Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Burkion posted:

Chit, I was both the dude you gave the 10 second head start to, and the Tommy who dueled you to save the nerds.

Speaking of GOON TALES- THE TALES OF CHAD

We had two expert Chad Tales this time around, where everyone went Chad. I died tragically early in the first Chaddening, and was then witness to Last Dancer chadding harder than any Chad should ever Chad, as he hosed around in the closet the entire goddamn time until only one person else was left. Then he left the closet to call Tommy, and at that point, a pact was made in the Chadderlife.

Who so ever respawned as Tommy would gun Last Dancer down.

Last Dancer then reinforced this by loving off into the goddamn ocean and just sitting there at the exit, with the Jason of that round completely clueless. The hero Silver Nova found him and his treacherous Chad ways, and after some finagling, managed to gun the brute down.

We then had round two of the Chaddening and the Chaddest thing ever happened. So I hooked up with Silver I believe, and we saw the boat being worked on. I found the propeller, and saw the two working on it hosed off.

So we ran to the boat, but as I was fixing it, Last Dancer rolls up and puts a bear trap right next to me. So I gently caress up the repair a dozen times to try and get Jason to come the gently caress over- Jason rolls up as I finish it, Last Dancer gets in the boat, I disarm the trap and then get axed to death, and Silver is slaughtered while Last Dancer rides off into the Chaddiest sunset.

He maximum Chadded us. No anger could be had.

Also PSA- If Burk comes up to Jason and says that he wants to make a deal, he is not joking. I was Bugsy the last round and wanted to kill Chads, but the Jason actively stopped me from going after the Chads. I was even going to help him hold the line at the end but he was having none of it.

If I offer to help you, Jason players, please do consider my offer. I am not a subtle man. If I want to fight you I will run away or I will clober you in the head with a bat.

The Chaddening was in full effect that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
even in a small dev shop, the cats making resources for the devs to use on expansions are different people from the cats making the code changes or the cats thinking about how things should be implemented. even if you have the kraken senior devs on fixing bugs and jank, designers and architects can and should be designing things for them to do one junk is fixed.

source: i'm both a business owner and a software developer with over 10 years experience

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I'm still waiting for an all-Chad game where everyone is a backbiting dick.

you should have been playing on PC last night, because that's exactly what we did.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Burkion posted:

We did that last night

The result was one Chad getting away in the boat that I was attempting to steal from him with another Chad after he put a bear trap down to Chad us out of our Chadding while I hosed up the repair to draw Jason near to further out Chad that Chad.

Every other Chad died

not true, one other Chad escaped to the cops, then I punched SideChainz head off

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

another question as Jason, when I grab someone, not all of my kills are available towards the start, does their use unlock over time?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Carebearz posted:

another question as Jason, when I grab someone, not all of my kills are available towards the start, does their use unlock over time?

Some need a finicky amount of space to proc.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Like a dumdum I have the leg split and head pull and pitchfork lift and head stab, and all of them require standing on flat ground in a featureless Kansas pasture that spreads out to the horizon.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Like a dumdum I have the leg split and head pull and pitchfork lift and head stab, and all of them require standing on flat ground in a featureless Kansas pasture that spreads out to the horizon.

Which is why I have the ones that don't require a ton of space like the bear hug or head punch.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
I kinda want to switch off Savini Jason but the reactions I get in lobbies are addictive. People either fawn all over you or they instantly get super pissed off that you have it and they don't.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Yeah it's nice to have one you can do in a broom closet like one of the head crushes. I think Part 9's axe throw requires the most real estate, he kicks you way the gently caress away before tossing it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Basebf555 posted:

I kinda want to switch off Savini Jason but the reactions I get in lobbies are addictive. People either fawn all over you or they instantly get super pissed off that you have it and they don't.

This me.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

poptart_fairy posted:

Well, until your character yelps and give themselves away.

I have yet to see a Jason without tunnel vision in a situation like that. They get so into chasing after the screaming counselor who's diving out a closed window or shooting them with a flare gun that they don't pay enough attention to hear someone under the bed.

During a recent match most of us stayed together from beginning to end, and I installed the fuse so a guy inside could call the cops in the first 2 minutes. I spent the rest of the match hiding under a bed with like 4 other players, and they ended up leading Jason around in a huge battle inside and outside the cabin until the cops arrived and I could just sprint to the finish.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Burkion posted:

We did that last night

The result was one Chad getting away in the boat that I was attempting to steal from him with another Chad after he put a bear trap down to Chad us out of our Chadding while I hosed up the repair to draw Jason near to further out Chad that Chad.

Every other Chad died

Some fragment of this sentence should become the thread title. It perfectly encapsulates what it's like every single time we play this game together.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

joylessdivision posted:

I'd actually love a NES Jason skin. That would be hilarious to see that purple and light blue monstrosity coming after you.

I would kill for that.

Give him swimspeed and extra damage with weapons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVZXXhbgze4

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So I noticed the Steam ratings have moved over to mostly positive and it continues to be on the top selling page, have people noticed significant gain or drop of players?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So I noticed the Steam ratings have moved over to mostly positive and it continues to be on the top selling page, have people noticed significant gain or drop of players?

It seems pretty normal to me. I ended up having to be a host last night when the game couldn't find a server, but within seconds I had a full roster.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Lurdiak posted:

I would kill for that.

His weapon looks like a big toothbrush.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

chitoryu12 posted:

Played Jason with goons tonight. I let the first guy I found have a 10 second head start so he wouldn't be killed in the first minute, and I let Tommy get the same so he could get the gas can and make it more fun.

I ended up letting the car with the only 2 survivors go so I could duel Tommy in the background like any good Jason. Came within a foot of stopping them right at the exit, too.

