Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Man, somehow whiffed on the "kill boss with an esper" goal of final gathering fight, even though it looked good to me, now I have to decide if 100 nrg is worth taking another crack at it (the moogle is absolutely worth 100nrg to me, I just have no idea what the timing needs to be since they do so little damage).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
I usually use Ifrit for the esper kills because his fire tornado stays out forever before it actually does damage unlike Odin or Titan and once it's out you're golden.

I did summon immediately followed by DR chain. Tornado cane out before the second round of DRs and didn't actually do damage til about 2-3 seconds after the second round finished for overkill damage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Another option is to chip away at the health bar until there's a sliver of red left, then summon Odin. As long as you do not have any counterattack units or an Olive with mortar shell, you are fine. And by god, please force close the app if you gently caress it up so you can try again.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TMMiQ29cpQk

:quagmire:

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
This loving game...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

WTF

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Someone at Alim really pushing the selfcest fetish.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Storyline spoilers: Later on, Fina and Dark Fina merge to become a single consciousness. Fina's bubbly personality, with all of Dark Fina's memories and powers (among other things).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Well that explains the OP season 2 moveset at least.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Varance posted:

Storyline spoilers: Later on, Fina and Dark Fina merge to become a single consciousness. Fina's bubbly personality, with all of Dark Fina's memories and powers (among other things).

You mean the Finas aren't really kissing and making out? It's all a giant metaphor?

:flaccid:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Palleon posted:

Man, somehow whiffed on the "kill boss with an esper" goal of final gathering fight, even though it looked good to me, now I have to decide if 100 nrg is worth taking another crack at it (the moogle is absolutely worth 100nrg to me, I just have no idea what the timing needs to be since they do so little damage).

I messed that up too. Looks like I'm running again tomorrow (or late today). I thought the timing looked right too. Fire tornado appeared before he was dead.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost
White Lotus Fina is the first unit to get a 100 on Altema, 14.5 on Famitsu. Perfect score.

Passives: She's got dualcast. She's got auto-refresh. She gains spirit when equipped with a cane or bow, or gains magic when equipped with a rod or whip. She's also immune to petrification, sleep, silence and paralysis.
Healing: She's got an AoE heal + Esunaga. She's got an AoE 100% Raise. She's got a 20% chance to counter with Curaja. Spells: Arise, Esunaga, Reraise, Curaja
Offense: She's got Dark Fina's Dystopia. She's got a 5.25x version of Holy. She's got a 3.6x AoE version of Holy. She counters with a 2.1x AoE version of Holy. Spells: Aspir, Ultima
Support: She's got an ATK/DEF up 80% that also puts up a 45% elemental veil effect. She's got AoE mana regen. She's got entrust. She's got an AoE burst charger with regen. Spells: Dispelga, Libra
Debuff: She's got a small chance to charm as a counter.
Trust: A hat that adds a ton of magic and spirit, plus immunity to all stats. One of the best trusts to date.

Kunsira (cat with the samurai sword) is a non-lovely Bedile. Has Firaja/Thundaja/Blizzaja/Aeroja/Holy Sword, plus an enhanced version of Garland's moveset. Powerful, on par with Tidus in terms of damage, but able to harness everything but dark-element. Trust is a materia that boosts attack when equipped with a sword and magic when equipped with a robe, which is ideal for hybrids.

Doggo (Wadow) is a hybrid DPS/support that's kinda similar to Wakka. Nothing special. Trust is a belt with +45 MAG, which is what you'd want him for.

Awyn is an ice sword user. 5* base, but has a nice trust reward in the form of a +110 ATK ice-element katana that has a mini-Legend Killer effect attached.

Varance fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jun 12, 2017

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
When did they decide this game should go from "Decent story where you can summon nostalgia FF characters" to "anime stereotype fanservice extravaganza"

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

McSpankWich posted:

When did they decide this game should go from "Decent story where you can summon nostalgia FF characters" to "anime stereotype fanservice extravaganza"

When they added Final Fantasy, presumably.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Varance posted:

Healing: She's got an AoE heal + Esunaga. She's got an AoE 100% Raise. She's got a 20% chance to counter with Curaja. Spells: Arise, Esunaga, Reraise, Curaja

She actually has Curada as her base healing spell, so even more silly.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Nap Ghost

McSpankWich posted:

It's always been like that, alternating between Brave Exvius characters and crossover characters tied to a point of sale release like FF15: Kingsglaive, FF15, Stormblood, Episode Gladio, Mana Collection, FF12 Zodiac Age. With that said, I expect the next batch of characters will either be FF15 to match up with Episode Prompto or FF12 to match up with Zodiac Age (probably both).

Square is treating Exvius as its own mainline title these days, probably because the download number is in the millions on the JP side.

AegisP posted:

She actually has Curada as her base healing spell, so even more silly.

Oh yeah, I always forget there a difference fore cure spells. In JP, it goes Cure, Cura, Curada, Curaga, Curaja. For us it's Cure, Cura, Curaga, Curaja, Curada. Not sure, but I want to say that Curada is a 100% heal to everyone.

