Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't know if it has been pointed out yet, but this is the most important part of XCOM Mario:

https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/874360302833344512

Holy poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have this! It's the first "video game" I remember playing so a few years ago I went ahead and bought the ship and VHS tapes from eBay.

ENVY

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Ometeotl posted:

I wish the Rabbids game had never been leaked or rumored, just to see the reactions at the reveal.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have this! It's the first "video game" I remember playing so a few years ago I went ahead and bought the ship and VHS tapes from eBay.

Hell yeah, I had the bad guy ship (or whatever the black one was) and that black tape, and some Captain Power play armor and helmet. I should watch those on youtube, I assume they're on there.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Reposting for new page:

Can't quote right on an iPad, but again, the Rabbids RPG's designer creeped on Shigeru Miyamoto super hard and probably wants to sniff his hair, :siren:that is what you are supporting when you buy the Rabbids RPG:siren:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Yeah. You do you, guy.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
:siren: No one cares. :siren:

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't know if it has been pointed out yet, but this is the most important part of XCOM Mario:

https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/874360302833344512

What's this about, who's that?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

surf rock posted:

Ever play a Rare game on the N64?

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

surf rock posted:

Ex Rare composer. He did Banjo Kazooie's soundtrack.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Scratch-O posted:

Reposting for new page:

Can't quote right on an iPad, but again, the Rabbids RPG's designer creeped on Shigeru Miyamoto super hard and probably wants to sniff his hair, :siren:that is what you are supporting when you buy the Rabbids RPG:siren:

Good, I want to support that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Scratch-O posted:

Reposting for new page:

still better than ARMS

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Grant actually funneled all the best music he created over the last few years into Rabbids and left Yooka with all the scraps.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
That's it, I didn't want to do this but you morons have forced me.

I... I hope that this game sucks. And that you regret buying it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

How dare you.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It looks good

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Scratch-O posted:

It will be the first Ubisoft game I've bought in years. I'm surprised too.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer made me really sad. Not even close to the spirit or tone of the first game. You can imagine how pleased I was when I watched it for the first time in front of my 4 year old and they dropped about 15 f-bombs.

Lame. I've bought and beaten BG&E on PC, GameCube, PS2, and 360. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I don't know what the gently caress that trailer was.

What the world needed was an edgy, M-rated tryhard sequel to Beyond Good & Evil, yeah, that's what we needed.

Imagined fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Jun 13, 2017

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i need to see a bit more gameplay but seeing as FFT is dead, this might scratch that itch

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
why does that dumbass mario rabbids game look good? I don't even like that genre of games

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Imagined posted:

The Beyond Good and Evil 2 trailer made me really sad. Not even close to the spirit or tone of the first game. You can imagine how pleased I was when I watched it for the first time in front of my 4 year old and they dropped about 15 f-bombs.

Chillax, bro. You can't tell how good a game will be or what it will be like from a teaser trailer.

Edit: Ignore me, I'm dumb, I misread this as you dropping 15 f-bombs in reaction to the trailer instead of the trailer doing so. Very different type of post.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

XCOM Mario will sell billions and Miyamoto will have no choice but to accept his feelings.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imagined posted:

Lame. I've bought and beaten BG&E on PC, GameCube, PS2, and 360. It's one of my favorite games of all time. I don't know what the gently caress that trailer was.

They know kids dont know what bge is so they went adult banking on nostalgia. Bad strat imo but ancel makes cool games so ill deal

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Imagined posted:

What the world needed was an edgy, M-rated sequel to Beyond Good & Evil, yeah, that's what we needed.

If Prey couldn't get a proper sequel, nothing deserves it. I wanted to see what was beyond that portal.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

surf rock posted:

Chillax, bro. You can't tell how good a game will be or what it will be like from a teaser trailer.

Edit: Ignore me, I'm dumb, I misread this as you dropping 15 f-bombs in reaction to the trailer instead of the trailer doing so. Very different type of post.

But they're supposed to make you excited to buy the game, right? They failed. They did the opposite, for me at least.

Real hurthling! posted:

They know kids dont know what bge is so they went adult banking on nostalgia. Bad strat imo but ancel makes cool games so ill deal

So I'll ask the same question I always ask when people make a new thing based on a property I love and then turn it into something entirely different: why even bother using the name if the only people who recognize it are the people who'll be pissed that you changed it?

Imagined fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 13, 2017

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Skyrim was intended to have waggle controls from the very beginning, that's why there is no kind of timing to the combat at it's all about spamming attacks wildly.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Ever play a Rare game on the N64?

Did he write the DK Rap?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

gently caress you if you don't like the Rabbids man.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Skyrim was intended to have waggle controls from the very beginning, that's why there is no kind of timing to the combat at it's all about spamming attacks wildly.

lol

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

:lol:

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Scratch-O posted:

He was probably a teenage video game nerd who loved Nintendo during some of their best years with dreams of growing up and making said games, and finally got to do just that. You are probably the inventor of the Jump To Conclusions mat. Calm down and get out.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

I've never played a rabbids game and i am going to buy this mario + rabbids game and play it.

Thanks for listening.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

:five:

speaking of bethesda...NEW VEGAS SWITCH EDITION WHEN???

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Apparently the Mario + Rabbids collector version is only at Gamestop. Might take a trip there tomorrow to see if they have any in store pre-orders.

http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-switch/games/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-collectors-edition-only-at-gamestop/149728

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
do you really want a Rabbid statue that much?

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

Guy Goodbody posted:

do you really want a Rabbid statue that much?

No, but I'm probably getting a 3DS after watching the show tomorrow so I might as well check to see if I can score one and be a dirty flipper. Was posting more for anyone else who might be interested.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wait a month or two after release and you'll be able to score it for $20 or less like literally every Ubisoft special edition.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh poo poo look what just popped up on gamestop

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

GAME OF THE CENTURY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014