Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

JBP posted:

I turned off Life is Strange 30 seconds into the game (rightfully and justifiably so) and everyone yelled at me. Post with no regrets and no mercy my friend.

i never even turned it on because watching a teenage angst slice of life thing seems like the opposite of how i want to spend my time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Awesome! posted:

i never even turned it on because watching a teenage angst slice of life thing seems like the opposite of how i want to spend my time

I didn't know what it was. I started it, realised what it was and axe kicked my PS4 in half.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

JBP posted:

I didn't know what it was. I started it, realised what it was and axe kicked my PS4 in half.

I wish you'd do the same with whatever you use to post here

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Sakurazuka posted:

I wish you'd do the same with whatever you use to post here

I actually like the forums though.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Horizon DLC trailer looks fine, but doesn't really show much. I guess that's Banuk land? I just want a bunch of new robots and new weapons and basically no human fights.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Horizon DLC trailer looks fine, but doesn't really show much. I guess that's Banuk land? I just want a bunch of new robots and new weapons and basically no human fights.

i'm gonna skip it unless its game changing. if its just more i'll pass i got real life stuff coming in fast at the end of the year

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
r-real life!?!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Was the Xbox conference in 4k? I watched that one on Dorito Pope's channel and never considered that Sony would do 4k on youtube but it looked great.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Was the Xbox conference in 4k? I watched that one on Dorito Pope's channel and never considered that Sony would do 4k on youtube but it looked great.

It was, Phil Spencer touted it at the beginning of their presser.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

No new Souls stuff? Ok, still a Netflix and Plex machine for me.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I play games on my gaming console

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Vintersorg posted:

replay old souls stuff

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vintersorg posted:

Surely there were cheaper options than that?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Vintersorg posted:

I guess PSX if the new From IP rumours are true.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I thought I was done with God of War but the new one looks good?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Harlock posted:

I thought I was done with God of War but the new one looks good?

No orbs from killed enemies. Epic fail.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So, how about that Jet Moto reboot?

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Ultimate Mango posted:

So, how about that Jet Moto reboot?

don't you toy with my heart

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

LocoRoco 2 is getting Remastered.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

I don't know what that guy is on about, waking up in the middle of nowhere in the middle of a thunderstorm in your late teens is a quintessential PNW rite of passage as I understand it. Everyone chill smokes weed, the rich are untouchable assholes, nerds are nerds. I'm not even done with the first episode and I love it so much already.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I failed to not buy Horizon Zero Dawn on discount

my lack of self control

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I failed to not buy Horizon Zero Dawn on discount

my lack of self control

Oh no, now you will be haunted forever by the dozens of hours of great game you inflicted upon yourself

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Good christ! I will admit I am probably not the target demo, but this MvC:I game feels like dogshit.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Feenix posted:

Good christ! I will admit I am probably not the target demo, but this MvC:I game feels like dogshit.

No it's okay I'm talking to a bunch of fgc-types and fight fans and they all think its poo poo too.

Destroy Marvel
Accept Dragon Ball into your life

dragon ball fighterz will inherit the earth

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

haveblue posted:

Oh no, now you will be haunted forever by the dozens of hours of great game you inflicted upon yourself

oh noooooo

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Never watched a full episode of dbz, but that game looks unreal. I'm downloading the mvc demo now but if it plays about as good as it looks then I guess it belongs in the toilet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Have they said if MVC is going to be the same pile of nightmare poo poo DLC as as street fighter yet?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

veni veni veni posted:

Have they said if MVC is going to be the same pile of nightmare poo poo DLC as as street fighter yet?

More or less. The season pass is real bad.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Never watched a full episode of dbz, but that game looks unreal. I'm downloading the mvc demo now but if it plays about as good as it looks then I guess it belongs in the toilet

I'm no DBz or "ah nee may" fan, as they say. What's unreal about DBZ? Good games is good games, so you have my attention.

And MvC:I just feels like, flashy and dumb without any kind of "earning it" in the game play.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I'm confused about dbz? Dragon ball z, right?

I swear there's a handful of companies that just pump out a new DBZ game every 3-6 months for all platforms that are like b-rated movies, is that not the norm?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

8-bit Miniboss posted:

More or less. The season pass is real bad.

Capcom deserves the worst publisher on the planet award now that Konami is just making fidget spinners or whatever the gently caress.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I swear there's a handful of companies that just pump out a new DBZ game every 3-6 months for all platforms that are like b-rated movies, is that not the norm?

There's probably been at least one Dragonball video game released per year for the past 30 years. The reason why this game is getting particular attention is because 1) the developer is known for making actual serious fighting games 2) It looks like it has a budget.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's just one company. Bandai Namco has the game license currently and they dole out the development responsibilities to other studios. This is the first time it went to a good one though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
DBFZ looks a lot better than that time they got the Street Fighter 2 guy to make a DB fighter.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I'm gonna be honest and say that the Dragonball Z fighting game looks as interesting to me as the MvC (which is to say, not very) but that's because I played a ton of the old 2D SNES ones and they sucked and I hated them despite loving Dragonball at the time. Is there anything in particular this one seems to be doing right that I'm not seeing?

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm gonna skip it unless its game changing. if its just more i'll pass i got real life stuff coming in fast at the end of the year

It's already changing you, you're not cool anymore!

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

My bad, I've been looking at the E3 threads so I just assumed everyone was on the same page when it comes to announcements.

I'm no fighting game expert, but Arc Systems, the developers of guilty gear xrd, have some sort of magic powers that allow them to make the best looking fighting games. Now they're making a dragon ball fighting game that looks like it's gonna just eat MvCs lunch.

But this is all what I've assumed from trailers and hearsay. So I'll happily be proven wrong if Marvel turns out to be excellent.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

MechaSeinfeld posted:

My bad, I've been looking at the E3 threads so I just assumed everyone was on the same page when it comes to announcements.

I'm no fighting game expert, but Arc Systems, the developers of guilty gear xrd, have some sort of magic powers that allow them to make the best looking fighting games. Now they're making a dragon ball fighting game that looks like it's gonna just eat MvCs lunch.

But this is all what I've assumed from trailers and hearsay. So I'll happily be proven wrong if Marvel turns out to be excellent.

Fans of MvC are not happy with the roster cut I can tell you that. Most of the top level players used at least one or two X-Men characters and they're are not 100% on board with 2 man teams.

Edit: To clarify, due to some renegotiating of Marvel's game licensing, all X-Men related characters got dropped.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jun 13, 2017

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

bloodychill posted:

Is there anything in particular this one seems to be doing right that I'm not seeing?

the art style. it looks better than the show it is based on.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Fans of MvC are not happy with the roster cut I can tell you that. Most of the top level players used at least one or two X-Men characters and they're are not 100% on board with 2 man teams.

Edit: To clarify, due to some renegotiating of Marvel's game licensing, all X-Men related characters got dropped.

Wait, really? I just assumed Marvel wanted to advertise only the characters they have the movie rights to, not that they literally weren't allowed to use X-Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
I adore the Marvel vs Capcom series, but do not buy Capcom games, thank you.