Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Smiling Jack posted:

I got thirty people six hour probations because I called a poster a little bitch

:happyelf:

For calling notoriously terrible shitposter PCOS Bill a little bitch at that.

Got dang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Why haven't the admins just permabanned PCOS bill yet?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

tastefully arranged labia posted:

Why haven't the admins just permabanned PCOS bill yet?

Because he would just name change and come back. The devil you know.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
He'd namechange and come back and the forum maintenance fund would have another :10bux: so I don't see the downside of permabanning him over and over.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'll make an exception to my cross-forum drama rule for this:
PCOS is the definition of the Loyal Opposition, and he may not even know it.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
lol what

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Thinking about going to a MiLB game today. Iowa Cubs are in town, tickets around $10. No idea how Sky Sox field is laid out, I just want to lay in the grass with Frank somewhere with an outfield view.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'll make an exception to my cross-forum drama rule for this:
PCOS is the definition of the Loyal Opposition, and he may not even know it.

Please, this is my safe space from the Nazi apologist-denier and unironic racism.

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

for some reason goons are so terrified of eating a sixer they'll let a Nazi post in peace

Bj blastowitz and Steve Rogers, my gay grandparents, raised me better

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Smiling Jack posted:

for some reason goons are so terrified of eating a sixer they'll let a Nazi post in peace

Is that a movie line? Because it's a good one.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
It can be pretty hilarious to answer my phone "Tampa Poloce Department, fraud division" when I get a call from an unknown number and likely solicitor.

"Uhhhhh is [my name here] available?"

"Who? What's this regarding?"

"Blah blah blah"

"Sir you know it is Sunday and solicitation calls are illegal on Sunday, correct? Please put me through to your supervisor."

*click*

I don't even know it it's illegal but apparently neither do they.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Tompa Poloce Depotement

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

LingcodKilla posted:

Please, this is my safe space from the Nazi apologist-denier and unironic racism.

Smiling Jack posted:

I stay out of the TFR shitpost thread, so maybe keep your bullshit out of this one?

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

not a problem

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

TBeats posted:

It can be pretty hilarious to answer my phone "Tampa Poloce Department, fraud division" when I get a call from an unknown number and likely solicitor.

"Uhhhhh is [my name here] available?"

"Who? What's this regarding?"

"Blah blah blah"

"Sir you know it is Sunday and solicitation calls are illegal on Sunday, correct? Please put me through to your supervisor."

*click*

I don't even know it it's illegal but apparently neither do they.

I'm living this dream irl its p rad

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Rad Lieutenant posted:

I'm living this dream irl its p rad

Bullshit on the second part

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdrTn15JYgc

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mad Dragon posted:

I stay out of the TFR shitpost thread, so maybe keep your bullshit out of this one?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Woof Blitzer posted:

Bullshit on the second part

just last week some geezer was moments away from wiring $9,600 to a Nigerian prince till the cashier at moneygram told him it was probably a scam. can't really do anything with it since the guy is way outside of US jurisdiction but I spent 4 days calling him and loving with his number till he changed it. Feels like a small victory.

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP
Been spending too much time this weekend watching the Black Panther trailer. Can't wait for next February.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Kuroyama posted:

Been spending too much time this weekend watching the Black Panther trailer. Can't wait for next February.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxWvtMOGAhw

dope as gently caress

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
This is probably an obvious question but car insurers will be able to give me a quote even if I dont have a car I'm ready to buy yet right?

The reason I ask is because one reason I don't have a car is because my insurance was astronomically high at one point. I got a speeding ticket and elected to take the driver class and pay a reduced fine, but Army happened and I forgot to take the driver class and my license got suspended. I didn't know because I got out of the army in the meantime and my address changed several times in the following months, and I got pulled over and got another ticket for driving with a suspended license. The speeding ticket didn't hurt my insurance costs as much as that did. I learned that insurance companies have their own point system, and driving with a suspended license (knowingly or unknowingly) is an eight point ding by USAA.

If my rates haven't lowered then I'll probably hold off for a little while longer since I don't need a car, I just kind of want one.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Yeah, if you specify a year / make / model / etc. along with your own information they'll usually give you a quote. Obviously, that quote would only be good for one of those cars, but it's still something.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My rates went so high after that mishap (over $1800 every six months!!!) that I could probably ask them about a Ferrari and would still be able to gauge if that stuff has gone off my record. I just didn't know if I needed more info than just pulling a random make/model out of my rear end. I'll probably say like an 05 Camry or some poo poo like that.

Seriously, don't drive with a suspended license. That poo poo hurts. Now I'm so paranoid about it that I check if my license is valid every time I rent a car, and I don't even do anything that would put it at risk.

I can't imagine how high my rates would be if I had a DUI on my record.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

run for the hills

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

An equestrian athlete, she's probably got a realistic/life size horse dildo

Duzzy Funlop posted:

run for the hills

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Stole it from reddit, but the depth of the phenomenon is hilarious

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I had a horselady get extremely mad and ask my girlfriend behind my back to put me in check after I commented that the horses should be getting medals at the Olympics, since they're the ones doing most of the work.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
My cousin is a horse trainer. She's relatively normal, she's just one of the most naïve people I know and has a the dating history that proves it.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Dead Reckoning posted:

I had a horselady get extremely mad and ask my girlfriend behind my back to put me in check after I commented that the horses should be getting medals at the Olympics, since they're the ones doing most of the work.

Lmbo good call

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

TBeats posted:

My cousin is a horse trainer. She's relatively normal, she's just one of the most naïve people I know and has a the dating history that proves it.

Still, though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7ToNJHgp-w

Also, watch the video regardless

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Goddamn, American Gods is a really good show.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

don't date horse chicks

source: I'm a SME

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Here's an interesting problem one of my relatives is having:

They live in a deed restricted community. The deed is so strict that they have to use the provided trash can. The one single provided trash can. That isn't enough for a family of four. Even I've needed a second trash can sometimes and I'm just one guy with a dog. They will get some type of HOA fine or some poo poo if they use their own trash can.

So what do they do? They put the trash bag by the trash can on the curb on trash day.

Queue another HOA fine.

The fines aren't huge, and trash runs twice a week so they have managed. But this week they had a party so they had extra trash, and they don't think they should be fined for this because what the gently caress else are they to do?

What should they do? I know nothing of HOA, but this sounds like total bullshit to me.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
move

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The HOA is built into the deed in a binding manner. They agreed to it when they bought it. The only thing they can do is try to get a rule changed, because there's nothing illegal about that type of restriction.

As far as what your family should do if they have more trash than they can fit in the can: 1 - reduce the amount of trash they generate and 2 - since :lol: at 1 ever happening, cart the trash to the nearest dumpster or whatever when their can is full.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
That's about what I figured but like I said I don't know anything about HOA except that I've only ever heard people complain about them.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Literally murder all HOA committees

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

TBeats posted:

That's about what I figured but like I said I don't know anything about HOA except that I've only ever heard people complain about them.

Basically a HOA is built into the deed for the house. The builder usually has some clause in there that gives them full control of the HOA to start and then the only people that come in and take over after are busybodies with too much free time on their hands. Because the HOA is built into the deed, they can place a lien on property, foreclose on it, and sell it at auction for pennies on the dollar to their friends.

• Locked thread