Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are mudras even effected by latency anymore? It used to be pretty bad back in ARR but ever since they said they 'fixed' them, I haven't had any rollback at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kestrael Sthalsyngwyn
Voted most likely to blink during a photos.
"Look, it's not that hard. Kest. Rael. Sthal. Syng. Wyn."

A Spider Covets posted:

Oh, dude, this is probably what's loving up my Rimworld installation, I had a ton of permissions issues with that recently. I'll go check it out, thanks!

This can also occur if you've copied your FFXIV installation folder over from another computer or a backup. If that's the case, before you do the above, go into the game's settings menu and set a valid folder, and you should be fine.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Jun 12, 2017

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Also, this needed to be shared:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I kinda wanna fantasia from highdude to lalafell so I at least look more like a caster but they're just so underwhelming to be outside of cutscenes and screenshots :(

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Lalafell own in all respects I'm sorry for your bad tastes.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Only races I haven't been are Elezen and cats because one's a bunch of cloud sniffers and the other are housepets :colbert:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Lalafell own in all respects I'm sorry for your bad tastes.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Lalafell Forever.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Is there a way to change your characters name after creation? Fantasias are only for looks i'm assuming but i realize to late that going off a nickname instead of a regular name is a little bit weird :v:

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Yes, there is a character name change available under the "Additional Services" tab on the MogStation.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Elegance is so easy for monks.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Long shot, but does anyone have a US CD key for ARR they'd want to trade for a EU key? I've got a EU non-SteamPC key for ARR from way back in that one bundle, and i figured i could just give it to a friend who's interested, but they're in the US and i can't imagine it'd be convenient for them to buy EU timecards if they end up sticking with the game

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

AoE is Doton + kassatsu Katon

Kassatsu works on doton, so do it the other way around if doton is worth using.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Doton is rarely worth using.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mazed posted:

Elegance is so easy for monks.

Thinking Monk will be my next job to level specifically because all their gear is fantastic and they look to have amazing mix-and-match potential.

Previously leveled bard and summoner for their glamour possibilities. Bard was purestrain goodness, augmented choral gear is still A+. I was a little disappointed with summoner since there are so many boring robes but the horn does make them all better.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

VHGS posted:

Kassatsu works on doton, so do it the other way around if doton is worth using.

Fister Roboto posted:

When I do content where I outgear it and I know the other dps is going to put out good numbers it's Katon kassatsu Katon because doton won't tick enough to be worth it. Especially stuff like that last huge pull in Baelsar's.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Are mudras even effected by latency anymore? It used to be pretty bad back in ARR but ever since they said they 'fixed' them, I haven't had any rollback at all.

Mudras will always be affected by latency because of GCD clipping. Mudra lag as in "I hit my mudra and the game hosed up and now I have a rabbit" is much much more rare, but still can happen. It's better but not perfect.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

So with Stormblood coming soon... are there any news on an upcoming Heavensward price drop? :v:

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Terper posted:

So with Stormblood coming soon... are there any news on an upcoming Heavensward price drop? :v:

Stormblood will give you Heavensward if you don't have it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Good enough!

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Big axes or big swords...such a hard choice.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Powerleveled fishing from 50-60 in 8 hours today. Would recommend next time you're binging on a show.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Naheo Orphic
Thank god I'm not playing Machinist this time around.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Jinh posted:

Thinking Monk will be my next job to level specifically because all their gear is fantastic and they look to have amazing mix-and-match potential.

Previously leveled bard and summoner for their glamour possibilities. Bard was purestrain goodness, augmented choral gear is still A+. I was a little disappointed with summoner since there are so many boring robes but the horn does make them all better.

Same except machinist due to already having a monk main.

My inner hipster is chafing a bit due to every monk seeming to use the AF2 top glamour.

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool
Hope it's okay to post one of these even if you're not a cool Excal goon...

Perrine Garamonde
Voted Most Likely to Forget to Heal
"Gravity! Gravity! GRAVITY!"

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Of course they're still affected by it, it's just not as ridiculous as when you needed 20 ms to not notice. Try mudras at 150+ ms and it's an amazing rollercoaster of massively clipped GCDs (if you use combos of 2 or 3) and rabbits.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
We need more DGKKers to represent in the yearbook!!!

