Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Caeks posted:

I'm actually swamped with work related projects for the next couple of days and I'm not going to be able to do much else, unfortunately. I'm so close to finishing the MSQ that I could probably finish it on a single day off, but with Stormblood being so close, and from what I gather are ilvl requirements for finishing up the MSQ, I might as well just start SAM at release THEN finish up the MSQ.

I also left quests unfinished through my journeys in HW and it'll be nice to finish them up as SAM.

Edit:

While I'm not worried about gearing up my SAM, as I've acquired a huge chunk of MNK gear already - how does a new SAM go about collecting weapons while leveling 50-60? Does SE normally put new weapons for the new jobs in older instances?

The way I understand it, only "blue" level weapons get added retroactively--i.e. to primals, raids, and tomestones.

This was at least what I saw mentioned for sam/rdm somewhere but I'd also be unsurprised at a set of 50-60 white weapons or leveling dungeon drops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

There are green weapons in ARR dungeons for the HW classes, so there should be in HW dungeons for the SB classes too. Having to back add a bunch of poo poo is a really good reason for why it makes sense for them to keep increasing the start level on these new jobs, so they don't have to redo every dungeon that drops weapons in the whole game.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I was dead set on Samurai but after watching a RDM overview...gently caress, that looks really fun too. Now I don't even know which one to focus on. I'm not a huge fan of RNG in general (unless it's periodic procs) so I'm not sure about how I feel with the whole 50% chance thing. One thing I like about Samurais is that there's no RNG and they seem to be really self-reliant, which is great. ugh I don't know what to choose anymore. still probably samurai, just because they look cool as hell

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Zaggitz posted:

Doing 3.3 MSQ right now. The WoL walking through the fleeing army to face Nidhogg is extremely hype.

It is even better without knees. (Or equally good if you are already a Lalafell.) Lala WoLs make the dramatic cutscenes so good.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

FINALLY.

gently caress PVP.

gently caress IT FOREVER.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

SL the Pyro posted:

FINALLY.

gently caress PVP.

Skullcrusher's yearbook quote and picture.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

SL the Pyro posted:

FINALLY.

gently caress PVP.

I'm sorry about all of the stun locking.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

The correct place to log out if you're going to make a beeline for a new job straight off is in front of the poetics vendor so you can buy an ironworks weapon immediately.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
my 50-60 plan is to waste my life in PotD until my brain and soul can't take it anymore, which I picture being around level 55-56. then i'll hop out, queue for LLDR and do beast tribe dailies and FATES until a queue pop. presumably that'll be a level or so and then I'll weep into my sleeve as I dive back into potd. hopefully the second delve will be with a full premade since other humans will actually be awake then.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Me resubbing to get ready for early access, and then immediately afking in the gold saucer for 5 hours

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i wonder how the boosts work with first-time bonuses for dungeons? do we have any idea?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Klades posted:

The correct place to log out if you're going to make a beeline for a new job straight off is in front of the poetics vendor so you can buy an ironworks weapon immediately.

They give you a level 50 weapon with the jobquest and goons can poo poo out crafted versions that will certainly be included in 3-4 button presses though.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

SL the Pyro posted:

FINALLY.

gently caress PVP.

I still need 40 wins for that horse. At least I can BRD at max level. Did they say if they were taking the achievements out in SB or was it just that the Disreputable Priest was going away so you couldn't get titles anymore?

Mr. Nice! posted:

They give you a level 50 weapon with the jobquest and goons can poo poo out crafted versions that will certainly be included in 3-4 button presses though.

Yes, but will those poo poo-out i115 katanas be glowing magitek katanas of the future? :awesomelon:

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jun 13, 2017

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Mr. Nice! posted:

But will they look cool?

Ironworks weapons tend to look pretty cool.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Just to make sure, there's nothing that boosts combat class exp from 50-60 other than the 3% from food, right?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Countblanc posted:

Just to make sure, there's nothing that boosts combat class exp from 50-60 other than the 3% from food, right?

You can get items from your squadron that give extra XP from monsters for 2 hours.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

S'sonjha Khei
Voted most likely to be triggered by the phrase "delete monk"
What do you mean "samurai won't have any party utility"?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Leofish posted:

I still need 40 wins for that horse. At least I can BRD at max level. Did they say if they were taking the achievements out in SB or was it just that the Disreputable Priest was going away so you couldn't get titles anymore?
If you have at least one of the Garo titles you can grind the horses out at your leisure. The achievements tied to wins with a title active, it's unrelated to the event.

