Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
I'm a little disappointed that some of this stuff won't be out until 2018, but then again Sony always has a chunk of releases the early part of the year and not much for the holiday seasons.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased. Spider-Man looks good, Uncharted DLC and Horizon Zero Dawn DLC look good. Monster Hunter is a big get, as is Undertale. SOTC remaster is a day 1 for me.

With the development issues around FF7 and KH3 they probably have nothing to show yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I guess that makes sense.

I dunno, I just didn't see much that was super interesting that was exclusive outside of Spider-man or God of War.

It felt like it was riding on multiplats and stuff they announced a long time ago.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

CBJSprague24 posted:

Anybody else had a charging issue with a Dualshock controller only charging if it's held just right at an almost vertical angle regardless of which cord is being used to charge it?

Sounds like when my phones charging ports start to go. Forcing it into the right issue can just make it not work all the quicker.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

CBJSprague24 posted:

Anybody else had a charging issue with a Dualshock controller only charging if it's held just right at an almost vertical angle regardless of which cord is being used to charge it?

probably the port

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I guess that makes sense.

I dunno, I just didn't see much that was super interesting that was exclusive outside of Spider-man or God of War.

It felt like it was riding on multiplats and stuff they announced a long time ago.

The multiplats and their development are out of their hands. You're not gonna be able to force SE (for example) to move faster on FF7 or KH3.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Elmon posted:

That was a bit disappointing. As is expected of all new spiderman games since 2.

The real highlight might end up being the compilation of all the QTE fails that someone will eventually put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxqagtbtS90

If this game can do that it'll all have been worth it.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Morby posted:

The multiplats and their development are out of their hands. You're not gonna be able to force SE (for example) to move faster on FF7 or KH3.

I'm just saying only two things really excited me as a Playstation 4 owner.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Which peripheral is that? PSVR is easy to find.
Not in Japan at least. Whenever the topic of low PSVR sales comes up on 2ch or whatever every single post is "yeah maybe try keeping them in stores if you want them to be sold" and "yeah maybe do something about scalpers owning all of them"

I managed to get one used at sale price somehow, but I have never ever seen one for sale new here.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I skipped the PS3 and haven't had access to a PS2 in ages, so having access SotC again is nice for me. DLC for Horizon is also good, but the show was underwhelming overall. None of the totally new games interest me much. Maybe GoW will be good this time? Spiderman looks like a really QTE heavy cinematic game, not for me.

Wish From Soft's wasn't so strict about saving their announcements for TGS, really want to know what's next from them.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

glam rock hamhock posted:

Eh, that was pretty weak. They just didn't have much new.

Yeah. The games they showed looked really good but the conference just felt like, "Hey, remember those games we announced at past conferences that still aren't out yet?" and it's disappointing that they had nothing new to show other than a remake of a PS2 game. I guess this is the result of Sony shutting down so many studios over the years and given the absence of Dreams yet again, I'm beginning to think that Media Molecule is next on the chopping block. Seems a safe assumption that Gran Turismo Sport has suffered another delay too, given its absence.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Mixed feelings about SOTC being a full on remake, likely without Ueda. This is probably just my bias showing but stylistically it seemed a little..off?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Lobok posted:

The real highlight might end up being the compilation of all the QTE fails that someone will eventually put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxqagtbtS90

If this game can do that it'll all have been worth it.

is the whole game a qte

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Samurai Sanders posted:

I managed to get one used at sale price somehow
what have you played on it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The whole thing really felt like "Sony E3 2016: Part 2" more than anything really new or exciting. Just. Longer looks at stuff we largely knew about, plus Monster Hunter with all the visual interest sucked out.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

what have you played on it
Rez like hell.

Also just normal games where I want a giant virtual screen.

edit: Farpoint comes out here next week or so, I'll probably get that.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

TFRazorsaw posted:

Monster Hunter with all the visual interest sucked out.
huh?

it looks like monster hunter to me

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

At this point there's probably a dozen really good games for PSVR.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I've been waiting for a monster hunter on a system I own ever since tri, but I wonder if it's actually going to be the first MH game without 90% of the content being copy pasted from previous games

there's about 1 in 100 odds of that being the case though

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Awesome! posted:

huh?

it looks like monster hunter to me

It looked like Horizon: Monster Hunter Dawn

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

veni veni veni posted:

Mixed feelings about SOTC being a full on remake, likely without Ueda. This is probably just my bias showing but stylistically it seemed a little..off?

Yeah the art style seems a bit... I dunno. Doesn't quite have the character that his stuff does, but I can't really put my finger on why.

I think the only thing that grabbed my attention from all of E3 that isn't either a DLC campaign or a remaster is the new Wolfenstein. I guess we just had a string of great games, so a dry spell was due. And studios like From and Naughty Dog do have stuff on the horizon which just wasn't shown here.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

spider-man looks really nice but the insane number of qte's worries me

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

veni veni veni posted:

I was super excited for that too considering I haven't played the original :(

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

So...lmao...FF7..?

