Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

and now the sad part which is, metroidvanias I like and how unpopular they are

Odallus the Dark Call (113K)

I'm actually really surprised Odallus even has that many. I loving love it though.

The really depressing part of that list though is how many people own Unepic.

I am also outrageously excited for Ori 2, ready for a whole 'nother round of :argh: and :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

well you see, in japan it's called xbox generations

Actually in the west it's called Xbox Xestalt and in the east it's called Xbox Replixant

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They should have just called it the XBox Xrd.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

exquisite tea posted:

They should have just called it the XBox Xrd.

It is rev2 after all

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

They didn't make Doom lol.

they didn't loving make dishonored 1, 2, or prey for that matter, by the by, nothing personal, except it's personal

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It's legit cool that they're going to make it so you can play original xbox games on the newest system now.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Phantasium posted:

It's legit cool that they're going to make it so you can play original xbox games on the newest system now.

Yeah that was the high point

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Dave Mira's X Box One XXX

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Phantasium posted:

Badly hope Panzer Dragoon Orta is on the list.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

haveblue posted:

Turns out it's Life is Strange: Before the Storm so we can all stop now

Though aren't the planned sequel and the prequel title being handled by a different company two seperate games (the former of which we still know nothing about other than it's being worked on last I checked)?

Speaking of which, here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q68LGOjpRHI

Looks like Chloe's the star this time (possibly once again voiced by Ashly Burch based on the one line of dialogue in the trailer). It's also apparently going to be episodic again but only 3 parts this time. The first episode is due out this August.

Also while Max's spirit guide in the original was a butterfly, Chloe's seems to be a raven (which I guess fits considering the circumstances), wonder what the gimmick is going to be this time?

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Jun 12, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

glam rock hamhock posted:

Dave Mira's X Box One XXX

An XboX One X Parody

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Did MS say if the bonex will have it's own games or if it will be a pspro deal? Last I heard it was the latter but that was awhile ago and they at times have been really vague when pressed

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Larryb posted:

Though aren't the planned sequel and the prequel title being handled by a different company two seperate games (the former of which we still know nothing about other than it's being worked on last I checked)?

Speaking of which, here's the trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q68LGOjpRHI

Looks like Chloe's the star this time (possibly once again voiced by Ashly Burch based on the one line of dialogue in the trailer). It's also apparently going to be episodic again but only 3 parts this time. The first episode is due out this August.

Also while Max's spirit guide in the original was a butterfly, Chloe's seems to be a crow (which I guess fits considering the circumstances), wonder what the gimmick is going to be this time?

There was a flashback with Chloe in the car with her dad so maybe some time travel gimmick will still exist. Who knows!

I really doubt that some no-name studio could do LiS justice but I want to believe.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Did MS say if the bonex will have it's own games or if it will be a pspro deal? Last I heard it was the latter but that was awhile ago and they at times have been really vague when pressed

Its exactly a ps4 pro but you pay more for more p's

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

There was a flashback with Chloe in the car with her dad so maybe some time travel gimmick will still exist. Who knows!

I really doubt that some no-name studio could do LiS justice but I want to believe.

It looks ok so far at least, though they'd have to be careful if they introduce a time travel mechanic so as not to step on the toes of the original (that is, if Chloe had powers of her own all along why did she never use them?). This could be decent or it could be absolutely abysmal but what we've seen looks interesting enough to be worth giving it a shot.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Larryb posted:

It looks ok so far at least, though they'd have to be careful if they introduce a time travel mechanic so as not to step on the toes of the original (that is, if Chloe had powers of her own all along why did she never use them?). This could be decent or it could be absolutely abysmal but what we've seen looks interesting enough to be worth giving it a shot.

I'm guessing here but I will say that special powers will not be involved since it would break just about everything in the OG Life is Strange.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

I'm guessing here but I will say that special powers will not be involved since it would break just about everything in the OG Life is Strange.

