Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stuporstar
May 5, 2008

Where do fists come from?
I've been playing Rot's Immersive Madness ("Immersive" being a joke of course) and enjoying the hell out of it so far: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44983/ Best quest mod I've tried out in a while.

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

e: at some point i'm going to package this up and illegally distribute this. stuporstar wtb your new weapons / armor textures so daddy darknut doesn't want to murder me

The few replacers I've done so far might look weird in contrast to Darknut's stuff, at least the textures. I've been mostly trying to tone down the grit in Tyddy's textures to bring them closer to the originals. But yeah, if anyone ever wants to package my replacers up, I'm cool with it.

Stuporstar fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Tamriel Rebuilt is the only quest mod I am aware of that is as good or better than Vanilla content. The only downside is that it doesn't add anything to the mainland, so you have to go out of your way to check it out.

This guys post contains all the good mods. Also this Loot Randomizer seems pretty amazing as well.

I've heard about Tamriel Rebuilt before, but I'm not really familiar with it. I assumed that it was another one of the umpteen projects to remake one of the other Elder Scrolls games in another game, like Skywind or Morroblivion.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
It was the first. Its original goal was to make all of Tamriel in Morrowind. That was, I have to say, completely impossible (both logistically and probably technically- weird poo poo happens when you get too far out from Cell 0,0).

So now its merely trying to do the rest of Morrowind (the mainland), which they probably won't manage, but they HAVE released the peninsula to the east of Vvardenfell (Telvanni and Indoril territory) and a bit of the coastline quested and most of the rest in a 'it's not done but check it out' format.

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Max Wilco posted:

I've heard about Tamriel Rebuilt before, but I'm not really familiar with it. I assumed that it was another one of the umpteen projects to remake one of the other Elder Scrolls games in another game, like Skywind or Morroblivion.

TR's goal is to add in all of mainland Morrowind (i.e. more than just Vvardenfell) and adds a lot of new content, quests, and areas to explore. The quests were pretty good last time I gave it a try, which was a few years ago.

My favorite part is forgetting I have it installed and then wondering where the gently caress I am when I Almsivi/Divine Intervention and end up somewhere on the mainland :downs:

e: vvv :thumbsup:

Pikestaff fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 12, 2017

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Pikestaff posted:

TR's goal is to add in all of mainland Morrowind (i.e. more than just Vvardenfell) and adds a lot of new content, quests, and areas to explore. The quests were pretty good last time I gave it a try, which was a few years ago.

My favorite part is forgetting I have it installed and then wondering where the gently caress I am when I Almsivi/Divine Intervention and end up somewhere on the mainland :downs:

Protip: if it's Firewatch, an Almsivi Intervention will take you to Ranyon'ruhn and a Divine Intervention will take you to Sadrith Mora right by the Mages' Guild.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
From last page but no, mod Organizer does not support Morrowind sadly.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Muffinwind imo

Listen to Lunchmeat Larry, people.

Muffinwind is great. It's the true third expac.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Gyshall posted:

From last page but no, mod Organizer does not support Morrowind sadly.

Should I use Nexus Mod Manager, or should I just try to install mods manually? I know it's preferable to use MO over NMM, but if MOt doesn't work, I figure maybe NMM might work better, since I recall it letting you set Morrowind as one of the directories.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

Should I use Nexus Mod Manager, or should I just try to install mods manually? I know it's preferable to use MO over NMM, but if MOt doesn't work, I figure maybe NMM might work better, since I recall it letting you set Morrowind as one of the directories.

manually or wrye mash

Orv
May 4, 2011
Did anything cool come of the mod month or was that for June and not May?

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

manually or wrye mash

I'm not familiar with Wrye Bash. Is it easy to set up with Morrowind? The Nexus page says it has two different version (Standalone & Python), and Morrowind isn't listed among the compatible games?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Max Wilco posted:

I'm not familiar with Wrye Bash. Is it easy to set up with Morrowind? The Nexus page says it has two different version (Standalone & Python), and Morrowind isn't listed among the compatible games?

Wrye Bash is for 'Blivion; Wrye Mash is for Morrowind. Then Wrye retired and people took over Wrye Bash and made it work with Skyrim instead of creating Wrye Sash for it. I guess people didn't like the sound of "Wrye Fash" for Fallout.

Anyway; Wrye Mash can be found here: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/27588/
If you'd rather not have to install Python, you can find a stand-alone version here: http://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/44386/
But the stand-alone version was uploaded by people who think Comic Sans MS is a good font for a readme, so maybe you're safer sticking with the Python version...

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1180562-yacobys-wrye-mash-fork/

This is the best standalone wyre mash with good font and drag and drop reordering

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

Max Wilco posted:

So, here's Morrowind before Tamriel Rebuilt (no Fort Firemoth because I just forgot to export it this time):

And here's after:

And here's what happens if you take other province mods into account (landmass not up-to-date with latest Cyrodiil/Skyrim planning revisions):

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 12, 2017

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So how big does today's Tamriel Rebuilt make Morrowind's gameworld relative to other present day gameworlds?

