Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I liked Wolfenstein and Hidden Agenda a lot, but as someone who owns all the consoles, I'm actually really excited about OG Xbox backwards compatibility. I hope I get to play Ninja Gaiden in all its glory, and and no bloody A, B, C, or D!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I don't get how a fighting game, with how little it has to render on screen, can look so bad.

They've been using Marvel movies as inspiration.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

lets hang out posted:

what's wrong at capcom

Doesn't release any of the remasters of the capcom&disney collections or games on the switch, pins the odds of future switch games on a garbage 40 dollar SF2 port, and train wrecks the SF5 launch.

I don't know if they're incompetent or just hate making video games at this point.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

hey everyone. pretty much every year i post these threads and don't get to participate in them because i spend the days of e3 animating little recaps of each day (i wont embed it, watch only if you give a gently caress). but i managed to get a little ahead so i can actually make a post DURING E3 WOW!!!!! wow (wow)

so right now I think Ubisoft had the best conference unironically. I mean l loving loved the lucid dream that was Twitch's Pre-Pre Show, but in terms of an actual thing, Ubisoft had the games and were prepared and even had a little bit of stupidity for old times sake (loving love them being ages late to the toys-to-life genre). it was maybe the most balanced conference there.

i expect disappointment but I was surprised at how disappointing Sony was, mostly in that past years were about "here's the future of our library" but this year they went for more of a Nintendo-style "here's what's coming very soon" which left only the MonHun announcement which is multiplatform. they had no real indies on stage (leaving them in pre-show), and there were games like TLOU 2 that were just bizarrely not there. it doesn't help that I don't really care about VR or about Days Gone or Detroit and those made up half of the dang event

the worst conference by far was easily Bethesda's. you could make a case for EA's being very boring and not having much (if anything) in the way of reveals. but bethesda was the worst of both worlds: a Nintendo Direct-style event with not only next to nothing new to show but a bunch of stuff that was already out or about to be out. stop it with the Youtubers screaming in your videos everyone STOP. IT. stop it. also it was so short what the heck, imagine flying out to LA and getting a ticket for that event only to be sitting there watching the same video as everyone else. i will say WOLF 2 LOOKS COOL, Dishonored Daud DLC LOOKS COOL, but that's not enough

the theme of this year in general is Not Enough, there's just not enough in any conference to get me hyphy (or make me laugh). not enough trainwreck not enough chaos dunks. if you were to just rate it based on games and volume i guess maybe Microsoft? But none of that was exclusive so who cares. not that igaf about console warring but that was pathetic

Hero of E3 is probably Jon Carnage or Zeke, they were up for over 24 hours on Twitch and still had energy and their voices (i don't understand how). best moment was burgerbear

thanks everyone for enjoying these threads and posting and having fun goof-em-ups about these bad video game boys and their stage shows. there's gonna be another thread tomorrow and it's for the rest of the show. i'm gonna try and scrounge up Steam page links to the interesting games shown at E3 so far (to me anyway). have a good rest of the show

Tlou2 was just teased 6 months ago. give them a year minimum before absence is bizzare but otherwise i respect your cool points op

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

bethesda was good because they announced the only great looking game so far

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Super No Vacancy posted:

But Mario and Rabbids Kingdom Battle was at Ubisoft's conference?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Sony could have at least announced a price drop to turn the screws on Microsoft.

Or end their conference with a surprise like the good old days of E3.

they did announce a weeklong sale for the regular ps4 for 249 along with some discounted games and stuff

unless you mean the pro

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'm still kind of surprised Destiny didn't get a PS4 Pro bundle after Sony gave them 2 bundles with the original game but w/e

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

After seeing the ongoing saga of the Vita/PSVR I'm not rushing out to get a pro.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I still want to know what people thought they were going to see of TLOU 2 6 months post announcement.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Policenaut posted:

I'm still kind of surprised Destiny didn't get a PS4 Pro bundle after Sony gave them 2 bundles with the original game but w/e

Kinda holdin' out for the white PS4 Pro imo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Phantasium posted:

I want to play the cute mouse game but not for $400

:same:

I'd never heard of it and it stuck out as looking fun.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SectumSempra posted:

I still want to know what people thought they were going to see of TLOU 2 6 months post announcement.

the problem is sony has too many shows obviously i suppose

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

They've been using Marvel movies as inspiration.

Ya, its probably due to Marvel/Disney's decision. Capcom's fighters look really good. Sf4, sf5 and even mvc3. This artstyle doesn't look like any other Capcom game.