True, there still could be a similar gimmick but maybe something the player character doesn't have direct control of (hell, give Rachel the powers instead. There's already hints in the first game that she was guiding Max along as a spirit and might have been the source of her Rewind powers to begin with). I can almost guarantee there's going to be some kind of mechanic or else there won't be much of a game (this is still kind of pointless to begin with seeing as we already know how this is going to end, but maybe they'll find some way to make it interesting).

Actually, it might have made more sense to make Rachel the protagonist this time and expand on her story a bit more (though they're probably going to do that anyway( rather than Chloe but we'll see how this goes.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jun 12, 2017

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Larryb posted:

True, there still could be a similar gimmick but maybe something the player character doesn't have direct control of. I can almost guarantee there's going to be some kind of mechanic or else there won't be much of a game (this is still kind of pointless to begin with seeing as we already know how this is going to end, but maybe they'll find some way to make it interesting).

thats the problem with every prequel and i doubt these guys will be the ones to solve it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Larryb posted:

True, there still could be a similar gimmick but maybe something the player character doesn't have direct control of. I can almost guarantee there's going to be some kind of mechanic or else there won't be much of a game (this is still kind of pointless to begin with seeing as we already know how this is going to end, but maybe they'll find some way to make it interesting).

Well in the first game we saw a butterfly come to symbolize Max's branching realities through rewinding time, aka the butterfly effect. This game appears to prominently feature a raven, which are commonly associated with prophecy in many cultures. So maybe the gimmick of this game will be seeing glimpses into the future and trying to figure out how your decisions in the present will affect them. Who knows!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Well in the first game we saw a butterfly come to symbolize Max's branching realities through rewinding time, aka the butterfly effect. This game appears to prominently feature a raven, which are commonly associated with prophecy in many cultures. So maybe the gimmick of this game will be seeing glimpses into the future and trying to figure out how your decisions in the present will affect them. Who knows!

That might actually be kind of cool if handled right. At the moment I'm interested in this and look forward to learning more details (and seeing what DontNod has in mind for the actual sequel but I doubt we'll be seeing anything on that until next year at the earliest).

Hopefully Ashly Burch is back onboard for this as well (it kind of sounded like her in the trailer but she only said one word so I can't really tell at this point) along with Daniel Bonjour(Frank) and I guess Nik Shriner(Nathan) and Derek Phillips(Jefferson) too since they were involved in the events covered by this game as well (maybe Hannah Telle too if they want to do a flashback with Max at some point).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jun 12, 2017

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWnuxCm8_ig

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Thong golem

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Castlevania Lord of Shadows had a rock golem with giant rock boobs.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

exquisite tea posted:

The prophecy angle could be kind of meta, seeing how most people who will play Life is 2trange would be familiar with the original and therefor playing the game with the knowledge of these characters' future. Will players make decisions that seem to go against the interests of Chloe because they know how it will benefit her in a different game? Even something like the other girl, Rachel, having powers but not telling Chloe, setting up some classic tragic irony.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

God I can't wait to kill every single Nazi on America.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

GUI posted:

God I can't wait to kill every single Nazi on America.

You're doing a pretty poo poo job so far.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
So much for the tolerant left.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

The prophecy angle could be kind of meta, seeing how most people who will play Life is 2trange would be familiar with the original and therefor playing the game with the knowledge of these characters' future. Will players make decisions that seem to go against the interests of Chloe because they know how it will benefit her in a different game? Even something like the other girl, Rachel, having powers but not telling Chloe, setting up some classic tragic irony.

Hell, maybe they could play with the concept a bit and put in an alternate ending or two depending on your decisions during the game.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

hawt, got any more of this set? asking for a friend

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Fuckbox 1080p Tiddy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
1080p is a weak rear end move m$, we have 8k tvs

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Should've been Xbox One Resurrection, for xboner.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/874134334986309632

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
So when do you folks think the forurms are going to implement the word filter that changes BoneX into The Xbox One X

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Drumpf.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
THE LEGITIMACY OF MY SUPERBOWL LEGACY HAS BEEN TURNED INTO A MEME BY IDIOTS

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Jun 12, 2017

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Bethesda conference was a waste of time. At least there's new dishonored content.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

http://i.imgur.com/QD1tK3K.gifv

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

seems like no amount of failure will discourage this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007