Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I think it's a Chaos route. I picked it back up yesterday for the first time in maybe a year. I was at Jezebel, I was kind of messing around but I actually managed to beat her lol. All my party died except Yuzu, Jezebel had just a sliver of health left thanks to some solid Deathbounding from Atsuro. Yuzu just had to walk up and poke her.

We now have to kill the 3 other somethings to let Demons flood into Tokyo, so that we can access the server and save the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Dangit, I can't find my DeSu overcooked copy, now I'm mad, wanted to try pushing through to an ending

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I finally did it, I beat SMTIV. It had some ups and quite some downs, but overall I think it was an ok game.

I don't know what I'll play next, but I'm a little burnt out on rpgs after P5 and SMTIV back to back. Then again I've got a hankering to finally beat one of the Etrian Odyssey games I got.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Lessail posted:

I finally did it, I beat SMTIV. It had some ups and quite some downs, but overall I think it was an ok game.

I don't know what I'll play next, but I'm a little burnt out on rpgs after P5 and SMTIV back to back. Then again I've got a hankering to finally beat one of the Etrian Odyssey games I got.
If you like using your 3DS and want to blow some steam with non-RPG's, how about the Mega Man X series? The first one is pretty much one of the best games ever to come out from the early 90's and the third one lets you play as Zero.

I love me some Etrian Odyssey (there's something I find really rad about doing your own maps and mark them as you see fit), but they are really heavy duty and coming off a MegaTen can be quite the bitch.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Wark Say posted:

If you like using your 3DS and want to blow some steam with non-RPG's, how about the Mega Man X series? The first one is pretty much one of the best games ever to come out from the early 90's and the third one lets you play as Zero.

I love me some Etrian Odyssey (there's something I find really rad about doing your own maps and mark them as you see fit), but they are really heavy duty and coming off a MegaTen can be quite the bitch.

I might just switch over to PS4 and play Horizon Zero Dawn since I got burnt out on open world games before getting P5.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Has Atlus mentioned anything about P3FES coming to PS2 Classics on PS4? Because, like, it sort of has a banner in the PS4 store, even though it leads to the PS3 version, even though you can't see PS3 games on the PS4 store

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Freak Futanari posted:

Has Atlus mentioned anything about P3FES coming to PS2 Classics on PS4? Because, like, it sort of has a banner in the PS4 store, even though it leads to the PS3 version, even though you can't see PS3 games on the PS4 store

I've been putting off Nocturne even though I have it on PS3 because I really want it to come to PS4

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
god.....now im thinking about if atlus did a full nocturne remake like the shadow of colossus remake announced earlier.....

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Isn't Nocturne not really all that popular in Japan, at least not as popular as it is in the West?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kay Kessler posted:

Isn't Nocturne not really all that popular in Japan, at least not as popular as it is in the West?

It was popular enough to get 2 re-releases and a radio drama at the very least. :shrug:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Moltrey posted:

god.....now im thinking about if atlus did a full nocturne remake like the shadow of colossus remake announced earlier.....

SOTC was a game that really suffered being on PS2 hardware though. The game's vision couldn't fully be realized at the time

Atlus put out a PS3 game in 2017

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It was popular enough to get 2 re-releases and a radio drama at the very least. :shrug:
Now I'm starting to wonder if Lucifer himself works at Atlus.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Moltrey posted:

I would like this as well. Nocturne was certainly the most fun I've ever had with an SMT/Persona battle system and, overall, of the five games I've played, is definitely my second favorite after P4G.

Plus I no longer have a PS3 so an updated PS4 version be geat. Could they maybe give us the Chronicle version with Raidou?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Unless they were to work in tandem with Capcom again, a hypothetical remake couldn't be Maniax and returning to Vanilla would be stupid and backwards so

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Why? If it's Dante they already replaced him with Raidou in a Japanese rerelease.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Why would they need to go back to vanilla though? Atlus already pulled Dante from Devil May Cry™ out and swapped in Raidou once, I don't see why they couldn't do it again.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

that is literally my point yes

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Dragonatrix posted:

that is literally my point yes

Except a remake based on Maniax Chronicle wouldn't be returning to vanilla?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

???