It's not clear when the priest is going away though. Supposedly the gear will still be there on a vendor, but the priest will go away so you can't get a new achievement. She's supposed to hang around for "a little while" after Stormblood launches, so my best bet is another month or so, 4.1 at the latest.

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Thundarr posted:

S'sonjha Khei
Voted most likely to be triggered by the phrase "delete monk"
What do you mean "samurai won't have any party utility"?

What are these mask and dress?

Tyberius
Oct 21, 2006

I might as well get in on this whole yearbook thing as well.

A'shi Koki
All-Eorzea Track Team Captain
"Please do not fetish shame.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ilifinicus posted:

samurai looks so hard to play well that my brain hurts just thinking about having to plan out my buttons 2 minutes in advance on the fly

I'll stick with dragoon

Just memorize it man

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Leal posted:

Just memorize it man

Issue is you can't memorize adapting to random boss downtime

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Zaggitz posted:

Doing 3.3 MSQ right now. The WoL walking through the fleeing army to face Nidhogg is extremely hype.

They zoom in on the feet to recreate a scene from the heavansward trailer, they even have the same guy helping his buddy walk. It's real cool.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Stormgale posted:

Bosses don't go to downtime randomly though? They follow a set pattern with tankbusters and other abilities as well.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Zaggitz posted:

Being a DRG going into that scene is probably one of my favourite memories from a videogame in the last decade.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

jyrque posted:

Bosses don't go to downtime randomly though? They follow a set pattern with tankbusters and other abilities as well.

It's fixed timing but ones with random targets like say earthshakers, you don't know if you are going to get X seconds of downtime (and how that pushes your rotation) because it could always target the other players.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Stormgale posted:

It's fixed timing but ones with random targets like say earthshakers, you don't know if you are going to get X seconds of downtime (and how that pushes your rotation) because it could always target the other players.

Ask the paladin to use Cover on you and just keep DPSing, never stop!

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Finally got around to doing one of these:

Lambda Delta
Battle Maid Club
Casual Trash Club - President
Voted Most Likely to Explode in PotD
"I'll get that chest, it's fine!"

cathead fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 13, 2017

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Choyi posted:

Ask the paladin to use Cover on you and just keep DPSing, never stop!

It's this and it may be a lower DPS loss just to continue as if nothing happened, I just mean there are things in fights that make you disengage in a way that isn't 100% the same every fight

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Stormgale posted:

lmao at this noob who can't memorize every facet of thread drama from the last month

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Stormgale posted:

That's true, but I have the feeling the SB changes to jobs intended for simplifying juggling basic job mechanics will alleviate the issue. Samurai is even designed for the new system from get-go.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

jyrque posted:

That's true, but I have the feeling the SB changes to jobs intended for simplifying juggling basic job mechanics will alleviate the issue. Samurai is even designed for the new system from get-go.

I mean fundamentally that's what the "Absorb sen for kenki"move seems to be for, to get you out of a sen bind where you need to re-apply dots or use a move without wasting a sen (by applying one you all ready have). With it's 40S CD it should be fine but it is the trickiest thing about Sam, you're basically preparing for your future self to make sure you aren't sen locked

Erg posted:

lmao at this noob who can't memorize every facet of thread drama from the last month

I aint got time for drama when I have (bad) opinions about Samurai

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

SL the Pyro posted:

FINALLY.

gently caress PVP.

Congrats, best mount buddy! :hf:

So when is maintenance starting? I figured it would be tomorrow but haven't seen any words about it yet.
edit: derp, i'm dumb and forgot about the Maintenance tab on the lodestone
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/37c89838f13e514d27ff9ddbb9d8a0a50457be46

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

okay here's my low effort yearbook photo because i'm not really jeff bridges

Rozy Frixell
Has no friends so not voted anything
"If you think I'm bad at healing, you should see me play Monk"

Glamour:
Sharpened Cane of the White Tsar (i260 anima)
Classic Specs - undyed
Sky Pirates Healing - Pure White
Replica HA Gloves - undyed
Bridesmaid's Tights - Rolanberry Red or some poo poo
Gamblers Boots - Pretty sure these are undyed.
All jewellery glamoured invisible but I don't think it would show on this glamour anyway.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Shy posted:

Not sure about the mask, but the dress is in the cashshop.

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012

Shy posted:

Fairly sure the mask is savage Alex(AS11) striking headgear dyed white.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Man, Monk glamor really are good.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Jinh posted:

The really are
https://i.imgur.com/9Ti9UAu.jpg

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Jinh posted:

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Stormblood better add a lot more fashionable caster armor so Red Mages can have appropriately stylish glamours :colbert:

• Locked thread