Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Has anyone posted the video of the fat comedian beating up the cringy ex-T_D mod?

Because https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0mGOUw46Xs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

This has gone from 'no way he'd be that stupid' to 'if he does, he's hosed,' to 'he bout to do it' in record time.

https://twitter.com/JudyWoodruff/status/874397738108145665

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Sinteres posted:

This has gone from 'no way he'd be that stupid' to 'if he does, he's hosed,' to 'he bout to do it' in record time.

important context: that guy was at the white house today

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/874400872188571648

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

enraged_camel posted:

The thing is that this dude was quite liberal. But he was also young and naive and had made the mistake of trusting the first real authority figure in his adult life, i.e. his boss. So it's not just conservatives who don't get taxes. It's conservatives, and anyone else they can con.
Reminds me of the time that everyone at my retail job was bemoaning the concept of higher minimum wage in California. Some of them are still working there. I wonder if they want to go back to 2 dollars less per hour, you know, to help the economy and such.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Ugh. There was this pretty cool looking game at E3 that had realistic worlds with pixelated characters, but turns out it's made by some lowlife gamergater douchebag. :smith:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

It would be really awesome if Megyn Kelly burns out in like 2 months on NBC because she can't adjust to life outside of Fox News.

How hard can it be to adjust to a life where you aren't sexually harassed/assaulted every god drat day?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Sinteres posted:

god I wish a motherfucker would

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/dellcam/status/874386312018710529

:allears:

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

enraged_camel posted:

How hard can it be to adjust to a life where you aren't sexually harassed/assaulted every god drat day?
Pretty fuckin hard. Ask an ex-inmate.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Oh my goodness...poo poo's moving faster than I thought.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/AlexNBCNews/status/874401841114644485

https://twitter.com/igorbobic/status/874400744581066758

https://twitter.com/LACaldwellDC/status/874402499373010944

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jun 13, 2017

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Sinteres posted:

How is this good though? Is it supposed to backfire on him? Can we bet on it backfiring on him, or do we have to hope something happens from this first?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

lol the newsmax guy is saying how dumb an idea it would be to fire mueller in the interview where he says Trump is thinking of firing him, so i think trump definitely is loudly considering it and this leak is an attempt to get people to talk sense into him

that always works, right?

buglord posted:

How is this good though? Is it supposed to backfire on him? Can we bet on it backfiring on him, or do we have to hope something happens from this first?

the ceo of newsmax is like "that is the dumbest idea ever even though trump is pure as the driven snow and mueller although a nice person is the tool of the devil"

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

buglord posted:

Just today I was confident that it would backfire horribly, but the way right wing media have suddenly decided to pretend to think Mueller is out to get Trump, I'm not sure.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

So Mueller has about 2 weeks left tops to put a nice bow on that investigation.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

One day people will stop thinking millennials only live in southern california. one day, maybe.

Also this may be a dumb request, PPJ, but could you please number the tweets in your post to make it slightly easier when trying to find the right one to leave in for a quote?

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

buglord posted:

I keep getting ALCU emails about calling my reps or whatever regarding tomorrows hearing with Sessions. Is calling worth the hassle, even if I'm in deep blue California?

I'd much rather you call your senators over the AHCA. It has a bit more personal impact to most Americans than Jeff Sessions' ties with Russia.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

this would appear out of their usual schedule

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

buglord posted:

Republican will condemn it but odds are nothing will happen.

Someone a while ago posted a paragraph for the real universe vs ideal universe if this happened, but they all boil down to "nothing happens until 2018 at best because they need to rubberstamp their Murder the Poor healthcare bill first"

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

D-Pad posted:

One thing a lot of people in this thread forget is that these voters don't actually understand how progressive taxation works. They think if a rich dude gets taxed 35% then that 35% applies to all their income and not just the income over a certain amount. I have had to explain how it works to a ton of people, most of them who have been paying taxes for decades without understanding the concept. It blows their loving minds once they understand it and some, but not all, change their stance on taxes at least somewhat once they do understand.

IRL im a CPA in public practice, and every time one of my redneck stupid (and poor) relatives brings up the benefits that a flat tax system would bring I die a little inside. Ive attempted to explain progressive tax brackets, employment taxes and capital gains and how it all gets taxed to the major benefit of ultra wealthy. Usually this ends up in open mockery of my education and background, and that i dont get it because I'm too "book smart". Fox news has these guys trained too good. :eng99:

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

buglord posted:

this will absolutely backfire because the only reason for trump to fire muller is because trump is 100% guilty and freaking out about it

well, also, there's the fact that trump is not rational because he is an elderly man with a significant personality disorder but either way, not a good look at all

when nixon did something similar that's when the country finally turned on him

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

enraged_camel posted:

A life where you're held accountable for the stuff you say and do on TV could definitely be problematic for someone with the history of Megyn Kelly. Hence people getting angry that she's airing a softball interview with a vile conspiracy theorist with a history of attacking grieving parents.