Dragonatrix posted:

returning to Vanilla would be stupid and backwards

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Dragonatrix posted:

a hypothetical remake couldn't be Maniax

There is a version of Maniax without Dante is the point everyone is making. You seem to realize that, so your post here must have been phrased wrong.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Honestly? I just want to see SMTV. The Demi-Fiend probably no longer wants to hang out with me and be slaughter-buddies. :(

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to
People on Twitter saying that Persona 3 FES is on PS4 via PSN now.

I'd check but PSN will not load for me at all.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

The Machine posted:

I checked and didn't see it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

The Machine posted:

It's showing just a banner on the Euro store with the PS3 classic description. Hopefully this means it's really coming though

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
I keep checking, only to be disappointed. Sigh.

In other news, Sega wants to bring Yakuza and Persona to PC. Same, Sega, I also want that.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
gently caress yeah

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

I hate how Macca is in such short supply in DS:O. It makes fusing new demons kind of frustrating.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

irlZaphod posted:

I hate how Macca is in such short supply in DS:O. It makes fusing new demons kind of frustrating.
I haven't played in a while, but wasn't there literally a mechanic in both DeSu games that, depending on how well you do in battle, the Macca you receive gets exponentially bigger?

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Wark Say posted:

I haven't played in a while, but wasn't there literally a mechanic in both DeSu games that, depending on how well you do in battle, the Macca you receive gets exponentially bigger?

You get a little bit more, but nothing crazy.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah I dunno, I can get about 10k Macca from a battle (free battles, at least). The fact that you can't recruit demons without spending Macca, unlike other games with Negotiation, means that anything you get from battles is soon gone.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
So, I decided to do a cover of SMTI Jakyou on a Roland SC-55:

https://soundcloud.com/amirali-mohayaee/smti-jakyou-manor-cover-roland-sc-55

I sent it Tsukasa Musako/Project SATAN just to get that fanboy recognition. Didn't expect him to say anything; maybe a small thank you, but I was surprised when he sent me this.

Tsukasa Musako posted:

I heard. SC-55 is my favorite sound source. It was SC-55 mk II that I was using.
Copy of the song It feels nice. I also like to use choir. Now, if I rearrange, I would like to emphasize the solemn feeling by slowing down the tempo slower and deepening the reverb.
This year is a memorial year for Megamitensei, Shin Megamitensei, so I'd like to do something.

I would honestly love to see him back and doing things for the series even if it's just one game.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
That's loving awesome, great job!

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I've started making a Persona 5 calendar for 2018. I made a Persona 4 one a few years back, but this one will be more of a challenge.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

The Machine posted:

That's loving awesome, great job!

Not gonna lie, my cover still is incomplete, but it feels pretty awesome getting a response like that from the grandfather of SMT music :)

Edit: phone autocorrect really sucks

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Jun 22, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
aww, and he gave you some advice too. So cute.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Uncle Kitchener posted:

I sent it Tsukasa Musako/Project SATAN just to get that fanboy recognition. Didn't expect him to say anything; maybe a small thank you, but I was surprised when he sent me this.

I would honestly love to see him back and doing things for the series even if it's just one game.

Welcome

To the catheeeedral of shadows

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Welcome

Where deeemons gather

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Uncle Kitchener posted:

:swoon:

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Welcome

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Four years later, finally beat the ultimate boss of Soul Hackers 3DS, and it made want to buckle down and finish Raidou 1.

I remember really digging the combination of pseudohistory mystery and action-RPG, but it feels like Raidou is a little too reliant on his demon, since you can't do very much damage with your sword unless you use team attacks. I'm only on chapter 2 though, hopefully I'll unlock more gameplay options soon (I hear sword fusion is in this game?). I'm sure it's been said many times, but I'd plop down money for Devil Summoner Raidou Rising so fast, I'd trigger the equivalent of Witch Time.