Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
where are the rats

show me the rats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Tiler Kiwi posted:

where are the rats

show me the rats

I'm hoping against hope that they show us the rats tonight at the E3 showing. Maybe.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
we probably still need to power on through the Bad Elves first

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
oh hell yeah, I assumed it was going to be closer to Christmas

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I appreciate their commitment to blocking out the fourth race in the promotional material. :allears:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
So what is missing now ? Tomb Kings, Chaos Demons, Ogre Kingdoms ?

I wonder if these will be DLC or another full game.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Hammerstein posted:

All four flavours of Chaos are supposedly going to be the third game.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Mordja posted:

I appreciate their commitment to blocking out the fourth race in the promotional material. :allears:

Flayed human skin map/book binding/game case played poorly among everyone in the focus groups, so it's HE and Lizard poo poo.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Hammerstein posted:

I think the speculation is Tomb Kings, Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs will be DLC adds. Chaos Demons/expanding Chaos overall will be the focus of game 3 - which sounds pretty boring to me but I'll buy it anyway.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mordja posted:

All four flavours of Chaos are supposedly going to be the third game.

Why on earth not just make it an expansion?

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Chaos Dwarfs or Bust

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Mordja posted:

That strategy guide sure was strategically placed.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

ditty bout my clitty posted:

Why on earth not just make it an expansion?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDwIo5_AMo

Nah but seriously Total War's got a big team of programmers and they gotta get paid. Plus I do not pity the guys that are going to have to model 50 flavors of grisly demons. They might justify the title of a third game if they massively rework how Chaos Corruption and the endgame for the base factions work, and I'd totally understand if people didn't want to include that in their game.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Mordja posted:

I'm so triggered

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
I was hoping for September, but man that's going to be fast.

CA has three months now to fully show off 5 races, so it's going to be a blitz of preview material until release. Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of the Pre-order race at E3.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Also weird that they're titling it Serpent God edition when neither confirmed Lizardman LL has anything to do with Sotek in the ~lore~

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Triskelli posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXDwIo5_AMo

Nah but seriously Total War's got a big team of programmers and they gotta get paid. Plus I do not pity the guys that are going to have to model 50 flavors of grisly demons. They might justify the title of a third game if they massively rework how Chaos Corruption and the endgame for the base factions work, and I'd totally understand if people didn't want to include that in their game.

But but but they can't save a chaos revamp for the third game? I paid a menial amount for this DLC.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Yo, that Gold Edition might be the first collector's thing I ever buy.

I'm a sucker for Aztec looking anything.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

madmac posted:

I was hoping for September, but man that's going to be fast.

CA has three months now to fully show off 5 races, so it's going to be a blitz of preview material until release. Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of the Pre-order race at E3.

We'll find out in a couple hours. Hoping for dark elves and upcoming race pack reveal.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

where are the rats

show me the rats

Hiding behind that strategy guide.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think the speculation is Tomb Kings, Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs will be DLC adds. Chaos Demons/expanding Chaos overall will be the focus of game 3 - which sounds pretty boring to me but I'll buy it anyway.

I strongly suspect the game 4 races are going to be Chaos Dwarfs, Daemons of Chaos, Ogre Kingdoms and Kislev, since CA has the freedom to do non-army book armies and is implementing them.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

ditty bout my clitty posted:

But but but they can't save a chaos revamp for the third game? I paid a menial amount for this DLC.

That's what I'm saying? The four chaos factions line up with the "four races per game" shtick.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Vlex posted:

Flayed human skin map/book binding/game case played poorly among everyone in the focus groups, so it's HE and Lizard poo poo.

Wimps

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

https://i.redd.it/zaddv93zf83z.jpg

They left something on the stickers.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Luminous Cow posted:

Doesn't look like anything to me. :ssh:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Luminous Cow posted:

Sorry, I don't see it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Luminous Cow posted:

I can't help but think this was on purpose to play into the :tinfoil: about the 4th race.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Uh... poo poo... uh...

Here! Look at this gif of a dragon body slamming a T-Rex!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If they're adding more Dawn of War-esque animations for big things killing other big things then it's a preorder for me

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

If they're adding more Dawn of War-esque animations for big things killing other big things then it's a preorder for me

They said they are doing this. I guess they thought two giants smashing each other's toes was silly, too.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

gently caress, this is going to be the best total war ever.

Also, thats gotta be the smallest dragon, Star Dragons are supposed to be 'uge.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Deakul posted:

Uh... poo poo... uh...

Here! Look at this gif of a dragon body slamming a T-Rex!

seems like elves will be cool after all if we get poo poo like this. Didn't someone say the Dark Elves have a bunch of monsters too? I wanna see a hydra use two of its heads to rip a guy in half please.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
I wanna see a dragon get suplexed by a Giant.

And modify attack animations of some existing units to reflect the size of the target they are attacking. This could be minor stuff, like spear dudes pointing their spears upward or fun :black101: stuff like Slayers getting a leap attack that uses the monster's head as the 'target point' so vs Giants they are leaping like 25 feet up into the air trying to decapitate it like a horde of angry fleas.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Jamwad Hilder posted:

seems like elves will be cool after all if we get poo poo like this. Didn't someone say the Dark Elves have a bunch of monsters too? I wanna see a hydra use two of its heads to rip a guy in half please.

Better is going to be the t-rex sync killing the dragon. :getin:

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jamwad Hilder posted:

You are correct, the Dark Elves have a ton of monsters to the point that the mount of choice for most units are giant lizards.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Don't the Dark Elves ride the same Cold Ones that the Lizardmen ride?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Randarkman posted:

Don't the Dark Elves ride the same Cold Ones that the Lizardmen ride?

Yep.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

I love the smell of phoenix fire in the morning.
You know, one time we had a temple bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up and we didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' skink body.
The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole temple... smelled like... victory.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
drat that's nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

As a side note, they're significantly better for Dark Elves than they are for lizardmen. Lizardmen are not exactly lacking in the heavily-armored heavy-hitters department, but it turns out when you put a weedy little elf on the back of a velociraptor they survive being in a melee a lot longer.

• Locked thread