is Cena/Jinder, which boggles my mind when they could have Cena/Styles, Styles/Nakamura, Styles/Orton, Orton/Nakamura, CENA/NAKAMURA (which better loving happen in the next 12 months) or even, and I swear I'd care more about it than Cena/Mahal, Cena and Orton part 20178.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Cena/Orton sounds more like the SD Mania main event

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gaz-L posted:

Allegedly the Smackdown main event for Summerslam is Cena/Jinder, which boggles my mind when they could have Cena/Styles, Styles/Nakamura, Styles/Orton, Orton/Nakamura, CENA/NAKAMURA (which better loving happen in the next 12 months) or even, and I swear I'd care more about it than Cena/Mahal, Cena and Orton part 20178.

Doesn't boggle my mind at all. I've been thinking that was happening for weeks. It's dumb, super dumb, but obvious.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have no investment in World Champion Jinder Mahal but it kind of blows my mind that there's anyone anywhere who for any reason has anything left to look for from Cena vs Orton. Like, even if you love both of them and have loved every match... When's enough?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I have no investment in World Champion Jinder Mahal but it kind of blows my mind that there's anyone anywhere who for any reason has anything left to look for from Cena vs Orton. Like, even if you love both of them and have loved every match... When's enough?

And if it drew really well, even then I'd understand. But it's pretty average business wise, IIRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

I don't want Randy Orton anywhere near the main event anymore tia