:o:

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

SUNKOS posted:

Yeah. The games they showed looked really good but the conference just felt like, "Hey, remember those games we announced at past conferences that still aren't out yet?" and it's disappointing that they had nothing new to show other than a remake of a PS2 game. I guess this is the result of Sony shutting down so many studios over the years and given the absence of Dreams yet again, I'm beginning to think that Media Molecule is next on the chopping block. Seems a safe assumption that Gran Turismo Sport has suffered another delay too, given its absence.

I'm guessing Dreams hit a technical or conceptual wall like Crackdown 3 and underwent a reboot. Or they'll have the misfortune of being a Sony studio based in the UK that hasn't shipped a hit in years.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I thought the show was real good for what they showed. hoping theres some of the more cool weird stuff saved for psx cause this was a bit too mainstream focused aside from vr.

2018 is gonna be another great year

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Elmon posted:

Sounds like when my phones charging ports start to go. Forcing it into the right issue can just make it not work all the quicker.

Awesome! posted:

probably the port

poo poo. Any fix or is it time to buy a new one?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Elmon posted:

I was super excited for that too considering I haven't played the original :(

Well. I'm sure it will be good since bluepoint is great at what they do and the source material is one of the best games of all time , but I think all the little subtleties and details are what make an Ueda game. And I'm not sure I trust anyone else to nail that aspect and it's pretty critical to me. The trailer kind of makes me feel like it's missing something and the art style seems changed quite a bit.

Watch it'll turn out he was involved all along and I was just being reactionary. Somethin ain't right in that trailer though.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it was really underwhelming for me considering the vast majority of the games were announced like a year ago and there were some notable absences from square

there were sme surprises (monster hunter), but most of the games I already knew about and these trailers did not change my opinion on them. also the production this year was terrible

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
2018 is shaping up to be another big open world game year.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Real hurthling! posted:

I thought the show was real good for what they showed. hoping theres some of the more cool weird stuff saved for psx cause this was a bit too mainstream focused aside from vr.

2018 is gonna be another great year

Yeah I'm starting to get the vibe that Sony is purposely splitting their content between E3 and their own conference in December. Cause really they could have just saved that TLOU2 trailer we saw last year for this E3 presentation and people would have been slightly happier with tonight's show.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Sony's been doing it for awhile now. They want a full year cycle of being in the news and the PSX being in Winter does that, and they even specifically target it at their biggest, most hardcore fans with crazy poo poo like Yakuza announcements and TLoU2. E3 for the past couple years has been an affair of getting the most casual friendly AAA games out front and at PSX they sneak you the core audience games.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bubba Smith posted:

Yeah I'm starting to get the vibe that Sony is purposely splitting their content between E3 and their own conference in December. Cause really they could have just saved that TLOU2 trailer we saw last year for this E3 presentation and people would have been slightly happier with tonight's show.

yep last years psx was the 50+ game announcements. e3 is the multimillion selling games showcase

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Digirat posted:

I've been waiting for a monster hunter on a system I own ever since tri, but I wonder if it's actually going to be the first MH game without 90% of the content being copy pasted from previous games

there's about 1 in 100 odds of that being the case though

well dont worry because that new dinosaur has the same skeleton and animations they've been using forever

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

SUNKOS posted:

Seems a safe assumption that Gran Turismo Sport has suffered another delay too, given its absence.

Nope they showed it in the 30 minute pre-show block of trailers before the conference officially started and said it's coming this fall. Make up your own mind as to what that means for their confidence in the title tho. Honestly Forza looks a lot better in every way from everything I've seen lol

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

SUNKOS posted:

Seems a safe assumption that Gran Turismo Sport has suffered another delay too, given its absence.

They showed a bunch of that in the preshow and said it's coming out this fall.

By the way, for those that didn't see the preshow the bigger things were weird multiplayer Until Dawn like game from the Until Dawn people, some Apples to Apples like ripoff, Sidescrolling shooter by Housemarque, Superhot VR and Undertale for PS4 and Vita.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Sony's been doing it for awhile now. They want a full year cycle of being in the news and the PSX being in Winter does that, and they even specifically target it at their biggest, most hardcore fans with crazy poo poo like Yakuza announcements and TLoU2. E3 for the past couple years has been an affair of getting the most casual friendly AAA games out front and at PSX they sneak you the core audience games.

That's true. If Q1 2018 is anything like Q1 2017 was in terms of the number and quality of games released, it'll be insanely fun.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

My stream poo poo the bed a few times. Did they even mention GT Sport?

oh. Asked and answered.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007

Fix posted:

My stream poo poo the bed a few times. Did they even mention GT Sport?

In the pre show

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Can't wait to see which games show up at E3 again next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

glam rock hamhock posted:

They showed a bunch of that in the preshow and said it's coming out this fall.

By the way, for those that didn't see the preshow the bigger things were weird multiplayer Until Dawn like game from the Until Dawn people, some Apples to Apples like ripoff, Sidescrolling shooter by Housemarque, Superhot VR and Undertale for PS4 and Vita.

Uh, Everybody's Golf and Ni No Kuni 2.