Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Ferrinus posted:

They need to do more stuff like that Hildibrand cutscene in which some zombies attack, you take out your weapon, and then it just cuts to you and your friends standing over the zombies' bodies.

Specifically they should like, save an appropriate sound effect to each job or each class of job, and then just play it in combination with a cut away whenever the WoL is called on to fight in a cutscene. So if you're a tank or melee dps for instance, you could draw your weapon, then there's some generic "steel clashing" sounds, and then the bad guys are defeated offscreen (like maybe you're off stage right, they run off stage right, and their bodies come flying back from stage right).

I mean, at LEAST let me get in front of something and block a thing. I am a goddamn tank, I do not need you to step in for me, Thancred. Get your rear end behind me and let ME punch Nega-Derplander, thankyouverymuch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

I'd try it just to see what it's like. But probably would hate it.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

What am I lookin at here

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Rainuwastaken posted:

I doubt she's going to die, but I'm looking forward to watching her get maimed at least. It's time for Tataru to take her place as the head wizard of the Scions.

We know she'll be ok because if she isn't then Matoya is going to personally end the Garlean occupation about 10 minutes later.

Unless we get a cutscene where she is very obviously super dead, she'll just be spending most of the expansion recuperating, most likely.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

strong bird posted:

What am I lookin at here

HP doesn't decrease with weakness

This lends credibility to those debated patch note leaks (the ones with the weird RNG FATE thing)

Magil Zeal
Nov 24, 2008

I don't think so, but I am considering going back to XI for a month or two sometime during a XIV lull because apparently it's entirely possible to blow through that game solo now with NPC companions in a few weeks and I never got to see some of the later story stuff.

Pre-ARR XIV, even 1.23, just looks painful. XI at least had some good points. Like Blue Mage.

Magil Zeal fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 12, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I would play 1.23b for a few hours, go "wow that's bad" and then go back to playing the real game. I would not pay more than $0.99 for the privilege.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

cheetah7071 posted:

HP doesn't decrease with weakness

This lends credibility to those debated patch note leaks (the ones with the weird RNG FATE thing)

Didn't those same patch notes also say you keep all your buttons when synced down to sastasha?]

also, boo, I liked people running around with half less hp and getting gibbed.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
How can you not all be enthralled by this masterpiece of gameplay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW5DnpidMiY

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really like the font 1.x used

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
You like it because it's huge, but then you'd scale it down to make it not take up 90% of your screen and it's be unreadable.

Also, every time I see a video of 1.0, I'm forced to look at the hilariously stupid and bad hotbar system

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Boogalo posted:

I used the one free fantasia to max out the boob slider on my catgirl.

good man

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Here is what the Encyclopedia Eorzea has to say about The Echo and a bit about the Blessing of the Light. Given its an in-universe document, it doesn't actually have too much useful info, given how inscrutable The Echo is.

The EE is really awesome and worth the cash.

The echo started showing up in people after midgardsormr shoved the agrias through the seal on the aether underneath silvertear. It seems like it's linked to the increased concentration of aether that came with that. It'd also maybe explain why people with the echo are immune to tempering. If they're somehow infused with aether then that aether could prevent aether beings like primals from influencing them?

Also, Krile and Minfilia both have the echo, so it's definitely not the same thing as the blessing of light. The blessing seems to be more like Hydaelyn looks over your shoulder and gives you a hand by thumbing the scales so that Zodiark can't gently caress you.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
They really should start using the Hildibrand stuff more in the main story cutscenes. One of the most memorable cutscenes to me is one of those times the villain tosses a card and everyone ducks out of the way in succession. The way the WoL just sort've casually leans back and then follows the card with their eyes the entire way looks pretty badass.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Truga posted:

Didn't those same patch notes also say you keep all your buttons when synced down to sastasha?]

I need that part to be true. I need that very badly. Please be true, unreliable leaked patch notes

cheetah7071 posted:

One thing that bothers me about ARR's fonts is just that they're really inconsistent between different parts of the UI. Different fonts for the HUD and the chat box I get, but things like the HP/MP/TP font and the damage text font being different kills me for some reason. It's so stupid but it bugs me.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

That looks excruciatingly boring.

