Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Man, that game looks amazing, but the gameplay looks so remote from anything that interests me.

I'm happy for those it appeals to though, because you are getting some visual treat here. As someone who did computer graphics, I'm floored, even the 3D models of the characters capture that 2D look that is so loving hard to nail down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

spit on my clit posted:

I hope the U6 saiyans dont find out about the SSG transformation, seeing as they could easily scrounge up a few more super saiyans for the ritual

Vegeta used it to end his match with Cabba in the U6 vs U7 tournament.

Caros
May 14, 2008

pik_d posted:

Vegeta used it to end his match with Cabba in the U6 vs U7 tournament.

That's blue. He means the ritual one that can be done with a couple of children and an unborn baby that jacks your power well above anything regular super saiyan can hope to accomplish.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Caros posted:

That's blue. He means the ritual one that can be done with a couple of children and an unborn baby that jacks your power well above anything regular super saiyan can hope to accomplish.

Yeah but they'll still know that there's another level. They still have to figure out how it's done either way.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

U6 is probably going to be a Best Of SSj showcase throwdown, and I'll slap in $10 that Cauli goes SSj3, Kale goes full Brole Roll on their asses, and Cabba will hit SSG in the middle of the match when they all team up and ritual him (and by team up I mean Vegeta is going to take over the U6 team halfway through and Prince them to victory before they're all blown to poo poo by the Threat Goku Gets To Face)

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Actually Caulifla will go blue, I know this deep down in my heart.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Caros posted:

Universe 6 Saiyans can go Super Saiyan God by focusing their energy into their elbows.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

I take it back, the Threat Goku Has To Face won't be involved

Freiza will just annihilate them all, and Vegeta with them, and just shrug and say whoops collateral

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"Oh, it's just another version of Frost, let's get him!"

*Multi Death Finger Beam Massacre*

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Universe 6 Saiyans can go Super Saiyan God by focusing their energy into their elbows.

I mean, all Vegeta had to do was clean fishbowls and lift weights for a while.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Professor Wayne posted:

I watched this week's episode right before I went to bed last night. I dreamed that Goku needed to recruit Captain Planet as the last team member. It was so vivid that I'm not completely sure it didn't happen.

Instead Goku goes to hell and recruits Captain Pollution.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Burkion posted:

"Oh, it's just another version of Frost, let's get him!"

*Multi Death Finger Beam Massacre*

I wonder if it counts against you to kill them when they're already fallen off the edge and into the void. Freiza would totally just edge camp and spam lasers to off people as they drop.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Black August posted:

I wonder if it counts against you to kill them when they're already fallen off the edge and into the void. Freiza would totally just edge camp and spam lasers to off people as they drop.

There's no flight allowed, he could just kneecap people with Death Beams and achieve a similar level of sadistic satisfaction. :twisted:

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Professor Wayne posted:

I watched this week's episode right before I went to bed last night. I dreamed that Goku needed to recruit Captain Planet as the last team member. It was so vivid that I'm not completely sure it didn't happen.

Captain Planet would get hard countered by the poison guy from U9. Not a good pickup. :colbert:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Kanos posted:

Captain Planet would get hard countered by the poison guy from U9. Not a good pickup. :colbert:

Captain Planet has clearly undergone rigorous training to overcome such a weakness and go further beyond to achieve Corporal Planet

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bloody Pom posted:

There's no flight allowed, he could just kneecap people with Death Beams and achieve a similar level of sadistic satisfaction. :twisted:

And it's not that flight is against the rules as flight does not work in the world of void.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm hoping this arc ends with Goku, Gohan, and Vegita learning the ultimate final form from U6 - Teamwork!

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Black August posted:

Captain Planet has clearly undergone rigorous training to overcome such a weakness and go further beyond to achieve Corporal Planet

now to unveil my final form... a demotion!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Bloody Pom posted:

"And now for your other glubark!"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

now to unveil my final form... a demotion!

Captain Planet is a humble elemental man and you'd do well to learn from him

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
I feel like Freakazoid would be a better choice than Cap'n Planet. Yes, he would comically get knocked out at an inopportune time, but if we're honest Captain Planet would get shoved into a dumpster pretty quickly.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HitTheTargets posted:

I feel like Freakazoid would be a better choice than Cap'n Planet. Yes, he would comically get knocked out at an inopportune time, but if we're honest Captain Planet would get shoved into a dumpster pretty quickly.

Captain Planet has the power of he entire Earth! Which means Frieza could kill him with one finger in his first form.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

so it'd be like that vaccine guy from one-punch man? I'd be down with that fight

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Oh poo poo I forgot there's no flight. It's gonna make things really interesting I'd imagine. Old school dragonball tenkaichi budokai style fights with universe destroying fighters.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

sharktamer posted:

Oh poo poo I forgot there's no flight. It's gonna make things really interesting I'd imagine. Old school dragonball tenkaichi budokai style fights with universe destroying fighters.

There's no reason to think there's no flight. It's just that outside of the arena everyone's flighty abilities cease to work.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
Oh, that's not so cool.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

pik_d posted:

There's no reason to think there's no flight. It's just that outside of the arena everyone's flighty abilities cease to work.

No, it's pretty much stated that they can't fly at all.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Saagonsa posted:

No, it's pretty much stated that they can't fly at all.

Yet there are clips in the opening of people flying around and fighting in the tournament.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Yet there are clips in the opening of people flying around and fighting in the tournament.

And the opening also shows Buu with everyone else entering the arena, it doesn't mean much.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

They've gone back and forth about "not being able to fly" but also it's not uncommon for people to just punch at each other so hard they just start floating

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
It's Dragonball. Of course they'll fly.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

It turns out Crane School's floating isn't technically the same as the flying everyone does now so Tien just teaches it to them all

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

HitTheTargets posted:

It's Dragonball. Of course they'll fly.

If anything it would be hell on the animators, they are used to drawing aerial battles. They have enough to deal with coordinating a massive battle royale with all kind of new characters.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Goku can always just teleport up.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

Goku can always just teleport up.

Goku will shoot controlled kamehamehas from his feet and float around like Ironman.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Freeza and Frost are going to do the fusion dance

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
It'l follow the Jojo's rule of thought where they're not supposed to be able to fly, but they inexplicably do it anyway during climactic moments. Like a final showdown with a vampire. or playing rock paper scissors against a small child.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Upcoming game looks so loving fun and cool looking, why didn't this poo poo release when I was a kid

All i got was Dragonball GT Fighters on playstation and that was loving awful

Shards of Fate
Apr 19, 2002

They look like monsters to you?

Fargin Icehole posted:

Upcoming game looks so loving fun and cool looking, why didn't this poo poo release when I was a kid

It's awful now but I remember it being the best poo poo ever then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Fargin Icehole posted:

Lack of tech and lack of relative effort/money, lack of raw capability. Like, Final Bout says it came out 1997(Presuming Wikipedia is trustworthy). It's been 20 years. Budgets, effort and capability have gone right the gently caress UP. We're also relatively more demanding as a result.

• Locked thread