Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
SHERIFF: That man what robbed the bank, what'd he look like?
BUMPKIN: We couldn't see, sheriff, he was compressed and goggled!
SHERIFF: I'll be durned, the Compression Sleeve Bandit done struck again...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-gordon-hayward-wife-posts-and-deletes-picture-daughter-shamrock-go-green-shirt

Book it.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I can't believe I missed Kirk Heinrich's last game before his sleeves tightened up and he vanished into thin air

or was it the other way around? He finally took them off and burst like cutting into a pressurized tank ?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

I'm sorry, but a more thorough analysis of Wife Instagram leads to conclusive proof Hayward is going to Miami

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
So this thread moves fast and I missed the convo. Are we pro or anti Dahntay Jones beating up Kevin Durant?

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

quote:

Dahntay Jones added a technical foul in Game 4, which brought his playoff fines to $9,000. That leaves him just $127 from his season salary of $9.127.

Even $127 is too much money for that dude. He's a trash player.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
It takes a really special kind of player to cost his team points and possessions while he is sitting on the bench costing himself his entire season salary.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dr.Radical posted:

So this thread moves fast and I missed the convo. Are we pro or anti Dahntay Jones beating up Kevin Durant?

Pro, although gently caress Dahntay Jones

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Does the NBA give playoff shares or is Jones literally paying to play? Sure Lebron is giving him some money either way though tbh.

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Don't players get a bonus for making/winning the chip? Or is that just in football?

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Don't players get a bonus for making/winning the chip? Or is that just in football?

it appears that teams get to split up (emphasis on the ~) ~$3.5 million for losing and ~$5 million for winning

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Skirt the cap by signing someone for $5 million less than market value and promise them the entire playoff pool! Call me Dan!

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Michael Corleone posted:

Does the NBA give playoff shares or is Jones literally paying to play? Sure Lebron is giving him some money either way though tbh.

There are playoff shares, I can't find the updated figure but if we extrapolate from these two sources
http://insidehoops.com/playoffs-salaries-pool.shtml (Playoff pool in 2006= 10m, First round exit gets $149,243)
http://www.espn.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12787917/rajon-rondo-does-not-get-playoff-share-dallas-mavericks (Rondo does not get first round share so distribution must vary team to team, not guarantee. This is 2015

quote:

The other 14 players on the roster evenly divided $208,940, which is awarded to teams that lose in the first round of the playoffs. Houston beat Dallas in five games in the best-of-seven series.

So we just rough it out and say 1.4x more than the 2006 shares, that means if the Cavs lose they split 1,643,000 among the players? If that's divided an equal 15 ways it's like 11,000 per player. After taxes Dahntay will be making minor league baseball money

Edit: I found some real numbers from 2016

quote:

The NBA will award a total of $15 million to the league’s top teams this year, officials told FOXBusiness.com. This year’s Playoff pool is the largest in league history, surpassing last year’s tally of $14 million.

The winning team in this year’s NBA Finals will earn $2,656,422, to be split amongst its players, coaches and staff members. The losing team gets a consolation prize of $1,760,210 – probably not enough to cure the sting of falling short, but a solid payday nonetheless
So bump it up by a little bit and call it 1.8m, an even split 15 person gives Dahntay a cool 12g's, but who knows how they'll split it among the front office etc. He should come out in the black, anyway

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 12, 2017

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound
Dahntay Jones at the game 7 afterparty ordering the house lager and a shot of Evan Williams

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jones is also getting the per diem of ~ 130$ a day on the road

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

Dahntay Jones at the game 7 afterparty ordering the house lager and a shot of Evan Williams

"I got a long island," Jones says, while looking at Lebron's vintage red wistfully. "They're the best bang for your buck."

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Jones can also sell his championship ring for a lot .

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Tonight the Cavs will continue their upcoming 4-game win streak by again dominating the entire game and sending the weak Golden State Warriors crying for their wives or side chicks as they meekly gather their jaws off the floor from the embarrassment of 75 straight Cavs slam dunks.

LeBron has clearly entered Monstar mode and is willing his team to victory once more. You may call this a homer post, but I have looked into my crystal ball and determined that there is no other outcome except a game seven Cavaliers victory and a shameful Warriors offseason of their free agents all joining the true best team in the West, the Sacramento Kings.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
No way man, if they get reversed swept KD will be coming to Cleveland on the vet min, I had a dream about it.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Michael Corleone posted:

No way man, if they get reversed swept KD will be coming to Cleveland on the vet min, I had a dream about it.

