Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
As the proud owner of a Captain America & The Avengers arcade cabinet, it makes me so happy to see other people have those voice acting bits burned into their heads as much as I do. Hell, one of my friends (who's now the artist behind GWAR: Orgasmageddon) wrote a song with one of his old bands about that arcade game titled "Where is the laser? Ask the police!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

that and "bury me with my money" from sunset riders and "Wendigo" from the xmen arcade game will stay with me long after i have forgotten the face of my beloved

Keromaru5
Dec 28, 2012

Pictured: The Wolf Of Gubbio (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
To this day, the main theme from the game is still the one I associate with the Avengers.

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
https://youtu.be/OHp5zXlLbHw

They are... X-MEN!

I hear this music in my sleep sometimes.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Deadpool #15: Deadpool snuck into the Triskelion to see Ulysses (the kid from Civil War 2) and ran into Black Panther.

(During the fight, Deadpool hits T'Challa with a toilet). The whole fight is very funny and I wish I could post the whole thing but it's way too long.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Push El Burrito posted:

In the canine justice system, the dogs are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: The dog cops, who investigate crime, and the dogstrict attorneys, who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories.

BOW WOW

In the canine justice system, cat based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New Bark City, the dedicated dogtectives who investigate these vicious felinies are members of an elite squad known as the Special Kittens Unit.

WOOF WOOF

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

TwoPair posted:

Deadpool #15: Deadpool snuck into the Triskelion to see Ulysses (the kid from Civil War 2) and ran into Black Panther.

(During the fight, Deadpool hits T'Challa with a toilet). The whole fight is very funny and I wish I could post the whole thing but it's way too long.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't even care that t'challa should be able to figure out some way to disable and capture deadpool. him being the snooty refined guy constantly aghast at wade's lowbrow nonsense is too perfect.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Was it last time that Wade dropped a Game of Thrones spoiler on Black Panther and he got really mad about it? :allears:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Mikl posted:

Was it last time that Wade dropped a Game of Thrones spoiler on Black Panther and he got really mad about it? :allears:

Yes

[clipped for length]

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never knew how empty my life was until I saw DP and BP trading dick-kicks.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Rhyno posted:

I never knew how empty my life was until I saw DP and BP trading dick-kicks.

It's kind of disappointing to know that'll never make it into the MCU, but I can dream.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
The great thing about that is, by this point, we've seen Deadpool 2099 and Ellie's totally not an only child.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I like that America is just all "I want no part of this weird ball torture."

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The great thing about that is, by this point, we've seen Deadpool 2099 and Ellie's totally not an only child.

There's a Deadpool 2099?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

haitfais posted:

There's a Deadpool 2099?

Yes, Warda Wilson. The daughter of Deadpool and Shiklah. Her and Ellie are enemies in 2099 and that's where we learn what Ellie's awesome mutant power is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

haitfais posted:

There's a Deadpool 2099?

Deadpool 2099 only appears in the pages of Deadpool, there's not a separate comic for it (yet).

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Black Bolt is a great comic and Absorbing Man is an amazing supporting character.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

Black Bolt is a great comic and Absorbing Man is an amazing supporting character.

After he turned himself into a pile of cocaine, how did he snort himself?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm guessing it was the ultimate contact high.

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I'm guessing it was the ultimate contact high.

Did he meet snowflame?!

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Say Nothing posted:

After he turned himself into a pile of cocaine, how did he snort himself?

The cocaine story is actually much more ridiculous than that. See he got shot and turned into steel or something after but didn't want to turn human again until they could get the bullets out, so these people give him some cocaine and tell him to turn into that and the bullets will fall right out simple enough. Except as soon as he does they turn on these big rear end fans and then spread him everywhere all over the room and then bag him up to sell sell him. Yup.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:ohdear:

What happened to the people that snorted him?

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The secret origin of the Absorbing Man Kill Crew?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Elfface posted:

The secret origin of the Absorbing Man Kill Crew?

It turns out that "Creel Kill Crew" is remarkably difficult to say.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What stuns me about Deadpool 2099 is I groaned at first when I heard about it, but it's been really collecting steam as the story goes on.

I cannot say the same about Wade helping Nazi Steve, though. I suppose that's still more on Spencer than it is on Duggan, who is arguably the best Deadpool writer ever at this point and deserves a mulligan if he needs one. .

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

What stuns me about Deadpool 2099 is I groaned at first when I heard about it, but it's been really collecting steam as the story goes on.

I cannot say the same about Wade helping Nazi Steve, though. I suppose that's still more on Spencer than it is on Duggan, who is arguably the best Deadpool writer ever at this point and deserves a mulligan if he needs one. .

Wade being loyal to Steve makes perfect sense with how Duggan has written that relationship since he first put them together. And I would guarantee he's the one that said Wade would follow Steve no matter what. Whereas most characters know that something is not right with Steve, Wade is the kind of person that thinks Steve has other motives behind this. He thinks in the end it'll all come out right. Steve has always been there for Wade and Wade was right when he told Coulson that nobody saying Steve took the wrong side has ever been right. Just so happens this is the one time they are.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

X-O posted:

Wade being loyal to Steve makes perfect sense with how Duggan has written that relationship since he first put them together. And I would guarantee he's the one that said Wade would follow Steve no matter what. Whereas most characters know that something is not right with Steve, Wade is the kind of person that thinks Steve has other motives behind this. He thinks in the end it'll all come out right. Steve has always been there for Wade and Wade was right when he told Coulson that nobody saying Steve took the wrong side has ever been right. Just so happens this is the one time they are.

Wade is always coming up with incredibly convoluted plans that look like complete and random idiocy until everything suddenly comes together at the end.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

X-O posted:

Why is Black Bolt talking normally
This bothers me a great deal more than it should.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Synthbuttrange posted:

:ohdear:

What happened to the people that snorted him?

They got super high!
Then freaked out and turned into things like water.
It ended REALLY badly for all the Creel-caine users.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

The Question IRL posted:

They got super high!
Then freaked out and turned into things like water.
It ended REALLY badly for all the Creel-caine users.

Don't do drugs, children! They might be made of the Absorbing Man.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Why didn't the bits of him just turn into plastic when it touched the bags?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Keeshhound posted:

He can touch things without turning into those things -- it's up to him.

Although he's been sentient while turned into other materials, so would splitting him up into a whole bunch of little baggies create a bunch of mini-Creels? :thunk:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Absorbing man seems broken, nerf pls

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
I think molecule man needs a balance pass before they look at absorbing man.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Why is Black Bolt talking normally
This bothers me a great deal more than it should.

He's in some kind of prison where the most useful powers a given person has are nullified, or seriously nerfed to the point of being useless. So Absorbing Man there is just Regular Man right now.

Also, every time someone gets "killed" in the prison they respawn in their cell. So even "dying" isn't a release.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

X-O posted:

I understand, it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Also, every time someone gets "killed" in the prison they respawn in their cell. So even "dying" isn't a release.

This gig is getting a little tired after they did it recently with both Johnny Storm and Thor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I agree with Crusher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Keeshhound posted:

I think he needs a certain amount of consciousness in order to control his powers and I'm OK with head cannoning that if he gets dispersed as described above there isn't enough of him in one spot to combine into a big enough pile to get his poo poo together. Turn Creel into cocaine and he's a cocaine golem, but blow that away and he's kind of hosed.

Did he get sweet revenge on those guys?