Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

English doesn't have god loving damned gender and case declension, so it is the best and most superior of all languages.

"nurr nurr i'm german, i have seventeen god drat words for 'the', alles in ordnung"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Byzantine posted:

English doesn't have god loving damned gender and case declension, so it is the best and most superior of all languages.

"nurr nurr i'm german, i have seventeen god drat words for 'the', alles in ordnung"

:agreed:

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Byzantine posted:

Is German inflected? I feel like that's the real trade off. You ditch each word's backpack full of grammatical clues, but suddenly you have to pay much more attention to the order they're in.

lord_daeloth
Jun 2, 2004

First comment in response to THIS horrifying video showing a girl being rescued from a storage container that she was chained up in by a serial killer.

She had a loving chain around her neck! Doug Out is making the right call there I think.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Byzantine posted:

lol german is the easy, scrub tier for germanic languages

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Deceitful Penguin posted:

I think you meant Dutch.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I think you meant Dutch.
maybe for those of us that already speak a language that involves spitting every other word

Though Yiddish does get to be in the decent tier, if only because all the ways to learn it are dying out which makes learning it rather hard

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

German at least lacks a billion rule exceptions.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Memorizing a gender for every goddamn thing is a huge pain in the rear end. German sucks.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

The comments are people posting those happy gay couple stickers facebook has, and the OP demanding to know what the evolutionary benefit of homosexuality is.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
So let me get this straight. English is the best language because it's gender fluid? loving tumblr language bullshit that is what it is.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.

there wolf posted:

The comments are people posting those happy gay couple stickers facebook has, and the OP demanding to know what the evolutionary benefit of homosexuality is.

Gay bird couples frequently hatch abandoned eggs. In fact this just happened in a zoo in Amsterdam

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

lord_daeloth posted:

First comment in response to THIS horrifying video showing a girl being rescued from a storage container that she was chained up in by a serial killer.

She had a loving chain around her neck! Doug Out is making the right call there I think.

While an extreme version, this is an excellent example of people to want a woman who is victimized to be a "perfect victim" before they will consider that a "real" crime has been committed.

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

there wolf posted:

Mildly curious why the Arabic letter nun is that persons profile photo. The last thing to come to mind with a name like Libertarian Catholic is the Arabic language.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

LordGugs posted:

Mildly curious why the Arabic letter nun is that persons profile photo. The last thing to come to mind with a name like Libertarian Catholic is the Arabic language.

ISIS is using it to brand for Christians.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

LordGugs posted:

It's a show of sympathy to prosecuted Christians (and apparently only Christians) in the Middle East. Christianity is "النصرانيّة" = "a-Nassraniyah" in Arabic.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Mustached Demon posted:

German at least lacks a billion rule exceptions.
and the grammar is easy peasy; it's literally just one form used in Icelandic, whereas we have several different ones

Field Mousepad posted:

Memorizing a gender for every goddamn thing is a huge pain in the rear end. German sucks.
Now imagine learning the gender for things, only they're different genders in different languages

Das Auto - neuter
Hann Bílinn - masculine

just to name one

there wolf posted:

wait what the gently caress, how in the yellow hell are the tenets of catholicism, hosed tho they be, in any way compatible with libertarianism??

are they just prods in denial?

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's a show of sympathy to prosecuted Christians (and apparently only Christians) in the Middle East. Christianity is "النصرانيّة" = "a-Nassraniyah" in Arabic.

Grem posted:

ISIS is using it to brand for Christians.

Wow now I feel like a cockhead, I'm sure this person is really sympathetic to the refugees from these areas.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

wait what the gently caress, how in the yellow hell are the tenets of catholicism, hosed tho they be, in any way compatible with libertarianism??

Well, uh, yeah. This is America we're talking about.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TomiLahren/status/872657600013271042

Reminder: she said she'd be the first person to call out Trump if anything went wrong.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

and the grammar is easy peasy; it's literally just one form used in Icelandic, whereas we have several different ones
Now imagine learning the gender for things, only they're different genders in different languages

Das Auto - neuter
Hann Bílinn - masculine

just to name one

I think someone should checkout their website and report back.

Not me, though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Didn't Trump already gently caress up a raid?

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Do you have any idea how Nazi that sounds?

Count me in!

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Seems like this would be a perfect place to get a round of applause for using your right to free speech to shout 'fire' in a crowded theatre.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

LordGugs posted:

Wow now I feel like a cockhead, I'm sure this person is really sympathetic to the refugees from these areas.

100% chance their image of the prosecuted christains are white

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LeftistFoxbutt/status/874134929419812864

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Wait. Are they made at a game where you kill Nazi's?

I guess ive been sjw gaming since I shot mechahilter a bunch decades ago.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bombadilillo posted:

Wait. Are they made at a game where you kill Nazi's?

I guess ive been sjw gaming since I shot mechahilter a bunch decades ago.

They're expressing sympathy towards Nazis. I guess that makes them ... uhhhh ...

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Every once in a while I do a laugh that makes me sound like Mrs. Krabappel and this was one of those times

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

gradenko_2000 posted:

They're expressing sympathy towards Nazis. I guess that makes them ... uhhhh ...

Targets.

Can't loving wait to kill nazis while hauling my crippled rear end around on conveyor belts and in wheelchairs.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

gently caress yes.

This page announced anyone using the pride reaction on their page would be banned "immediately".

There were almost 40k last time I checked.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

lord_daeloth posted:

Ya, and being a slave wasn't so bad because they gave you a place to live and sometimes even gave you food!

But yeah that guy seems like he'd easily become a serial kidnapper rapist because he'd think that chaining someone up was okay as long as they had books to read.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Picnic Princess posted:

Ya, and being a slave wasn't so bad because they gave you a place to live and sometimes even gave you food!

But yeah that guy seems like he'd easily become a serial kidnapper rapist because he'd think that chaining someone up was okay as long as they had books to read.

say what you will about the death camps, but I never saw any of them pay rent.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Bogan King posted:

Crawling around making GBS threads my diapers and sucking on your mums tits is how I learned English as an adult. It works for all ages.

i posted knowing it was coming but drat it came quick

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Me:

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
ww2: a war where you kill everyone you disagree with

:shepface:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
These are the same people who say "the left calls anyone they disagree with Nazis :rolleyes:" aren't they.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

His avatar.