Also, I really hope the "keep all buttons while synced" rumor is true, because maybe then LDR won't be pure torture.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

That pre-ARR FFXIV gameplay also looks a lot like FFXI gameplay just with fewer player models constantly fading in and out as people switch gear sets with drat near every action.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

re: the echo, I'm pretty sure you're not the only one with hydalyn's blessing or whatever. I remember the first time you see her, you see other random adventurers zooming around her too.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
guys i'm hyped for red mage

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

:yeah:

The UI in general looks really nice and I wish we had the option to use the old one now.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Same, except machinist.

Oh wait my machinist is still only level 50 poo poo.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

:yeah: I want to blast things with magic and then stab them and then blast them again

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Its a hard decision, go with the awesome RDM, or go full weeb and go SAM.

And then hang yourself after grinding 30 levels out in potd.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Same except for BLM. Can't wait to drop fire and explosions everywhere.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Gonna be doing what I've been doing since 3.0. Throwing cards at people and making neat constellation particle effects.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

samurai looks so hard to play well that my brain hurts just thinking about having to plan out my buttons 2 minutes in advance on the fly

I'll stick with dragoon

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I am gonna level drg and shoot dragon lasers at people, then level smn and shoot different dragon lasers at people

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

I need that part to be true. I need that very badly. Please be true, unreliable leaked patch notes

My point is more that that is 10000% fake, because they'd have said something by now about a change that cool and big IMO.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Pick a different class, then do RDM and SAM entirely via beast tribe dailies on a slow burn while you decide if it's worth it or not.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

My point is more that that is 10000% fake, because they'd have said something by now about a change that cool and big IMO.

that part is 100% fake because the same media stuff they're using as a source for the weakness thing, you can also see in the level 64 synced dungeon a ninja has his 68/70 ability greyed out.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I still think I want to do SAM and not RDM but the RDM rotation looks pretty solid. I still haven't seen a flowchart for SAM though, which is irritating.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it's a pretty common tactic with making fake leaks to drizzle some confirmed correct information to make people go "the rest is true" ya'll, so please be skeptical

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Khisanth Magus posted:

*10 levels

SAM and RDM start at 50

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
like i know it's a mood killer, but if we're going by the media tour, the keeping synced abilities thing is false

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Zaphod42 posted:

*10 levels

SAM and RDM start at 50

Oh, for some reason I thought I read that they started at 30 like DRK and MCH. 50 is much more reasonable, less likely to hang self after grinding 10 levels out of potd.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I think a better form of the fate exp buff would be a stacking exp buff that lasts, say, an hour up to like 50%.

With the idea being making doing FATES an attractive option for leveling but not for grinding. So you are incentivized to pop in and do a couple fates every hour while leveling and questing and what not, then going back to something else before it gets monotonous

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Y'shtola isn't going to die, but she is going to be injured and likely taken out of commission temporarily for a bit of Stormblood.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I've decided to continue being :ninja: until after I make it through the MSQ and then I can level SAM while I decide on trying to raid or whatever is available for endgame. Cause once you've done your weekly tome poo poo, you tend to have a lot of free time. And hopefully the further out I get from launch, the less hell it'll be.

Dr Pepper posted:

Y'shtola isn't going to die, but she is going to be injured and likely taken out of commission temporarily for a bit of Stormblood.

I'm okay with spending most of our time with Alisaie and Yda.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Dr Pepper posted:

hosed up that they'd bury Y'shtola alive, leaving her for dead underground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Are dungeons in Heavensward noticeably different than the ARR ones. I just got to keeper of the lake and that was a hell of a lot more concise and entertaining than anything before it.. seems like there's a lot less trash and the final boss was really fun. Even compared to Snowcloak in the previous patch it was night and day. Save for a few back after release when dungeons were still relatively difficult, most of the dungeons in ARR were total slogs.

• Locked thread