Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Our local populist party had a leadership vote during the weekend, which resulted in the election of a hardcore far-right nationalist bozo as the party chairman and the party getting kicked out of goverment. Oh, it also meant the collapse of the current governing coaliton :toot:

quote:

Speaking at a press conference Monday afternoon, Prime Minister Juha Sipilä said that governing coalition members would always have differing values. However he noted that with a new chair at the helm of the Finns Party, those differences had grown larger, and would pose a risk to government's ability to function.

"We've already had to stretch our value base to its extreme, and now those value differences are even bigger," Sipilä said.

Sipilä told journalists that during discussions with new Finns Party leader Jussi Halla-aho, the trio discussed his intention to function as party chair and member of the government coalition from Brussels, where he is currently serving as a Member of the European Parliament. According to Sipilä, Halla-aho proposed relying on the party's vice chairs and the party leadership.

The PM said that the coalition partners also reviewed Halla-aho's potential nominees for ministerial positions following a cabinet reshuffle. Sipilä noted that while Halla-aho did not provide any names, he was able to surmise that potential candidates would not inspire confidence.

"I will therefore go to the President and ask him to dissolve the government," Sipilä declared. He added that once Parliament is dissolved, he would begin discussions aimed at assembling a new coalition as soon as possible.
Minister of Finance and National Coalition Party leader Petteri
Orpo also weighed in on the government crisis, emphasising that unassailable human rights should be every government party's concern.

"Human rights are the bedrock of modern Western democracy, not an issue of political correctness or party liturgy," he said in the presser. "The current government programme is based on these values, and the NCP will only join a coalition whose members stands by these values."

Orpo, like Sipilä, thanked Halla-aho for an open discussion, but also remarked that many questions remain unanswered and that Halla-aho's way of speaking about immigration – the new Finns Party leader's main platform – was "difficult to accept or even understand".

"We want to conduct humane politics for the Finnish people, where everyone is respected equally," Orpo said. "We will follow the government programme as closely as possible."

https://yle.fi/uutiset/osasto/news/pm_sipila_govt_collapsed_over_sharper_differences_with_finns_party/9665375

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

Incoming investor lawsuits as Uber CEO is on a leave of absence. I think after losing yet another billion dollars according to their non-gaap accounting that shareholders have had enough. I don't see uber sticking around for much longer and the promise of "self driving ubers" is loving fantasy especially after google finishes suing them into the dirt.

And all of this after they finally got around to paying off some rear end in a top hat rep here in Texas to push through an anti-"gently caress you, Uber" bill last session.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
People are flipping out over Facebook having a gay pride reaction option for gay pride month.

WHERES MY STRAIGHT PRIDE FLAG AT?????

What would a straight pride flag even look like?

Oh and Melania and Barron moved into the White House finally.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

TBeats posted:

People are flipping out over Facebook having a gay pride reaction option for gay pride month.

A giant hard cock and vagina glistening with fluid. Gotta really communicate what you stand for. None of this homo rainbow stuff.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
9th Circuit of Appeals just ruled that Donnie can go gently caress himself on his travel ban.

https://twitter.com/daviddesola/status/874311782311104513

So now the 4th circuit and the 9th circuit agree that Donnie can go gently caress himself and the 4th circuit's opinion is being appealed to the Supreme Court already.

lol the Supreme Court might punt this thing and leave the Donnie loss intact

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

TBeats posted:

Oh and Melania and Barron moved into the White House finally.

But change the black guy to a rainbow

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

9th Circuit of Appeals just ruled that Donnie can go gently caress himself on his travel ban.

So now the 4th circuit and the 9th circuit agree that Donnie can go gently caress himself and the 4th circuit's opinion is being appealed to the Supreme Court already.

If SCOTUS punts, expect a trickle, then a flood, of Justices reporting inappropriate phone calls from Trump.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

psydude posted:

It's more about whether he helped Trump obstruct justice and why he was involved influence firing Comey.

Right, but Sessions will just lie like a cheap rug no matter what. I seriously doubt he's going to admit to anything that even resembles obstruction or collusion.

'I do not recall what, if anything, was said, Senator.'

edit:
'ATTORNEY GENERAL SESSIONS, DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED FBI DIRECTOR FIRED?!'

BigDave fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Jun 12, 2017

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Bombers meeting the neighbors.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

BigDave posted:

Right, but Sessions will just lie like a cheap rug no matter what. I seriously doubt he's going to admit to anything that even resembles obstruction or collusion.

'I do not recall what, if anything, was said, Senator.'

It blows my tiny little mind that the wider immediate reaction to forgetful politicians isn't "If your memory is that bad, you're obviously not capable of doing your job."

