Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

they made ESO way worse also, the level scaling they patched in just makes it loving boring cause you never get any stronger, everything else is always exactly as strong as you are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
mmos are trash. if they wanted to retire the main line series with it they should have gone with an instance style so they could keep the old gameplay intact.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I play Elder Scrolls games to gently caress around in a big dumb world with my wizard. If I can't randomly smite peasants and then spend 10 minutes fighting off an army of town guards, why the gently caress am I playing?

Also Elder Scrolls combat ain't exactly deep but it beats MMO point+click any day.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

al-azad posted:

it's hitting every platform apparently

Correct, the Monster Hunter franchise in the west is again going to hit every platform with its head while falling down.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

homeless snail posted:

they made ESO way worse also, the level scaling they patched in just makes it loving boring cause you never get any stronger, everything else is always exactly as strong as you are

i remember a post of someone saying they made eso play more like an actual elder scrolls guess they weren't talking about gameplay

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

guys what should i try and play tomorrow at E3?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

dbz fightgame

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Strong Sauce posted:

Go to the EA content creator cave and become a #influencer

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Zerilan posted:

dbz fightgame

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Strong Sauce posted:

Knack 2.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

Fallout 4 VR tell us if it's trash

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Strong Sauce posted:

based on if it's there
monhun>wolfenstein>dbz fighters

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
nothing else new will be announced for e3?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm sure true monhun fans will correct me, but i've only played one of the MHs on PSP and the world of monster hunter game just looked odd. like a lot of scripted-looking stuff.

bear in mind those games have never been for me in the first place but i wonder if the 'western developer' rumor was true

too bad GRIN didn't live long enough to get a crack at it

Doorknob Slobber posted:

some new stuff does get announced on coverage streams since there are games behind closed doors and some indie developers don't really have the presence to just show up at the convention and man a booth

but the majority of stuff is revealed, yeah

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Nintendo is still tomorrow but i think it's prerecorded and they're probably just going to be showing announced games + super mario odyssey.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

i'm sure true monhun fans will correct me, but i've only played one of the MHs on PSP and the world of monster hunter game just looked odd. like a lot of scripted-looking stuff.

bear in mind those games have never been for me in the first place but i wonder if the 'western developer' rumor was true

some new stuff does get announced on coverage streams since there are games behind closed doors and some indie developers don't really have the presence to just show up at the convention and man a booth

The stealth and grapple hook stuff is fairly new as is so much of the terrain looking destructible like that waterfall so hard to tell how much is scripted there. Jumping on top of monsters to stab them until they fall over was the new thing in 4th gen.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

lets hang out posted:

wanna remind people of the trailer they introduced mh4 with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0O9KwMZ7_8

And from what I've heard, it's the core MH team working on it.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

i'm sure true monhun fans will correct me, but i've only played one of the MHs on PSP and the world of monster hunter game just looked odd. like a lot of scripted-looking stuff. and isn't it more of a team game?

It's best played with friends, but not all the time. Playing with friends is more fun, and it's easier, but there's times when you're going to have different goals. If you only have a limited amount of time you can play together, it's better to do at least some of the fifty Rathian kills to get a rare drop or whatever your after by yourself.

But there's not much scripted. In the PSP, there's a scripted event early on where a Tigrex shows up and you're supposed to run away, but beyond that, not that I can think of. I guess stuff like that one giant dragon slowly walking towards town has sections where it passes below a bridge and you can jump onto it's back and do a lot of damage, but it's not necessary.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I wish to hunt the monsters :mrgw:

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

it looked scripted in the sense that they set up a bunch of situations to show off all of the new stealth and grappling hook and environmental destruction stuff. people aren't really sure what to think of it right now because it showed almost none of the traditional "hitting monsters with weapons" gameplay but there is some capcom pr guy on twitter saying it has all the weapons and items and stuff that were in previous games so we'll have to wait and see. they're scheduled to show more of it in the stream tomorrow afternoon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Strong Sauce posted:

Nintendo is still tomorrow but i think it's prerecorded and they're probably just going to be showing announced games + super mario odyssey.

reggie said there'd be new stuff at the spotlight and in the first hour of treehouse

dunno if he's being accurate but that's the man's word

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I'll be at video goon convention anyone wanna meet up

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

If Metroid gets announced Ill buy a Switch in the next couple weeks.

REAL METROID THO

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

homeless snail posted:

Why the gently caress would they patch this into the game? :psyduck:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I missed much of today due to sleep and traveling to work, what did y'all think of the PC, Ubisoft, and Sony conferences?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Why the gently caress would they patch this into the game? :psyduck:
The upside is that you can go to any zone and party with anyone regardless of level, so it opens the game up a bit. Before it had more of a standard MMO progression where there was kinda only ever one zone at a time that you should be questing in depending on level/faction, and if you didn't like that zone well then gently caress you, which wasn't a good fit for a TES style game either.

Its just profoundly loving boring to level up now which seems like a major sin for a MMO lmao

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I missed Sony and heard about Monster Hunter World.
It looks good.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I missed much of today due to sleep and traveling to work, what did y'all think of the PC, Ubisoft, and Sony conferences?

Ubi was legit good as far as these things go. Sony was short and didn't throw it all at the wall.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Jonas Albrecht posted:

PC: lots of esports and vr. xcom2 expansion announced, total war, lawbreakers, tropico, battletech
ubisoft: biggest thing was bg&e2, rabbids + mario looks like an interesting xcom clone. everything else was ubisoft-esque. cool interesting sounding titles that will probably disappoint us all.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Strong Sauce posted:

PC: lots of esports and vr. xcom2 expansion announced, total war, lawbreakers, tropico, battletech
ubisoft: biggest thing was bg&e2, rabbids + mario looks like an interesting xcom clone. everything else was ubisoft-esque. cool interesting sounding titles that will probably disappoint us all.

pretty sure some people will enjoy them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Jonas Albrecht posted:

https://twitter.com/ooblets/status/874035141307498496

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I could go guzzle some paint it doesn't mean I should

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm not insulting Wolfenstein here but that was one Fallout as hell trailer.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Catching up on Sony's stuff now. The Spiderman trailer looked alright. Nothing spectacularly new there and probably a too few QTEs, but the swinging looked pretty good so if they can nail the every day open world stuff I might be game.

Peter caused a loooot of damage in that trailer though. (The sort of damage that makes the whole 'zero casualties' thing silly) I love how he propped up massive machinery with webbing, left and promptly forgot about it. I hope he comes back later to help them take that god drat crane down from the side of two buildings.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I want to live in the cute universe.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Did they always swear this much in the first Beyond Good & Evil?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Golden Goat posted:

Nah.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Golden Goat posted:

No

Its almost like after 15 years the team working on this game might not be making a game completely faithful to its spirit :thunk:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

GRAB MY CHASSI NOXCI!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

PantsBandit posted:

Huh, well this is straight from Insomniac:

https://twitter.com/insomniacgames/status/874460199314046976

Maybe their definition of "physics-based" is looser than mine or maybe it just looked weird in the demo.

Is that - is that what they did in the good Spider-Man game?

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I'm not insulting Wolfenstein here but that was one Fallout as hell trailer.

Scoring it to an old song doesn't make a trailer Fallout.

• Locked thread