I'm surprised. I always thought Kelly wasn't a "true believer" and knew how to adjust to whatever was happening, hence why people occasionally love her around her because she can read the way things are going and responds accordingly. But she might just have gotten used to the wide leeway that Fox News had and how any scandal could be dismissed with a long weekend and an entire RWM calling your a victim of the liberal media. Now she doesn't have the RWM defending her, doesn't have the Fox News low standards, and is still doing stuff like giving Alex Jones a platform. If she can't curb that its probably going to be a short run for her in "mainstream" news.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Mr Interweb posted:

Ugh. There was this pretty cool looking game at E3 that had realistic worlds with pixelated characters, but turns out it's made by some lowlife gamergater douchebag. :smith:

Also the cult in far cry 5 was shown to be super multicultural to make sure no one was shooting nazis like nazis complained

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Second time this popped up.

We might have a poo poo show later this week.

e: Apparently its already been posted. :(

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

boner confessor posted:

this will absolutely backfire because the only reason for trump to fire muller is because trump is 100% guilty and freaking out about it

well, also, there's the fact that trump is not rational because he is an elderly man with a significant personality disorder but either way, not a good look at all

My guess is that Congress would have a hard time not passing a new independent counsel statute.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
haha i bet he's doing this to put pressure on that little rat terrier fucker sessions to prove his loyalty

and then in three months sessions gets shitcanned anyway and then the trump admin is dead in the water as nobody except the most useless sycophant does anything to help trump or join his staff

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Its amazing how much the Utah GOP loving hates their tourism industry

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

boner confessor posted:

Yeah, I don't think he collided with Russia at all, but he just can't stand being questioned or scrutinized. So all this obstruction is just him not being able to tolerate being treated like a normal person.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

If he or anyone around him is smart, Trump is just floating this as a trial balloon to see how much pushback he gets ahead of time instead of finding out after the fact like he did with Comey.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

buglord posted:

Because that's not something that an innocent person does, and because it's what Nixon did. That's what the Saturday Day Massacre was all about. Firing Mueller would be a terrible, terrible idea. His base might not consider it proof-positive that he's guilty, but pretty much everyone else certainly would, particularly the House. We're all asking what the breaking point is for House Republicans with Trump. That would be the breaking point for most of them, guaranteed.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/874404157775654915

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/874403142657617921

lol hes talking to everyone about it and they're all flipping out and trying to figure out how you prevent him from doing something that stupid

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah this was leaked: how they know it happened is russians talking to each other about it

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

evilweasel posted:

My guess is that Congress would have a hard time not passing a new independent counsel statute.

Evilweasel as easy as it is to just be smug and call you naive, honestly, why do you think this would be a bridge too far?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Majorian posted:

Because that's not something that an innocent person does, and because it's what Nixon did. That's what the Saturday Day Massacre was all about. Firing Mueller would be a terrible, terrible idea. His base might not consider it proof-positive that he's guilty, but pretty much everyone else certainly would, particularly the House. We're all asking what the breaking point is for House Republicans with Trump. That would be the breaking point for most of them, guaranteed.

no they won't full on betray him, but passing independent counsel legislation would let them distance themselves from his criminality while leaving him in office to sign their poo poo

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

evilweasel posted:

That would be the angriest veto statement in US history. :allears:

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Bring it on, man. I almost hope he does fire Mueller. Not only would it all but act as an admission of guilt on the part of Trump, but drat-near every Republican that could be wrangled onto a Sunday morning news show is on record with their support for the dude.

Oh I want it so bad. I want to turn on Meet The Press and see Lindsey Graham out there doing the loving peppermint twist to walk back his endorsement, Paul Ryan shrugging while standing in a burning house, and John McCain rambling about a mouse he once fed a peanut to back in the turn of the century. Give it to me.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

evilweasel posted:

no they won't full on betray him, but passing independent counsel legislation would let them distance themselves from his criminality while leaving him in office to sign their poo poo

Trump wouldn't sign it and there are only so many people who can credibly fill the position of independent counsel.

I have no faith at all that the Republicans in the House and Senate will do anything to reign in any of Trump's actions. I hope Mueller is making off-site backups of whatever he finds.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

evilweasel posted:

Those who represent purple districts might not be quite so easy to whip in line...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fart City posted:

Bring it on, man. I hope he does fire Mueller. Not only would it all but act as an admission of guilt on the part of Trump, but drat-near every Republican that could be wrangled onto a Sunday morning news show is on record with their support for the dude.

Oh I want it so bad. I want to turn on Meet The Press and see Lindsey Graham out there doing the loving peppermint twist to walk back his endorsement, Paul Ryan shrugging while standing in a burning house, and John McCain rambling about a mouse he once fed a peanut to back in the turn of the century. Give it to me.

I feel like hoping that the worst that could happen would happen because it would guarantee someone would have to do something hasn't worked out very well for us with Trump for the last two years. I want the investigation to continue.

• Locked thread