Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/hanpencafe/status/873815503785086976

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This is art.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

You monster

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Testekill posted:

You monster

Unfortunately I can't take credit for making it.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Every single time I look up Super stuff on the internet this week I see this goddamned thing.

And every single time I lose my poo poo all over again

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Goku looking at Frieza disappointingly is the best part, its like a Father looking at his anime loving son

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
FYI to everybody, Dragonball Fusions is 50% off on the Nintendo 3DS eShop!

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

FYI to everybody, Dragonball Fusions is 50% off on the Nintendo 3DS eShop!

i bought this a few weeks ago and have been playing thru it then i saw this. oops :( oh well at least i have a physical copy of the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=819_rNV4Wbc

:hellyeah:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So, let's assume the game has...18 characters at launch. That seems like a number that's not too big or small and is divisible by 3.

Minus the 6 revealed, who do you think is likely to also appear?

Piccolo
Future Trunks
Krillin
Android 18 (Possibly 17 too due to the new tournament arc?)
Beerus
Gotenks
Goku Black/Zamasu (Fusion?)
Hit

2 spots left vacant for possible tournament arc characters (Jiren and Kale seem likely, possibly Caulifla, or Cabba? Could be another wild card in there)

SSJ Blue Goku (Goku seems to go SSJ3 in a super, while Freeza goes Gold, so it stands to reason that Blue Goku and Vegeta will be separate characters)
SSJ Blue Vegeta

I hope aside from Blue Goku and Vegeta, they'll avoid including "forms" or transformations as separate characters. We don't need 3-5 Buus, or 3-4 Gohans, etc.

I tried to include all of the still relevant good guys (minus Tenshinhan and Roshi, who I would love to appear but are unlikely) and the main villain/rival of every arc. Once DLC and whatnot starts, obviously all bets are off. But I think my list is probably pretty close to the final roster.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 15, 2017

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They seemed a bit non-committal about Super characters in a different video, I'm not sure I'd expect any of them to be in the game.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well besides Golden Freeza

Though I guess he gets a pass due to being a movie thing first

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
They'll probably throw in 18 so its not a complete sausage-fest.

BTW, the spoilers for episode 96 were released no mention of Freeza defecting by the looks of things contrary to those leaks HOWEVER, the episode prior looks like it will have some kind of twist wrt Freeza so a wrench in the works might still be a possibility.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

IcePhoenix posted:

They seemed a bit non-committal about Super characters in a different video, I'm not sure I'd expect any of them to be in the game.

just like all the other recent Dragonball games, Super will probably be DLC content or post-release freebies. they know Super content is one of the stronger hype building tools for the people into add-on stuff

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I can see Hit and/or Goku Black making it into the base game due to their high popularity but otherwise, yeah, light on Super-exclusive stuff. (I guess we count Beerus and Shiny Freeza as DBZ era thanks to the movies?)

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

I'd imagine Satan and Brolly are pretty likely

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Kid Buu is highly likely too, being the literal final boss of DBZ and all. Maybe Dabura is in as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'd imagine we'll get Nappa and at least some of the Ginyu Force

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

IcePhoenix posted:

I'd imagine we'll get Nappa and at least some of the Ginyu Force

I hope we get Captain Ginyu and a bunch of his specials involve the rest of them popping onto the screen like Stands, kinda like that move Frieza has with Sorbet.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

An interview said the game was about 20% complete, and I don't think they'll be doing dlc per se.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope we get Captain Ginyu and a bunch of his specials involve the rest of them popping onto the screen like Stands, kinda like that move Frieza has with Sorbet.

Not unprecedented in Marvel:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Reinanigans posted:

So, let's assume the game has...18 characters at launch. That seems like a number that's not too big or small and is divisible by 3.

Piccolo
Future Trunks
Krillin
Beerus
Gotenks
Hit

2 spots left vacant for possible tournament arc characters (Jiren and Kale seem likely, possibly Caulifla, or Cabba? Could be another wild card in there)

SSJ Blue Goku (Goku seems to go SSJ3 in a super, while Freeza goes Gold, so it stands to reason that Blue Goku and Vegeta will be separate characters)
SSJ Blue Vegeta

I hope aside from Blue Goku and Vegeta, they'll avoid including "forms" or transformations as separate characters. We don't need 3-5 Buus, or 3-4 Gohans, etc.

