Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

You can safely bet on AoP/Heavy Machinery in some fashion and probably McIntyre vs. Roode. Probably a Bate vs. Dunne rematch? Unless they decide to do that on their UK show instead.

But yeah for the rest of it, you'd just be buying it hoping that guys like Aleister, Andrade and Gargano all have something good to do.

It's Strong/Roode, unless there's another Takeover before Brooklyn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

achillesforever6 posted:

The problem also was they never really had the champs wrestle on the TV show and only do contract signings and promos instead. That and they really should have done some multiman matches to spice things up.

NXT and Raw/Smackdown can probably benefit from doing more Multi Mans in general. They shouldn't go New Japan level but it'd allow them to have top guys lose pins and put people over without losing singles matches. And it'd allow talent to face each other and tease singles matches

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

It's Strong/Roode, unless there's another Takeover before Brooklyn.

They could do Strong/Roode on TV like Ohno/Roode. :shrug:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

NXT and Raw/Smackdown can probably benefit from doing more Multi Mans in general. They shouldn't go New Japan level but it'd allow them to have top guys lose pins and put people over without losing singles matches. And it'd allow talent to face each other and tease singles matches

Top guys lose pins all the time???

Anyway I bought my tickets for Itami / Hero and by God it's going to steal the show. I'm hoping for Mac / Roode because Roddy has not excited me in anything he's done inside or out of NXT as a face.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Basic Chunnel posted:

Top guys lose pins all the time???

Anyway I bought my tickets for Itami / Hero and by God it's going to steal the show. I'm hoping for Mac / Roode because Roddy has not excited me in anything he's done inside or out of NXT as a face.

Yeah but that's part of the problem right now in WWE, Top guys are eating way too many pins cause of 50/50 booking. Stick them in multimans and you can still have the guy eat a bin but it won't be 50/50

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I will give them credit for one thing in their jackassed Jinder Mahal push, Jinder taking advantage of the chaos of a 6-man tag to pin Randy was effective storytelling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

They could do Strong/Roode on TV like Ohno/Roode. :shrug:

They've put a lot into Strong to just do it on TV..

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

That is true. And I guess Drew is mostly still just in Kill Jobbers mode.

I guess they could do Roode/Strong/Drew.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Didn't Drew beat Andrade in his debut? Maybe they'll run a rematch in Brooklyn with a newly invigorated Andrade after Thea gets him in line.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

Aphrodite posted:

Could they do it on tour? I still really like the Nakamura-Joe cage match they did in Australia.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WWE signs fitness and beach volleyball athlete Jessie Elaban: http://squaredcirclesirens.com/wwe-signs-jessie-elaban/

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Upsetting news

quote:

WWE UK Superstar Mark Andrews was apparently injured Sunday during a match at Download Festival and had to be taken from the ringside area on a stretcher.

The injury occurred during a 4-on-4 tag team match pitting Andrews, Drew McIntyre, Aleister Black and Roderick Strong against Pete Dunne, Bobby Roode and The Authors of Pain.

According to tweets from those in attendance, the incident occurred when Mark took a clothesline from the AOP. He then rolled to the floor holding his neck and was quickly treated by EMTs before being taken to the ambulance.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/mark-andrews-injured-download-festival

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mandrews no :(

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/EddieDennis1986/status/874003779250737152

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MandrewsJunior/status/874034340455469057

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Besides his size PB has WWE level personality, star quality and professionalism.

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/874057701269143552 https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/874063182121377792

rovert fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 12, 2017

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rRaCn3EUSU jesus I'm glad he's okay

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Hopefully the medical benefits on the contract he signed have kicked in.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Honestly I'm surprised we don't see more guys get hurt on that dumb "flip bump off a clothesline" spot. It seems like every smaller guy is doing it these days and they always look like they're inches away from spiking their heads.

Glad Mandrews is okay but, bro, you can take a normal back bump off a clothesline! We won't judge you for just falling down on a throwaway house show.

Why are all these NXT guys getting injured on house shows, anyway? Isn't that supposed to be their easiest matches of the week?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Benne posted:

Honestly I'm surprised we don't see more guys get hurt on that dumb "flip bump off a clothesline" spot. It seems like every smaller guy is doing it these days and they always look like they're inches away from spiking their heads.

Glad Mandrews is okay but, bro, you can take a normal back bump off a clothesline! We won't judge you for just falling down on a throwaway house show.

Why are all these NXT guys getting injured on house shows, anyway? Isn't that supposed to be their easiest matches of the week?

Probably someone will tell them to stop doing retarded bumps for gymnasium crowds soon if they have not already.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Crazzy Steve the only "name" at the tryouts this week.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/875020117486317573

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Man fullsail has no stamina whatsoever in keeping the shows not sounding like a funeral by the fourth taping

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Now that is a quality backstage brawl

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cegJX__kLC4&t=4s

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bleeeeugh!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Velveteen Dream gimmick is awful

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

lovely finish to the main event, cool brawl afterwards though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The issue with velveteen dream is that he feels like a poor mans dalton castle.

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Man fullsail has no stamina whatsoever in keeping the shows not sounding like a funeral by the fourth taping

When Ruby Riot did a missle dropkick to the outside you could hear like six individual cheers and it made me very sad.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The_Rob posted:

The issue with velveteen dream is that he feels like a poor mans dalton castle.

ROH is a very financially accessible wrestling federation.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
They should just make Velveteen Dream into Adrian Adonis 2. Also, make him comically obese and put him in pink trunks.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Platypus Farm posted:

They should just make Velveteen Dream into Adrian Adonis 2. Also, make him comically obese and put him in pink trunks.

Gotta wait unitl Vince sees him first

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

lovely finish to the main event, cool brawl afterwards though.

If they wanted to do the no contest, why didn't they just wait until the table bump to call it?

Dango Bango posted:

The Velveteen Dream gimmick is awful

It's like they made a gimmick based on someone poorly describing Prince without ever actually watching Prince.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The Velveteen Dream struggles to come to terms with becoming a real human and finds solace in the love of a child. The child then contacts rubella or some poo poo and all his possessions are taken away to be burned, to stifle the spread. The Velveteen Dream dream dies in a fire.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

RacistGuidingLight posted:

The Velveteen Dream struggles to come to terms with becoming a real human and finds solace in the love of a child. The child then contacts rubella or some poo poo and all his possessions are taken away to be burned, to stifle the spread. The Velveteen Dream dream dies in a fire.

This would only semi-main a Takeover though.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It's like they made a gimmick based on someone poorly describing Prince without ever actually watching Prince.
And which WCW already did seventeen years ago.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

And then Roman Reigns dressed in the undertaker's old clothes comes up out of the ground

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Charles Gnarwin posted:

At the very least they could have modeled the gimmick around Dave Chappelle's Prince if they weren't going to actually do Prince.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Dango Bango posted:

At the very least they could have modeled the gimmick around Dave Chappelle's Prince if they weren't going to actually do Prince.

Or worse, he's doing Chappelle's Prince without actually watching Chappelle's Prince skits.

• Locked thread