Baphomet Rex

Hugs & Kisses Club -- Chief Embracing Officer
Cute Newbie Welcoming Committee -- Master-At-Arms
Voted Swolest Roe in All the Lands

"Hi cuties it's me!"

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fister Roboto posted:

This. My group has to be outrageously terrible for Doton to be worth using.

Mudras are still affected by latency. I dropped a bunch of mudras after the server move as I adapted and my latency had barely changed.

And lastly, I think greying out already performed mudras is a great idea!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ohtsam posted:

Powerleveled fishing from 50-60 in 8 hours today. Would recommend next time you're binging on a show.

Please tell me what guide you used, I definitely need to do this soon

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

So it's looking like I'm gonna hit 60 on my first job later today and I was a big dumb dumb who didn't realize there was a cut off on the pre-SB gear up effort. With that in mind, what's the recommended way to get a leg up on my ilevel without breaking the bank?

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

We need more DGKKers to represent in the yearbook!!!

Baphomet Rex

Hugs & Kisses Club -- Chief Embracing Officer
Cute Newbie Welcoming Committee -- Master-At-Arms
Voted Swolest Roe in All the Lands

"Hi cuties it's me!"

Too bad my Lala cant have such nice facial hair to go with his pomp as well.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Poops Mcgoots posted:

So it's looking like I'm gonna hit 60 on my first job later today and I was a big dumb dumb who didn't realize there was a cut off on the pre-SB gear up effort. With that in mind, what's the recommended way to get a leg up on my ilevel without breaking the bank?

At this point I'd wait till the patch drops (or at least until they release patch notes - tomorrow?) since they will possibly add proper item level gear for the MSQ to quests and add vendors for some NQ gear, on top of the rumoured tomestone changes.

If you need to pass item level gates in the MSQ before that, queue for frontlines a bunch and get level 235 PvP gear. Spending tomestones half a week before they're going to compact them into one "below level cap" tomestone and possibly even change the pricing on gear is not a good idea, nor is spending a lot of gil on crafted gear right now.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

LordVorbis posted:

Godamnit I had to say that out loud.

Thyrork posted:

:same:

I am not a clever man.
That's why I love it so much!

Omnicrom posted:

Ouhei, I want to say I've known you for like three years now and only just now did I realize what your name meant. I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad.
I'm pretty sure I've memorized at least 5 DGKK member names incorrectly, lol.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

There was a goon gear drive going on but it seems the deadline to apply was sunday.

Btw, I can't thank enough the goons involved in this!

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 13:19 on Jun 12, 2017

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Pigbottom posted:

There was a goon gear drive going on but it seems the deadline to apply was sunday.

Btw, I can't thank enough the goons involved in this!

I'm pretty sure

quote:

I was a big dumb dumb who didn't realize there was a cut off on the pre-SB gear up effort
refers to the same gear drive :v:

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

For those of us that missed the gear cutoff, how much PvP am I going to have to do to pass the MSQ?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Injuryprone posted:

For those of us that missed the gear cutoff, how much PvP am I going to have to do to pass the MSQ?

A few hours depending on queue times. Maybe more, maybe less if you get really lucky.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Wait, PvP for the MSQ? At what point does that come in? Not super looking forward to that

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

Wait, PvP for the MSQ? At what point does that come in? Not super looking forward to that

It's the easiest way to get gear for the dungeons requirements.
However if you are far away from heavensward the level 60 main quests will most likely give you the gear you need to continue, as they did for level 50 ARR in Heavensward

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ah, yeah, I'm still in the 2.x MSQ right now. To make sure I understand, did they add that 110 gear to the 2.x MSQ after Heavensward launched to smooth the transition (and therefore they'll likely do the same for the 3.x pre-SB MSQ)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

Ah, yeah, I'm still in the 2.x MSQ right now. To make sure I understand, did they add that 110 gear to the 2.x MSQ after Heavensward launched to smooth the transition (and therefore they'll likely do the same for the 3.x pre-SB MSQ)?

This is correct, unless you are doing the 3.x Story between now and thursday, you will probably be fine friend.

• Locked thread