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Still not that big.
A very old thread puts that into context.
With TR_Mainland, I think it's bigger than Skyrim. With TR_Preview as well, bigger than Oblivion.

Still nothing compared to modern gameworlds. Procedural generation is hip and cool again, and Daggerfall was the last TES game that really used it (except for the Skyrim misc quests).

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 12, 2017

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

What's the landmass north of Skyrim supposed to be? Atmora?

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Roscrea. It's one of the Project Tamriel mods that's really low-key and on the backburner.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Atrayonis posted:

Still not that big.
A very old thread puts that into context.
With TR_Mainland, I think it's bigger than Skyrim. With TR_Preview as well, bigger than Oblivion.

quote:

Skyrim Tamriel Worldspace: 3808 x 3008 [ 119 x 94 TES4 size cells ] = 6.9km x 5.4km = 37.6 sq km = 14.5 sq miles
Oblivion Cyrodiil Worldspace: 4288 x 4128 [ 134 x 129 TES4 size cells ] = 7.7km x 7.4km = 57 sq km = 22 sq miles
Morrowind Vvardenfell World: 2688 x 2816 [ 84 x 88 TES4 size cells ] = 4.8km x 5km = 24 sq km = 9.3 sq miles
Fallout3 Wasteland Worldspace: 6304x6400 [ 197 x 200 TES4 size cells ] = 11.3km x 11.5km = 130 sq km = 50 sq miles
Fallout3 New Vegas WastelandNV: 4096x4128 [ 128 x 129 TES4 size cells ] = 7.3km x 7.4km = 54 sq km = 21 sq miles

Cool.

Apples and oranges, obviously, but I remember Daggerfall was around 60 thousand square miles, or 150-something thousand square kilometers. And at that point you might as well throw in Fallout 1 and 2. :v:

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

didn't fallout 1 and 2 have a world map between playable zones, like you couldn't actually walk from New Reno to Redding

I don't think that counts for map space when determining a game's playable size

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Arcanum on the other hand.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Babe Magnet posted:

didn't fallout 1 and 2 have a world map between playable zones, like you couldn't actually walk from New Reno to Redding

I don't think that counts for map space when determining a game's playable size

Yeah. You could stop anywhere on the world map and get a semi-random zone to explore, but it wasn't a contiguous world at all.

edit: VVV That's a reasonable point. On that topic, though, is it actually impossible to walk, non-fasttravel, from town to town in Daggerfall, or just thoroughly impractical? I haven't done much outside Privateer's Hold.

Vavrek fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 13, 2017

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

My attempt at a point was that in practice, Daggerfall had a world-map-with-random-encounters just like the Fallouts, just with way more points of putative interest. So if you were going to add Daggerfall to the comparison chart, you might as well add them too, which would show how ridiculous it would be to add any of them.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Vavrek posted:

Yeah. You could stop anywhere on the world map and get a semi-random zone to explore, but it wasn't a contiguous world at all.

edit: VVV That's a reasonable point. On that topic, though, is it actually impossible to walk, non-fasttravel, from town to town in Daggerfall, or just thoroughly impractical? I haven't done much outside Privateer's Hold.

You can do it, there's just literally no reason to.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

Atrayonis posted:

So, here's Morrowind before Tamriel Rebuilt (no Fort Firemoth because I just forgot to export it this time):

And here's after:

And here's what happens if you take other province mods into account (landmass not up-to-date with latest Cyrodiil/Skyrim planning revisions):

:eyepop:Wow, that a lot of additional land to explore.

Does the mod cause any major issues, or does it heavily affect the content main game? Like I said, I haven't played Morrowind yet, so I'm not really familiar with the vanilla game, and trying to work through all of that extra land seems daunting.

What are the two areas over on the left (near Skyrim and Cyrodil), and what is the big bright square area on the far right?

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

I like how Arena did its out of town world generation. Lots of random roads, smaller hamlets, dungeons and odd abandoned mansions and villas filled with monsters and other adventurers. Way better than Daggerfall's arid lands.

btw, I've played so, so, so much daggerfall and think is one of the best in the series. It has so many negative points which would turn off most ES players but its perfect for me. Morrowind and Skyrim has very poor random quest generation in comparison.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

apparently in Arena if you walk far enough out of town you eventually cross the game world, loop and come back to a hosed up backwards version of the town you left without ever really having encountered any other places, which is very Calvino really

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

apparently in Arena if you walk far enough out of town you eventually cross the game world, loop and come back to a hosed up backwards version of the town you left without ever really having encountered any other places, which is very Calvino really

I love this stuff. All open world games should have some kind of reward for walking crazy far by giving you a glitched hellscape, or at least a large black and white .bmp of the development team's faces floating in the skybox or something.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Max Wilco posted:

:eyepop:Wow, that a lot of additional land to explore.

