Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hooray offseason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
https://twitter.com/pontifex/status/611518771186929664?lang=en

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
Great now comes another offseson for Bergevin to gently caress up and put the franchise back another 5 years

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Bring on the Pre-Expansion trades. Let chaos reign.

ThinkTank posted:

I'll take it. I won't even be 100!

How old are you if you won't be 100 in 8102?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Pittsburgh Penguins have won the Stanley Cup.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Citizen Tayne posted:

Off-topic. Mo-oh wait, it's you, never mind.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Citizen Tayne posted:

Congratulations friend.

Apr 7, 2003

Mind_Taker posted:

Congratulations friend.

Thank you.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
Congrats Pens. My girlfriend is over the moon right now.

And in ten days we see the new uniforms!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Xtanstic posted:

Congrats Preds you did it right with the Bettman boos. I'm permanently staking my spot on the bandwagon for good. gently caress you Bergevin.

How loud were the boos? I didn't see.

Apr 7, 2003

iospace posted:

Preds fans cheered Bettman on when he was introduced a few days ago.

That's how you know Nashville isn't a hockey town.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

LumpyGumby posted:

And in ten days we see the new uniforms!

Oh god I forgot the new jerseys were being unveiled at the draft. I hope they don't gently caress them up like the original Reebok ones.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nothing is as bad as the last few Nike NFL jerseys with the awful looking collars..

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
^^^^ Don't get me started on that scotch tape looking bullshit.

Kilza posted:

Oh god I forgot the new jerseys were being unveiled at the draft. I hope they don't gently caress them up like the original Reebok ones.

I'm cautiously optimistic. They did okay with the World Cup ones.

It's also the only thing I have to look forward to in the near future. That and what pittance the Avs get for Duchene.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

iospace posted:

Loud and extended.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Nothing is as bad as the last few Nike NFL jerseys with the awful looking collars..

I'm so glad that the Packers said "yeah, no" to that.

CBJSprague24 posted:

Loud and extended.

Good. At least we had that.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

iospace posted:

The 'Ref you suck' chant was louder. Initial Bettman boo was average at best, but they picked up the volume once he announced Sid won the Smythe. In their defense, they had just finished cheering the Preds once last time before hand. So overall they have passed the test.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
So let's see:

The garbage rear end patriots won another super bowl
The garbage rear end penguins won another Stanley cup
So that leaves Cleveland getting the reverse sweep for nba and the Yankees winning the world series before trump is finally ordained God emperor in perpetuity and ~~~ THE DARKEST TIMELINE ~~~ is complete...

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Duke Chin posted:

So let's see:

So that leaves Cleveland getting the reverse sweep for nba and the Yankees winning the world series before trump is finally ordained God emperor in perpetuity and ~~~ THE DARKEST TIMELINE ~~~ is complete...

The Yankees would likely win on the back of Judge though, who is like Phil Kessel to me: plays for the "evil" team of their league, but you can't hate the dude at all.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

So let's see:

I know like iospace and Boomer the Cannon will be about the only ones to care about this, but Jimmie Johnson won championship #7.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

I know like iospace and Boomer the Cannon will be about the only ones to care about this, but Jimmie Johnson won championship #7.

Why did you remind me of this?

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS
It's because the Chicago cubs and Leicester City.

Also Chelsea won it's 7th.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Duke Chin posted:

Cleveland winning isn't as bad as Silicon Valley's (can't wait until they move to doped semiconductors and California legalises weed) most smuggest bringing home another trophy.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Good news! They actually got rid of those.

Bad news for the NHL is I absolutely do not trust Fanatics to make replicas while Adidas makes authentics next year. I'm really glad I got a white sewn Crosby jersey with the 50 and 100 patches this year because I honestly don't know if I'll ever buy another one.

Honestly all the leagues are loving up their jerseys. The NBA is selling ads, MLB is putting the UA thing on the chest, gently caress it all.

Apr 7, 2003

ElwoodCuse posted:

Good news! They actually got rid of those.

Bad news for the NHL is I absolutely do not trust Fanatics to make replicas while Adidas makes authentics next year. I'm really glad I got a white sewn Crosby jersey with the 50 and 100 patches this year because I honestly don't know if I'll ever buy another one.

Honestly all the leagues are loving up their jerseys. The NBA is selling ads, MLB is putting the UA thing on the chest, gently caress it all.