And next year GS will come back from 3-0 against Cleveland and KD will have an existential crisis and retire. Dude is always in his feelings.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

TBeats posted:

And next year GS will come back from 3-0 against Cleveland and KD will have an existential crisis and retire. Dude is always in his feelings.

future Twitter posted:

That feel when your career has become an Aesop's fable

The B_36
Jul 10, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

There are playoff shares, I can't find the updated figure but if we extrapolate from these two sources
http://insidehoops.com/playoffs-salaries-pool.shtml (Playoff pool in 2006= 10m, First round exit gets $149,243)
http://www.espn.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/12787917/rajon-rondo-does-not-get-playoff-share-dallas-mavericks (Rondo does not get first round share so distribution must vary team to team, not guarantee. This is 2015

So we just rough it out and say 1.4x more than the 2006 shares, that means if the Cavs lose they split 1,643,000 among the players? If that's divided an equal 15 ways it's like 11,000 per player. After taxes Dahntay will be making minor league baseball money

Edit: I found some real numbers from 2016

So bump it up by a little bit and call it 1.8m, an even split 15 person gives Dahntay a cool 12g's, but who knows how they'll split it among the front office etc. He should come out in the black, anyway

1.8m divided by 15 is $120,000, not $12,000.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!
SA fanfic hot takes are the worst

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
tonight the new model warriors are going to slaughter the King's cavaliers and end the NBA civil war.

the widely despised kevin durant will take over as lord protector of the league until his retirement whereupon his legacy will be dug up, tried, and beheaded for treason.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

E2M2 posted:

SA fanfic hot takes are the worst

we're sometimes okay

the only reason we didn't have this discussion last year amongst ourselves once it spread to the wider net?
https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/51szu1/is_it_legal_for_players_to_kiss_as_a_strategy/
we'd already discussed it and come to our own conclusions :colbert:

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
KD just did an interview where he told a ton of weird small lies (stuff that directly contradicts both his own stories and stories from his teammates), great resource if anyone wants to a fake expert on body language and microexpressions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c0_2msk6pk

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

EvanTH posted:

KD just did an interview where he told a ton of weird small lies (stuff that directly contradicts both his own stories and stories from his teammates), great resource if anyone wants to a fake expert on body language and microexpressions:

For those of us who are not tasked by the Church to keep track of these things, could you list out his various lies and or heresies?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

EvanTH posted:

I consulted my microexpression-ometer and it read Shook

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Hey SAS mod who changes the title without reading the CONSENSUS opinion

please change the title to

Tae posted:

Is Ian Sjumpert the worst

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

EvanTH posted:

In what really matters his interview game and dress went straight to poo poo after he left OKC I couldn't watch past a minute

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

TildeATH posted:

For those of us who are not tasked by the Church to keep track of these things, could you list out his various lies and or heresies?

Mostly the parts where he says Draymond never called him after game 7 and he "never watches the finals" then doubles down on those statements.

It's not heresies or anything, it's just that there are videos of him watching the finals and he's talked about watching the finals in several previous interviews so it's a bizarre thing to lie about. edit: And I like Draymond so I don't think he was lying in that interview so therefore KD is lying now.

edit: to make it into "a ton" I counted each confirmation as a separate lie I apologize if this is not the correct way to handle lie stats

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jun 12, 2017

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Mostly the parts where he says Draymond never called him after game 7 and he "never watches the finals" then doubles down on those statements.

It's not heresies or anything, it's just that there are videos of him watching the finals and he's talked about watching the finals in several previous interviews so it's a bizarre thing to lie about. edit: And I like Draymond so I don't think he was lying in that interview so therefore KD is lying now.

edit: to make it into "a ton" I counted each confirmation as a separate lie I apologize if this is not the correct way to handle lie stats

You can lie a ton without them being separate lies of type. You're in the clear. Repeating the lie counts towards the ton.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Maybe he doesnt watch the finals live, but does watch them on tape?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Men lie, women lie, KD lies BUT

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe Draymond's call went to voicemail. And who leaves voicemails these days?

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

BlueBayou posted:

Maybe he doesnt watch the finals live, but does watch them on tape?

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/10/11/kevin-durant-joe-lacob-shed-more-light-on-durants-free-agency-decision/

quote:

Durant: “I was telling one of my friends, Rich (Kleiman, his agent), who’s here, we were watching Game 7. Well, as it started to unfold, it was, ‘No question, no way could you go to this team.’ And I was just like a kid, like, in a candy shop. I’d get wide open 3s, I could just run up and down the court, get wide open layups. I was basically begging him. I was like, yo, this would be nice. So as I was thinking about my decision and who I was gonna play for, this team came to mind. You know, as they lost, it became more and more real every day. You start to think about it even more. To see if I would fit. Then once I sat down with these guys, everything that I wanted to know about them they kinda showed me. But we don’t have to talk about it though because they didn’t get the job done and they came after me and who knows what would’ve happened. But I guess you could say I’m glad that they lost.”
+
KD on tape watching the 2014 Finals in his own documentary (at 11:11 if the deep link doesn't work):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8-zjpI2W0&t=671s

Cool Buff Man posted:

You can lie a ton without them being separate lies of type. You're in the clear. Repeating the lie counts towards the ton.

Thnk you this is good to know

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Oh good KD what are you doing dude, embrace the hate and use it to fuel your way to finals mvp
Stop loving around with the press

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
My guess is that KD hates that specific reporter and wanted to make him look dumb.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

EvanTH posted:

Thnk you this is good to know

In fact I would say repeating the lie is the worst crime of all. It shows utter disdain for your audience and it makes it seem like you think you're smarter than everyone else, even though they've probably caught on. You've hit on something important here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Who's going to pay Rudy Gay?
https://twitter.com/albertnahmad/status/874283445823918080

• Locked thread