Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
FYI the Deluxe pack includes some....questionable wallpapers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

I am officially into this buddy cop duo.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
Nep vs Sega downloading :toot: Since 4GO is getting a simultaneous steam release I hope that becomes more a thing. Now I get to wait for Dark Rose Valkyrie to inevitably come to Steam.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

FYI the Deluxe pack includes some....questionable wallpapers.

Go on.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Four images that were wall scroll bonuses for various Japanese stores were included as wallpapers. One featuring a white popsicle. They're cropped for phone usage and most of the full art is online elsewhere, but I find it strange the western branch acknowledged it exists.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

IF is awfully ungrateful for someone who just got a free time traveling upgrade for her motorcycle.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

IF is a super bitch in this game, and much of it is everyone yelling at each other.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
This may be my least favorite Neptunia battle system since like, the original game. Don't like the quest time mechanic either even though it isn't a huge deal

Story and dialogue are really good though and I like the emphasis on a little more light platforming.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The Steam twitter had a brainfart when trying to report on the game's release.

超次元大戦ネプテューヌVSセガハードガールズ夢 is my favorite entry in the franchise.

orphean posted:

This may be my least favorite Neptunia battle system since like, the original game. Don't like the quest time mechanic either even though it isn't a huge deal
Yeah, some people go "Wow this is such an improvement, the best in the series!" and I really don't get where they're coming from after having played VII.

HGH fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 13, 2017

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Probably because every other game has had unnecessary "complexity" when it all boils down to mashing the same button anyway. Sega Hard Girls just did away with hiding it.

Edit: The only thing I don't like is being unable to hit multiple enemies by carefully lining up the hit box of the weapon, but that's minor. Careful positioning still allows you to hit multiple enemies per turn.

PureRok fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jun 13, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

chumbler posted:

IF is awfully ungrateful for someone who just got a free time traveling upgrade for her motorcycle.

END ME SCOOB posted:

I am officially into this buddy cop duo.

Ok, I need to get this game.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
:wink:

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
In Sega HG Vs Nep anyone else getting lots of CTDs when picking up the fever mode diamond? It just keeps happening to me and its frustrating as hell.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Neptune calling Saturn "Satan" and the voice the VA used had me literally laughing for a good 5 minutes.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/v2r/world/

It was always confirmed to be a remake, but this is pretty neat.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
The change between Unreal engines is pretty noticeable. The VR seems like a bog standard Summer Lesson style affair though.
Curious if there's any notable gameplay changes.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Neptunia will surpass all other RPGs.

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

So did Neptune get turned into a motorcycle, or what is going on there?

Edit: vv Clearly, she found the good drugs then.

Kevos Setzer fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jun 15, 2017

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yes

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

orphean posted:

In Sega HG Vs Nep anyone else getting lots of CTDs when picking up the fever mode diamond? It just keeps happening to me and its frustrating as hell.

If anyone else hits this the trigger is to only grab the crystal at the start of a character's turn. If you're attacking something and the crystal appears and you grab it, it'll CTD every time. Haven't had it crash on me if I grab it at the start of a character turn.

Still enjoying the game and I've warmed up a bit on the battle system since everything is so streamlined. I think it's the best side game yet honestly.

Dehry posted:

http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/v2r/world/

It was always confirmed to be a remake, but this is pretty neat.

quote:

Heart Dimension

The dimension of the mystery which can also be called empty.
It is said that in this world, it reflects the person's heart.

Heart Dimension Blanc in VR could be a whole game unto itself for some people.

orphean fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jun 15, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

drat, IF. Though I guess being around someone as high strung as Segami will do that to you.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

chumbler posted:

drat, IF. Though I guess being around someone as high strung as Segami will do that to you.

Nep v SeHa really does have some of the best dialogue.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
How much of VII is English dubbed? Every time I've seen this series played it's been in JP, so I'd like to try it out, but not if half the game will be in silence.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

HellCopter posted:

How much of VII is English dubbed? Every time I've seen this series played it's been in JP, so I'd like to try it out, but not if half the game will be in silence.