Does the mod cause any major issues, or does it heavily affect the content main game? Like I said, I haven't played Morrowind yet, so I'm not really familiar with the vanilla game, and trying to work through all of that extra land seems daunting.

What are the two areas over on the left (near Skyrim and Cyrodil), and what is the big bright square area on the far right?

Currently TR does not alter vanilla quests in any way. They have indicated a desire to change that to blend it all together, which I am wary of, as they speak about "fulfilling Bethesda's vision" (which smells of arrogance to me).

Cyrodiilblob is Stirk, part of Project Cyrodiil, and Skyrimblob is The Reach, part of Skyrim: Home of the Nords.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Sky Shadowing posted:

they speak about "fulfilling Bethesda's vision" (which smells of arrogance to me).

Yeah they've got their heads pretty far up their asses, and also pretty far up Kirkbride's rear end too.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
By fulfilling Bethesda's vision I understood that to mean that Bethesda originally wanted to create the whole of Morrowind rather than Vvardenfell.

I honestly can't praise the people at Tamriel Rebuilt enough tbh. Not unlike this dead gay forum, it's a project that's survived long after many people thought it would die and they continue to (slowly) churn out some of the best content there is for Morrowind.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dead gay comedy forums can never die, only rise again deader and gayer.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

TR is the longest running mod project, it's crazy to think about

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
How can it possibly be arrogant to fulfill someone else's vision? Especially when the content they've made so far is on par or better than vanilla content, possibly the only worldspace/quest mod in an Elder Scrolls game that can say that.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary
Don't play with TR if it's your first time. Put in the unofficial Patch, Texture Fix, poorly placed objects fix, the MCP bugfixes, and play that.

Sky Shadowing posted:

Currently TR does not alter vanilla quests in any way. They have indicated a desire to change that to blend it all together, which I am wary of, as they speak about "fulfilling Bethesda's vision" (which smells of arrogance to me).

Cyrodiilblob is Stirk, part of Project Cyrodiil, and Skyrimblob is The Reach, part of Skyrim: Home of the Nords.
Guess that can't be helped. The original statement was in that pipeline document, which was indeed pretty arrogant, but not official. Similar statemtents sound hopefully less arrogant now and are intended to convey that we're trying to stick to the implementation and spirit of TESIII: Morrowind instead of running amok with it and doing our totally own thing or cut corners (or, God forbid, try to shoehorn ESO into Morrowind).

For the blending, there's a big effort post in the making, but I got sidetracked by website problems, so it hasn't been written down yet (and it needs maps to illustrate some changes), which was going to hash that out (and ask for feedback).

With TR1709, we're most likely going to merge factions (unless something horrible happens), i.e. the Mainland <x> get folded into the vanilla <x>. A testbed mod for this exists here to generally positive feedback.

At this point you will be able to play as-is, which would mean TR faction quests would be nice bonuses to the Vvardenfell ones, or you activate a new TR_Integration.esp, which in the future will have the redone top-level quests and altered faction progression (to account for the number of additional quests you can take). TR_Travels is partially going to be merged into Mainland, and the rest of it will for the time being be contained in Integration.

Aside from the 1 NPC Travels adds, Mournhold essentially getting the axe (it will long-term sit in its own interior cells, so you can play it if you absolutely want to, and a duplicated Tribunal main quest can be follows in the main worldspace and Almalexia city), that's pretty much it.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

How can it possibly be arrogant to fulfill someone else's vision? Especially when the content they've made so far is on par or better than vanilla content, possibly the only worldspace/quest mod in an Elder Scrolls game that can say that.
It's arrogant to proclaim that you know what someone else intended because it implies that only you know to do it right and everyone else is getting it wrong.

Cat Mattress posted:

Yeah they've got their heads pretty far up their asses, and also pretty far up Kirkbride's rear end too.
That's unsanitary.

Atrayonis fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 13, 2017

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."
Trying to join the imperial cult - I'm a Redguard who's a member of the Fighters & Mages guild, and when I click "Imperial cult" on the characters who allow you to join I get a little bit of dialogue but not option to join. Playing the latest Open Morrowind. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Stumiester fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 14, 2017

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Stumiester posted:

Trying to join the imperial cult - I'm a Redguard who's a member of the Fighters & Mages guild, and when I click "Imperial cult" on the characters who allow you to join I get a little bit of dialogue but not option to join. Playing the latest Open Morrowind. Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Are you clicking "join imperial cult", or just "imperial cult"?

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Are you clicking "join imperial cult", or just "imperial cult"?

"Imperial cult", but "join imperial cult" isn't an option.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Stumiester posted:

"Imperial cult", but "join imperial cult" isn't an option.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Isn't it only the one character in Gnisis?