Varance fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jun 12, 2017

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The global release is doing pretty well all things considered, they cited it in their recent financial report as a big success (whilst ignoring Mobius and Record Keeper). Seems like the whales are biting.

iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja

Varance posted:

White Lotus Fina is the first unit to get a 100 on Altema, 14.5 on Famitsu. Perfect score.

Passives: She's got dualcast. She's got auto-refresh. She gains spirit when equipped with a cane or bow, or gains magic when equipped with a rod or whip. She's also immune to petrification, sleep, silence and paralysis.
Offense: She's got Dark Fina's Dystopia. She's got a 5.25x version of Holy. She's got a 3.6x AoE version of Holy. She counters with a 2.1x AoE version of Holy. Spells: Aspir, Ultima
Support: She's got an ATK/DEF up 80% that also puts up a 45% elemental veil effect. She's got AoE mana regen. She's got entrust. She's got an AoE burst charger with regen. Spells: Dispelga, Libra
Trust: A hat that adds a ton of magic and spirit, plus immunity to all stats. One of the best trusts to date.

holy poo poo

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Varance posted:

Kunsira (cat with the samurai sword) is a non-lovely Bedile. Has Firaja/Thundaja/Blizzaja/Aeroja/Holy Sword, plus an enhanced version of Garland's moveset. Powerful, on par with Tidus in terms of damage, but able to harness everything but dark-element. Trust is a materia that boosts attack when equipped with a sword and magic when equipped with a robe, which is ideal for hybrids.

Doggo (Wadow) is a hybrid DPS/support that's kinda similar to Wakka. Nothing special. Trust is a belt with +45 MAG, which is what you'd want him for.

Awyn is an ice sword user. 5* base, but has a nice trust reward in the form of a +110 ATK ice-element katana that has a mini-Legend Killer effect attached.

Good to see we continue to be big believers in power creep. Guess it sells!

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

HGH posted:

The global release is doing pretty well all things considered, they cited it in their recent financial report as a big success (whilst ignoring Mobius and Record Keeper). Seems like the whales are biting.

Not surprising that Mobius wasn't mentioned, that game really went down the shitter.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Varance posted:

Run a Bladeblitz team. Free wins versus most mage teams right now.

Emperor can still Starfall, Exdeath can still Wicked Light, Dark Fina can still Dystopia, etc.

Yeah, Trance Terra, Rem, And Dark Fina all have something useful to do that isn't Black Magic. Ling and Cecil are carrying on as usual (Cecil is useless but can take a hit.) So I haven't really had to make and changes to my Arena team.

I've a question: what did Fohlen get as a global enhancement?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Tagichatn posted:

Not surprising that Mobius wasn't mentioned, that game really went down the shitter.
Yeah, that game got real abusive, real fast. Found the image I was referring to:

Similar abusive game KHUX seems to be doing fine though. God that game is predatory.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
How good is Bartz? I'm looking at Wind Shear and I'm thinking it could fit in well with Fohlen as a chain finisher.

Chaitai
Apr 15, 2006
Nope. I got nothin' witty to go here.

College Slice
Is there some sort of chain calculator or something? How do you know when to activate certain people to get the biggest chain? I just properly started the game (after rerolling more than I care to admit) and my party is now this: 5* Orlandeau, 5* Y'shtolla, 4* Minfillia, 4* Amelia, and 4* Sozhe.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Chaitai posted:

Is there some sort of chain calculator or something? How do you know when to activate certain people to get the biggest chain? I just properly started the game (after rerolling more than I care to admit) and my party is now this: 5* Orlandeau, 5* Y'shtolla, 4* Minfillia, 4* Amelia, and 4* Sozhe.

You just need to practice with your team. I know how to chain off double terras with all the top tier friends. With orlandu friends I press DR first then about a half a second later I press both in rapid succession that usually gets 32 hit combo. With Olive friends I wait for her to pull down her trigger before I press both terras, that usually means the olive hits around combo 18-19. No eileen friends (yet, come her enhancements I'm assuming whales will switch to her) but with my own elieen hit both terras and then eileen about a second later.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Hey just wanted to :respek: the other members of the "Haha you thought that Ifrit going off after the second wave of DR hits would count as an esper kill" club

WebDO fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 12, 2017

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.
tossed another three tickets at the banner today and got fohlen

wish he had better gear options

still trying to figure out his chain timing with orlandu

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cry Havoc posted:

tossed another three tickets at the banner today and got fohlen

wish he had better gear options

still trying to figure out his chain timing with orlandu

His frames are something like 10-10-10-10-10 etc. so he doesn't seem to match up well with Cid. Though he does perfectly match Reberta's Mystic Thrust which is also a 10 frame gap chain move.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I really don't get the frame thing. Speaks to my inexperience in this stuff

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

hagie posted:

I really don't get the frame thing. Speaks to my inexperience in this stuff

Think of the game as a giant flipbook. You get animations by flipping through the pages fast so they look animated.

Let's assume that the game displays 60 frames per second. That means every frame represents 1/60th of a second. When a move is described as:

25-10-10

It means that from activation to the first hit, it takes 25 frames (or 25 * 1/6 = 4.167 seconds) and the 2nd and subsequent hit has a 10 frame gap (or 10 * 1/6 = 1.67 seconds). It basically describes the timing of the various hits in a given move.

