Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Anidav posted:

We are going to get Wario's Wasabi World where everything is made of rice and seaweed.

Infinitum posted:

Actually I think you'll find Waluigi's Mansion is about to be released

To live in such a world. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Going to get some sleep

Then to wake up for Nintendo's E3 Direct

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All I want from this direct is the Seiken Densetsu collection coming West.

SD3 having an official Nintendo translation would be amazing.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Infinitum posted:

The Seiken Densetsu collection is really great and I hope that happens. It looks like it's selling decently, so maybe it will.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

everybody check this prediction out retro's new game is metroid but it stars donkey kong

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
I actually do want to know where the idea for Rabbid Kong/Donkey Rabbid came from...

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Modus Pwnens posted:

The Seiken Densetsu collection is really great and I hope that happens. It looks like it's selling decently, so maybe it will.

Square hates Western money almost as much as Nintendo.

I will hope, but it's a tiny hope, so I won't be disappointed when it gets snuffed out.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Infinitum posted:

Apparently getting English text into the game for the fan translation was a large undertaking. And the sheer cost on the technical side of things was why it didn't get localized in the first place. I wouldn't get your hopes up unfortunately

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'd be fine if they just released it without 3 and it was just FFA and Mana. Of course I want 3 too but I'd rather just have those rather than nothing.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Modus Pwnens posted:

Any word on whether they fixed stuff like some of the weapon orbs not appearing when they should or is it just straight SNES/GB emulation?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SeANMcBAY posted:

I'd be fine if they just released it without 3 and it was just FFA and Mana. Of course I want 3 too but I'd rather just have those rather than nothing.

They'd still want $60 for it

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2fOwX5t5Ow

Wayforward finally showed off some of the dlc content for Half Genie Hero. Looks like Risky is first.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ohtsam posted:

Apparently getting English text into the game for the fan translation was a large undertaking. And the sheer cost on the technical side of things was why it didn't get localized in the first place. I wouldn't get your hopes up unfortunately

It was like a year long project and the hardest part was VWF implementation.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Baby Mario is Luigi's son

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

It was like a year long project and the hardest part was VWF implementation.

Ah I must've been misinformed then.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

Any word on whether they fixed stuff like some of the weapon orbs not appearing when they should or is it just straight SNES/GB emulation?

I'm still playing SD1/FFA, so I can't say it personally, but I read an interview with a producer that said they were primarily using the Wii virtual console ROM, which fixed some game-breaking bugs (maybe just the one where the game could freeze after beating a boss). It sounds like the Wii version still had the missing level 9 orb, so I doubt that's been fixed.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Could we get a new Mana game, maybe 2.5D with some cool modernized graphics? Already played the poo poo out of SD2 and SD3.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Could we get a new Mana game, maybe 2.5D with some cool modernized graphics? Already played the poo poo out of 2 and 3.

You mean Ever Oasis?

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You mean Ever Oasis?

That's not what I described. Like maybe if you thought of Legend of Legacy as a Saga game? I was hoping it would be, but the only things it had were learning skills in turn-based combat and picking from a list of characters to play. Also, it sucked.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ohtsam posted:

Apparently getting English text into the game for the fan translation was a large undertaking.

Yeah but that's cause they were trying to hack the text in from the outside looking in, as it were. I'm sure it's much easier when you have access to the original code (or at least some facsimile of it) and, worst case scenario, just hardfix it all into English.

I hear you, though; I'm just trying to tell myself that maybe, maybe it'll be an easy enough undertaking that SE will bring it over.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

bloodychill posted:

Could we get a new Mana game, maybe 2.5D with some cool modernized graphics? Already played the poo poo out of SD2 and SD3.

The remake of SD1 came out recently and is good if you don't mind it just being the original game with better graphics.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I am the opposite of SeANMcBAY, I would scrap 1 and 2 and pay the full 60 (and buy a Switch) in a heartbeat to get an official English version of SD3. I played the ever-loving poo poo out of that game back in the ZSNES days and it remains one of my favorites.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

3 has definitely aged the best, 1 is just old and also a Gameboy game, 2 has a bunch of weird quirks thanks to Square not really knowing how to do a game that isn't turn based.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I just had a weird blast of nostalgia watching Mario Party Party. Remember when you would rent a game and it would be like, a history of the cartridge instead of just a blank slate? Like the games would have records set ages ago by some other weirdo renting the same game, or there'd be a full save file with poo poo you've never seen before.

They need to add random save files onto Virtual Console games.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Sakurazuka posted:

The remake of SD1 came out recently and is good if you don't mind it just being the original game with better graphics.

I haven't yet, was waiting on a sale and forgot about it until just now.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Sakurazuka posted:

How different is that from the GBA remake of SD1?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Utnayan posted:

Well, it is supposed to be a timed exclusive.

Xbox and PC at a later date. Something must have changed :( VideoGames you decide my fate. Just let me tell them the two games coming tomorrow before I may be banished :)

You toxxed for the Nintendo thread and lost I am afraid. You must vacate the Switch thread and all subsequent switch threads.
However, you may post the two games you said to me via PM.

If they both turn out to be correct then you are exonerated.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/01/20/adventures-manas-screenshots-seem-similar-final-fantasy-adventure-sword-mana/

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Thank you, I think I like the GBA remake's Legend of Mana look more. I wish the SD collection had included more than just those 3 games. (or was coming out in America.)

I hope Nintendo does some sort of Mother 3 troll in their conference.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Thank you, I think I like the GBA remake's Legend of Mana look more. I wish the SD collection had included more than just those 3 games. (or was coming out in America.)

I hope Nintendo does some sort of Mother 3 troll in their conference.

They did that already 3 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CePk795Xum4

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The 2014 conference was so good. I miss it.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Infinitum posted:

Actually I think you'll find Waluigi's Mansion is about to be released

In Waluigi's Mansion, you crash a dinner party at a really nice, regular mansion and wreak havoc.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Would I even play Mother 3 again if it came out?

loving duhhhh. That game's amazing.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
M3 is such a great game but it's a hard pill to swallow, too. I haven't really considered replaying it even though it's one of my favorite games... it's a little too heavy for me.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
rabbid for smash

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I've played M3 two times and would buy, play it again if released on the Switch

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Spacebump posted:

Adventures is a completely faithful remake, except with 3D graphics/controls, enhanced music, and a more fleshed-out translation. Which means it doesn't drone on and on with its story like Sword can. Of course, it still has the flaws of the original (bring two/three key sets to the final dungeon) but is still a solid play.

Also I'd definitely buy an English SD Collection, that series was my poo poo for awhile.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

VideoGames posted:

You toxxed for the Nintendo thread and lost I am afraid. You must vacate the Switch thread and all subsequent switch threads.

He already did, they were Pokémon Stars and Domino's Pizza Presents: Yo Noid!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

VideoGames posted:

Are they these ones?

Utnayan posted:

Metroid Prime: Scar and Overwatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Are they these ones?

Yes they are. If Metroid Prime 4: Scars and Overwatch are confirmed then Utnayan is exonerated. Otherwise, he is no longer allowed in Nintendo Switch threads. That was his toxx.

• Locked thread