I tried to include all of the still relevant good guys (minus Tenshinhan and Roshi, who I would love to appear but are unlikely) and the main villain/rival of every arc. Once DLC and whatnot starts, obviously all bets are off. But I think my list is probably pretty close to the final roster.

I really expect Hercule to make it in because fighting games cannot resist a joke character.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

Piccolo
Future Trunks
Krillin
Beerus
Gotenks
Hit

They said the game is only 20% finished, which means there will be closer to 30 characters (hopefully). Here is who I expect to see:

Character - 5 Bar Finisher:

Piccolo - Hellzone Grenade
Future Trunks - Mafuba
Krillin - That big thing he did to kill all the Sibamen
Android 18 - Throws a police car at you
Nappa - Mouth Beam
Garlic Jr - Dead Zone
Beerus - Hakai
Gotenks - Super Ghosts
Dr Gero - Hand through the chest
Yamcha - Wolf Fang Fist
Tien - Shin Kikoho
Kid Goku - Power pole to the moon
Bulma - Summons Shenron and wishes you were never born
Zarbon - Bear Hug
Broly - Destroys the entire galaxy
Dabura - Turns you to stone
Babidi - Converts opponent into an ally, only works if you are missing a person
Guildo - Psychic Tree

Aurora posted:

An interview said the game was about 20% complete, and I don't think they'll be doing dlc per se.

lol ARCSys not do DLC? On a series with hundreds of characters that fans will love to see added? I very much doubt that! Maybe not day one DLC like the greedy Capcom, but be assured there will be DLC. Just check out how many versions of Guilty Gear have been released.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 15, 2017

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

Rutibex posted:

They said the game is only 20% finished, which means there will be closer to 30 characters (hopefully). Here is who I expect to see:

Future Trunks - Mafuba
Nappa - Mouth Beam
Garlic Jr - Dead Zone
Beerus - Hakai
Gotenks - Super Ghosts
Yamcha - Wolf Fang Fist
Tien - Shin Kikoho
Zarbon - Bear Hug
Guildo - Psychic Tree

lol ARCSys not do DLC? On a series with hundreds of characters that fans will love to see added? I very much doubt that! Maybe not day one DLC like the greedy Capcom, but be assured there will be DLC. Just check out how many versions of Guilty Gear have been released.

Holy gently caress that's a bad post and bad supers.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Rutibex posted:

That's not what DLC is.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Aurora posted:

That's not what DLC is.

Yes it is:
http://shoryuken.com/2017/05/31/guilty-gear-xrd-rev-2-is-now-available-on-steam-as-a-dlc-upgrade-to-revelator/

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

No.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rutibex posted:

Future Trunks - Mafuba
Nappa - Mouth Beam
Garlic Jr - Dead Zone
Beerus - Hakai
Gotenks - Super Ghosts
Yamcha - Wolf Fang Fist
Tien - Shin Kikoho
Zarbon - Bear Hug
Guildo - Psychic Tree
Yes please.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

If they add characters that you have to DownLoad to add Content to the base game then they're doing DLC

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Title revisions aren't dlc even if they should be, and the point was that ArcSys prefers that formula of expanding the game rather than just making GBS threads out DLC packs like Xenoverse does.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
Arcsys does a bunch of DLC characters for Guilty Gear though, on top of the title revisions.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Then I guess I'm an idiot.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I don't see Raditz on that list.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
there's absolutely going to be more than 18 characters at launch it's a 3v3 fighting game released in 2017 c'mon

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cease to Hope posted:

Arcsys does a bunch of DLC characters for Guilty Gear though, on top of the title revisions.

I don't know about a bunch. It was just like 2 or so each version right?

Not that I think it'll mean much for DBZ. I imagine there'd be a greater interest for adding more characters in that than a lot of their other games.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The little touch of background damage on the ki blast deflection is awesome. This game looks like a lot of fun with great cinematics.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I am pretty confident Garlic Jr. will not be in this fighting game.

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

Rutibex posted:

They said the game is only 20% finished, which means there will be closer to 30 characters (hopefully).

tbf them saying "the game is only 20% finished" does not mean "what you are seeing is only 20% of the intended roster." "The game" is such a nebulous generalization that it could refer to things such as stages, music and audio, AI programming, maybe a story mode, etc.

A roster of 30 (before DLC) is a perfectly reasonable number; I'm just saying, is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
Garlic Jr will be in this game and I'll run him alongside Botamo and Paragus

• Locked thread