Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Policenaut posted:

Mang I haven't seen anybody excited about the $500 Xbox but maybe that's because I'm only reading the E3 threads.

Nintendo used SNES VC and Xenoblade to push the NN3DS, Sony's got VR for the PS4 Pro. I can picture MS behind the curtain at E3 like "okay guys, who which dev did we tap for a game that takes advantage of the upgraded specs?" "uhhh...poo poo, I knew we forgot something"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

imo a very retro metroid project like super metroid remake or something would be the right first step for bringing it back. like do a link between worlds--> breath of the wild type thing to get the team in the right mindset and try out their ideas or whatever before going full bore into new game

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

BOTW and ALBW were done by different teams, though. The only common thread is Aonuma and him wanting to use the item mechanic to begin the franchise's movement towards less linearity.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thanks good to know

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Well this is bizarre. Here's a PC/PS4/Switch fighter with people from Code of Princess, Cave Story, and Sayonara Umihara Kawase of all games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7jOgZFTjM

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
somebody grab a slice of pizza please!

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Xbox One X; Goatsing players with its acronym everywhere. I love how the "most powerful system ever" is a slightly faster processor and an extra 4GB of RAM. With A NEEWWWWW CAAARRR!! :supaburn:

Now now, there is not only more, but also the right kind of RAM this time.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Real hurthling! posted:

imo a very retro metroid project like super metroid remake or something would be the right first step for bringing it back.

the fun (depressing) thing about this is comparing metroid to sonic

in 2009ish, a fan developer created a new engine that mimicked the old 2D sonic games and used it to port Sonic CD to iOS as a test. Sega said "holy poo poo you're hired" and after releasing multiple official remakes of old sonic games on various platforms, that developer is one of the guys behind the upcoming Sonic Mania.

in 2016, after at least a decade of work, a fan developer released a recreated version of Metroid 2 with completely overhauled graphics and controls, to the accolades of many, official metroid developers among them. Nintendo issued a C&D and a takedown notice. :downs: Said developer has switched his focus to Sonic 2 disappeared except for an april fool's joke

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jun 12, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Nintendo used SNES VC and Xenoblade to push the NN3DS, Sony's got VR for the PS4 Pro. I can picture MS behind the curtain at E3 like "okay guys, who which dev did we tap for a game that takes advantage of the upgraded specs?" "uhhh...poo poo, I knew we forgot something"

The biggest cheers of the Xbox presentation, in fact quite possibly the only ones that weren't half-hearted, were from Xbox backwards-compatibility.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The biggest cheers of the Xbox presentation, in fact quite possibly the only ones that weren't half-hearted, were from Xbox backwards-compatibility.

The audience was full of employees in ms tshirts wasnt it?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can play as Lonk in Skyrim Switch.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7980ZPK8Dg

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cojawfee posted:

You can play as Lonk in Skyrim Switch.

I never make those dumb BINGO cards for E3, but if I had I definitely would have gotten to fill in a square right there because I totally saw being an official thing in the Switch port.

Aonuma loving loves Skyrim, dude probably begged Todd to do this.

Oh no, this better not lead to "Boring Nord Dragonborn used in all the marketing" being in Smash. That's always been one of my DARK BETS.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Now I have to buy Skyrim.:smith:

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
It's probably just gonna be that Zelda content.

Like Mario-related content would look weird.

Pikmin...Animal Crossing? Can you imagine what would happen if you tapped your Villager amiibo and got something? What would you even get?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Pikmin...Animal Crossing? Can you imagine what would happen if you tapped your Villager amiibo and got something? What would you even get?

an axe

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I just want to Skyrim around in that Isabelle skinsuit from Smash.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

um wtf is with the music choice in the skyrim ad?

am i that out of touch?

no

it's the advertising people who are insane

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The latest arc of Touch the Skyrim

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

iajanus posted:

am i that out of touch?

no

Passion Pit was a weird choice, and I love their music.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Can I use any amiibo for Skyrim

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

a.lo posted:

Can I use any amiibo for Skyrim

they just showed Link. I hope every Amiibo gives you a unique item. I want Skyrim to have better Amiibo support than any Nintendo game

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Viewtiful Jew posted:

doesn't always have to be an outfit.

tap a mario amibo for a bouncing fireball spell

a summon pikmin spell would be dope too

obviously a cute villiger axe for AC

also they should have a rideable yoshi if i tap one

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Elfgames posted:

doesn't always have to be an outfit.

tap a mario amibo for a bouncing fireball spell

a summon pikmin spell would be dope too

obviously a cute villiger axe for AC

also they should have a rideable yoshi if i tap one

tap fox or falco to load all the hidden furry mods

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
it looks like it's just Zelda. This is from the Bethesda website

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch includes all-new gameplay features like motion controls for combat and lockpicking, outfits and gear from The Legend of Zelda, plus additional loot unlocked from compatible The Legend of Zelda Amiibos. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian Shield or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

in 2016, after at least a decade of work, a fan developer released a recreated version of Metroid 2 with completely overhauled graphics and controls, to the accolades of many, official metroid developers among them. Nintendo issued a C&D and a takedown notice. :downs: Said developer has switched his focus to Sonic 2 disappeared except for an april fool's joke

do we know whether it's gone to ground disappeared, or is it "here's an nda, port this to the switch, don't post about this anywhere"

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
So Skyrim is this year

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Here let me assist your nightmares

Link amiibo unlock is free

All other Amiibo can only be used by purchasing the unlock on Bethesda Creators Club.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Has it ever been answered whether or not the DLC comes with the game?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/874034706974732288

What's Minecraft Realms?

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Kirios posted:

Has it ever been answered whether or not the DLC comes with the game?

https://twitter.com/nintendeal/status/874131440488677376

Seems so.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

Private server rentals. And if the Xbox E3 presentation announcement is true, cross platform multiplayer between Switch, XBone and Windows.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Anidav posted:

Here let me assist your nightmares

Link amiibo unlock is free

All other Amiibo can only be used by purchasing the unlock on Bethesda Creators Club.

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-switch-details-e3-2017-trailer-screenshots

Apparently only Zelda amiibos unlock stuff

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Cross platform Minecraft is actually hella good. I kind of didn't think it was ever going to happen. And also good with realms, assuming it's not some insane price.

iajanus posted:

am i that out of touch?

no

Lol spoken like someone who doesn't have rooftop parties u loving nerd

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Guess I will finally play Skyrim. Hope it isn't too disappointing after spending more than 100 hours on Witcher 3.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

the truth posted:

Guess I will finally play Skyrim. Hope it isn't too disappointing after spending more than 100 hours on Witcher 3.

It most likely will be.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

It probably won't even hold up to BoTW, but I bet it will still be fun.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

the truth posted:

It will be the 360 version, but with amiibo support.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
can't wait to not buy skyrim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

the truth posted:

BoTW is better than Witcher 3 so if it looks bad compared to W3, of course it won't hold up to BoTW.

• Locked thread