Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Skreemer posted:

Triumph announced as the engine supplier for Moto2 in 2019. Out is the Honda 600 CBR RR motor breathed upon by Moriwaki then doled out to the teams. The new motor is going to be the 765 triple from Triumph.

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2017/06/03/triumph-announced-as-moto2-engine-supplier-from-2019/230116

I predict.................... motor problems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
Good. Spice the championship up a bit. People were raving about all three racing and how moto2 was even great this time so I watched it. Moto2 has been so boring last year that what would have been called a normal race in 2012 is now called an amazing one.

Fanelien
Nov 23, 2003

BlackMK4 posted:

I predict.................... motor problems.

I'll laugh if they burn up stators like my mate's Daytona did.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
In stuff that doesn't really matter given actual things that do it would appear that the 2017 Qatar Grand Prix will have been the last given everything that's happened and is going to happen to Qatar in the short term.

I actually liked the Losail track.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I've never really understood why people rag on losail, it's rad.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Slavvy posted:

I've never really understood why people rag on losail, it's rad.

I like playing it in the older MotoGP games. There's not much elevation change, but the corners have great flow. Plus the night races always look nifty.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Old games you mean... GP500? :wink:

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Look at this beautiful man.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Aaaaand the lovely chicane is gone. Wonder how much the track spent on an ill-thought-out impulse modification that's now never going to be used?

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

And now Max Biaggi has been in an accident and is under observation in hospital
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/873166912158654465

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Despite being 45 years old and retired from racing for a few years, I bet Biaggi trains / rides like a total rear end in a top hat maniac. He's got a serious case of little man-itis, so I'm sure he can't just go out and have fun without trying to win everything. Great rider, and amazing style on the bike, but a real little douchebag.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
GAH. STAHP.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Slavvy posted:

Guy Martin dusts off his old bridesmaid's dress.

lol

Redvenom
Jun 17, 2003
I also owe BunnyX :10Bux:
Guy's crash in the Superbike race was massive. To walk away from that with nothing more than a sore wrist ...

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Redvenom posted:

Guy's crash in the Superbike race was massive. To walk away from that with nothing more than a sore wrist ...

Yeah I respect the hell out of him for saying "nup" to the Senior TT. That interview with him afte where he's clearly in shock from almost dying is really tough.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
The Yamahas are getting smoked out there. Not a single Yamaha made it through to Q2 automatically.

Rossi's front tire after FP4

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Jun 10, 2017

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Another day, another tyre roulette.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I miss proper tyre roulette, when some b grade rider just smokes the field on a dunlop/bridgestone bike.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

algebra testes posted:

I miss proper tyre roulette, when some b grade rider just smokes the field on a dunlop/bridgestone bike.

That happened last year with jack miller, he chose the correct wets and everyone else faffed around on the wrong ones and that's why we don't have two different rain tyres anymore.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Dovi!!!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The working class hero of gp.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something

Wirth1000 posted:

In stuff that doesn't really matter given actual things that do it would appear that the 2017 Qatar Grand Prix will have been the last given everything that's happened and is going to happen to Qatar in the short term.

I actually liked the Losail track.

What is wrong with Qatar that will cause it to be removed from the schedule?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

hayden. posted:

What is wrong with Qatar that will cause it to be removed from the schedule?

I don't know what's going on now, but https://motomatters.com/analysis/2017/03/26/2017_qatar_saturday_motogp_round_up.html

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The entire Arab world (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya etc. etc.) have completely cut off Qatar, isolated it, banned Qatar Airways and such from flying over their airspace and Saudi and UAE have even made it illegal up to 15 years in prison to even say anything supportive of Qatar.

That's kind of just scratching the surface but yeah I imagine it'd be extremely difficult to host a grand prix in these circumstances.

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
Wow that has been entirely ignored by American mainstream media. I had no idea.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

The entire Arab world (Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, Egypt, Libya etc. etc.) have completely cut off Qatar, isolated it, banned Qatar Airways and such from flying over their airspace and Saudi and UAE have even made it illegal up to 15 years in prison to even say anything supportive of Qatar.

That's kind of just scratching the surface but yeah I imagine it'd be extremely difficult to host a grand prix in these circumstances.

Wonder if that ban includes Barca shirts too.

If Qatar does go it sounds like MotoGP has new races lined up, including two in SE Asia which might be fun to go visit and see. Wonder if that means we'll cut Spain down to a meager three rounds next year.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

hayden. posted:

Wow that has been entirely ignored by American mainstream media. I had no idea.

We're too busy bitching about both sides being corrupt and trying to one up each other.

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/comments/6fmekd/whats_going_on_with_qatar/

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I doubt spain loses a race as stupid as that sounds, but its getting complicated with Finland, Sokol and Thailand coming in, and Austria and Jerez being out of contract.

Ditching a home gp like Jerez doesn't "feel" right but I may be wrong.

Potentially Finland can get pushed a year and thry dont have to make any decisions for a year and see how all the tracks shape up.

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 07:22 on Jun 13, 2017

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jerez and catalunya both have surfaces the riders refuse to ride on again. Dorna will make the appropriate choice, knowing they have valencia in the pocket, and make room for somewhere else.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
If I can find a better capture later I'll post it. Last lap incident between Rea and Davies at Riviera Di Rimini:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieiszk3lWJ0

I hope Davies is OK.(and Rea still got 3rd on the podium)

Skreemer fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Jun 17, 2017

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
jesus christ

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Skreemer posted:

I hope Davies is OK.

UPDATE: Davies has a thorax trauma with some difficulties breathing. After an MRI scan at Rimini hospital, Davies is confirmed to have suffered a fracture of the transverse process of L3 (3rd lumbar vertebrae) and left thumb contusion.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

jesus christ

:stare: :stare: :stare:

loving hell hope he's recovering soon from that.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Reminded me of Melandri's crash way too much

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

Wirth1000 posted:

Reminded me of Melandri's crash way too much

I was thinking Simoncelli...

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Skreemer posted:

Right.

I was literally thinking of Simoncelli. Well, this is embarassing.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Skreemer posted:

RIP Simoncelli :(

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Simoncelli was hit directly in the head with a bike traveling perpendicular to him, this only bares a superficial resemblance.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

EX250 Type R posted:

Simoncelli was hit directly in the head with a bike traveling perpendicular to him, this only bares a superficial resemblance.

In this instance, Rea ramped the bike right off Davies back/speed hump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

Skreemer posted:

In this instance, Rea ramped the bike right off Davies back/speed hump.

is this supposed to contradict what I said? idgi

• Locked thread