Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The art direction looks significantly duller to me and the monster it focused on looked a lot more generic than MH monsters tend to.

They also showed suspiciously little combat and the rumors mentioned it being "streamlined" so I'm a bit nervous in that area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So drop in drop out multiplayer for MoHun World ehhhh

Also bloodborne was announced 2014 plenty of time to have at least a teaser ready for 2017.
They had jack for Sony and MS this year.
Nintendo? Can it be?

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

Tender Bender posted:

Well hopefully there's a MH5 in the works because I'm gonna be hella mad if after all this time we get the perfect Monhun console and they finally make HD assets and then they put the loving thing on every other platform instead.

I have to guess that World is more of a spinoff/experiment in the vein of Stories, seeing as it's coming out less than a year after XX. Holding out hope for a mainline MH5 on the Switch, just because the Souls drop-in format doesn't lend itself to my favorite Monster Hunter experiences: holing up with my friends for the entire weekend and being huge pieces of poo poo

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If Utnayan is banned from the thread Nintendo will cancel Metroid: Scar

We must sacrifice for the greater good.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Junkie Disease posted:

So drop in drop out multiplayer for MoHun World ehhhh

Also bloodborne was announced 2014 plenty of time to have at least a teaser ready for 2017.
They had jack for Sony and MS this year.
Nintendo? Can it be?

drop in is better honestly. waiting to match and not getting anybody to join if someone loses connection is a hassle.

wait for tgs or psx for from. they'll show up eventually.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

The art direction looks significantly duller to me and the monster it focused on looked a lot more generic than MH monsters tend to.

They also showed suspiciously little combat and the rumors mentioned it being "streamlined" so I'm a bit nervous in that area.

it was monster hunter with graphics on a system not a 5 year old handheld. thats it. thats what your complaint boils down to.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

"That monster looks boring" has nothing to do with graphical power.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Nothing looks as cool as Duramboros or Quarpeco in this MHW

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Utnayan will be banned from this thread just in time for the new thread.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Phantasium posted:

Utnayan will be banned from this thread just in time for the new thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_wEs9x7G3w

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I'm going to do something crazy and wait for more footage/gameplay before making any rash decisions and claims towards MHW. Monster Hunter XX is just g-rank of the already released 3DS game right? So just another difficulty level and maybe a few more monsters?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TFRazorsaw posted:

"That monster looks boring" has nothing to do with graphical power.

it was literally monster hunter with better graphics. i knew it was monster hunter within about 2 seconds of the trailer starting it looks so much like monster hunter.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

katkillad2 posted:

I'm going to do something crazy and wait for more footage/gameplay before making any rash decisions and claims towards MHW. Monster Hunter XX is just g-rank of the already released 3DS game right? So just another difficulty level and maybe a few more monsters?

yeah plus two new fighting styles and fleshed out cats

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Al Borland Corp. posted:

If Utnayan is banned from the thread Nintendo will cancel Metroid: Scar

Hmm...

Let me see a trailer first.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Metroid: Scar where the scar represents a baby and the metroid also represents a baby

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Scar is actually a Cesarean scar.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

The Scar is actually a Cesarean scar.

Samus is a bird

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9QkJ_mSlSw

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Bloop posted:

Samus is a bird

Yeah she is.

Samus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSaVEROn-Zk

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jun 13, 2017

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Stux posted:

it was literally monster hunter with better graphics. i knew it was monster hunter within about 2 seconds of the trailer starting it looks so much like monster hunter.

me too, also cant wait to play as marcus fenix

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Stux posted:

it was literally monster hunter with better graphics.

and stealth elements. Monster Hunter World is going to play differently than previous Monsters. maybe just by a little, maybe by a lot. But it's crazy for people who are perfectly happy with current Monster Hunter to want to know more about the gameplay changes before being super hype

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I am glad I don't care about Monster Hunter.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

surf rock posted:

Microsoft and Sony left the door wide open for the Switch to have a huge 2017 holiday season, since all they've got coming is Uncharted DLC, South Park sequel, Middle-Earth sequel, Crackdown sequel, and shooter sequels (Destiny, COD).

All they've got is sequels to really popular games?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
12 hours until Shigeru Miyamoto releases a virus that erases every copy of Super Mario World on earth.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president

Wheany posted:

gimme a ring when you get rabbids x crash

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

So... have all of the leaked games from before launch come out?
Except for the Dark Souls Anthology, right?
Deer God, please make it happen.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

12 hours until Shigeru Miyamoto releases a virus that erases every copy of Super Mario World on earth.

I really disagree with this move, but he's put the time in the industry so he knows best.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

Wheany posted:

I'm not saying that those games are going to be bad or sell poorly, but I don't think they're system-sellers. If an Uncharted game was going to convince you to buy a PS4 or a Crackdown game was going to convince you to buy an Xbone, well, you've already had years to make that decision.

I think that the opening Switch has this holiday season is there, for the people who are looking to buy a system this year. If Nintendo can make the Switch look viable with some third party support and a couple of good-looking exclusives, I think that'll be persuasive to those buyers.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
We are going to get Wonderful 102 and Wario's Wasabi World where everything is made of rice and seaweed.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I think I have the hottest take ever.

Skyrim is a bad, boring game but the waggle on the switch version looks like it will make the combat actually fun in a silly way.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Stan Taylor posted:

Skyrim is a bad, boring game but the waggle on the switch version looks like it will make the combat actually fun in a silly way.

The vr is also getting wiggle controls and lol at all the ways to spazz out on draugr now.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I'm going to buy monster hunter generations x and monster hunter world

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Stan Taylor posted:

I agree with this. I'll try it that way since Elder Scrolls combat is the most boring poo poo.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

I have the best wife. She bought me MK8DX for Fathers Day.

Dr Pepper posted:

Mario Rabbids crossover SRPG is not exactly something I ever expected to exist.

I had a similar reaction the first time I saw OG Super Mario Kart in I think Nintendo Power. And look how that turned out.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I have the best wife. She bought me MK8DX for Fathers Day.

I had a similar reaction the first time I saw OG Super Mario Kart in I think Nintendo Power. And look how that turned out.

I can't wait to play as link in the Mario x rabbids 8

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

I think outside of the new battle mode and paying full retail for a re-release I deserve new DLC.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

We are going to get Wonderful 102 and Wario's Wasabi World where everything is made of rice and seaweed.

Actually I think you'll find Waluigi's Mansion is about to be released

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

incoherent posted:

I think outside of the new battle mode and paying full retail for a re-release I deserve new DLC.

All the characters you want but they're just rabbids wearing costumes of said characters.

It'd be that TMNT Smash Bros. fighter from Ubisoft all over again.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I am glad I don't care about Monster Hunter.

:hfive:

In the years since they started streaming, has there been a more boring E3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

All the characters you want but they're just rabbids wearing costumes of said characters.

It'd be that TMNT Smash Bros. fighter from Ubisoft all over again.

I'd even take the current roster wearing rabbid hats :shrug:

• Locked thread