Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

23 million people's healthcare or sanctions on russia

man what a tough loving call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ossoff victory seems more likely now as he is running independent of the party and I don't think Ossoff gives a poo poo about Russia or healthcare he just wants in on the gravy train.

Georgia won't deny somebody that

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:allbuttons:

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
https://twitter.com/jstein_vox/status/874470876179288064

these dumb dumb motherfuckers

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i mean, gently caress, if dems had actually chose their voters over their donors, they might not be in the kind of situation where they would have to choose whether or not to make even a purely symbolic gesture (one they should totally do, because loving midterms you assholes)

can you just imagine? it'd almost be like bernie woulda won.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ShutteredIn posted:

these dumb dumb motherfuckers

mods, can i suggest this for the new thread title?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm trying not to get too mad because I can't afford the hospital bills but holy gently caress democrats are loving garbage.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Raskolnikov38 posted:

23 million people's healthcare or sanctions on russia

man what a tough loving call

So let me get this straight, Democrats are going to let AHCA go without a fight so that they can compromise with Republicans that are fighting to lessen Russian sanctions, rather than just let it pass and let voters see Republicans for the Putin supporters they are. Instead, they'd like voters to get hammered with how hard Republicans want to destroy their healthcare until they have no choice to vote for the suck zone and the lesser evil of some pharmaceutical company lacky like Cory Booker.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

they can't possibly be that stupid can they?

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
The Democrats are never going to win an election again

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I don't understand how they're so fuckin' dumb

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

thread title.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Uncle Wemus posted:

look deep into the shriveled hate filled mass that was formally your heart and there you will find truth.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

I remember way back in 2008, 2012, and 2016 when Democratic presidential candidates toured the country, sharing heartfelt, teary anecdotes, and visiting homes.

Tens of millions of people cried out about how they will die without health insurance Russian sanctions and they listened.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol we are going to die

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

GalacticAcid posted:

I'm pro-trump now

seriously, bad dems are worse than repubs

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

lol

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

maybe we're reading it wrong and what's going on is that dems have fully embraced accelerationism

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

(to all democrats that have just guaranteed the loss of their seats to republicans in 2018) nananana nananana heyheyhey GOODBYE

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i mean, gently caress, if dems had actually chose their voters over their donors, they might not be in the kind of situation where they would have to choose whether or not to make even a purely symbolic gesture (one they should totally do, because loving midterms you assholes)

can you just imagine? it'd almost be like bernie woulda won.

[in a very fishmech voice]

the democratic base is the consultant class, actually

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they didnt even concede with their stupid russia sanction bill in hand, just a hope for one (spoiler: there won't be a meaningful russia sanction bill)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Business Gorillas posted:

[in a very fishmech voice]

the democratic base is the consultant class, actually

at this point im wondering if the democratic base extends beyond bill and hillary clinton's egos

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Shear Modulus posted:

(to all democrats that have just guaranteed the loss of their seats to republicans in 2018) nananana nananana heyheyhey GOODBYE

Maybe we could primary them :ohdear:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

no fuckin way

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

way to kill my buzz over the uk elections

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Zas posted:

democrats!

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I see I finished Shattered at a good time, just right when the Democrats signal they'll happily allow the GOP to kill 23,000,000 people without nary a touch of resistance

Anyway, my takeaway:

1. The final 1/3 of the book is completely worthless, it's incredibly disjointed and rushed and told literally out of order. It's very poorly written, honestly the book overall isn't very good unless you want validation on how incredibly bad Hillary / the Dems are

2. Elections are too motherfucking long. It is insanely absurd that the 2016 election lasted eighteen loving months. And yes, I say this in full knowledge that the only reason Bernie got as much traction as he did was because he had nearly a full year to get his message out. I don't think long elections are at all healthy for the country, and I really doubt Trump would have exited the primary if it had been more brief, or that he would have won the GE if it was shorter. I think we really really need to compress primary season from eight months down to about two or three months, and the GE from three months down to two months (at most)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

is it overreacting to say that if they actually did that it would be political suicide

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Zas posted:

jim messina now head of dem strategy

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

SKULL.GIF posted:

2. Elections are too motherfucking long. It is insanely absurd that the 2016 election lasted eighteen loving months. And yes, I say this in full knowledge that the only reason Bernie got as much traction as he did was because he had nearly a full year to get his message out. I don't think long elections are at all healthy for the country, and I really doubt Trump would have exited the primary if it had been more brief, or that he would have won the GE if it was shorter. I think we really really need to compress primary season from eight months down to about two or three months, and the GE from three months down to two months (at most)

counterpoint: then i wouldn't have a job

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gently caress yeah Golden State

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Concerned Citizen posted:

oh good you're here, please tell us how the dems aren't actually about to gently caress over 23mil people

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i don't think a lot of people here itt are going to see that as a downside, just so you know.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

is it overreacting to say that if they actually did that it would be political suicide

that ain't stopping them

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
look if I can't live in the comfort of my conspiracy theory that someone all-powerful and omnipotent is actually masterminding all of the chaos of our modern nightmare, then what the gently caress is your healthcare good for?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Uncle Wemus posted:

absolutely not

it really belies their whole "not as bad as the republicans" argument lol

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

wow cant believe dems are so greedy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012