Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mordja posted:

Well, I need to lose weight and I'm stupid as hell, but I'm going to need someone to explain this "happiness" concept to me.

Imagine... a cherry pie and a cup of coffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It's money.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

I dunno, that Notch guy seems pretty fuckin miserable!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

CJacobs posted:

He's even talked about how lonely he is in his gumball ranch lol

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Lurdiak posted:

People are clowning on that Last Night guy really hard on twitter.

I'm deeply sorry for using my monkey's paw to wish for another Flashback remake

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

The money is the seed, the catalyst, the culture. You need to know how to properly use it to achieve happiness.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

glam rock hamhock posted:

Anyways, my plans for the day are to go to my local cinema and see the new Alien movie and then see the Sony Press Conference. Will today be a day of joy, horrible disappointment or and interesting combination of both? Only time will tell!

First one, then the other.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
code:
> buy weed

What kind of weed would you like to buy?

> buy good weed

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
>Go North

edit: >Get ye pipe

Serf
May 5, 2011

CJacobs posted:

we should take his money

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Someone should remake Citizen Kane with Notch

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

>Go North

edit: >Get ye pipe

You can't get ye pipe

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
My face when I suddenly realize that there is inevitably going to be a movie about the Minecraft story :stonklol:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

I've been wanting to play code of princess, idgaf if it's considered not-great or anything. They'd better include the rest of the CoP cast in there though :P Sister Hel and the egyptian cat merchant and the necromancer in particular

glam rock hamhock posted:

Here thread, have some anime

That looks like the thief character next to the princess.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

precision posted:

My face when I suddenly realize that there is inevitably going to be a movie about the Minecraft story :stonklol:

I bet it'll be interesting.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Wamdoodle posted:

That looks like the thief character next to the princess.

Yeah, and Master T in the mask, and the vid mentioned Hel as well.

The Code Of Princess fighting game (and also some other characters I guess)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

It looked absolutely atrocious from what they showed, which should not even remotely be a surprise considering it came from the team that did Blade Arcus.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

precision posted:

The Asocial Network

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
That dude needs to get out more.

Yakuza Zero has become our evening soap opera in Chez Pool. Kiryu is so pure. :allears:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

precision posted:

There was already an Angry Birds movie, it can't be worse than that.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There already is a Minecraft/Mojang documentary, but it was made in 2012 and so it is unfortunately from before it was discovered that Notch is a shithead

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
between far cry and wolfenstein 2 i'm enjoying how on the nose some devs are being about the fact that white nationalists and fascists should be knifed in the balls repeatedly

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You know far cry is more of a Scientology thing, right? There are black cult members.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Grapplejack posted:

You know far cry is more of a Scientology thing, right? There are black cult members.

I wish game developers (and everyone else) weren't so afraid of Scientology suing them literally to death

related: I wish the church of Scientology would stop ruining people's lives

Serf
May 5, 2011

ubisoft is not gonna have a game where you confront the seething racial animus that boils just underneath the surface of american culture because that would actually be interesting

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

precision posted:

Minecraft: Story Mode: An Episodic Series by Telltale Games: The Movie

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Quest For Glory II posted:

Minecraft: Story Mode: An Episodic Series by Telltale Games: The Movie

Notch walking down an endless corridor lined on both sides by comically large candy dispensers full of rotting jelly beans. Every ten steps he stops to call a woman a oval office online.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Serf posted:

ubisoft is not gonna have a game where you confront the seething racial animus that boils just underneath the surface of american culture because that would actually be interesting

Deus Ex Mankind Divided tried it and it turns out it's a terrible idea

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

precision posted:

I wish game developers (and everyone else) weren't so afraid of Scientology suing them literally to death

related: I wish the church of Scientology would stop ruining people's lives

Fake scientology was in watch dogs 2 I think

Serf
May 5, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Deus Ex Mankind Divided tried it and it turns out it's a terrible idea

the "mechanical apartheid" is one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. do it right, not dumb and bad

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Serf posted:

the "mechanical apartheid" is one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. do it right, not dumb and bad

I don't think video games have enough space and time to provide the nuance to say anything other than "maybe both sides are bad..........."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

corn in the bible posted:

Yes, you dress up as a fake scientologist and give a movie star a fake e-reading

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

It was definitely in GTA5

Serf
May 5, 2011

CJacobs posted:

I don't think video games have enough space and time to provide the nuance to say anything other than "maybe both sides are bad..........."

pretty narrow way of thinking about an art form

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Yes, you dress up as a fake scientologist and give a movie star a fake e-reading

"fake" e-reading :ironicat:

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Seems like with all the other stuff you have to do to make a proper video game come together "good writing" usually gets left by the wayside. Usually fine, but things can get downright embarrassing if they try to tackle something they just can't handle

I guess alternately you kinda tell a story by way of what the game is like to play- oppressive atmosphere in Dark Souls comes to mind

Erata
May 11, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Motto posted:

He's even talked about how lonely he is in his gumball ranch lol

Gumball Rancher, the mobile ripoff of Slime Rancher.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

precision posted:

"fake" e-reading :ironicat:

Nice avatar-post alignment :)

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

gently caress...poo poo...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Serf posted:

pretty narrow way of thinking about an art form

It's more about what's feasible than what's possible. Yeah it's probably possible to make a nuanced story so complex that it provides an interesting social commentary and a message that can be easily understood while also saying a lot of poignant stuff. But it's not feasible because the game only has a small amount of time/space to deliver that message to you, not to mention the skill it'd take to implement such a message.

Erata posted:

Gumball Rancher, the mobile ripoff of Slime Rancher.

I would play this.

• Locked thread