I think I was in this match. I was the tommy, who died exactly like the kenny who attempted to fight you! I shouted "COMBAT MODE ACTIVATED" both times.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.
It has become abundantly clear that the game may tell you to 'Survive', but the real objective is to get poo poo done.

Help others, complete objectives and generally do whatever you can before leaving, or die heroically. One of my best games involved 4 of us fighting Jason at the repaired car on Higgins Haven, and we were slowly being beaten down to the point he was going to kill us all. I saw his shack was on the island, a short swim away - So I swam over and beelined his mothers sweater to force Jason to make a choice. Sure enough, he teleported over to me, and we spent the next 5 or so minutes duelling in his mothers shack, thanks to the many 2 handed axes there, and the sweater stun. The other 3 players escaped - and a quick check revealed that I actually got more experience for my sacrifice than they did for their escape.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

Hockles posted:

This me.

Me too. I have barely played as any other Jasons just because of the reactions and the fact that so many people assign me as Jason just so they can see it. I think I actually prefer Part 2 because I prefer being able to run and trap as opposed to my terrible attempts at shift-grabbing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

AlliedBiscuit posted:

Me too. I have barely played as any other Jasons just because of the reactions and the fact that so many people assign me as Jason just so they can see it. I think I actually prefer Part 2 because I prefer being able to run and trap as opposed to my terrible attempts at shift-grabbing.

Tonight I've set myself to random on Jason, and I just got selected as Jason and it came up as Part 3... I was bad. Only got 3/7, the other 4 escaped in the car that I gave up on.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Am I the only that finds the kiss the axe kill a bit unnerving?

Your characters face as the doom approaches. :stare:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't think stealth Pamela would work too well because the gig would be up relatively quickly when no one has run across Jason after x number of minutes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

a cock shaped fruit posted:

It has become abundantly clear that the game may tell you to 'Survive', but the real objective is to get poo poo done.

Help others, complete objectives and generally do whatever you can before leaving, or die heroically. One of my best games involved 4 of us fighting Jason at the repaired car on Higgins Haven, and we were slowly being beaten down to the point he was going to kill us all. I saw his shack was on the island, a short swim away - So I swam over and beelined his mothers sweater to force Jason to make a choice. Sure enough, he teleported over to me, and we spent the next 5 or so minutes duelling in his mothers shack, thanks to the many 2 handed axes there, and the sweater stun. The other 3 players escaped - and a quick check revealed that I actually got more experience for my sacrifice than they did for their escape.

I came closer than ever to killing Jason just now. All 4 of us remaining grouped together, I was Tommy with a machete, and we had the sweater. Unfortunately the Jason was too OP and ended up slaughtering us all before we could get his mask off, including hanging me on the coat rack.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Alteisen posted:

Am I the only that finds the kiss the axe kill a bit unnerving?

Your characters face as the doom approaches. :stare:

The only one that's really unnerved me so far is the one where they get stabbed through the chest and look down at their wound realizing they're gonna die :gonk:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
My Savini Jason got 4/8 earlier because a gang of Adams whipped my sorry rear end, called the cops, and then whipped my sorry rear end in under 12 minutes.

:mad:

Time to go back in and show mommy I'm a good boy.

Jetamo
Nov 8, 2012

alright.

alright, mate.
Just had the strangest glitch let me complete escape Duster and co's attempt to kill me as Jason. Rage was active, and Duster used the sweater next to one of those walls you can walk through. Somehow mashing E to resist the sweater-stun made me skip the resist and just go walking through a wall.

Very strange.

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

Coffee And Pie posted:

The only one that's really unnerved me so far is the one where they get stabbed through the chest and look down at their wound realizing they're gonna die :gonk:

The skewer kill at the campfire :ohdear:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Lurdiak posted:

I would kill for that.

He will be bright blazing Neon and leave streaks as he moves. No stealth with this Jason. Just pain, for your eyes and for the hole in your chest he just punched in as he Jazzercizes.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Oh yeah. I FINALLY got the sleeping bag kill.

God, it's so majestic.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Oh yeah. I FINALLY got the sleeping bag kill.

God, it's so majestic.

I like how he peeks into the bag before beginning the beating, like "I hope I got the right guy!"

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

http://i.imgur.com/fEW4uUv.gifv

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

He will be bright blazing Neon and leave streaks as he moves. No stealth with this Jason. Just pain, for your eyes and for the hole in your chest he just punched in as he Jazzercizes.

Someone needs to do a murder montage set to :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWz9VN40nCA

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

I'm thinking Pamela could be a good hit and run Jason archetype.

Maybe something along the lines of

+ Can councilor sprint
+ Fast shift
+ Throwing Knives

Weapon is a bowie knife that does a bunch of damage really fast.

- Easily Stunned maybe a 50/50
- Stun recovery takes awhile
- Can't morph in radius of councilors

So basically the name of the game would be to locate councilor/councilors stalk close to them knife them and then run away/shift away before getting mobbed and pretty much not grabbing anyone unless they're alone and weak.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It'd be hilarious if she could steal the car and run people over.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jetamo posted:

Just had the strangest glitch let me complete escape Duster and co's attempt to kill me as Jason. Rage was active, and Duster used the sweater next to one of those walls you can walk through. Somehow mashing E to resist the sweater-stun made me skip the resist and just go walking through a wall.

Very strange.

a pubby hosed up a kill attempt i teed up yesterday by dropping the hypnotize just as jason morphed, so he was stunned, but hosed if we knew where.

poo poo is weird.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Burkion posted:

It'd be hilarious if she could steal the car and run people over.

Pamela jacking people for their rides would be hilarious.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Pamela will have a grappling hook like Batman.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT9bW_l8TZs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
I was a bad Chad. I let a Jason sleeping bag me because he was playing Italian opera nonstop and I was laughing too hard to run away.

• Locked thread