Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

IMB posted:

God help me, I picked up Tanaka for this week

i immediately regret this decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
The following pitchers are good:

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Since I traded Lorenzo Cain for Tanaka:

Cain: 13 R, 4 HR, 10 RBI, .269

Tanaka: 10 IP, 6 K, 10.13 ERA, 1.69 WHIP

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Mitch Haniger tho

Haniger: 4/6, 3 R, 2 RBI

Rest of team: 4/28, 1 R, 3 RBI

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
Tanaka rallying, nice. I always believed in him.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Same but Kluber

:raise:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Rand alPaul posted:

The following pitchers are good: luis severino, sean manaea

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Alex wood has been p good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
SHAMEFULLY UNDER-REPRESENTED

Robert Ray

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I grabbed lotto tickets Jeff hoffman, ben lively, and sean newcomb and am basically praying for pitching at this point :ohdear:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

He's gotten better the last few starts, but on the whole he's been very underwhelming this season and only recently got his ERA under 5

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Porcello is the same guy he always is . Slightly higher walks but nothing major.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The Mariners scored 14 runs and Cano went 1/6 with a single :geno:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Rand alPaul posted:

The following pitchers are good:

I have no regrets drafting Kershaw second overall. Especially since my hitters are leading the league in R, HR, & RBI.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

euphronius posted:

Porcello is the same guy he always is . Slightly higher walks but nothing major.

He was really drat good in the 2nd half of last year. I thought there was a chance he had developed into an actual stud. I didn't actually think he did (hence my hesitation in keeping him), but I thought there was a chance.

He was the 10th out of 10 I chose. The others in the running were Matz (who is always hurt) and Duvall. I really wish I'd kept Duvall.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Michael Fulmer has shoulder soreness :rip:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Zack, no, I thought we were cool

Flimflam Man
Apr 18, 2007

My strategy is so simple an idiot could have devised it.
Desperate for any semblance of pitching I gave Buck Farmer a shot tonight. loving lol.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
gently caress Barmer

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
3 blowups in a row for Marco Estrada

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

coronaball posted:

3 blowups in a row for Marco Estrada

So Estrada sucked, I wonder how Wheeler di- :yikes:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Brad Peacock otoh

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

please see this season, last season, and really all other prior seasons as prime examples why you don't draft pitching in the first 15 rounds of a snake or for more than like $3 in an auction. it's so drat random. elite closers are all i'll ever spend on.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Abel Wingnut posted:

please see this season, last season, and really all other prior seasons as prime examples why you don't draft pitching in the first 15 rounds of a snake or for more than like $3 in an auction. it's so drat random. elite closers are all i'll ever spend on.

My Kershaw Carrasco Darvish Ray and Duffy team isn't doing too shabby. (and Pomeranz)

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Abel Wingnut posted:

Yeah about that, I saw this today and realized this season is just completely loving random, because who predicted ANY of these guys outhitting Mookie Betts?

Basically, don't draft anybody :colbert:

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

derek fisher up. could be somebody.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He's batting lead off now which is a trend that I think I might hate or love depending on the outcome, I'm nervously ambivalent at the moment

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Someone please go back in time and persuade me not to draft Johnny Cueto, who is currently getting shelled by one of the worst-hitting teams in baseball.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
It's not even just that pitching sucks, its that pitching sucks in weird and complicated ways to screw me over. I'll have two pitchers facing off against each other, both will get shelled, the one reliever I have for one of the winning pitchers will come in and get shelled, thus blowing the save and the win. Or my guy will pitch lights out, take the L because his offense generated 0 runs, then the next day the same offense puts up 10+.

Pitching can go fly a kite.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

In my second league I added Faria before his first start, he pitched well but when he got sent back down I dropped him, putting him on waivers and making me unable to pick him back up when Andriese got hurt and he got recalled. I also have Cole Hamels and Lance McCullers and Aaron Sanchez in that league...

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yeah the past couple weeks have been brutal for injuries.

If you had to drop Villar, Chris Davis (out for at least a month) or Kyle Hendricks (MRI on Friday) to clear a roster spot, who would you let go?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
try to trade them to some team with open DL slots. I would give a good piece for Villar and I don't even have open DL spots.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Schweinhund posted:

try to trade them to some team with open DL slots. I would give a good piece for Villar and I don't even have open DL spots.

Everyone in that league (Yahoo pro league btw) has multiple players on the DL though. In fact some guy posted on the message board a few days ago offering his injured players for trade

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh boy even Andrew Miller chipping in tonight:

Rand alPaul fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jun 15, 2017

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Abel Wingnut posted:

derek fisher up. could be somebody.

good start last night

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

My league is notoriously hard to trade in, and I had Cespedes coming off the DL so I dropped Thames before his homer & double last night. Surely this will not come back to bite me.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so the resident dumbass in my league began the year bragging how his drafted team topped the league per this piece of software. does any recognize it?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

someone please teach that man what print screen does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Abel Wingnut posted:

so the resident dumbass in my league began the year bragging how his drafted team topped the league per this piece of software. does any recognize it?

Seems to be this one: https://www.fantasypros.com/mlb/myplaybook/baseball-league-analyzer.php

• Locked thread