It's a normal dub, there's just the whole Sub vs Dub thing going on and the Japanese VAs are quite popular. At least with the most recent games I've switched to Japanese just to hear if silent segments were voiced in Japanese, but they weren't.

The English dub localizes a number of internet references and jokes so the Japanese audio doesn't really match in some places.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

V2 is pretty good about having EN voiced lines. R;B3 was apparently pretty terrible in that regard.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The rebirth games in general had a lot of issues around NISA owning the original translated content. The Japanese version could get away with reusing voice clips but the English version had to bring back the translator and VAs.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

The rebirth games in general had a lot of issues around NISA owning the original translated content. The Japanese version could get away with reusing voice clips but the English version had to bring back the translator and VAs.

Victory also had a lot of missing EN dialogue, I believe, so in the end, R;B work was just really cheap in the long run.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Not having English Nep is simply wrong.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

chumbler posted:

Not having English Nep is simply wrong.

Don't Nepshame. All Neps are fantastico.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Finished Nep vs Sega. Took only 20 hours.

Man, there's so much more they could have done with the time travel gimmick, but with how little it really matters you might as well just be flying to different places in the same timeline. I guess it's because it was only a side-game and not one of the mainline ones.

I wouldn't mind if they revisited the idea of time travelling to change time like Radiant Historia or something, and that's coming from someone who's not really a fan of time travel stuff. Histy did a good job of handwaving most of the issues I usually have with time travel.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think RB2 had near 1:1 ratio of English to Japanese voiced dialogue. RB3 was the worst by far with some major plot scenes being undubbed compared to Victory, as well as all the original DLC character scenes. You could easily check this on PC because it let you switch voice tracks on the fly mid cutscene.
VII was a good middle of the road but you can check the difference just by looking in the game's folder and comparing the size of the audio files. I forgot what it was labelled but there was one file specifically for cutscenes with a .jp and .eng version with the latter being smaller.

I think all the side games are fully dubbed though. PP, Noire, U, Sega... They're all pretty small scope. Oh and Blanc too, minus the Backstage Talk scenes that automatically switch to Japanese, which just makes the whole "Everyone is pretending to be actors" concept more amusing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Nep vs Sega reminds me again that I wonder if the Nep games will ever figure out what a reasonable scaling curve is, considering bosses in the apparently normal progression will one shot you and take no damage, and the area they're in contains monsters that you one shot.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Every Nep game I played has always left me with a sense that if I go gain a few levels, I don't actually feel more powerful than I was before, and it's only if I go to a much earlier area that I eventually realize "oh, I must have gained a lot of power, but I sure never felt it."

The balancing of the series is just weird.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Balancing does not seem like a priority of a series that always sells stupidly overpowered borderline cheat code DLC type things.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey at least they're usually cheap

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
On a tangentially related thing, I started up God Eater 2 today and was going through the voices and found out one is basically Neptune. I had to really fight the urge to make my MC Neptune. Even now I kind of want to restart and do it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
You don't need to restart. If you "import" your save using the cross save stuff you can recreate your character without losing progress.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

PureRok posted:

On a tangentially related thing, I started up God Eater 2 today and was going through the voices and found out one is basically Neptune. I had to really fight the urge to make my MC Neptune. Even now I kind of want to restart and do it.

God Eater 1 has a voice set from Uzume's VA, and it makes me smile every time.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
Finished up SHG vs Nep. A fun side game but feels a bit barren since it more or less looks and plays like a mainline game. Now the wait til 4GO begins...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I was playing some of Blanc vs Zombies and hoo boy do I hope 4GO improves dramatically on that. The boss enemies are seriously awful to fight.

Also I've never figured out, what is the origin of the running gag of other characters thinking Neptune is hard to say?