Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Rabbids game could be good, but I'm worried that it won't have much depth or difficulty.

Games like this that aren't hard can be fun when you can break them in hysterical ways. Based off of Mario's springboard mechanic alone I am expecting there to be absolutely silly turns you can set up.

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Luigi had the Poltergust as his weapon. That's pretty cool.
The Rabbids look like they will actually work for this as they can do whatever for crazy Sectoid i mean enemy types.

Between the Poltergusts and the Donkey Kong rabbid this game is going to ooze cameos/fan service and that is fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Gonna wait on Mario x Rabbids but holy poo poo Mario X-COM? This is CRAZY!

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No, because that kind of thing comes down to personal taste. If it's not to your preference, that's fine. But that's different from saying it'll be a poorly made game.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

spit on my clit posted:

i want to play the game but i also dont. it looks like its going to play beautifully but holy poo poo i dont want to deal with 10+ hours of hearing rabbids noises. make a version without the rabbids and i'll get it.

this but with anime and RPGs

*glances at FE Fates*

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Imagine going to a store, you're in your 20s or 30s, you don't have a kid with you, and you actually tell the clerk "I want the Rabbids SRPG, sir"

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Mario and Rabbids looks cool.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

Scratch-O posted:

Imagine going to a store, you're in your 20s or 30s, you don't have a kid with you, and you actually tell the clerk "I want the Rabbids SRPG, sir"

This isn't how stores work unless you're in like the 1800s

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Scratch-O posted:

lol if you care about the judgements of a gamestop employee

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Scratch-O posted:

Imagine a store where you can buy the Rabbids SPRG from the comfort of your own house while still in your underwear without seeing or speaking to a single person.

It's called Amazon because this is 2017.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Guy Goodbody posted:

lol if you care about the judgements of a gamestop employee

No one's judgment matters but the Lord's, friend. Do you want to look Jesus Christ in the eyes and tell him you bought the Rabbids SRPG?

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
who buys games in physical stores lmao???

You are looking at Prime customer, baby, two days free shipping for this guy!

E: beaten by a fellow Above Average Human Being

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Scratch-O posted:

No one's judgment matters but the Lord's, friend. Do you want to look Jesus Christ in the eyes and tell him you bought the Rabbids SRPG?

Some other dude probably looked Him in the eyes and said he murdered someone in His name at least once, so I don't think He particular cares about your video game consumption habits.

Unless you actually liked *INSERT GAME I PERSONALLY DISLIKE HERE*.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

quote:

Miyamoto had one condition—don’t make a platformer, make a Mario game that has never been made before.

This is why you're never gonna get the Mario and Sonic Platforming Crossover of Your Dreams.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Viewtiful Jew posted:

This is why you're never gonna get the Mario and Sonic Platforming Crossover of Your Dreams.

There's no way to merge those playstyles anyway, beyond alternating between sonic and mario type levels.

at that point you might as well not make a crossover

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

TFRazorsaw posted:

There's no way to merge those playstyles anyway, beyond alternating between sonic and mario type levels.

at that point you might as well not make a crossover

Mario gets a speed mushroom as a go fast power up.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

hopeandjoy posted:

Some other dude probably looked Him in the eyes and said he murdered someone in His name at least once, so I don't think He particular cares about your video game consumption habits.

Unless you actually liked *INSERT GAME I PERSONALLY DISLIKE HERE*.

God is a Gamer, actually, and He will judge you for your gaming actions in life.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Scratch-O posted:

God is a Gamer, actually, and He will judge you for your gaming actions in life.

Is murdering pixels a sin?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Mario + Rabbids actually looks pretty sweet. Am I crazy?

Anyways, good news is it was announced at the Ubisoft conference so probably won't be a focus tomorrow meaning Nintendo has to at least have one big game reveal for Switch right? Metroid? Pikmin? Animal Crossing?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Preordered Mario + rabbits, this is the system seller Switch needed.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

InFlames235 posted:

Anyways, good news is it was announced at the Ubisoft conference so probably won't be a focus tomorrow meaning Nintendo has to at least have one big game reveal for Switch right? Metroid? Pikmin? Animal Crossing?

