Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

docbeard posted:

Cats. Convince them that feeding time is first thing in the morning, and you will never sleep through your alarm again.

Cats are crepuscular and need to be up before dawn always so are very reliable that way. Also reliable is drinking heavily. Once you're fully in the bag and ready to pass out you have 5 hours. Just make sure you're loaded by 1am and you'll be bright tailed and bushy eyed by six.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug
Android Apps: alcoholic cat collectors screening wakeup calls from their moms

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

syscall girl posted:

Just make sure you're loaded by 1am and you'll be bright tailed and bushy eyed by six.

Pro strat

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

syscall girl posted:

Cats are crepuscular and need to be up before dawn always so are very reliable that way. Also reliable is drinking heavily. Once you're fully in the bag and ready to pass out you have 5 hours. Just make sure you're loaded by 1am and you'll be bright tailed and bushy eyed by six.

This but by noon.

vv Same but Wednesdays.

ClassActionFursuit fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Jun 12, 2017

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I'm starting to get old, I can't seem to shake off being drunk like I used to, Sundays are the worst

sweart gliwere
Jul 5, 2005

better to die an evil wizard,
than to live as a grand one.
Pillbug

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm starting to get old, I can't seem to shake off being drunk like I used to, Sundays are the worst

Keep working at it, and eventually you'll be able to start shaking it off after a couple of hours with no hooch :cheers:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

sweart gliwere posted:

Keep working at it, and eventually you'll be able to start shaking it off after a couple of hours with no hooch :cheers:

But then what will I do for fun?

effika
Jun 19, 2005
Birds do not want you to know any more than you already do.
I signed into Facebook Messenger for about an hour yesterday, then decided to uninstall it when I kept getting contacts "waving" at me.

I've uninstalled it, logged out of it on Facebook, yet I still get these idiots waving at me via messages on Facebook. It never happened before signing into Messenger.

Anything I can do app-wise to stop it? Or am I just going to have to deal with knowing all my Facebook friends are idiots forever?

Edit: signed in, signed out, and went to Facebook to log out the session. Hopefully that has fixed it.

effika fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jun 12, 2017

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

effika posted:

I signed into Facebook Messenger for about an hour yesterday, then decided to uninstall it when I kept getting contacts "waving" at me.

I've uninstalled it, logged out of it on Facebook, yet I still get these idiots waving at me via messages on Facebook. It never happened before signing into Messenger.

Anything I can do app-wise to stop it? Or am I just going to have to deal with knowing all my Facebook friends are idiots forever?

Edit: signed in, signed out, and went to Facebook to log out the session. Hopefully that has fixed it.

What do you mean by "waving" ??

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nimper posted:

What do you mean by "waving" ??

It's the new facebook "poke"

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!
Has anyone had any issues with e-mail notifications lately? I'm using Inbox and my wife is using Gmail and 95% of the time we won't get notifications on new e-mails coming in. Sync is on, notifications are on, I even set the apps up as "not optimized" in the battery optimization settings.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I routinely don't get email notifications in the morning. I'll wake up and not get any, then get an email later in the day and see emails from hours ago in the notification that I didn't know were there. It happens sometime during the day, but less often.

It doesn't make much sense to me as I, too, have Gmail excluded from battery optimization and it'll miss emails that come in as I'm actively using my phone.

I also have issues with Calendar notifications sometimes. I have appointments both alert me and send me an email, so it's extra infuriating when both fail.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Today, I got the notification that Hangouts was no longer supported for SMS. I switched to Android Messenger, and set it as my default SMS client. Then I got a text message in Hangouts. Maybe because I'm on Fi?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

It should still work with Fi, just not with other people's poo poo. At least that's what Reddit is saying.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Inbox recently asked me if I only wanted to receive important notifications and I kinda absent mindedly said OK and then got almost no notifications until I factory reset my phone for an unrelated reason and made sure not to say OK that time. Maybe you guys did that?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I have been using Snapseed recently and the auto tuning is cool and good

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

datajosh posted:

Has anyone had any issues with e-mail notifications lately? I'm using Inbox and my wife is using Gmail and 95% of the time we won't get notifications on new e-mails coming in. Sync is on, notifications are on, I even set the apps up as "not optimized" in the battery optimization settings.

Uthor posted:

I routinely don't get email notifications in the morning. I'll wake up and not get any, then get an email later in the day and see emails from hours ago in the notification that I didn't know were there. It happens sometime during the day, but less often.

I get this also. Kinda sucks.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Someone modified the Pixel Lanucher to work on any phone, no root or mods required.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Looks like Nova can now do the slide-left-for-Google-Now things. http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/06/14/exclusive-nova-launcher-finally-gets-google-now-integration-apk-download/

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh this is AWESOME news, hell yeah Nova

e: holy poo poo it works perfectly! (on the beta Nova launcher)

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jun 14, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Just tried it out and wow, looks and feels just like a google launcher in regards to Now swipe. This was the one thing keeping me off 3rd party launchers.

Seriously, its perfect.

e: aside from the annoying beta/sideload crap

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

And it can hide apps from the app drawer which google stubbornly refuses to allow

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I just sideloaded the Beta for Nova and enabled the Google Home swipe thing, but now I'm getting a persistent unread notification badge my Google app. Anyone else experiencing this?

Also, it's worth noting that the swipe to Google Now won't work if you have infinite scroll enabled.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

That was the one thing stopping me using it, might have to give it another go

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino

Blue Train posted:

I have been using Snapseed recently and the auto tuning is cool and good

I love Snapseed. It works well for small tweaks and also for really freaky overprocessing. It does pretty much everything the various Photoshop apps do but in one place

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Just tried it out and wow, looks and feels just like a google launcher in regards to Now swipe. This was the one thing keeping me off 3rd party launchers.

Seriously, its perfect.

e: aside from the annoying beta/sideload crap

aaaaaaaaaaaand the honey moon is over. Twice so far today its needed a force restart to allow swipe left for Now

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Maker Of Shoes posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaand the honey moon is over. Twice so far today its needed a force restart to allow swipe left for Now

Yup it's breaking constantly for me. UGH

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
You guys using infinite scroll by any chance? People are saying that needs to be disabled.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Incessant Excess posted:

You guys using infinite scroll by any chance? People are saying that needs to be disabled.

Nope, it's just not there :( Tried reinstalling that APK, restarting launcher, restarting phone, uggghghghghghghhgh

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
That's a shame, hopefully they'll nail those things down as they move out of beta.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Yeah I removed it as the default. Super disappointing, hope it gets worked out.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Any chance this was Google once it was announced that Pixel Launcher installs were being used as a metric for (sub-par) Pixel sales?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

porkface posted:

Any chance this was Google once it was announced that Pixel Launcher installs were being used as a metric for (sub-par) Pixel sales?

No.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Can I get a recommendation for a voice recording app? I guess the most important feature would be that it be easy to activate.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Can I get a recommendation for a voice recording app? I guess the most important feature would be that it be easy to activate.

See if you can get one that automatically starts recording whenever someone says "bigly". That's in high demand these days.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

I use this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.splendapps.voicerec

You can set it to start recording as soon as you open the app

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Are there any legit SMS recovery tools?

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

Farchanter posted:

Are there any legit SMS recovery tools?

Recovery from what?

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

nimper posted:

Recovery from what?

My girlfriend restarted her phone and all of her SMS threads were gone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Farchanter posted:

My girlfriend restarted her phone and all of her SMS threads were gone.

Uhhhhh thats not normal