JethroMcB posted:

After like 3 solid years of surprise announcements from Sony, this year felt staid. If they had just pushed the SotC teaser to the very end, after the Spider-Man demo, it would have solved the problem.

Sony still has PSX so I am hoping they will show something good like Red Dead or Last of Us Part 2. Also I liked Microsoft conference better since they had more surprise but none of the games they showed were exclusive. Crackdown and Forza were the big exclusives. Crackdown looks fun and I enjoyed the first one but the trailer didn't show much imo. Forza and GT are pretty comparable, Forza probably looks better.

Sony had 3 big exclusives Spiderman, Days Gone and God Of War. Spiderman, Days Gone might be a toss up but God of War will be among the best game of the year in 2018.

I was really hoping for Last of Us 2 or Red dead, maybe a new From Soft title. They haven't even shown armored core which they announced a while back.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

lets hang out posted:

what's wrong at capcom

Hot rumor is that Sony paid to keep MHW specifically off of the Switch which caused some internal strife, and so there's a different MH being made for the Switch instead.

also MvC looks kinda bad.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

SectumSempra posted:

Who knows how long it's been in development? Bethesda's current model is releasing games a few months after announcement.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I don't understand the interest in Hidden Agenda at all. Its a cross between david cage and those VCR 'games' from the mid 90s.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Super No Vacancy posted:

Wolfenstein really did take the wind out of everyone's sails.

Like I was super excited for Far Cry 5 and Dad of War, etc., and they're just like "oh, those will be great, I guess" whereas I'm loving doing cartwheels over Wolfenstein.

[also I secretly liked the Ubisoft Assassin's Creed totally not Black Sails pirate game.]

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

red dead won't be at any show it will have its own huge event

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

incoherent posted:

Kinda holdin' out for the white PS4 Pro imo.

I mean yeah! The Destiny PS4s were white! They were cool!

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

oh god its Mario, Rabbids, and XCOM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah david cage rules noob

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Byolante posted:

I don't understand the interest in Hidden Agenda at all. Its a cross between david cage and those VCR 'games' from the mid 90s.

their last game was good

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

https://twitter.com/2dJazz/status/874473715647434752

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

their last game was good
yeah, like you can totally make the David Cage comparisons, except they're Good David Cage games instead of the bad ones that the real David Cage makes

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

JBP posted:

:same:

I'd never heard of it and it stuck out as looking fun.

For a while I thought I was watching a Redwall game, but nope.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Abroham Lincoln posted:

Hot rumor is that Sony paid to keep MHW specifically off of the Switch which caused some internal strife, and so there's a different MH being made for the Switch instead.

also MvC looks kinda bad.

this a dumb rumor why pay to keep it off one console when you can pay to keep it to yourself

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Japanese video game drama is bizarre and absurd.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

this a dumb rumor why pay to keep it off one console when you can pay to keep it to yourself

It's cheaper to keep it off the platform that's the primary competitor for that franchise than to keep it off every platform. Switch is Nintendo and Nintendo's had MH for years now.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

incoherent posted:

Japanese video game drama is bizarre and absurd.

Yakuza kidnapping a Sega dev is the height of this.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Capcom should save everyone some time and disappointment and just become the monster hunter company they're destined to be anyway

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Did anyone else think that Crackdown 3 looked like a last-gen game? I was not impressed. I'm sure it will be fun but it looks dated already.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yeah they don't care about the 3DS but if everyone in japan bought a switch to play Monster Hunter then they're actually competing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Policenaut posted:

It's cheaper to keep it off the platform that's the primary competitor for that franchise than to keep it off every platform. Switch is Nintendo and Nintendo's had MH for years now.

MHW's graphics are keeping it off switch, not sony

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Did anyone else think that Crackdown 3 looked like a last-gen game? I was not impressed. I'm sure it will be fun but it looks dated already.

It looked like an uprez'd Xbox one (s?) game with the environmental destruction brought client side instead of the ~cloud~.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Real hurthling! posted:

lol the switch cant play THAT? im skeptical

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

yup. nothing in the xbox show had the fidelity to actually sell the 1x at all.

also no building destruction shown at all is not inspiring confidence

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

lol the switch cant play THAT? im skeptical

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Electric Phantasm posted:

The main MH games have been on Nintendo systems for ~5 years now and are the primary competition. Xbox and PC are slim markets in Japan, and MH is a Pretty Big Deal in the Japanese market. It was probably cheaper that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Real hurthling! posted:

Graphical scaling is a thing, bro.

• Locked thread