Chains occur when hits land within 10 (I think) frames of each other. Chains break when hits land outside of that window or if a single unit lands consecutive hits.

So if you have someone who has a move with frame data 3-3-3-3 and try to chain it with someone who has 10-10-10-10, you'll see that it'll break since the first unit will have 2+ consecutive hits land.

If you have a unit that has 7-7-5-7-7-7-7 (Orlandeau's Divine Ruination) and compare it to Fohlens move which is 10-10-10-10-10-10-10, you can quickly see that they might be incompabitle for creating a perfect chain.

Edit: Some pretty outdated frame data here - https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/5dbam6/jp_multihit_chain_referencehit_data/

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Jun 12, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9mhlFlslZlc&ab_channel=BabyBread

revenge.youtube

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I hope they never get too mad at FFRK... it's a bit more simplistic than FFBE, but it has extremely generous devs for a f2p game and it hits nostalgia notes pretty well.

Both it and FFBE are genuinely fun, I'd be sad if either went away anytime soon :ohdear:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

WebDO posted:

Hey just wanted to :respek: the other members of the "Haha you thought that Ifrit going off after the second wave of DR hits would count as an esper kill" club

At this point, I don't know what to do. I tried it again this afternoonwith shiva, waiting for the video to start before my chain.

Still missed it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McSpankWich posted:

During their initial discussions with Square Enix.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Servaetes posted:

I hope they never get too mad at FFRK... it's a bit more simplistic than FFBE, but it has extremely generous devs for a f2p game and it hits nostalgia notes pretty well.

Both it and FFBE are genuinely fun, I'd be sad if either went away anytime soon :ohdear:

Yea, I hope they continue to support both of them.

I enjoy FFBE for the sprite work and getting my turn-based fix in. But FFRK provides me with a lot more interesting boss battles, and crazy player abilities in general.

Cry Havoc
May 10, 2004

This cyberpunk cartoon avatar is pretty dang ol' good, I tell you what.

dangerous.hotdog posted:

His frames are something like 10-10-10-10-10 etc. so he doesn't seem to match up well with Cid. Though he does perfectly match Reberta's Mystic Thrust which is also a 10 frame gap chain move.

managed to reach 40 with my fohlen+du together with a friend du

but yeah the timing is super tight/lucky to pull that off

wondering if that holy lance from fat chocobo is worth buying to add light to the attacks, it is 100 star quartz

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

AegisP posted:

I enjoy FFBE for the sprite work and getting my turn-based fix in. But FFRK provides me with a lot more interesting boss battles, and crazy player abilities in general.

FFBE/FFRK collab, it's time!

FFRK fans, who'll say no to Bedile as a Spellblade user?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

AegisP posted:

See, I guess I just shouldn't have played FFRK at the start, I guess? Because the battle system seemed completed simplistic and boring, people were the exact same for the most part since all abilities had to be equipped, boss fights were "Hope you have Retaliate cheese"....

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
^^^ The fights are a bit better in it now but I cannot imagine the skill honing hell required to do U+ or Apoc fights without having Wall/Shout/Asylum/etc top-tier soul breaks to use in those fights.

Armitage posted:

FFBE/FFRK collab, it's time!

FFRK fans, who'll say no to Bedile as a Spellblade user?

Me. And the Bedile I got from my 1/2 pull today. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

An incredibly slow budget build for solo carrying Ultros trial:

The first round, Thunder Flask -> Alterna -> Point Warp until he's dead.
Second Round is slightly more complicated.
- First, use an eyedrop to cure the blind you ended up with. (DO THIS, using a break first will result in you getting Snorted!)
- Warp Break spam on Chupon.
- When Chupon takes a deep breath, Point-Warp.
- You will end up taking damage from various elemental attacks, but Ultros's spammed autos will trigger enough damage warp to heal you back. Usually.
- If you are either extremely low on HP OR you just got hit by Hailstorm (Graviga non-element), you will need to emergency Point-Warp to heal up. Try to stay above 3000 HP to prevent RNG death.
- After Chupon is dead, same rules apply, just stay healthy and keep plugging away.

I have my Noctis set up for this currently. Don't forget to bring someone for Libra!

e: new info about Ultros fight that might make it a lot safer.
- his Hailstorm attack in Round 2 is predictable.
- after he's under 50% HP, he'll use it every four turns, so defend that turn (or jump)

If this build had another Ring of the Lucii and an Air Knife or Survival Edges or other wind element weapon, it could auto attack it's way to victory.

In completely unrelated news, I am a big dummy who loses track of Chupon's deep breaths in all the Holy triggers. I know this is possible to do, other people have reported success! I'm gonna do it, thank you for keeping your Noctis up, Dana

That Ling friend from GameFAQs lacks the self-healing ability of Noctis, but does have Survival Edges. Couldn't do Ultros, but I was able to get the good stuff for Orlandeu for the Dark Espers, got a 846 ATK Cid with a Stone Killer and Odin for the event like a big boy and everything, which I have set as my friend unit.

• Locked thread