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mlmp08 posted:

One of these things is not like the others...

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

BUG JUG posted:

combat mum and utility kilt man make a cameo in the video!

edit: upon further viewing i think just utility kilt makes it. combat mum in this one is a different combat mum.

quote:

Mexican Oath Cuck named Carlos Leija (illegal alien criminal) chokes a member of the Alt-Right for his dank memes and Sonnenrad Black Sun US Flag in Houston, Texas. Not only is this unprovoked assault against his free speech but the Mexican had a rifle on him while he did it. This rally was to defend Sam Houston for being a slave owner. So much for the first amendment. Let's get the illegal alien beaner Carlos Leija locked up and have his guns taken away! More footage of the Oath Keepers vs Alt-Right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGe36...

quote:

it just sank in how hosed up this situation is. A bunch of people protecting a statue, not because its part of European culture in the United States but because muh history just had an illegal immigrant assault this man who is standing up for white culture while a white empowered feminist oval office bitches nonstop at him and a fat loving cuckservative threatens him saying "your getting out of here one way or another". its like poetry. it rhymes

:shepicide:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Sexual Lorax posted:

It blows my tiny little mind that the wider immediate reaction to forgetful politicians isn't "If your memory is that bad, you're obviously not capable of doing your job."

I've always wondered how far someone can push the 'too dumb to remember' defense before it becomes outright perjury.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

TBeats posted:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

BigDave posted:

I've always wondered how far someone can push the 'too dumb to remember' defense before it becomes outright perjury.

It seemed like Reagan was in this zone in his Iran-Contra testimony. Then decades later we found out he actually had Alzheimer's.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
In non-Trump news, the Bill Cosby rape trial is wrapping up today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...omepage%2Fstory

His lawyer is using the 'bitches be crazy gold diggers' defense.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

facialimpediment posted:

If SCOTUS actually picks it up I expect it to be an 8-1 or maybe 7-2 if Thomas is feeling like a total prick that day.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

tastefully arranged labia posted:

One of these things is not like the others...

One's rolling coal? :downs:

"Sonnenrad Black Sun US Flag"

American Neo-Nazis can't even come up with their own dumb symbolism, and instead steal from other dumb Neo-Nazi groups. CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874309225647886336
Holy loving poo poo :stare:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Not bad, HuffPo.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/SenSchumer/status/874327317748883456

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Pesky Russians photobombing nice formation. :argh:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

loving Schumer throwing more shade than an eclipse.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Zeroisanumber posted:

Not bad, HuffPo.

Are his suit jackets just stupendously long, or does he wear an overcoat at all times? What the hell?

e: Maybe he just goes for Morning Dress?

Immanentized fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jun 12, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Immanentized posted:

Are his suit jackets just stupendously long, or does he wear an over coat at all times? What the hell?
He just came back from getting peed on.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Immanentized posted:

Are his suit jackets just stupendously long, or does he wear an overcoat at all times? What the hell?

Overcoats help to hide how fat he is.

If you look at his clothing, you'll realize that concealing that he's a fatass is 90% of what it's doing all of the time.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Immanentized posted:

Trump fat

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

Trump fat

He needs to give up and buy the appropriate wardrobe

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009
Senatorial Robes making a comeback?

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

quote:

British Prime Minister Theresa May could be under pressure to give extreme Eurosceptic Nigel Farage a key role in Brexit negotiations if she strikes an alliance deal with Northern Ireland's Democratic Unionist Party (DUP), according to new reports.

Senior figures in the DUP have told May that she should keep Farage close and allow him to contribute to EU talks in an effort to prevent him from returning to the helm of UKIP, the party he once led, and launching a counter-campaign against her Conservative party, sources told the Sunday Times.

:piss:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/12/nigel-farage-to-gain-brexit-role-under-dup-conservative-deal--reports.html

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

why is british politics so self destructive I mean the republicans are just good ol' racism combined with tea party ayn rand crazy but what is their excuse

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Reverand maynard posted:

why is british politics so self destructive I mean the republicans are just good ol' racism combined with tea party ayn rand crazy but what is their excuse

Too much generational inbreeding.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

BigDave posted:

Too much generational inbreeding.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
What am I missing about British politics? Isn't getting an electoral mudhole stomped in your rear end supposed to be cause for reevaluation? Why would THAT be your response?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Say something else about British politics. Lord Buckethead dares you.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Well to be fair we have Vermin Supreme.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVyY0Su4JY

Yeah I know there is a thread for it, but one of the planes is firing a laser.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KVyY0Su4JY

Yeah I know there is a thread for it, but one of the planes is firing a laser.

Where is Grover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Waroduce posted:

Where is Grover
In a tomb of his own devising.

• Locked thread