Most likely what we already know Mario and Splatoon, followed by some new IP no one will care about until a month before it comes out when we get a ton of information on it and it ends up looking really awesome in action after looking lame at E3.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

InFlames235 posted:

Whatever it is, they said they would focus on Switch games out this year. Maybe I'm stupid but I feel like the Switch is having one of the best first years ever for a new console.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

No Mans Skylanders confirmed for Switch.

Or "Starlink", whatever.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm 28 and I'm gonna go into Gamestop and preorder stupid rear end rabbit game because it looks fun and I want to play the fun game

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TFRazorsaw posted:

No Mans Skylanders confirmed for Switch.

Or "Starlink", whatever.

I can't wait to bolt on a bunch of plastic crap to my joycon grip

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

InFlames235 posted:

Nintendo has to at least have one big game reveal for Switch right? Metroid? Pikmin? Animal Crossing?

Nintendo has done several E3s where there wasn't some big new announcement in their presentations. It can happen, but don't count on it. Just be cool if it doesn't.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dr Cheeto posted:

I can't wait to bolt on a bunch of plastic crap to my joycon grip

This but unironically.

theBeaz
Jul 11, 2006

If you think getting laid by attractive people by playing your Switch in public is easy now... just wait until you add Starlink to the mix. My God. It will be a Sexy Avalanche™.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I too base my leisure activities on what will help me be sexually promiscuous.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Same

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Scratch-O posted:

Another reason why buying digital is the true choice of the gaming connoisseur.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

TFRazorsaw posted:

It looks legitimately solid. The mash up of each franchise's style honestly works.

"But Rabbids" isn't a legitimate criticism, also.

Actually it is :ssh:

Don’t worry I also dislike it when people have different opinions about things.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Will I be able to pirate all these Starlink Amiibos? There sure are a lot of them.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Actually it is :ssh:

Don’t worry I also dislike it when people have different opinions about things.

I think you're taking the wrong thing from what I said.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

TFRazorsaw posted:

:same:

Gaspy Conana
Aug 1, 2004

this clown loves you
The Mario + Rabbids game looks really good and I'll likely get it but those things are so grating. Their design/animation/vocalizations are excruciatingly minion-y and passe. Do they even have a significant following amongst kids or is this just Ubisoft adding value to their IP? If they weren't chosen because there's already a following, would've been nice to go with something original and/or less annoying.

Gaspy Conana fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 12, 2017

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

Nalin posted:

Will I be able to pirate all these Starlink Amiibos? There sure are a lot of them.

Just wait 6 months after launch and pick them up for a buck each.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gaspy Conana posted:

The Mario + Rabbids game looks really good and I'll likely get it but those things are so grating. Their design/animation/vocalizations are excruciatingly minion-y and passe. Do they even have a significant following amongst kids or is this just Ubisoft adding value to their IP?

japan loves cutesy poo poo and dumb slapstick humor so i would not put it past nintendo to have actually wanted the rabbids

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!

Gaspy Conana posted:

The Mario + Rabbids game looks really good and I'll likely get it but those things are so grating. Their design/animation/vocalizations are excruciatingly minion-y and passe. Do they even have a significant following amongst kids or is this just Ubisoft adding value to their IP?

All my kid cousins just watch Let's Plays now. I don't know who the Rabbids are marketed toward these days.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
[quote="“TFRazorsaw”" post="“473320560”"]
I think you’re taking the wrong thing from what I said.
[/quote]

You’re saying that disliking the rabbit things isn’t a valid criticism which it totally is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

You’re saying that disliking the rabbit things isn’t a valid criticism which it totally is.

I also said later that I meant that in the sense the presence of the Rabbids being good or bad is a matter of personal taste.

There are plenty of games that have elements that have no appeal to me. That doesn't make them poorly made.

• Locked thread