Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Neat, I think that's the first time I've watched a non-death on Liveleak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

kiimo posted:

Yeah well Vegeta thought he was big time too and guess what happened? Got his rear end kicked, that's what.

drat straight. Superman would take Goku down a peg or two.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Is there anything or anyone Goku hasn't beaten?

Radditz. Perfect Cell. Mecha Frieza. Beerus.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

a neat cape posted:

Radditz. Perfect Cell. Mecha Frieza. Beerus.

Are those diseases or are you just a giant nerd?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-meeting/index.html

Apparently a cabinet meeting with the President is just an opportunity for everyone in the room to try to praise Trump more than the other people in the room.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dear Leader, your greatness inspires me in every waking moment. May God's grace continue to shine on your administration through its glorious tenure.

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Dear Leader, your greatness inspires me in every waking moment. May God's grace continue to shine on your administration through its glorious tenure.

coincidentally this is also what I email to andey every morning

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Leperflesh posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-meeting/index.html

Apparently a cabinet meeting with the President is just an opportunity for everyone in the room to try to praise Trump more than the other people in the room.
Sounds a lot like what dictators do

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
"We thank you for the opportunity and blessing to serve your agenda."

This is real life? This isn't a Netflix Drama? :stare:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

weird Asian candy posted:

Are those diseases or are you just a giant nerd?

If knowing Dragon ball z makes you a nerd, 90% of the people who ever watched toonami in the 90s are nerds

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Ivanka said on Fox & Friends this morning that she was shocked at the "ferocity" of her dad's critics

:thunk:

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I was watching the first episode of the new season of House of Cards and I realized that Kevin Spacey is not really a great actor

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This is real life? This isn't a Netflix Drama? :stare:

we're caught in a land slide, there's no escape from reality

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow straight horrifying

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Kalli posted:

A Mario game starring the rabbids dressed up as Mario characters and also it's X-com.

Watched a thing and drat this actually looks cool. The silly world of Mario/Rabbids lends itself to novel gameplay elements in an Xcom-like setting that previously similar games have not explored.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

a neat cape posted:

If knowing Dragon ball z makes you a nerd, 90% of the people who ever watched toonami in the 90s are nerds

:yeah:

Imagine going through life without seeing Goku & Piccolo battle Radditz as an example of friendship during your formative years. That person is weird Asian candy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

- Kamehameha
- spirit bomb
- Fierce loyalty and morality

Unless he sees a good fight then gently caress you rest of existence I wanna punch a man.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

:yeah:

Imagine going through life without seeing Goku & Piccolo battle Radditz as an example of friendship during your formative years. That person is weird Asian candy

I mean, sure, but I was with actual friends forming actual friendships during my formative years :shrug:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

As someone who has never watched an episode of Dragonball Z in his life can someone please explain Goku's superpowers? He seems to basically get really mad and shoot energy ballz or something.

You know "retard strength"?

Goku is the dumbest fucker ever

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

I mean, sure, but I was with actual friends forming actual friendships during my formative years :shrug:

You can, like, watch shows with friends.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Filthy Casual posted:

You can, like, watch shows with friends.

No doubt, I will stop my shaming.

I am trying to remember those years, and I feel like we spent all of our time being outside playing different sports, riding bikes, and when inside endless amounts of Tecmo Super Bowl. To be a kid again...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If you were not fourteen and big into Dragon Ball you were a hosed up kid

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you were not fourteen and big into Dragon Ball you were a hosed up kid

I blame the pop tarts...

What year did it come out?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I blame the pop tarts...

depends

There was a weird version with all the death edited out in the early 90's but the glorious dawn of the Toonami was late 90s

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

I blame the pop tarts...

Had to look it up. It premiered Stateside in 1996. I was 16 going on 17 :corsair:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I watched a bunch of dragon ball in chinese as a kid. It owned even not knowing 95% of what they were saying.

Though after it was always some other anime that had robots and a villain team that was basically team rocket except the lady dressed like Vanna White and was like 50% breasts.

Oddly I was way more into that one when I was 12.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Eli Wiggum posted:

Had to look it up. It premiered Stateside in 1996. I was 16 going on 17 :corsair:

Ok yeah, so I was 16. I remember watching a couple episodes over one summer break and being hypnotized by how weird it was but how I couldn't turn it off but that's about the extent of it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Kalli posted:

I watched a bunch of dragon ball in chinese as a kid. It owned even not knowing 95% of what they were saying.

Isnt 95% of what they are saying just "AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Nov 6, 2002

I aged out of toons before Dragonball came around. My jam was Voltron and Tranzor Z.

BTW there's a new Voltron series on Netflix.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Basically, to get why kids loved Dragon Ball Z, imagine growing up watching Power Rangers and poo poo and all of a sudden this pops up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q05NxtGgNp4&t=1072s

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

I aged out of toons before Dragonball came around. My jam was Voltron and Tranzor Z.

BTW there's a new Voltron series on Netflix.

:same:

Throw in GI Joe and TMNT and before that Thundercats.

Is the new Voltron any good?

e: gently caress, I'm old

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

My kids like it but it's weird seeing Voltron get its poo poo handed to it so often

Nov 6, 2002

I watched a couple episodes. It's really well produced and good at hitting the ol' nostalgia button, but there is just so much other great content on TV right now I never finished.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

My kids like it but it's weird seeing Voltron get its poo poo handed to it so often
Not sure what they're trying to accomplish by turning Voltron into a jobber

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Eli Wiggum posted:

I was 7.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Intruder posted:

This makes me sad :(

I watched a couple episodes. It's really well produced and good at hitting the ol' nostalgia button, but there is just so much other great content on TV right now I never finished.

Gotcha, maybe I will check it out one day aka I probably won't.

Were you guys into Saved by the Bell as kids/teens?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Gotcha, maybe I will check it out one day aka I probably won't.

Were you guys into Saved by the Bell as kids/teens?

I watched a ton of it but remember little except for the pills episode that was turned into a meme years after the fact.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I was 5. A great age to watch DBZ. You grow up with Gohan.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

e: gently caress, I'm old

My poo poo was the Transformers!

Soundwave is my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

^ Yup, so many good cartoons when we were kids!

Kalli posted:

I watched a ton of it but remember little except for the pills episode that was turned into a meme years after the fact.

The caffeine pills episode lol, classic.

Everyone was all into Kelly but I was a Lisa kinda guy :smug:

• Locked thread