A buddy of mine buys all his jerseys from some Chinese company and they're literally better than the official jerseys. fight strap and all.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Dates we get to look forward to:
https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/874112974222487552

Hopefully during this week we see some fun trades from teams trying to get assets for players they know they won't be able to protect or who they move to protect somebody else, like say Eberle for Hamonic.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

Dates we get to look forward to:
https://twitter.com/MarkLazerus/status/874112974222487552

Hopefully during this week we see some fun trades from teams trying to get assets for players they know they won't be able to protect or who they move to protect somebody else, like say Eberle for Hamonic.

I would imagine we see some trades announced very soon this week.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

A buddy of mine buys all his jerseys from some Chinese company and they're literally better than the official jerseys. fight strap and all.

The knockoffs are all poo poo unless you are buying soccer jerseys, because they don't sew anything

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Duke Chin posted:

So let's see:

Don't forget Real Madrid winning the Champions League.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

this was on puck daddy a while ago that's a little more complete:

quote:

June 12: Teams that are due to submit a protected list, excluding those preoccupied with a (potential) Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Final, have until this point to request players with no-movement protection to waive that immunity. The Penguins and Predators will be extended until 5 p.m. ET the day after the Cup is raised, meaning a Marc-Andre Fleury sit-down could occur up to three days after, say, Kevin Bieksa is called into Bob Murray’s office.

June 15: One day after a (potential) Game 7 marks the beginning of the first buy-out period. Teams face the deadline to formally request that players surrender their “No move” for the purpose of a buy out.

June 16: This is last chance for general managers to place players on waivers before the Expansion Draft/Trade freeze. Meanwhile, players asked to waive their protection to accommodate the expansion strategy have until 5 p.m. ET to agree.

June 17: The freeze commences. Non-expansion teams simultaneously submit their protected lists, which puts a full stop on activity outside the Vegas boardroom.

June 18: Protected lists are dispersed league-wide (this includes Vegas) by the NHL, and the Golden Knights officially have the floor. The free agent interview period opens for the expansion club from the moment the lists are distributed. This only applies to players who have been exposed.

June 21: Vegas must submit its selections, including any standard player contract signed with a restricted or unrestricted free agent by 10 a.m. ET. The selections will be announced later that night in concurrence with the NHL Awards.

June 22: The freeze is lifted, allowing all 31 teams to resume normal day-to-day business. This comes literally just in time for the NHL Draft, which begins the next day because things aren’t chaotic enough.

12th could be interesting, 22nd could be insane

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, just so you know, Hand Knit and myself have something planned for this :getin:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

hifi posted:

this was on puck daddy a while ago that's a little more complete:

12th could be interesting, 22nd could be insane

Not to mention there are hidden 'handshake' deals that will wait for after the Vegas deadline so that teams don't have to use a slot to protect them if they're not currently under contract. It's gonna be a frenzy. :supaburn:

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
I'm curious if Adidas will do something aesthetically big, like when RBK moved the NHL shield from the hem to the neckline, which I admittedly hated at first, but don't mind now.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli

ElwoodCuse posted:

The knockoffs are all poo poo unless you are buying soccer jerseys, because they don't sew anything

What are you talking about? I have a couple of knockoff NHL jerseys and everything is embroidered/sewn on. There's a bunch of details that are different from the official ones so you can tell them apart if you know what to look for, but I don't care cos they were a fifth of the price.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
They're sewn but it's pretty shoddy and definitely obvious if you look at jerseys with any frequency. It's miles ahead of where they used to be, but still noticeable enough to bother some people. The price is right for them though, so if you don't care go for it. Plus it tweaks Paulocaust to no end.

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
Of course, no argument from me there. I have official NHL jerseys too and there's no comparison. If I had the money I'd only get official ones.

I'm just saying that thinking the Chinese jerseys don't have sewing (so I guess the logos are screenprinted?) is objectively wrong.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

1000 Brown M and Ms posted:

Of course, no argument from me there. I have official NHL jerseys too and there's no comparison. If I had the money I'd only get official ones.

I'm just saying that thinking the Chinese jerseys don't have sewing (so I guess the logos are screenprinted?) is objectively wrong.

If you try to sew a knockoff jersey it will 100% be poo poo

If you screen print a jersey from a template it will be indistinguishable

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

crossposting because lol

Nashville fans made signs razzing racist shithead Mike Milbury, and NBC sent staffers into the crowd trying to trade people hats for their signs. You'll be shocked to hear that this didn't work.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
One of the worst hangovers in my life this morning.

Sucks they lost, but I'm happy for Nashville overall. Hockey will continue, they have a good core team for a bit, and they probably got a ton more fans through this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.
Good work making it to the finals, Preds.

I hate the off-season.

• Locked thread